• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charlie Hebdo is heroic and racist

Lmao, utter nonsense. You're not expected to do something about a crime you took no role in. Kony for example has killed hundreds of thousands. He has maimed tens of thousands more and displaced millions. This isn't a "blurry situation" where the person's role and their actual role is questioned. So where are the demonstrations by Christians on it? Where are the Christians demonstrating against Uganda's state sanctioned murder of homosexuals? Why is Ahmed, a computer scientist, who also happens to be a Muslim, being asked to "do something" about Islamic terrorism when he plays no role in it? :)

So 1.2 billion Muslims as a group and community should do nothing about Islamic extremists because they had nothing to do with the terrorists acts?

Makes you wonder why everyone is saying Islamists were behind the attack on it--could very well have been radical, conservative Christian extremists.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to pull this one out of their...hat.

I actually enjoy the cartoons, they're not bad.

etLvJw4.jpg
0fuQ2gi.jpg
M1FjhWi.gif

4UZNGXO.gif
ZefqeMf.jpg

You claimed Christians are doing nothing, however troops

Nope, I asked why is it that Joe Christian who has nothing to do with terrorist attacks is not expected to do something.

--who are mostly Christian--from a country that is mostly Christian, are in Uganda, operating against the LRA.

U.S. Sending More Troops To Hunt For Ugandan Warlord Joseph Kony : The Two-Way : NPR

The same could be said about Muslim countries with militaries helping us fight terrorism.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to pull this one out of their...hat.

Well, radical conservative Christians use "allah akbar" all day every day dude.... didn't you know? :wink:

Well, radical conservative Christians use "allah akbar" all day every day dude.... didn't you know? :wink:

I was on a board back in 2001 where some idiot claimed that 9/11 was Jerry Falwell's fault.

Nope, I asked why is it that Joe Christian who has nothing to do with terrorist attacks is not expected to do something.

The same could be said about Muslim countries with militaries helping us fight terrorism.

It's funny that while trying to make a point about Christians not doing anything about a Christian Warlord the best you can find is a news story about a predominantly Christian country sending predominantly Christian troops to take out the Christian warlord.

untitled.jpg

Joe Christian doesn't support, excuse, nor condone Christian violence, as do Muslims.

So 1.2 billion Muslims as a group and community should do nothing about Islamic extremists because they had nothing to do with the terrorists acts?

Why should they? It seems as if these terrorists acted according to their beliefs also.

What I do not understand is, if these cartoons were sooooo offensive, why did they not channel their anger/destructive energy, in the same way and draw silly things about France and French values?

You know, an eye for an eye, a teeth for teeth type of thing?

Total hogwash. Charlie Hebdo is probably the most irreverent, politically incorrect, in your face, crude and crass publication on the planet. Even South Park in its wildest and craziest episodes doesn't come close to their level. They've made fun of everything and everyone under the sun. They are not racist. They simply have zero use for political or even social correctness. They are a necessity to counterbalance the often too cautious mainstream media and I hope they never, ever change.

I wonder. Is there an English version? I have to kinda admire those values.

Nah, they usually get drunk and play guitar before their shootings. . .

Page was always a music lover, and another turning point toward violence came when he attended Georgia’s Hammerfest, a large white power music festival, in 2000. He was so attracted to the message and lifestyle of the musicians he met there that he relocated to the city of Orange in Southern California, then a thriving center of the racist music scene.

When Simi met him in 2001, Page was playing bass guitar and singing backup vocals with a band called Youngland. He couldn’t hold a regular job because he drank so heavily that he would pass out and miss work the next day, Simi said.

Sikh Temple Killer Wade Michael Page Radicalized in Army | Southern Poverty Law Center

That's what you say and I say that it is.

I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree. :roll:

Life goes on.

Hats off to you for accapting that you're wrong. ;)

Joe Christian doesn't support, excuse, nor condone Christian violence, as do Muslims.

Joe Christian typically does condone violence committed by the US govt. (i. e. killing kids, women, etc. w/bombs) in the Middle East. . .

One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Last edited:
I wonder. Is there an English version? I have to kinda admire those values.

Not that I know of. I can't think of any English language newspaper or magazine that even comes close. It's a very French kind of humor that holds absolutely nothing and I really do mean nothing as sacred. Other than free speech, that is. :)

Not that I know of. I can't think of any English language newspaper or magazine that even comes close. It's a very French kind of humor that holds absolutely nothing and I really do mean nothing as sacred. Other than free speech, that is. :)

Figures that there's nothing like it in the US. The excessive PC police would have stamped it out by the second edition.

I miss my MAD magazine from my youth, and would welcome a more grown up version of that, based on current new topics.

Joe Christian typically does condone violence committed by the US govt. (i. e. killing kids, women, etc. w/bombs) in the Middle East. . .

Nor does Joes Christian blame Bush, or The United States, or starting ranting about racism.

Hats off to you for accapting that you're wrong.
;)

The only one that's wrong is you, but don't let that stop you from spouting your non-stop BS. :roll:

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

The only one that's wrong is you, but don't let that stop you from spouting your non-stop BS. :roll:

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

In that case, we'll definitely have to agree to disagree. ;)

The penalty should be incarceration. Anyone that reacts with violence to words by private individuals should be put away.
So no penalties at all for provocation or incitement?

Back
Top Bottom