• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cartoons - offence must be retaliated

kal-el said:
That would be quite amusing if our press printed these satires nationally, but it would fuel Islamic hatred towards the US, as if we don't have our fare share of it now.

Lt me get this straight.It is okay for reporters to blab national secrets to the world,to air arugab photos of prisoners in naked human pyramids and everything else under the sun that would destroy any progress our troops made,but they should have known better to not draw a picture of Mohammed with a bomb for a turban?

kal-el said:
I'm saying both Christianity and the Muslim faith call for extermination of non-believers, but it's only the uncivilized that carry this delphic threat out.

Where does it say in the new testament to kill non-beleavers?DIdn't Jesus say to love your nieghbors love your eneimies?,

jamesrage said:
Where does it say in the new testament to kill non-beleavers?DIdn't Jesus say to love your nieghbors love your eneimies?,

It doesn't say that in the NT, I don't believe I made that assertion.And yes, Jesus did say love your enemies. But the OT says whoever worships other gods must die:

Deuteronomy 17:3-5
and contrary to my command has worshipped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must instigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detesable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death.

Lt me get this straight.It is okay for reporters to blab national secrets to the world,to air arugab photos of prisoners in naked human pyramids and everything else under the sun that would destroy any progress our troops made,but they should have known better to not draw a picture of Mohammed with a bomb for a turban?

I think you're misunderstanding me. I said it would be amusing, but it would fuel Islamic hatred, I did not condone printing the pictures.

kal-el said:
That would be quite amusing if our press printed these satires nationally, but it would fuel Islamic hatred towards the US, as if we don't have our fare share of it now.

Agreed.

Again you can't determine what your going to print or report by the possible feelings it will induce. This is a legitamite news story and from what I have seen the US press has ******d out of printing it

Mickyjaystoned said:
Some interesting links:

http://propagandamatrix.com/articles/february2006/070206muslimriots.htm

Christopher Bollyn – American Free Press

The following comments are taken from an email sent to Prof. Mikael Rothstein of the University of Copenhagen and Flemming Rose, the editor of Jyllands Posten who commissioned the anti-Muslim cartoons. In this letter I strongly urge that Denmark, and those responsible like Rose, immediately issue a formal and complete apology to the Muslims of the world.

Thank you for your note. I am an American journalist who has lived in the Middle East for years and have a degree in History with emphasis on the Middle East. Having lived among Muslims, I have a good understanding of their religious values. This is why I responded so quickly when I became aware of these cartoons that Flemming Rose had commissioned and then published.

About, Flemming Rose, allow me to clarify my line of questioning a bit. My question of Flemming Rose's religious persuasion is not the point. The real issue is where does his loyalty lie?

The anti-Muslim cartoon scandal is clearly turning out to be a key event in the Zionist Neo-Cons' "clash of civilizations," the artificially constructed struggle to pit the so-called Christian West against the Islamic states and peoples.

We know that Flemming Rose is a colleague and fellow of the Zionist Neo-Con Daniel Pipes. He has visited Pipes in Philadelphia and written a friendly biographical article which is featured on Daniel Pipes Danish website.

As you know, Pipes is a radical Zionist of the most extreme sort - a hard-line Jabotinsky sort of Zionist. You know, the Iron Fist-Iron Brain, kind of Zionist - the kind that considers Ariel Sharon to be soft on the Palestinians.

We know that there are radical Zionists among Danish Christians as there are millions of Christian Zionists in the USA. The real question is what does Flemming Rose believe?

Is he a Christian Zionist who is leading a kind of Danish crusade against Islam?

Is he an atheist who does not care about or respect the beliefs of Muslims?

...or, is he a closet Jew who denies his Jewish roots and waves his Danish citizenship while waging a poorly-disguised Zionist campaign against Muslims and Arabs?

Because of Rose's close connection with Daniel Pipes, his position as "cultural editor" and his physical appearance, I suspect the latter is the case. I think Rose is a Zionist agent who has created this scandal for a strategic purpose.

Rose should be arrested and interrogated for his actions in creating hatred and hostility against people of another religious group. Why is his crime against an entire people not considered a crime in Denmark?

If holocaust skeptics are arrested and held in jail for raising questions about the holocaust, why is Rose allowed to wage media terror and offend millions of Muslims with impunity?

I think this scandal has actually been created and is being manipulated by a hidden hand in order to foment racial and religious hatred in Denmark and across Europe and the Middle East. Why else would the Danish government not do the sensible thing and issue a formal apology?

You do realize that the crisis will continue and deepen until the Queen or the Prime Minister issue a formal and heartfelt apology, don't you? This could become a religious and civil war between Europeans and Muslims. Europe has had a few such wars in the past.

How much does Denmark want to lose before it does the only proper and sensible thing and issue an apology? Do they want Denmark and Europe to suffer more?

Muslims imams are now calling for the heads of Flemming Rose and those responsible for the cartoons. He should immediately issue a sincere and public apology to the Muslim people. If he does not do so, I fear his life will be in danger.

Furthermore, if he continues to refuse to apologize, it only proves that his effort, which has lead to such hostility, was intentional all the way. If that is the case, he should be arrested and put in prison because he has been directly responsible for the insult he has caused millions of Muslims and the consequent damage he has caused to Denmark and the Danish people.

The damage to Denmark's image, prestige and economy is likely to be severe and long-lasting. Danish lives are clearly in danger.

As a religious scholar of high standing, Mr. Rothstein, you and other concerned citizens should urge the Queen of Denmark and Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen to issue an apology as soon as possible. Otherwise the crisis will only get worse and the relationship between Denmark and the Islamic world will never be repaired. Who could possibly want such an outcome?

Muslims have a strict code of honor and Denmark has committed a grave insult and affront against Islam - therefore, there is only one way out and that is to issue a sincere apology and ask for forgiveness - and then pray and work for peace.

Christopher Bollyn

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=4132

\No way in Hell " LONG LIVE DENMARK "
It was Muslim Imams who distributed the worst of the cartoons,ones that had never been printed. The world should demand an apology from Syria and Iran for the damage done to foreign embassies.
Strict code of coduct ? Islam ? A religion that aproves sending children to murder other children. A religion that congratulates a women for talking three of her children into becoming Muderers with bombs. Don't make me laugh.
Again LONG LIVE DENMARK

Fakhri said:
Being a faithful Moslem, I cannot but feel towering contempt to those unscrupulous people who find it amusing to draw ungodly cartoons depicting Mohammed.

Well I have nothing but contempt for you and extremists like you.
They call it press freedom? I call it disrespect of religious feelings that look rather like scorn. I'm no extremist or bigot

Bullshit, that's exactly what you are.
but in this situation I fully approve the cartoon riots of my brothers-on-faith for this is an insult that must be retaliated!

Bring it.
Moslems are no barbarians and we can fight for our religion and Allah!
Muslims aren't Barbarians but obviously you are, only a savage would call for violence over a cartoon.
From this moment on I start to uphold Islamic extremist organizations! Find the offenders and make them pay! Allah Аhbar!

Well bring that sh!t on skippy we'll make sure to tip our bullets in pigs blood for ya.

Last edited:
kal-el said:
It doesn't say that in the NT, I don't believe I made that assertion.And yes, Jesus did say love your enemies. But the OT says whoever worships other gods must die:

Only if they are in Israel, meaning that if they are Hebrews. It doesn't apply to anyone else.

Mickyjaystoned said:
911.jpg

Ah reminds you that not everything in the world is ****ed up, at least the CIA can still make a good fireworks display!

What do you think is going to happen with a full load of aviation fuel explodes? But then I guess we all just imagined those planes flying into the buildings.

ludahai said:
Only if they are in Israel, meaning that if they are Hebrews. It doesn't apply to anyone else.

If that's the case, people cannot use the bible to apply to anything then, it's utterly irrelevant. That's basically what you are saying, right?

kal-el said:
If that's the case, people cannot use the bible to apply to anything then, it's utterly irrelevant. That's basically what you are saying, right?

Wrong. If you go back to the passage that was cited, right before the highlighted text, it specifically says "in Israel."

ludahai said:
Wrong. If you go back to the passage that was cited, right before the highlighted text, it specifically says "in Israel."

Ok, let me get this straight, it's ok for everyone else to worship other gods except the Hebrews? So it's ok for the Hebrew people to stone female prostitutes, take virgins and rape them, cut of women's hands if they damage a male's testicles? And only Hebrews are allowed to beat there children? And when Jesus said that you must abandon your family to follow him, I guess he was only talking about Hebrews?

ludahai said:
And this is exactly the attitude that will result in a war between Islam and the West. Unless you want to preside over a land of glass, I suggest you and your Islamic hordes try to advance to the 21st century.
Rarely I agree with you. on this one though, I deffinetely agree.

A cartoon, seriously, so what? Also all that are reacting so fanatically are exactly those whom are fanatics. Seriously, muslims need to get thier heads out of thier asses if they can't have a sense of humor to stomach something like this.
If you find something distasteful such as what the AFA does nearly all the time, then boycot it or something else that is, oh an amazing concept "PEACEFUL!".

However on the otherhand though, it is also undeniable that islamist radicalism is being greatly fueled these last years by the seemingly "crusade" against islamic states and anything muslim. Such cartoons in Europe really don't help the matter at all. However fact stands, free speech. You don't like it, don't bother with it.

Last edited:
Fakhri said:
Being a faithful Moslem, I cannot but feel towering contempt to those unscrupulous people who find it amusing to draw ungodly cartoons depicting Mohammed. They call it press freedom? I call it disrespect of religious feelings that look rather like scorn. I'm no extremist or bigot but in this situation I fully approve the cartoon riots of my brothers-on-faith for this is an insult that must be retaliated! Moslems are no barbarians and we can fight for our religion and Allah! From this moment on I start to uphold Islamic extremist organizations! Find the offenders and make them pay! Allah Аhbar!

Hmmm...I don't believe you are actually Muslim. I think that for whatever reason you are posing as a Muslim to make them look bad or something. The post tries too hard to convince everyone that you are muslim, you know like when people lie they try to needlessly back up what they are saying. I find it hard that you go from peaceful 'Muslim' to terrorist supporter over a cartoon.

HTColeman said:
Hmmm...I don't believe you are actually Muslim. I think that for whatever reason you are posing as a Muslim to make them look bad or something. The post tries too hard to convince everyone that you are muslim, you know like when people lie they try to needlessly back up what they are saying. I find it hard that you go from peaceful 'Muslim' to terrorist supporter over a cartoon.

There has been a whole slew of "Muslims" jumping on the site lately.

kal-el said:
Ok, let me get this straight, it's ok for everyone else to worship other gods except the Hebrews? So it's ok for the Hebrew people to stone female prostitutes, take virgins and rape them, cut of women's hands if they damage a male's testicles? And only Hebrews are allowed to beat there children? And when Jesus said that you must abandon your family to follow him, I guess he was only talking about Hebrews?

Some people have problems with reading comprehension.

Here is the passage that was cited earlier:

Deuteronomy 17:3-5
and contrary to my command has worshipped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must instigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detesable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death.

Meaning, it is has been done in Israel and ONLY IN ISRAEL!

It is also important to include verse 2 as well:

"If there is found among you, in any one of the communities which the Lord your God, gives you, a man or woman who does evil in the sight of the Lord, and transgresses his covenant..."

From the "New American Bible": Imprimatur granted by Patrick Cardinal O'Boyle, Arshbishop of Washington

THis only applies TO Hebrews IN Hebrew communities BY Hebrews! No one else is subject to this verse.

jamesrage said:

Jesus did say these things, but so did Mohammed. It is true that there is no "New Testament" in the Qu'ran. Islam’s inherent divisiveness lends itself to radical interpretation of Qur’an and Hadiths; these texts support a potential for violence not found in other major religions. Among the sects, there are major disagreements on a host of issues:

Succession of Muhammad: Shia / Sunni
Sha’ria (Islamic Law)
Role of women
Religious tolerance
Jihad (Greater / Lesser)
Secular vice Islamic Government

The Middle East (and much of the Muslim world) is a mess because of the way bitter old men interpret and deform the Qur'an's more humane precepts while embracing its cruelest injunctions.

Every Religion has allowed for their religion to change to suit the needs for the society to progress. Every great religion has had to accept that their core beliefs might be wrong and is in need of a change. Instead of facing forward, they are stagnate.

For all of their Muslim rantings, the terrorists of Al-Qaeda and its affiliates have returned to pre-Islamic practices, to behaviors that Moses, Christ and Mohammed uniformly rejected: They practice human sacrifice - and they are doing everything possible to covince the Muslim world that they are pure.

What we are seeing in the world today is not pure Islam.

Fakhri said:
Being a faithful Moslem, I cannot but feel towering contempt to those unscrupulous people who find it amusing to draw ungodly cartoons depicting Mohammed. They call it press freedom? I call it disrespect of religious feelings that look rather like scorn. I'm no extremist or bigot but in this situation I fully approve the cartoon riots of my brothers-on-faith for this is an insult that must be retaliated! Moslems are no barbarians and we can fight for our religion and Allah! From this moment on I start to uphold Islamic extremist organizations! Find the offenders and make them pay! Allah Аhbar!

Wasn't it Muslims in Afghanistan who blew up sacred, ancient Buddhist cliffside sculptures just because they weren't Islamic?

Isn't it Muslims who, on a daily basis, use political cartoons to portray Jews as cannibals eating their own children and similar other monstrosities?

Spare us this hypocritical line of crap.

Muslims cannot handle getting one incredibly small taste of their own medicine.

There is no greater testament to the fact that the savage, psychotic Islamic world is in dier need of sane, moderate human beings in their world (which will only happen through freedom and democracy) than the fact that people are being murdered across the globe over a cartoon.

You think Christians and Jews don't get ten times worse disrespect than this every day in schools, the news media, and in the entertainment industry? What Muslims are having to "tolerate" from one newspaper is NOTHING. Muslims seriously need to grow some testicles and expect more self-control than this out of their own people.

kal-el said:

You are falling right back into the same old trap you always fall into. You're allowing your personal problems interfere with intellect.

When you parade around how "evil" the old testament is as some sort of exoneration to what the Qur'an is, you fail to acknowledge one point - The danger is not what is printed, it is the actions of the people that adhere to it.

Until Christians start forming terror groups and start touring the world to "stone females," "rape virgins," and "cut of women's hands," I would stand at ease. You should concern yourself more with the civilization that is embracing their barbaric traditions of anchient script and superstitions.

Unless of course concerning yourself with Radical Islam is not as exciting as enjoying what may have occurred thousands of years ago.

ludahai said:
Some people have problems with reading comprehension.

Here is the passage that was cited earlier:

Meaning, it is has been done in Israel and ONLY IN ISRAEL!

It is also important to include verse 2 as well:

From the "New American Bible": Imprimatur granted by Patrick Cardinal O'Boyle, Arshbishop of Washington

THis only applies TO Hebrews IN Hebrew communities BY Hebrews! No one else is subject to this verse.

Since you want to be so anal-retentive about this, I found a few more:

Exodus 22:20
Whoever sacrifices to any god, other than the Lord, must be destroyed.

Here's one from the NT:

Jude 1:5
Though you already know all of this, I want to remind you that the lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

Back to the OT:

Ezekeil 6:4-5
Your alters will be demolished and your incense altars will be smashed; and I will slay all your people in front of your idols.

If you do not listen to god, he will send curses on you:

Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honor my name, says the lord almighty, I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings.

But I guess he was only referring to the Hebrews:lol:

GySgt said:
When you parade around how "evil" the old testament is as some sort of exoneration to what the Qur'an is, you fail to acknowledge one point - The danger is not what is printed, it is the actions of the people that adhere to it.

Until Christians start forming terror groups and start touring the world to "stone females," "rape virgins," and "cut of women's hands," I would stand at ease. You should concern yourself more with the civilization that is embracing their barbaric traditions of anchient script and superstitions.

I couldn't have said that any better myself. Yes, the danger is the people that adhere to it's barbaric message, and that is the real danger- people that believe this primitive stuff multiply, and indoctrinate their offspring to blindly believe the very same legends that they have.

Off-Topic, I know, but I'm easily amused tonight...:rofl

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Muslims aren't Barbarians but obviously you are, only a savage would call for violence over a cartoon.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Yes the press is free and should remain so, but I'm free too, and I'm free to say that the guy who made this cartoon is a ****ing piece of sh!t who should have his balls placed on a concrete block and then slammed with a sledge hammer

HTColeman said:
I think he's a faker. One of those neo-cons posin ti try and provoke a response

kal-el said:
Since you want to be so anal-retentive about this, I found a few more:

I am not being anal-retentive. I simply pointed out that you took the scripture COMPLETELY out of context!

Exodus 22:20
Whoever sacrifices to any god, other than the Lord, must be destroyed.

Are you making up scriptures now? Exodus 22:20 states:

"You shall not molest or oppress an alien, for you were once aliens in the land of Egypt." The TRUE rendering of that passage is actually very TOLERANT!

Jude 1:5
Though you already know all of this, I want to remind you that the lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

This is definately a reference to the Hebrews " the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt." Who ELSE was this a reference to. It refers to Numbers 14:35 which is a clear outlining of the law that the HEBREWS are required to follow, no one else.

Ezekeil 6:4-5
Your alters will be demolished and your incense altars will be smashed; and I will slay all your people in front of your idols.

If you include the entire passage, it is clear that this is delivered to Israel.

"Thus the word of the Lord came to me: Son of man, turn toward the mountains of Israel, and prophesy against them: Mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God." Ezekiel 6:1-3a

Take one line out of context. Include the context, and you know what it really means. You can't bamboozle me this easily!

Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honor my name, says the lord almighty, I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings.

Malachi 2:1 " And not, O priests, this commandment is for you: If you don not listen.

That one wasn't even for all of the Hebrews, only the priests.

But I guess he was only referring to the Hebrews

Yes, they all were (or were even more restricted in their audience.)

I love it when anti-Christians take the Word of God out of context! Don't worry, I won't riot in reponse to your blasphemy!

My God... could (most of) you neo-cons be any more gullible?

BRB, I'm going to go beat my head against the desk.

yeah I find it hard to believe that this guy can be so ticked off over a cartoon and yet only post once........

Back
Top Bottom