• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cheney shoots a guy

jfuh said:
How is that disingenuous. Is that not what he did? Not to mention I provided a link to the story for anyone who wants to to read for themselves. It is now you who are being disingenuous and misleading.

As Vanderkeen pointed out, in hunting you must be aware of everyone around you, in particular of those in your own party. What the dark lord did is unexcuseable.
I hear the lady who was THERE say that what what the lawyer did was wrong and not one instance where she said the VP was...

Then I read opinions from people who WEREN'T THERE write how the the VP was wrong...

Excuse me if I go with her version...:cool:

And about disingenous...

Cheney did NOT shoot a guy behind him...The second the article mentions "Cheney turned to shoot quail that had just flown into the air", then the guy is NOT behind him anymore...He WAS behind him...

Your way insinuates that he actually was shooting in the reverse direction...which would be wrong...

cnredd said:
I hear the lady who was THERE say that what what the lawyer did was wrong and not one instance where she said the VP was...
You talked to the lady who was there at the time? Is that your claim? Wow, how convenient. Still it doesn't excuse the fact. Cheny shot the guy, doesn't matter what his intentions were, he turned around and shot the guy. It was his arrogance for not paying attention that got some one hurt. It's exactly the same as when your driving on the road. When you hit some one from behind, unless he cut you off or made some illegal manuver you are 100% at fault for not paying close attention to what's "IN FRONT OF YOU".

cnredd said:
And about disingenous...

Cheney did NOT shoot a guy behind him...The second the article mentions "Cheney turned to shoot quail that had just flown into the air", then the guy is NOT behind him anymore...He WAS behind him...
ARe you reading what you're writing, cause you're making no sense whatsoever.

cnredd said:
Your way insinuates that he actually was shooting in the reverse direction...which would be wrong...
Let's see
Ms. Armstrong, who was with the hunting party at the time of the shooting, told The Caller-Times that Mr. Cheney turned to shoot quail that had just flown into the air, accidentally peppering one side of Mr. Whittington's body. She said Mr. Cheney was unaware Mr. Whittington had approached him from behind, as the Texas lawyer had not followed hunting protocol and announced his presence to the other hunters[/QUOTE]
That tells me that when the dark lord turned around and shot, he shot the lawyer.
So yes, other then saying that the dark lord shot a person that was behind him I don't know how else to put it.
Yes you are very much being disengenous now.

Simple question cnredd: Did or did not Cheny shoot some one?

Last edited:
jfuh said:
Did or did not Cheny shoot some one?
Of course he did. Has someone denied it? I heard the Vice President say it happened, just as it was reported. Yes, the accident happened. Now, continue spinning it into political rhetoric. Maybe you can join kidrocks. He thinks it's attepted murder.

jfuh said:
Partisanship is disgusting. It was excusable and partisan enough though that repulicans have torn this thread and put it into flaming and so on. Oh well.

You say this and you accuse ME of partisanship? I am neither a Republican OR a Democrat. YOU have a bunch of donkeys under your name!

Some updated news...
cheney-scooter-hunting500II.jpg

The above photo shows Vice President
Dick Cheney speaking to reporters at the bedside of the man who he "accidentally" shot this weekend while on a hunting trip in Texas (full story).

A spokesman for the vice president identified the shooting victim as Harry Whittington, but sources close to the incident suggest "Harry Whittington" is a
Secret Service code name for Cheney's indicted former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

"Honestly, I didn't mean to shoot Scoot-- I mean, Harry Whittington," the vice president told reporters in "Mr. Whittington's" hospital recovery room.

The shooting occurred several days after it was revealed that Mr. Libby told special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald he was ordered by Vice President Cheney to leak classified national security documents to the press. The revelation could cost Cheney his job and whatever remains of his reputation amongst both Democrats and Republicans.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20060213/cm_huffpost/015538

cnredd said:

Then I read opinions from people who WEREN'T THERE write how the the VP was wrong...

Excuse me if I go with her version...:cool:

And about disingenous...

How about we take a look at what the experts say

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060213....5qP0AC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

ludahai said:
You say this and you accuse ME of partisanship? I am neither a Republican OR a Democrat. YOU have a bunch of donkeys under your name!
If you go to the "groups" section you will notice tht dokeys represent liberal, which my rationals very much are. Perhaps if I swith to handshaks you would complain less?

bush_vacation_fishing.jpg

Hey guys...lighten up. What better time to go hunting than in the middle of a war? There's not nearly as many people sharing the woods!!!

Hunting and fishing takes your mind off your troubles. "Cleanse the soul."

Captain America said:
bush_vacation_fishing.jpg
Hunting and fishing takes your mind off your troubles. "Cleanse the soul."
:roll:

If you can't make a scandal stick, make up another one.

Photoshoped Pictures: The Liberal Platform

"I don't care wut yew say, that thar wuz funny!"
*************************************Larry the Cable Guy

:rofl

Captain America said:
"I don't care wut yew say, that thar wuz funny!"
*************************************Larry the Cable Guy

:rofl

Which part was funny? The actual pain of being shot? The pain of having the pellets removed from his body? I'm confused. Where do you find the humor?

Which part was funny? The actual pain of being shot? The pain of having the pellets removed from his body? I'm confused. Where do you find the humor?

Stop acting so self righteous. Everyone knows you don't really give a ****.

KCConservative said:

coming from a warmonger.....:roll:

FinnMacCool said:

:rofl couldn't have said it better myself

FinnMacCool said:
well said.

tryreading said:
There is an exception to every rule, they say. But the people here who engage in this activity are just lowlifes, from what I've seen.

I would say 99.9% of the time your original post holds true. I didn't write my post to prove you wrong or even disagree with you. Merely pointing out life throws you a curve at times.

Here the number of people "needing" to put food on their table has increased dramatically since the State of Oregon has began installing state owned video poker and slot machines in the local bars and taverns. Folks are still driving 35K 4X4's, just somehow now they can't feed their families without poaching.

cnredd said:
Just saying "He shot the guy that was behind him" is disingenuous and misleading...doesn't tell the whole story...

Yes in fact it does. He shot a guy behind him. He rotated his gun 180 degrees, and shot into an area that he did not know was clear, when he knew he did not know where members of his party were. He shot into his own hunting party. This is inexcusable.

BTW the spin they are trying to have about hunters "announcing themselves" to each other is just that, :spin: ! When hunting you communicate by hand signals. Talking, much less talking loudly to get the attention of someone facing the other way will make sure you get no game.

What makes this even more inexcusable is I have no learned this was a freaking canned hunt. Farm raised quail, let out of their cages right in front of these morons with their guns. Quail who view human beings as a source of food and water, not as a predator and as thus have zero change. All ethical hunters view canned hunts as immoral, disgusting, and the province of people lacking any morals or honor. To manage to shoot a hunting buddy in a canned hunt is amazingly negligent. Rather like running over your wife in your own garage.

KCConservative said:
Of course he did. Has someone denied it? I heard the Vice President say it happened, just as it was reported. Yes, the accident happened. Now, continue spinning it into political rhetoric. Maybe you can join kidrocks. He thinks it's attepted murder.

Not attempted murder, at the least it is negligent discharge of a firearm resulting in injury. Can you deny it? That is a legal charge in every state that allows hunting that I know of. You shoot someone accidentally in Michigan and they do not die, you WILL get charged with this, no ifs, no ands, no butts. If they die it is negligent homicide.

The one and only person responsible for where they rounds from their firearm go is the one who pulls the trigger.

Just got info that Cheny is now getting a slap on the wrist with a simple citation for not having the "proper liscence". No charge of negligence at all.
Bullshit.

Let us see how the mistake was made:

His intended target:

quail.jpg

Approx 6-7 inches tall, weighing a couple of pounds.

What he shot:

whit.jpg

Approx 6 feet tall, weighing around 200 pounds.

You republican people think that this is a reasonable error?

So let us see.

He was illegally hunting without the proper license, a criminal act.

He negligently discharged his firearm wounding a man seriously enough that he had to spend days in the ICU.

He was engaging in the DEPLORABLE practice known as a canned hunt, that is, shooting farm raised birds with no survival skills that view humans as a source of food and water rather than a predator.

He will be facing no charges? He was let off with a WARNING on the poaching charge.

No, just think. Joe SixPack is engaging in a canned hunt without the proper license and he accidental shoots a 78 year old lawyer. Do you think he isn't going to get thrown in jail and charged to the limit of the law?

This is utter and complete BS.

The Real McCoy said:
Oh man, the left is gonna EAT this up.

I suppose that would make a really funny Weird Al song.

"Cheney's got a gun,
He might accidently shoot you too
Everybody body better run
Because he can't see you"

Vandeervecken said:
You republican people think that this is a reasonable error?

Are you speculating that someone who is vice president of the country would have to resort to a hunting accident to off someone?

This is just a bunch of old fogeys running around getting in a accident.If he was not he vice president this would probly not be news worthy except for comedy.

jamesrage said:
Are you speculating that someone who is vice president of the country would have to resort to a hunting accident to off someone?

This is just a bunch of old fogeys running around getting in a accident.If he was not he vice president this would probly not be news worthy except for comedy.

No, I am saying that he is criminally negligent in this manner. It is simply not reasonable to mistake a 6 foot man for a 6 inch bird. It is the responsibility of the shooter to know what is int he field of fire before he discharges his weapon.

Now it comes out he was poaching as well.

Not to mention engaging in a canned hunt.

Deplorable behaviors all.

Back
Top Bottom