• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cartoons - offence must be retaliated

goligoth said:
yeah I find it hard to believe that this guy can be so ticked off over a cartoon and yet only post once........

Perhaps he realized how muslims have no room to bitch about other people disrespecting their religion when disrespect other people's reigions all the time.

goligoth said:
yeah I find it hard to believe that this guy can be so ticked off over a cartoon and yet only post once........

Don't you just HATE trolls? DP's answer to the one-hit wonder: the one-post troll!

"Ugh, troll boogers."

ludahai said:
Don't you just HATE trolls? DP's answer to the one-hit wonder: the one-post troll!

"Ugh, troll boogers."

How do you know he is a not a real muslim hiding in shame for the hypocrosy his fellow muslims have commited?

jamesrage said:
How do you know he is a not a real muslim hiding in shame for the hypocrosy his fellow muslims have commited?

But doesn't that go against the worldview of the liberals? They would love to pin absolutely everything and anything on the latest boogyman, the neocon.

ludahai said:
But doesn't that go against the worldview of the liberals? They would love to pin absolutely everything and anything on the latest boogyman, the neocon.

Almost sounds similar to the Iranians trying to blame the Mohammed cartoons on jews.

The absolute proof of what Islam is.Is shown in the fact that a Muslim is better off and has more rights living in a CHRISTIAN or JEWISH country,than any Muslim country in the world !

ludahai said:
How does this relate to the thread exactly, again this polarized left vs right crap? Seriously, stay on topic.

JOHNYJ said:
The absolute proof of what Islam is.Is shown in the fact that a Muslim is better off and has more rights living in a CHRISTIAN or JEWISH country,than any Muslim country in the world !

This is the reality of what the Islamic world looks like today. The practice of religion is always most free where its relationaship with government is least adhesive, and, in every society, those who wish to impose one religion's dominance on the state tend to be authoritarian in disposition.

Fakhri said:
Being a faithful Moslem, I cannot but feel towering contempt to those unscrupulous people who find it amusing to draw ungodly cartoons depicting Mohammed. They call it press freedom? I call it disrespect of religious feelings that look rather like scorn. I'm no extremist or bigot but in this situation I fully approve the cartoon riots of my brothers-on-faith for this is an insult that must be retaliated! Moslems are no barbarians and we can fight for our religion and Allah! From this moment on I start to uphold Islamic extremist organizations! Find the offenders and make them pay! Allah Аhbar!

1st of all, I find it totally disrespectful for anyone to make fun of another's religeon. It should not have been done!

That being said, you expressed extreme contempt for anyone to use such "ungodly cartoons depicting Mohammed". Well, what about Muslim Extremists who have brought back 'FAKE' western cartoons into the Middle East, the ones printed in Al Jazeera, meant to incite Muslims against Europe. In case you are not familiar with it, several instances of this were un-covered some time back - Al Jazeera was forced to admit they were not real cartoons that had come from the western World but those that had been created BY MUSLIMS to stir up hatred and violence?! I suggest you <Google> to check up on this if you have not read or heard anything about it.

Here's a question as well: You say you "fully approve the cartoon riots of my brothers-on-faith"
-- This cartoon came out several years ago, I believe, but there was no violence until their re-printing just recently. Where was the outrage when it was 1st printed?
-- Al Jazeera and others reported the riots as a spur-of-the-moment reaction by muslims. The riot in Syria, for example, which burned down the Norweigan and other Embassies, was reported as one of these. anyone who knows anything about Syria, though, KNOWS there is no such thing as a 'riot', especially not one that just happens without the goverment knowing anything about it. Further investigation showed that many of the members of the 'riot' were actually Syrian Soldiers and that the 'riot' was a state-sponsored attack with the excuse of the cartoon used to start it. What about that?

The fact is that, despite being despicable, in the end, it is just another excuse to commit heinous attacks and calls for violence against Non-Mulims by the totally in-tolerant extremist movement that has hijacked the true PEACEFUL and tolerant teachings f Muhammed!

The thing that bothers me the most is that you said, "From this moment on I start to uphold Islamic extremist organizations!" THAT distresses me most because you have just declared to everyone on this board that you plan to support terrorism in any way, shape, or form, by supporting terrorist organizations. I am afraid that I just might have to report you to the appropriate authorities, and I look forward to seeing you in one of our detention facilities, like the one in Cuba!

Have a nice day, and hope to see you soon! I'll get your prayer rug ready!

Last edited:
Muslim cartoon outrage.
Let's do a little historical review.

Just some lowlights:
Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia. A Christian school.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt.
No Muslim outrage.

A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India. Kills six.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia. Muslims shoot children in the back.
No Muslim outrage.

Let's go way back. Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses. Over 700 injured.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons. No Muslim outrage

Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge.
No Muslim outrage.

Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed.
Muslims are outraged.

Dead children. Dead tourists. Dead teachers. Dead doctors and nurses. Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hand of Muslims ..
no Muslim outrage

... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

Come on, is this really about cartoons? They're rampaging and burning flags. They're looking for Europeans to kidnap. They're threatening innkeepers and generally raising holy Muslim hell not because of any outrage over a cartoon. They're outraged because it is part of the Islamic jihadist culture to be outraged. You don't really need a reason. You just need an excuse. Wandering around, destroying property, murdering children, firing guns into the air and feigning outrage over the slightest perceived insult is to a jihadist what tailgating is to a Steeler's fan.
I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims. When, though, do they become outraged? When do they take to the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and ridicule?
Islamic writer Salman Rushdie wrote of these silent Muslims in a New York Times article three years ago. "As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?"
Indeed. Why not?

robin said:
Muslim cartoon outrage.

Just some lowlights:
No Muslim outrage.

Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia. A Christian school.
No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt.
No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia. Muslims shoot children in the back.
No Muslim outrage.

Let's go way back. Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics.
No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses. Over 700 injured.
No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge.
No Muslim outrage.

Muslims are outraged.

Dead children. Dead tourists. Dead teachers. Dead doctors and nurses. Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hand of Muslims ..
no Muslim outrage

... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

Come on, is this really about cartoons? They're rampaging and burning flags. They're looking for Europeans to kidnap. They're threatening innkeepers and generally raising holy Muslim hell not because of any outrage over a cartoon. They're outraged because it is part of the Islamic jihadist culture to be outraged. You don't really need a reason. You just need an excuse. Wandering around, destroying property, murdering children, firing guns into the air and feigning outrage over the slightest perceived insult is to a jihadist what tailgating is to a Steeler's fan.
I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims. When, though, do they become outraged? When do they take to the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and ridicule? Islamic writer Salman Rushdie wrote of these silent Muslims in a New York Times article three years ago. "As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?"
Indeed. Why not?

WHAT does ANY of this have to do with CARTOONS?! :roll: Hellooooooo!
Get with the Islamic Extremist Program, PUH-LEASE! :doh

:shock:

easyt65 said:
WHAT does ANY of this have to do with CARTOONS?! :roll: Hellooooooo!
Get with the Islamic Extremist Program, PUH-LEASE! :doh

:shock:

You're just jealous he can speak about reality without desperately lunging for the first "politically correct" cushion you see. I guess for some people there is nothing these people can do that will make them stand up and say "no more."

There are two options..

1) As a member of the free world, choose to restrict your freedoms when ever a Muslim might get upset and throw a temper tantrum.

2) As a member of the free world, choose to celebrate your freedoms and tell a Muslim to grow up and act civilized.

There are plenty of things I do not like. I do not like seeing cartoons of "soldiers" with their limbs hacked off. I don't like seeing images of Jesus in a parady (Makes me uncomfortable). Should I take to the streets, kidnap, murder, burn, and destroy and demand the deaths of countries and people?

This is what you are not getting.....to these people, their behavior is perfectly acceptable in the defense of their "God." These are not the sort of people that we should allow to define our freedoms.

aquapub said:
Here's some nauseating hypocrisy on Islam's degenerate temper tantrum from the New York Times:

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2006/cyb20060209.asp#3

Did you ever think those cowards were going to put their own lives in jeopardy, LOL?:rofl

No, they go after the soft targets, the middle class, average Joe, and they know he will not, or can not fight back, cowards to the end!:roll:

robin said:
Muslim cartoon outrage.

Just some lowlights:
No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

No Muslim outrage.

Muslims are outraged.

no Muslim outrage

I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims. When, though, do they become outraged? When do they take to the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and ridicule?
Islamic writer Salman Rushdie wrote of these silent Muslims in a New York Times article three years ago. "As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?"
Indeed. Why not?

Osama Bin Laden and thousands of Mullahs have been able to convince countless Muslims that his vision is the purest and proudest Islamic form. Thousands and thousands of Muslims are rioting and committing violence over a cartoon. The overwhelmingly vast and majority of moderate Muslims are silent (This is always the case). This should be a huge warning flag to the west about the spiritual crisis in the Islamic world. Logic of the sort cherished on campuses and in government bureaucracies does not apply. This battle is being fought within the realms of the emotions and the soul, not of intellect. We face a situation so perverse that it is as if tens of millions of frustrated Christians decided that Kali, the Hindu Goddess of death and destruction, embodied the true teachings of Jesus Christ. We are witnessing the horrific mutation of a great world religion, and the Islamic world likely will prove the greatest breeding ground of "apocalyptic" terrorists in history. This thing is a lot bigger than just a handful of terrorists.

This is a civilization.

Fakhri said:
Being a faithful Moslem, I cannot but feel towering contempt to those unscrupulous people who find it amusing to draw ungodly cartoons depicting Mohammed. They call it press freedom? I call it disrespect of religious feelings that look rather like scorn. I'm no extremist or bigot but in this situation I fully approve the cartoon riots of my brothers-on-faith for this is an insult that must be retaliated! Moslems are no barbarians and we can fight for our religion and Allah! From this moment on I start to uphold Islamic extremist organizations! Find the offenders and make them pay! Allah Аhbar!

You are a hypocrite! Just like all Mohammedens, opps sorry (Muslims, after the last few weeks I've forgotton that you guys actually worship Allah, I just thought you guys commit iconography by worshiping are revering the prophet)......

Fakhri everyday, for decades Arab and Muslim newspapers have published anti-semitic, anti-christian, anti-hindu, and anti-west cartoons, many in bad taste. Yet where was your outrage at the insults to what we in the west hold dear?

Your silence says it all. This issue has highlighted the hypocrisy of some Muslims, like yourself. You demand repsect and tolerance for your religion, yet insult anything that is non-muslim. Day in and day out.

You talk about having debate, but you have only made one post, because Muslims like you afraid of debate. You expect us infidels to just accpet your statement. Or maybe your afraid of what we might reply to, might challenge your narrow minded view of the world.

Fakhri, I truely hope that an Islamist Party wins your next local election, or national election. As they clamp down on your civil rights, because that is what Sharia law demands, (even though the Koran mentions nothing of Sharia Law, which means that it is man made), I hope that you pause and reflect on just how wonderful life is based on the caphalit.

Lastly I used to doubt the thinking of the likes of Gunny Sgt, and other neo-cons about the whole Iraq war. I used to think that by invading Iraq terrorism would become worse.

But I have woken up. There are extremists out there in the world of Islam, are willing to kill us, over a F%*king cartoon. It put this in perspective for me, these people can not be rationed with. And if they won't sort out the stench, we will.

If the Muslim extremists ever get their way, atheists like myself would be the first persons, sent of to the gulags, then the Jews, the Christians, and the secular Muslims.

I value the beliefs and values, that have created the Western world, I am not going to reduce my freedoms, and liberties that I hold dear, to appease a horde of barbarians.

End of rant!

Australianlibertarian said:
You are a hypocrite! Just like all Mohammedens, opps sorry (Muslims, after the last few weeks I've forgotton that you guys actually worship Allah, I just thought you guys commit iconography by worshiping are revering the prophet)......

Fakhri everyday, for decades Arab and Muslim newspapers have published anti-semitic, anti-christian, anti-hindu, and anti-west cartoons, many in bad taste. Yet where was your outrage at the insults to what we in the west hold dear?

Your silence says it all. This issue has highlighted the hypocrisy of some Muslims, like yourself. You demand repsect and tolerance for your religion, yet insult anything that is non-muslim. Day in and day out.

You talk about having debate, but you have only made one post, because Muslims like you afraid of debate. You expect us infidels to just accpet your statement. Or maybe your afraid of what we might reply to, might challenge your narrow minded view of the world.

Fakhri, I truely hope that an Islamist Party wins your next local election, or national election. As they clamp down on your civil rights, because that is what Sharia law demands, (even though the Koran mentions nothing of Sharia Law, which means that it is man made), I hope that you pause and reflect on just how wonderful life is based on the caphalit.

Lastly I used to doubt the thinking of the likes of Gunny Sgt, and other neo-cons about the whole Iraq war. I used to think that by invading Iraq terrorism would become worse.

But I have woken up. There are extremists out there in the world of Islam, are willing to kill us, over a F%*king cartoon. It put this in perspective for me, these people can not be rationed with. And if they won't sort out the stench, we will.

If the Muslim extremists ever get their way, atheists like myself would be the first persons, sent of to the gulags, then the Jews, the Christians, and the secular Muslims.

I value the beliefs and values, that have created the Western world, I am not going to reduce my freedoms, and liberties that I hold dear, to appease a horde of barbarians.

End of rant!

Gee....being able to look at America's flaws and the reality of what our government has turned into since the Spanish-American War, I would have not thought of myself as a "Neo-con."

But, I appreciate the "shot out." It's all in the study.

Fakhri said:

Hey Fakri, guess what I'm considering? Know me? If not go catch up. Let me ask you this. If I put my talents to work what will be your responce? Will you come knock on my door and ask me to step outside for a fair fight? I'll so I'll fuc*king be there. Or will you blow my unsuspecting children up as they leave school with their friends? Personally, I think your sort are the biggest bunch of ******s to ever walk the earth. Get used to me. I haven't had a new TT idea in a couple of days. Strange that. Maybe Jesus was just preparing me for you.

Have you ever heard the saying, "Fuc*k em if they can't take a joke"?

Is there a trend here? AussieLibertarian is not the only poster to change tunes (or at least modify somewhat their positions) on observing the reaction in the Muslim world to the cartoon caper. Others previously critical of our involvment in the ME in any way, shape, form or fashion but particularly in Iraq, have now been shown the true nature of radical Muslim fascism.

This is a war, and it is not just Iraq. Get out a world map and look at how many countries are predominately Muslim or have a high percentage of Muslim population. Look at how many of those are relatively poor and might be considered 'failing' or failed states. Look at how many of those have necessitated some US military presence.

Maybe in a perverse way, this cartoon thing has been helpful, in that it has shown more of the world and in particular the nay-sayers the true nature of this conflict.

kal-el said:
Dude, I agree that even though mostly nice people, they are primitive, war-like,and for the most part barbarians. The bible god instructs his followers to kill those of other faith, as the koran, but only Muslims try and carry-out this mystical delusion. I'm saying both Christianity and the Muslim faith call for extermination of non-believers, but it's only the uncivilized that carry this delphic threat out.

The Christian Bible in no way calls for the extermination of those who believe in another faith. The Christian Bible says that the "gods" of other faith's are not gods, but are false prophets. dude, get your facts straight.

GySgt said:
Jesus did say these things, but so did Mohammed. It is true that there is no "New Testament" in the Qu'ran. Islam’s inherent divisiveness lends itself to radical interpretation of Qur’an and Hadiths; these texts support a potential for violence not found in other major religions. Among the sects, there are major disagreements on a host of issues:

Succession of Muhammad: Shia / Sunni
Sha’ria (Islamic Law)
Role of women
Religious tolerance
Jihad (Greater / Lesser)
Secular vice Islamic Government

The Middle East (and much of the Muslim world) is a mess because of the way bitter old men interpret and deform the Qur'an's more humane precepts while embracing its cruelest injunctions.

Every Religion has allowed for their religion to change to suit the needs for the society to progress. Every great religion has had to accept that their core beliefs might be wrong and is in need of a change. Instead of facing forward, they are stagnate.

For all of their Muslim rantings, the terrorists of Al-Qaeda and its affiliates have returned to pre-Islamic practices, to behaviors that Moses, Christ and Mohammed uniformly rejected: They practice human sacrifice - and they are doing everything possible to covince the Muslim world that they are pure.

What we are seeing in the world today is not pure Islam.

Well said, Sarge. I truly mean it.

Fakhri, sort of like Faker? This cannot be real. If real, surely a Muslim can properly use Muslim, instead of "Moslem"? The word exists, but is it the appropriate word to use?

I suggest that rather than risk insulting any aspect of Islam, we isolate the Muslim countries from the rest of the world. No planes in or out, no ships, no oil, no TV programs. We can just put our Navy near enough to Israel to assist them if they need it.
We can even say that it is for their own protection, lest some sort of American or western evil pollute their puritannical minds.

Let the ignorant savages fester in the cesspool of their own making. Eventually, a few of them with testicles will stand up and say enough, and shoot their clerics and political leaders who are bringing them all the misery.

oldreliable67 said:
Is there a trend here? AussieLibertarian is not the only poster to change tunes (or at least modify somewhat their positions) on observing the reaction in the Muslim world to the cartoon caper. Others previously critical of our involvment in the ME in any way, shape, form or fashion but particularly in Iraq, have now been shown the true nature of radical Muslim fascism.

This is a war, and it is not just Iraq. Get out a world map and look at how many countries are predominately Muslim or have a high percentage of Muslim population. Look at how many of those are relatively poor and might be considered 'failing' or failed states. Look at how many of those have necessitated some US military presence.

Maybe in a perverse way, this cartoon thing has been helpful, in that it has shown more of the world and in particular the nay-sayers the true nature of this conflict.

I was just speaking about this a few days ago in front of an audience. I don't see how people can still deny this reality after this. This is exactly what is meant by, "We face a civilization."

The hard-core terrorists spawned by the breakdown of the Middle East quote the Koran. They wear Muslim garments. They perform the daily rituals prescribed by the faith into which they were born. But all of us, in the West and the Middle East, have mistaken the identity of these butchers. They are not simply “rogues” of Islam. This is a civilization.

Religious intolerance always returns in times of doubt and disorder. This struggle between Islamic religious forms and between prescriptive and repressive doctrine of faiths, is one of the two great strategic issues of our time—along with the redefinition of the socio-economic roles of women, their transition from being the property of men to being equal partners with men (which is the most profound social development in human history).

We live in an age of change so profound that entire cultures cannot cope with the stress. In the Middle East, we see more than the routine "clash of civilizations." Instead, we are eyewitnesses to an event without precedent: the crash of the once-great, still-proud civilization of Middle Eastern Islam. There is a crisis underway in which the freedoms of the western world is seen as a threat to what they hold dear. Anything short of redefining our freeedoms is unacceptable to them.

Fakri.

It's just a friggin cartoon man.

How about this?

When a bunch of innocents, be they workers in the towers, or little Jewish children blown up by some fool with a bomb, do you still cry, retaliation?

Guess what? Retaliation has been done, is still being done, and will continue to be done. Do you think you are really gonna win this one?

Get used to it.

There is a new sheriff in town. Goes by the nickname of W.

GySgt said:
I was just speaking about this a few days ago in front of an audience.
And they have since dug their own eyes out of their skulls at the sight of you. Can't the Marines do better? But I digress.

along with the redefinition of the socio-economic roles of women, their transition from being the property of men to being equal partners with men (which is the most profound social development in human history).

You know bro, I just say, "Free the Women".

Little long winded, but still, nice job.

Back
Top Bottom