• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Calls for gun control stir little support [W:265]

the Democratic Party's base doesn't believe ignorant & paranoid fear-mongering.

Yes they do. How many times has someone right after a mass shooting said "we need 'clip' size limits", "we need to ban 'assault' weapons", "we need waiting periods","we need mental health screening to purchase firearms","we need thorough back ground checks to buy firearms", "we need to ban low cost guns","we need to end the gun show loop hole", "we need micro stamping on bullets","we should submit finger prints to buy weapons and bullets", or " we need to some other law to make it harder for someone to buy a gun"? It happens all the time. This never happens when some one uses their firearm to save other people or to stop a criminal.

Last edited:
semi-auto or full-auto...its still an AK-47.

so my point stands.

Please explain how an AK-47 is any more dangerous than any other .30 caliber semi-automatic weapon.

semi-auto or full-auto...its still an AK-47.

so my point stands.

What point? That another means of execution would not have been used (even IF a ban actually made the AK-47 disappear within a decade or two)? Anyone willing to kill multiple people over "a look" is not going to be very concerned about gun laws.

Hopefully within the next four years, stronger gun regulations will be enacted.

why? there is no evidence that will do anything than hassle honest people.

are you like Aesop's fox-since you live under the thumb of an asshole like Bloomturd, you want the rest of us to be equally miserable?

why do you always feel the need to insult people?

I would ilke to see Bloomturd in prison for his illegal actions. those who want to infringe on my freedom are scum and I wish them the worst

background checks at gunshows would have possibly prevented tens of thousands of crimes.

what crime did the NYPD commit?

No they wouldn't

the brady bill was evaluated and the best they could find was that it stopped a few suicides

Bloommturd told people to buy guns across state lines etc He should be someone's wife now

the article says it was a full-auto version?

Yes, the article claims the weapon used was an "assault rifle". An assault rifle has select fire (semi, burst, or auto). You know this, because I've seen you schooled on this in other threads.

did they buy any guns across state lines, using a NY driver's license?

Before you argue with me, why don't you spend some time finding out what actually happened.

Yes, the article claims the weapon used was an "assault rifle". An assault rifle has select fire (semi, burst, or auto). You know this, because I've seen you schooled on this in other threads.

the article is probably wrong about the gun having full-auto ability.

unless they were using a bumbfire-stock.

Before you argue with me, why don't you spend some time finding out what actually happened.

very quickly, did they actually buy any guns across state-lines, using non-Arizona DLs?

trust me, I have a point and you're gonna love it.

Maybe, no mention of a bump-fire stock. Like I said, the press almost always gets the weapon wrong. It could have been an M1 Garand for all we know. My uncle Don taught me how to fire a Garand continuously without slowing down for reloading, even though they have an 8 round clip.

uh that's not full auto capability

did they buy any guns across state lines, using a NY driver's license?

In Ohio they did and they claimed they were out of state

Back
Top Bottom