• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Texas Secede from the U.S.?

Some people don't bother. The problem, of course, is the government needs money so they do something about it.

Since you believe the government can go into endless debt without consequence if the government needs money just print it, what is the point of taxes?

Since you believe the government can go into endless debt without consequence if the government needs money just print it, what is the point of taxes?

Because inflation is bad.

yes texas will secede with 30 other conservative states

Euro Union nation has LOST TRILLIONS with MERKELS Horrendous error.. will she be thrown in jail?

each and every day since the vote.. Uk stock has beat france and germany each day with germany the worst each day

canada will benefit greatly from this as well as america with trading strong with UK.. same with austrailia

for the WEEK after the vote.... UK GAINED 2.6%....all the rest had a minus... France 5.1%.. Germany 5.6%..Spain 8.1%..Italy 9.8%.. Ireland 11.7%...Greece 12.3%... and each of the nordic states in the euro union lost and these will vote to secede from the union and the reason why they lost less..

WHAT a MONSTROUS ERROR by MERKEL...!!!

and how the very young voted shows this issue was a wisdom test for voters.. 75% of 18-25 voted to remain in union which means the others more experienced and wiser voted in a landslide to exit

and the stock markets proves who are the wiinners and losers and also shows if you let unwise people vote a nation WILL BE THE LOSER.. so soon there will be a world wide wisdom test for voters and no more liberalism..

THIS also will bring te conservative states to separate from the liberals states.... WELCOME TO THE CONSERVATIVE STATES OF AMERICA

sure it does... or it could rather. it means that the study is comparing apples to oranges , and that's just the first thing I thought of that could be wrong with it off the top of my head.

the real question is, does it matter to you whether the study is possibly wrong, or is it just good enough that it exists so that it can be touted about?

I only ever mention it when some ill informed poster whines about how the red states - generally the south - are supporting the liberal states. It's absolute bs, of course. Stop posting this crap and I'll stop bringing up inconvenient data that shows just what a steaming pile those statements are.

As long as the US embassy is the entire city of Austin.

I only ever mention it when some ill informed poster whines about how the red states - generally the south - are supporting the liberal states. It's absolute bs, of course. Stop posting this crap and I'll stop bringing up inconvenient data that shows just what a steaming pile those statements are.

True, at this point no one is supporting anyone were all just going deeper in debt. In fact its so bad for most of the years if not all of them the Obama administration hasn't even bothered to submit a budget, they just periodically vote to raise the debt ceiling. Ironically even after Obama said in 2006 that raising the debt ceiling is a sign of failure of government.

THE real truth is the 40% liberal voters IN THE SOUTH are taking money from other states as well as the 60% conservatives in their own state... THOSE ARE LIBERALS themselves and vote 90% for democrats..

the south will vote to secede and then make a wisdom test for voters and then no more liberalism harm.. they must do this before their unwise liberal voters becomes the majority

It is a tricky question, consent implies authority, and when a group declares themselves
to no longer be under that authority, then the only avenue left to enforce the standing is coercion.
The coercion need not be force, but it is outside the realm of the original authority agreement.

Exactly. This issue seems to really define the division in this country and why the union cant last. Half the country doesnt even believe in natural rights, govt by consent, unalienable rights. Not sure how a country can function like that.

Exactly. This issue seems to really define the division in this country and why the union cant last. Half the country doesnt even believe in natural rights, govt by consent, unalienable rights. Not sure how a country can function like that.
I suspect we will muddle along, mostly because the people who want to "fundamentally change America",
would need to amend the Constitution to do so.
Thankfully the guys who wrote the Constitution, made this fairly difficult.

THE BIG ERROR IN THINKING is that this is like the north and south where men were against men and they had more

this is conserveratives against liberals.... check to see what lowest IQ's are in which group and check which group has the most men... this will show you the WINNER and the ease of seceding or not

I suspect we will muddle along, mostly because the people who want to "fundamentally change America",

Then how do we have so many national functions that arent in it? Education, healthcare, criminalization of drug use?

I don't know about that, with jurisprudence the constitution can be interpreted to mean anything, Gun Control, Patriot Act, ACA are all perfect examples of this.

THE real truth is the 40% liberal voters IN THE SOUTH are taking money from other states as well as the 60% conservatives in their own state... THOSE ARE LIBERALS themselves and vote 90% for democrats..

the south will vote to secede and then make a wisdom test for voters and then no more liberalism harm.. they must do this before their unwise liberal voters becomes the majority

And you know this how? More ridiculous bull**** from somebody who can't comprehend simple data.

We can only hope that the entire city of Austin will move to Seattle.

About the only place in Texas worth anything. Since that's where the University is, it's hardly surprising that rednecks want to get rid of it. Florida can get the hell out too. You people are even crazier than Texans.

And you know this how? More ridiculous bull**** from somebody who can't comprehend simple data.

yes indeed this can be proved... .. welfare ... food stamps and crime expense drains a state... this will be stopped with a wisdom test for voters

About the only place in Texas worth anything. Since that's where the University is, it's hardly surprising that rednecks want to get rid of it. Florida can get the hell out too. You people are even crazier than Texans.

More likely we'll move to texas when they seceed. Florida is full of liberals.

yes indeed this can be proved... .. welfare ... food stamps and crime expense drains a state... this will be stopped with a wisdom test for voters

Then prove it. Otherwise you're just spewing the same tired right wing bull****.

Then prove it. Otherwise you're just spewing the same tired right wing bull****.

that does prove it.. who commits the most crime?? who collects the most welfare.. who ?? real data proves this strongly... this will be stopped with a wisdom test for voters in those states and given jobs

More likely we'll move to texas when they seceed. Florida is full of liberals.

this is the big change coming quickly the conservatives moving away from liberals.. this is the wise leaving and we got proof that this makes the area fall in misery where they moved from

It doesn't matter because 75% of Texans would vote for 'Remain'...

Back
Top Bottom