• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cheney shoots a guy

I'm surprised his popularity didn't go up 50 percentage points when the public found out he shot a lawyer...;)

cnredd said:
I'm surprised his popularity didn't go up 50 percentage points when the public found out he shot a lawyer...;)
Lol, and a lobbying lawyer for that matter.
According to Jay Leno though it went up to 90 percent approval.

jfuh said:
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews II:I)

In my experience faith is the strong and unyielding belief in what you know ain't so.

jamesrage said:
Are you speculating that someone who is vice president of the country would have to resort to a hunting accident to off someone?

This is just a bunch of old fogeys running around getting in a accident.If he was not he vice president this would probly not be news worthy except for comedy.

James beat me to the punch. It was an accident due to negligence. It happens all the time. That don't make it right but that don't make it a conspiracy either.

Cheney always aimed to far to the right anyways. It was just a matter of time before he hurt somebody.

Give the ol' geezer a break. I'm sure he feels terrible about this.

However, instead of his press corp/damage control spinning it to shift blame, trying make it sound like it was all the victims fault, he should just apologize and move on.

Get over it people. **** happens.

KCConservative said:
Which part was funny? The actual pain of being shot? The pain of having the pellets removed from his body? I'm confused. Where do you find the humor?

What can I tell you that the others haven't already said? Except, perhaps, take a Midol.:rofl

Vandeervecken said:
He was illegally hunting without the proper license, a criminal act.

The fine was seven dollars. Criminal act?

Hey, maybe this will be the scandal that finally sticks and gets them all thrown out of office. QuailGate. :2wave:

Good luck.

I was fishing down near Corpus when my fishing buddy got cited by the Wildlife officers for fishing without a "red drum" stamp. He wasn't allowed to go buy the stamp "after the fact" but neither is he a politician.

Big deal. It's no biggee. Get over it people!

It's embarassing to me to see the left try to make a mountain out of this molehill. As if there wasn't other things he has done that are far more objectionable. It smells of desperation.

Don't tell me... Cheney is ex US army. It's just friendly fire then.

Collateral damage. Anybody want to take a bet to see if Cheney actually ate his quarry?

Good hunters eat what they kill.

Good thing the lawyer lived. I hear they leave a very bad taste in one's mouth.:rofl

Vandeervecken said:
Yes in fact it does. He shot a guy behind him. He rotated his gun 180 degrees, and shot into an area that he did not know was clear, when he knew he did not know where members of his party were. He shot into his own hunting party. This is inexcusable.

BTW the spin they are trying to have about hunters "announcing themselves" to each other is just that, :spin: ! When hunting you communicate by hand signals. Talking, much less talking loudly to get the attention of someone facing the other way will make sure you get no game.

What makes this even more inexcusable is I have no learned this was a freaking canned hunt. Farm raised quail, let out of their cages right in front of these morons with their guns. Quail who view human beings as a source of food and water, not as a predator and as thus have zero change. All ethical hunters view canned hunts as immoral, disgusting, and the province of people lacking any morals or honor. To manage to shoot a hunting buddy in a canned hunt is amazingly negligent. Rather like running over your wife in your own garage.

This is a primary rule of hunting and firearm safety. I fail to see how this is even debatable.

I also agree with you on the "canned hunt" issue. I know of no respectable hunter who engages in "canned hunts." If you're just going to shot at objects thrown into the air why not stick to clay pigeons? Unless of course you just want to kill something for the fun of it.

Dodgy_Geezer said:
Don't tell me... Cheney is ex US army. It's just friendly fire then.

Nope during the Nam draft he got 4 or 5 deferments. For as he put it he "had other priorities at the time."

Had he actually served his country in the military he would have been better trained in firearm safety.

Vandeervecken said:
In my experience faith is the strong and unyielding belief in what you know ain't so.
I like to think of it more as not having to frustrate over things currently unexplainable. But then not to confuse the use of faith for the explanation of things already known in science. ie the rediculous assertion of id (iot) over evolution.

Pacridge said:
Nope during the Nam draft he got 4 or 5 deferments. For as he put it he "had other priorities at the time."

Had he actually served his country in the military he would have been better trained in firearm safety.
Probably wouldn't have needed to go to a quail farm and shoot a 78 year old man, in the face.

The question that is posed now by inmates charged with murder is whether they can get away by saying that they were aiming for the quail, and if that fails will they be able to say
"but the VP did it":lol:

but seriously, you know you need gun control when the VP is shooting people up

Also will he be liable to man slaughter charges

Apparently the 78 year old Cheney shot has had a heart attack because of a pellet that penetrated his heart.

Vandeervecken said:
So let us see.

He was illegally hunting without the proper license, a criminal act.

He negligently discharged his firearm wounding a man seriously enough that he had to spend days in the ICU.

He was engaging in the DEPLORABLE practice known as a canned hunt, that is, shooting farm raised birds with no survival skills that view humans as a source of food and water rather than a predator.

He will be facing no charges? He was let off with a WARNING on the poaching charge.

No, just think. Joe SixPack is engaging in a canned hunt without the proper license and he accidental shoots a 78 year old lawyer. Do you think he isn't going to get thrown in jail and charged to the limit of the law?

This is utter and complete BS.
I question why he didn't report the shooting for hours and then whisked himself out of the state. I'm sure anyone else would be charged with something for doing that.

Originally posted by scottyz
I question why he didn't report the shooting for hours and then whisked himself out of the state. I'm sure anyone else would be charged with something for doing that.
Anyone but Ted Kennedy.

Billo_Really said:
Anyone but Ted Kennedy.

Hmmmm, this warrants a .......................................

thenightafter.jpg

OWNED:2wave:

Billo_Really said:
Anyone but Ted Kennedy.
Maybe Ted and Dick will finally be able to find some common ground.

scottyz said:
Maybe Ted and Dick will finally be able to find some common ground.

No, we are the ones who prefer "dick and Jane" remember?;) :rofl

KCConservative said:
The fine was seven dollars. Criminal act?

Hey, maybe this will be the scandal that finally sticks and gets them all thrown out of office. QuailGate. :2wave:

Good luck.

Try again. The $7 is the cost of the bird stamp, not the fine. The fact is he was taking game without being properly licensed. That is known as poaching. It is a criminal act. You can joke about it, but once again this administration is showing they believe they are above the law.

Now Cheney's victim has had a heart attack. Still claiming it is a minor wound you republicans?

Pacridge said:
This is a primary rule of hunting and firearm safety. I fail to see how this is even debatable.

I also agree with you on the "canned hunt" issue. I know of no respectable hunter who engages in "canned hunts." If you're just going to shot at objects thrown into the air why not stick to clay pigeons? Unless of course you just want to kill something for the fun of it.

Exactly so. I love to skeet shoot, or sporting clays both. If time or circumstances keep you from getting out to hunt game, these are fun and easily accessible. I have two good skeet throwers myself. They are not expensive. The idea of shooting what amounts to livestock and calling is sport sickens me.

Che said:
Also will he be liable to man slaughter charges
Nope, he got a $7.00 citation for not having the proper hunting stamp (which he already sent a check for).
Imagine if it were anyone else, their a$$ would've been in jail in no time.

Last edited:
Vandeervecken said:
Exactly so. I love to skeet shoot, or sporting clays both. If time or circumstances keep you from getting out to hunt game, these are fun and easily accessible. I have two good skeet throwers myself. They are not expensive. The idea of shooting what amounts to livestock and calling is sport sickens me.

Yeah, cause gettin all sweaty and angry makes it more fun, can't argue there, kinda like war, you just wanna kill those bastards.:spin:

I have two trolls, I make them dance a jig, it does not sicken me one bit.:rofl

Vandeervecken said:
The fact is he was taking game without being properly licensed. That is known as poaching. It is a criminal act. You can joke about it, but once again this administration is showing they believe they are above the law.

Now Cheney's victim has had a heart attack. Still claiming it is a minor wound you republicans?
Exactly, they probably have Gonzales now showing how it's part of the war against terrorism, you know, those damn civil rights lawyers make life hell for Cheny Inc.

Back
Top Bottom