• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cheney shoots a guy

Originally posted by Stinger:
But that's not what happened, so why are you laughing about it when someone could have been seriously hurt, and I don't laugh about people killed in war either.
You don't try to stop it either.

GySgt said:
"Sight Vision."

Try it. Place a ruler or stick (something to simulate a rifle or shotgun) in front of you and aim down the top of it with one eye closed. Now simulate you are chasing your sights on a moving target (like birds or a deer). Notice how many things quickly jump in your aim. Now imagine you have your target perfectly and you squeeze the trigger only to find that something got in the way in that last split second. This is how it happens.

This sort of thing is why the military works with areas of aim rather than a free for all.

You claim to be a Gunny and sight with one eye closed????????

Stinger said:
s

And I bet none of them know anything about hunting. The guy should have alerted them he was approaching thier position, he didn't. It's really funny watching others embarss themselves with their comments.

I've been hunting for more than three decades, without ever shooting anything or anyone I did not intend to shoot. "Alerting people" is a great way to make sure you go home with no game. He was coming up BEHIND Cheney, as one should, not downrange. How the heck do you accidentally shoot behind yourself?

There is no excuse for discharging your firearm at a member of your own hunting party, none. In fact in most states, at least in mine it is AT LEAST the criminal act of Negligent Discharge of a Firearm Resulting In Injury. Want to be Cheney gets a free pass?

So we have people who claim to be Gunnery Sergeants who claim to shoot one-eyed, and others who claim to be hunters talking about shouting in the woods to your hunting party and they both claim others don't know anything about shooting and hunting. Oy vey.

Originally posted by Vandeervecken
I've been hunting for more than three decades, without ever shooting anything or anyone I did not intend to shoot. "Alerting people" is a great way to make sure you go home with no game. He was coming up BEHIND Cheney, as one should, not downrange. How the heck do you accidentally shoot behind yourself?

There is no excuse for discharging your firearm at a member of your own hunting party, none. In fact in most states, at least in mine it is AT LEAST the criminal act of Negligent Discharge of a Firearm Resulting In Injury. Want to be Cheney gets a free pass?

So we have people who claim to be Gunnery Sergeants who claim to shoot one-eyed, and others who claim to be hunters talking about shouting in the woods to your hunting party and they both claim others don't know anything about shooting and hunting. Oy vey.
I shutter to think what would happen if he was hunting like Ted Nugent.

Billo_Really said:
I shutter to think what would happen if he was hunting like Ted Nugent.

You shutter to think???? Huh? What?

Ted Nugent is a VERY safe, experienced, and sporting hunter. If our idiot VP hunted like Nugent nobody would have been shot.

I'm not big fan of the Nuge for a number of reasons (I hate rich bungholes who do not tip for one), but have no problems with his hunting.

Originally posted by Vandeervecken

Ted Nugent is a VERY safe, experienced, and sporting hunter. If our idiot VP hunted like Nugent nobody would have been shot.

I'm not big fan of the Nuge for a number of reasons (I hate rich bungholes who do not tip for one), but have no problems with his hunting.
I'm no expert, the closest I ever came to hunting was frog gigging down in Mexico. But I think the guys injuries might have been a little more severe if he had been shot with a bow and arrow.

Vandeervecken said:

You beat me to that.

You also beat me to the "how the heck do you accidentally shoot someone behind you?" comment.

My state as well has a Negligent Discharge law.

If you've hunted as long as you say, then you know there's a percent of hunters out there that just shouldn't be out there. That percentage, IMO, is extremely small. But they're out there. I can't tell you how many times I've walked out of the woods and on my way back to my rig see some guy with a bottle of Jack in his lap and a loaded weapon sticking out his window.

Finally- Yes, Ted's an a$$, but I understand he hunts with respectable methods.

Billo_Really said:
I'm no expert, the closest I ever came to hunting was frog gigging down in Mexico. But I think the guys injuries might have been a little more severe if he had been shot with a bow and arrow.

When have you heard of Nugent hunting quail with a freaking bow and arrow? He is a darn good shot with a bow, but nobody is that good. Nugent hunts with shotgun, pistol, rifle, bow and spear that I know of for sure, might even hunt with other things for all I know. You choose the appropriate tool for the appropriate prey.

Originally Posted by Vandeervecken
When have you heard of Nugent hunting quail with a freaking bow and arrow? He is a darn good shot with a bow, but nobody is that good. Nugent hunts with shotgun, pistol, rifle, bow and spear that I know of for sure, might even hunt with other things for all I know. You choose the appropriate tool for the appropriate prey.
I was under the impression that ole Ted hunts only with a bow and arrow. He has made several speeches on the subject.

Pacridge said:
My state as well has a Negligent Discharge law.

I would be rather surprised if all 50 don't. Sad to say there is no shortage of idiots who get their hands on guns.

Pacridge said:
If you've hunted as long as you say, then you know there's a percent of hunters out there that just shouldn't be out there. That percentage, IMO, is extremely small. But they're out there. I can't tell you how many times I've walked out of the woods and on my way back to my rig see some guy with a bottle of Jack in his lap and a loaded weapon sticking out his window.

Wish I could argue this, but my experience matches yours. I almost never (been more than a decade now) hunt on state land for that very reason.

Pacridge said:
Finally- Yes, Ted's an a$$, but I understand he hunts with respectable methods.

I am friends with one of the Nuge's best hunting buddies, and I can attest that not only does he hunt respectably, but in fact is a strong advocate for laws against canned hunts, and other forms of poor sportsmanship. In fact from what my friend says ANYONE that uses unethical hunting methods will never, ever, hunt with him or on his property again. He has zero tolerance for it. The guy is a jerk, but not in every way.

Billo_Really said:
I was under the impression that ole Ted hunts only with a bow and arrow. He has made several speeches on the subject.

Unless this is a VERY recent change, this is false. There are types of game he only hunts with a bow, like Whitetail deer. He is such a good shot with firearms there was no sport even in handgun hunting them for him. NOBODY hunts quail with a bow. Not even the Indians hunted quail with a bow. Small bird, VERY fast, explosive upon take off. Hard enough to hit them with a shotgun. Unfortunately they taste like pooh in my opinion so I don't hunt them. Petter than woodcock in flavor but that is about all I'll give them. Now give me a nice juicy pheasant any day.

Wish I could argue this,
Have you ever thought that maybe you like to argue too much? Have you ever heard of a concept known as a conversation?

Billo_Really said:
Have you ever thought that maybe you like to argue too much? Have you ever heard of a concept known as a conversation?

What the heck could I be thinking, debating politics on a site called Debate Politics. . . .

I'll debate damn near anything. Sad to say there are few worthy opponents out there. Logic and critical thought not being taught in the schools any more. Most people here cannot tell the difference between an argumentum ad baculum and arroz con pollo.

What the heck could I be thinking, debating politics on a site called Debate Politics. . . .

I'll debate damn near anything. Sad to say there are few worthy opponents out there. Logic and critical thought not being taught in the schools any more. Most people here cannot tell the difference between an argumentum ad baculum and arroz con pollo.
No one can cook chicken right without the threat of force.

Billo_Really said:
No one can cook chicken right without the threat of force.

Of course this begs the question, did you know it, or appeal to an authority to find its meaning?

Of course this begs the question, did you know it, or appeal to an authority to find its meaning?
I googled it. Took less than a minute. Could repeat your question in the form of a Venn diagram.

Billo_Really said:
I googled it. Took less than a minute. Could repeat your question in the form of a Venn diagram.

Just let me SET a spell first. :rofl

Just let me SET a spell first.
That's OK. I've always had trouble reading them anyway.

Vandeervecken said:
I would be rather surprised if all 50 don't. Sad to say there is no shortage of idiots who get their hands on guns.

Wish I could argue this, but my experience matches yours. I almost never (been more than a decade now) hunt on state land for that very reason.

I am friends with one of the Nuge's best hunting buddies, and I can attest that not only does he hunt respectably, but in fact is a strong advocate for laws against canned hunts, and other forms of poor sportsmanship. In fact from what my friend says ANYONE that uses unethical hunting methods will never, ever, hunt with him or on his property again. He has zero tolerance for it. The guy is a jerk, but not in every way.

I used to work with this guy, total moron, came into work one night during elk rifle season. He had this big smile on his face and announced he gotten his elk. I went out to his "Jimmy" and stuffed in the back of the toy sized GMC was this poor second year elk. Barely even legal. In Oregon, in that unit, the bull must have at least one antler longer then the ear. This one had one that just barely cleared the ear, in fact if the ear were pulled out straight, I don't think it did. Anyway he starts telling his "story", which began with "I was driving down the road real quietly..." I walked back inside at that point and didn't have the privilege of hearing how his hunt ended.

I can understand someone taking a small bull or even putting in for a cow tag. If they need the meat to feed their family, which is the case for many people living in the Oregon Coast Range. But this guy had a 50K a year job, probably wasted more meat then he used. Which is also a crime in Oregon.

Hunting's just like everything else...10% or less give everyone else a bad name.

tryreading said:
What really happened is Dick Cheney was attempting to shoot the only real competition he has for Best Living Vice President. That man is, of course, Dan Quayle. Knowing Quayle was hunting in the same woods, Cheney had a dog flush him out, and threw down with a bead on Quayle and just as he was about to fire, he had a myocardial infarction (he has about 3 heart attacks a day), which threw off his aim so he mistakenly shot a lawyer who thought secret wire taps were illegal, so, after all, the shotgun shell was not completely wasted.

Dan Quayle LOL that was awesome.

Update:

The Vice President did NOT shoot anyone today...

For tomorrow, the jury is still out...

KCConservative said:
So Che thinks someone getting shot is funny. Dana seems to agree. I'm waiting for aps and kidrocks and champs and hipster to follow suit. You guys have fun. Embarrass yourselves.

I think it's quite unfortunate. I'm sure the Vice President feels awful, just as anyone would.
Oh please, if this were Gore or Clinton, you'd totally be eating this up blabbering off about how amoral they are and so on.

Cheney has done this before. Didn't he take a shot at Joseph Wison, but shot his:shoot wife instead?

KidRocks said:
So will David Letterman, Jay Leno, Jon Stewart, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel...
lol, Jon Stewart and Conan O'Brien, they're going to take this to an entirely different level. Especially Conan's Dark prince clip of the devil lol.

5edd1b7c1a.jpg

ElmerCheney.gif

"Shhhhh, be VEWY VEWY qwiet, I'm hunting wobbyists."

cheneygun25za.jpg

Back
Top Bottom