• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada National Dental Care Program

There is for seniors.

I suspect you mean for ALL age groups. Not sure that will ever happen, like eye care, these programs are meant for the disadvantaged and seniors.

I like the fact they started with the age group that is most at risk. Kidney failure, macular degeneration, heart disease, osteoporosis, sensorineural hearing loss, and diabetes are some of the many health problems that mostly affect older people. If Canada's health care budget could only cover one age group, it would definitely have to be seniors.

Of course, I agree with ASHES that expanding national health care to include younger adults and children is very important. There is no reason the human right to have good health insurance should be limited to certain people.

Last edited:
I like the fact they started with the age group that is most at risk. Kidney failure, macular degeneration, heart disease, osteoporosis, sensorineural hearing loss, and diabetes are some of the many health problems that mostly affect old people. If Canada's health care budget could only cover one age group, it would definitely have to be seniors.

Of course, I agree with ASHES that expanding national health care to include younger adults and children is very important. There is no reason the human right to have good health insurance should be limited to certain people.
Health coverage in Canada covers everyone for all of the conditions you listed above, including hearing loss. Or did I misunderstand your post?

Health coverage in Canada covers everyone for all of the conditions you listed above, including hearing loss. Or did I misunderstand your post?

Wonderful. Now if only America was willing to do the same thing.

I would love socialized medicine , but you know who is making that impossible in the United States.

We're pretty good at risk assessment.

Chances of the Afghan Navy overrunning our country: 0%
Chances we'll need healthcare during our lifetimes: 100%

So where should we spend our tax dollars? I'm stumped.

Spend money to kill foreigners, or spend money to save citizens lives.

Why kill the dirty foreigners, how else can we feel superior?

We'd rather have healthcare than a large military. You should give it a try.
That's easy to say when you are being protected at another countries expense. Canada lives in the pocket of the US.

That's easy to say when you are being protected at another countries expense. Canada lives in the pocket of the US.
We don't need protection; we're not getting it.

@trouble13

With all due respect, Allan - our healthcare system is crumbling as we speak. It's not something to brag about.

I don't know why Trudeau would put money in dental care before fixing our healthcare system.
Just like NDP's grandstanding tone-deaf priorities - Trudeau's are also tone-deaf!

We're talking about emergency rooms shutting down in some places.
Cancer patients aren't getting the care and surgeries they desperately need!
People are dying in hallways, waiting to be seen by a doctor!

The system is in CRISIS!

@trouble13

I wouldn't say we don't need a large military.
What country doesn't?

Look what Germany's trying to fix! They saw their mistake!
They're now boosting their military!

We don't wait until we get hit - or, be facing a serious threat - before we shore up our defences!
Prevention, is the key - remember?

Let's speculate. What do you think will happen if we get suddenly attacked by a foreign power?
Can we defend ourselves.................................... without the help of our neighbor?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on that.

Last edited:
Without the US, Canada's official language would be Russian

..................................or, Chinese.

Mind you - we could even be an Islamic State.

If you Canadians can afford it......why not?

Right now? If we go through all the spending plans by the Liberals and the NDP?
We can't.

Unless we want our great-great-great-great-great grandkids in debt to their eyeballs!
Or, we'd be just another Venezuela by then.

Right now? If we go through all the spending plans by the Liberals and the NDP?
We can't.

Unless we want our great-great-great-great-great grandkids in debt to their eyeballs!

Can always tax more for gas and alcohol?

Why shouldn't we?
I just explained to you!

Just because you ignore the explanation doesn't mean the logic isn't there!
It just shows you can't refute it. :)

Back
Top Bottom