• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush spanks Helen Thomas during WH press brief

oldreliable67 said:
From your source:

"attack with explosives"??

"use aircraft as weapons"??

Thats pretty specific. Not.
Was there any action taken against these briefings? No.
Even if measures were taken, could 9/11 have been prevented? ehhhhh, I don't know.
As per the Moussauii trial it seems that FAA officials and airport security heads are questioning whether or not even had Moussaui told them of the hijacks that it'd have been difficult to have prevented the attacks.
As pointed it was a failure of both parties of government.
But the question posted to me was, show the source that there was indication of an eminent attack. That's just one of the sources that I use as proof that there was indeed intelligence that the president was fully aware of. Just as he was fully aware that should Katrina hit NO, the levees would likly breech.

hipsterdufus said:
Well said APS.

It always seems like it's more about baiting rather than debating with you KC
Earth to hip. Take off your blinders. Check out the thread devoted to the King of Flame. He makes flaming an art.

Last edited:
easyt65 said:
I would say nice attempt at a comeback, but I would be lying. THAT was LAME! That was almost like saying, "Ok, ya got me - I'm speechless!" :rofl

What-Are-You-Talking-About? Comeback? Speechless?

1. There was no "comeback" in my post, nor was there an attempt to be so.

2. Speechless? By telling you that 50% of the nation is composed of democrats, I admitted to defeat?

Can anybody else out there follow the logic?

jfuh said:
Ooooo you're calling me out :duel
I thought you'd never ask Source
Now the question is how would you respond to this? "More libearl lies and bs :spin:" perhaps?
From your own source...

Rice "stated, however, that the report did not contain specific warning information, but only a generalized warning, and did not contain information that al-Qaida was discussing a particular planned attack against a specific target at any specific time, place, or by any specific method," the footnote said.

This thread is like a room full of people all talking at once.....

But I don't know how anyone can say that Bush's non-response to her question was a spanking. He answered it just like he answers all difficult questions. With a string of loosely connected ideas and opinions. :roll:

When I first read the headlines I thought Bush actually literally spanked some girl called Helen Thomas LOL. Monica Lewinsky Part Deux lol. :lol:

mixedmedia said:
This thread is like a room full of people all talking at once.....

But I don't know how anyone can say that Bush's non-response to her question was a spanking. He answered it just like he answers all difficult questions. With a string of loosely connected ideas and opinions. :roll:

I totally agree, mixedmedia! :clap:
The question was why did we go to war in Iraq, and all that bozo could talk about was September 11th and al Qaeda. Huh? What the hell do those two things have with Iraq? The only thing that appeases me is that the people don't seem to be fooled anymore about his attempting to connect the two. In fact, it eats at his credibility, which is why so many people no longer trust him.

aps said:
Stinger, please enlighten me on that fully-discussed subject and what your answer would be. I'm serious.

3 years of discussion, every SOU addresses, the debate of the authorization, the debate before UN 1441, the Iraqi Liberation Act. Bush's speech's this year once again vetting the reasons.

Heck just go and read Tony Blairs speech this week. (and in the process compare it to what Murtha had to say this week).

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/foreignaffairs/story/0,11538,916789,00.html

If you STILL don't know why we went to war at this point it is through your own inaction.

Stinger said:
If you STILL don't know why we went to war at this point it is through your own inaction.

Or maybe its because aps is one of those who lack pragmatism and see the world only thru the prism of Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS). You know, the "Don't bother me with facts! Its all Bush's fault, whatever it is!" crowd.

This syndrome isn't limited to BDS, though. This is merely the GOP version of the ankle-biters who did the same to Clinton over Whitewater, Monica, etc. In fact, though it has varied in levels of intensity, I can't think of a single President who hasn't had their very own version of BDS.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the major difference here is that Iraq and terrorism are demonstrably more important than Whitewater or Monica.

oldreliable67 said:
Or maybe its because aps is one of those who lack pragmatism and see the world only thru the prism of Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS). You know, the "Don't bother me with facts! Its all Bush's fault, whatever it is!" crowd.

OMG, thank goodness you have helped diagnose my problem, Dr. oldreliable. I am so grateful. Do you want to suggest my treatment too? :lol:

This syndrome isn't limited to BDS, though. This is merely the GOP version of the ankle-biters who did the same to Clinton over Whitewater, Monica, etc. In fact, though it has varied in levels of intensity, I can't think of a single President who hasn't had their very own version of BDS.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the major difference here is that Iraq and terrorism are demonstrably more important than Whitewater or Monica.

Right, and no lives were lost over Whitewater or Monica.

aps said:
Right, and no lives were lost over Whitewater or Monica.
No, not directly any way.. but a lot of lives were ruined.

Gill said:

only because there was political gain to be had by the repugnicons for making such a big deal out of it.

jallman said:
only because there was political gain to be had by the repugnicons for making such a big deal out of it.
Really??
Tell that to the 350-900 people that the Clinton White House illegally pulled FBI files on. Tell that to the long term employees of the White House travel office. Tell that to Kathleen Willey. Tell that to Paula Jones. Tell that to the crime victims of the murderers and thieves that Clinton pardoned. Tell that to the children that were burned to death in Waco. Tell that to Vicki Weaver who was shot to death while holding her baby at Ruby Ridge.

jfuh said:
Was there any action taken against these briefings? No.
Even if measures were taken, could 9/11 have been prevented? ehhhhh, I don't know.
As per the Moussauii trial it seems that FAA officials and airport security heads are questioning whether or not even had Moussaui told them of the hijacks that it'd have been difficult to have prevented the attacks.
As pointed it was a failure of both parties of government.
But the question posted to me was, show the source that there was indication of an eminent attack. That's just one of the sources that I use as proof that there was indeed intelligence that the president was fully aware of. Just as he was fully aware that should Katrina hit NO, the levees would likly breech.

I actually commend you for this post! OK, the President got briefed on threats. I saw a special on CBS talking to a member of the CIA who said the CIA gets thousands of tips a month, and the President gets briefed every morning. Which ones of the thousands do you brief him? The CIA rep even said that he did not take the threat of attacking America with planes seriously at 1st - never been done before and who would do that? (We valued life too much to consider that - sure there are suicide bombers in the Middle east attacking ISRAEL but not here!) The threat of an 'emminent attack' occurs every day as well, so which ones out of all that come in do you single out at go after?

You are right - the 'blame' on this attack can be spread all over the map and goes all the way back to 1990 when Bin Laden began his Anti-US crusade! HE is the enemy, NOT the Democrats and NOT the GOP!

Rgearding Katrina compared to 9/11, though - no one saw 9/11 coming for years and years! EVERYONE has known for years and years that if NO got hit head on by a hurricane, seeing as how they were under sea level and protected by only a few walls, that there would be this kind of disaster! You can spread the blame for this one all over the map as well, starting with the local NO govt who had all that time to prepare for such a disaster!

Gill said:
Really??
Tell that to the 350-900 people that the Clinton White House illegally pulled FBI files on. Tell that to the long term employees of the White House travel office. Tell that to Kathleen Willey. Tell that to Paula Jones. Tell that to the crime victims of the murderers and thieves that Clinton pardoned. Tell that to the children that were burned to death in Waco. Tell that to Vicki Weaver who was shot to death while holding her baby at Ruby Ridge.

tell it to the rest of your Clinton bashing friends. Its been my observation that CDS (Clinton Derangement Syndrome) is just as rampant as your proclaimed BDS.

jallman said:
tell it to the rest of your Clinton bashing friends. Its been my observation that CDS (Clinton Derangement Syndrome) is just as rampant as your proclaimed BDS.
Sorry, I forgot that all dimocrat presidents are perfect and only "repugnicons" are evil.

cnredd said:
From your own source...
Yes that's from my source. Look who said it though. Condoleza Rice, and if you read further down on the source you would have seen that she was shown to be not telling all of the facts when she made that statment. The entire point of that article.

jfuh said:
Yes that's from my source. Look who said it though. Condoleza Rice, and if you read further down on the source you would have seen that she was shown to be not telling all of the facts when she made that statment. The entire point of that article.
It is absurd to consider the points made in the Presidential Briefing to be specific. They were VERY general in nature.

Stinger said:
3 years of discussion, every SOU addresses, the debate of the authorization, the debate before UN 1441, the Iraqi Liberation Act. Bush's speech's this year once again vetting the reasons.

Heck just go and read Tony Blairs speech this week. (and in the process compare it to what Murtha had to say this week).

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/foreignaffairs/story/0,11538,916789,00.html

Everything has thus far has been shown to be false and a lies. Or have you been in your plastic bubble for too long.

oldreliable67 said:

Please, Monica is nothing compared to these events, don't even begin to contrast Monica. The guy got a few blow jobs from the slut, big deal. He lied to keep his family together. This was just republican partisan politics nothing more.

Gill said:
Really??
More conspiracy theories?
Interesting how you can not stay on topic here.

Gill said:
Oh, I see, and how many lives have been ruined, lost as a result of Bush's "Lies"?
9/11, Iraq, Afganista, Katrina, Plame, Abramoff.... the list goes on.

jfuh said:
Oh, I see, and how many lives have been ruined, lost as a result of Bush's "Lies"?
9/11, Iraq, Afganista, Katrina, Plame, Abramoff.... the list goes on.

Who lost their lives from Plame and Abramoff? Conspiracy Theories???

And Katrina was the fault of mother nature. But the GOV'T AS A WHOLE ALSO FAILED and so did the morons who didn't evacuate when they were told to. Where was "School Bus" Nagin with the busses to evacuate the cripples? In his brand new house in TX.

easyt65 said:
I actually commend you for this post! OK, the President got briefed on threats. I saw a special on CBS talking to a member of the CIA who said the CIA gets thousands of tips a month, and the President gets briefed every morning. Which ones of the thousands do you brief him? The CIA rep even said that he did not take the threat of attacking America with planes seriously at 1st - never been done before and who would do that? (We valued life too much to consider that - sure there are suicide bombers in the Middle east attacking ISRAEL but not here!) The threat of an 'emminent attack' occurs every day as well, so which ones out of all that come in do you single out at go after?
Not quite the same. It was difficult to prepare for such an attack, and yes it can be quite troubling on sorting through all the tips. However that is what the CIA's job is.
Fact of the matter is, NO steps were taken even admist warnings from intelligence communites world wide about a september attack.
Now, this I'm not to sure of, but I have good reason to trust it. I recall reading that there was an israeli company in the WTC that completely moved out by the end of August because of having received info from their gov about the emmint attacks in Sept. I can't find a source for this but perhaps someone could help out with that?

easyt65 said:
You are right - the 'blame' on this attack can be spread all over the map and goes all the way back to 1990 when Bin Laden began his Anti-US crusade! HE is the enemy, NOT the Democrats and NOT the GOP!
I would go a step further, all the way back to Regan era when the CIA essentially wrote blank check to fund the taliban to fight against the USSR.

easyt65 said:
Rgearding Katrina compared to 9/11, though - no one saw 9/11 coming for years and years! EVERYONE has known for years and years that if NO got hit head on by a hurricane, seeing as how they were under sea level and protected by only a few walls, that there would be this kind of disaster! You can spread the blame for this one all over the map as well, starting with the local NO govt who had all that time to prepare for such a disaster!
YEs the blame goes all around. However, the wouldn't have been as many deaths had some one, anyone, issued the evacuation order sooner. The govenor and mayor of Louissiana and NO both admit to fault nearly immediately, however it's disgusting how the White house, even till now still maintains that theycould not have forseen the breakup of the levees or that they had no prior knowledge that it would be this serious a catastorphie.
I wonder what would happen should the Caldera underneath Yellow Stone were to explode today what Bush inc would say? We'd no idea there was a caldera there?

Back
Top Bottom