• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush spanks Helen Thomas during WH press brief

American

Constitutionalist
Bartender
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
88,844
Reaction score
27,928
Location
SE Virginia
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Read here. The old bag finally got what was coming to her. :rofl
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
American said:
Read here. The old bag finally got what was coming to her. :rofl
Her questions was dumb to begin with and then she tried to debate him instead of letting him answer and then asking a follow-up. I heard he say on Hardball that she had appologized for her remark about him being the worst President and that's why he probably gave her another shot. He was more a gentleman that I probably would have been after the question she asked.
 

American

Constitutionalist
Bartender
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
88,844
Reaction score
27,928
Location
SE Virginia
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Did you see his expression as he said "Uh huh" while she spoke. Hehehe, he could have sunk a battleship with that look.
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Jesus Christ. That idiot is still trying to link September 11th to the war in Iraq. He makes me sick!
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Okay, I just watched that part of the press conference. For anyone to label this as Bush spanking Helen is rather ridiculous. Her question alone about how none of the reasons we went into Iraq have been proved to be true. That question made him look like a fool. I love it!

:2funny:
 

akyron

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
10,352
Reaction score
2,436
Location
Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Other
He really didnt spank her. He showed remarkable restraint and poise.
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
The most senior of the white house press corp, and Bush couldn't answer a damns worth. When asked simply by Ms. Thomas:
I'd like to ask you, Mr. President, your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is, why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, from your Cabinet -- your Cabinet officers, intelligence people, and so forth -- what was your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil -- quest for oil, it hasn't been Israel, or anything else. What was it?
What's Bush's Response?
No President wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true. My attitude about the defense of this country changed on September the 11th. We -- when we got attacked, I vowed then and there to use every asset at my disposal to protect the American people. Our foreign policy changed on that day, Helen. You know, we used to think we were secure because of oceans and previous diplomacy. But we realized on September the 11th, 2001, that killers could destroy innocent life. And I'm never going to forget it. And I'm never going to forget the vow I made to the American people that we will do everything in our power to protect our people.

Part of that meant to make sure that we didn't allow people to provide safe haven to an enemy. And that's why I went into Iraq -- hold on for a second --
This simply is not true. That was the attitude before Dec 7, 1941, not 9-11 2001. But to be fair, yes the attitude was never that terrorists would use commercial airlines to do such. However there were plenty of warnings before the attack by all communities of intelligence. THe Bush Admin just chose to ignore those warning. As per stated by the 9/11 commission's report.

So then Ms. Thomas states:
Q They didn't do anything to you, or to our country.
Bush responds:
Look -- excuse me for a second, please. Excuse me for a second. They did. The Taliban provided safe haven for al Qaeda. That's where al Qaeda trained --
All of you on this site whom debate often should clearly see that Bush is again evading the question at hand. Taliban provided safe haven to Al Qaeda? uh what does the Taliban have to do with Iraq?

Ms. Thomas' response:
I'm talking about Iraq --
Bush, again on Afganistan, but finally something on Iraq
Helen, excuse me. That's where -- Afghanistan provided safe haven for al Qaeda. That's where they trained. That's where they plotted. That's where they planned the attacks that killed thousands of innocent Americans.

I also saw a threat in Iraq. I was hoping to solve this problem diplomatically. That's why I went to the Security Council; that's why it was important to pass 1441, which was unanimously passed. And the world said, disarm, disclose, or face serious consequences --
Well for one thing, serious consequences does not nessecitate war, though it can be.
I don't see how this is "spanking" Ms. Thomas, perhaps you would like to point that out American?
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
jfuh said:
All of you on this site whom debate often should clearly see that Bush is again evading the question at hand.
Speaking of "evading the question"..... We both know of a question you have been evading, don't we? :lol:
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
KCConservative said:
Speaking of "evading the question"..... We both know of a question you have been evading, don't we? :lol:
Bush doesn't evade the question asked? Would you like to respond to the thread at hand? Or just continue on your lame attempts at flaming?
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
jfuh said:
Bush doesn't evade the question asked? Would you like to respond to the thread at hand? Or just continue on your lame attempts at flaming?
Hey, glad to hear from you, jfuh. It's funny you should mention flaming. Why are you avoiding the other thread? You're invited to see a list of real flames. ;)

:waiting:
 
Last edited:

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
KCConservative said:
Hey, glad to hear from you, jfuh. It's funny you should mention flaming. Why are you avoiding the other thread? You're invited to see a list of real flames. ;)

:waiting:
Keep waiting all you want KC. Contrast to simple flaming and going off thread with you, I choose to spend my time more wisely through intelligent debate with ppl that know how to do so. If you know how, feel free to join, otherwise you're welcome to decend back to the basement with your flaming rant.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
jfuh said:
Keep waiting all you want KC. Contrast to simple flaming and going off thread with you, I choose to spend my time more wisely through intelligent debate with ppl that know how to do so. If you know how, feel free to join, otherwise you're welcome to decend back to the basement with your flaming rant.
Yeah, gotta love how you, only now, decide to take the high and mighty road. Looks as if the long list of your flames was too much to stomach., right hypocrit? Come take a look. You'll see how "intelligent" your debating has been. :lol:
 
Last edited:

alphamale

Banned
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern California
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I heard big excerpts of the liberal shark feeding frenzy on Hannity today. It's funny how the liberal media establishment has given up even the semblance of being impartial journalists. I don't see why Bush puts up with those self important snots - I'd give them all the heave-ho out of the white house if I were him.
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
alphamale said:
I heard big excerpts of the liberal shark feeding frenzy on Hannity today. It's funny how the liberal media establishment has given up even the semblance of being impartial journalists. I don't see why Bush puts up with those self important snots - I'd give them all the heave-ho out of the white house if I were him.
What's partial about asking for the reason to go to war?
Seems like you would be perfectly suite to be a dictator.
 

jallman

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
36,915
Reaction score
11,283
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
KCConservative said:
Yeah, gotta love how you, only now, decide to take the high and mighty road. Looks as if the long list of your flames was too much to stomach., right hypocrit? Come take a look. You'll see how "intelligent" your debating has been. :lol:
Okay, if you two want to braid eachother's hair and talk about who is more popular or whatever teeny boppers do on their camera phones these days, there are more appropriate forums for that to happen in.

As for the topic at hand...the sow had every right to ask the questions she did. However, she had no right to treat the president with such disrespect (mind you he is a president I have grown to dislike for reasons other than the war). The president should always be willing to handle confrontational questions of the media, but the media should always allow the president to answer those questions without being badgered. It not only is disrespectful, but it undermines his image to the rest of the world.

Besides, he is in his last term and there is an impending election where everyone gets to make a choice. My suggestion is get out and vote.
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
jfuh said:
What's partial about asking for the reason to go to war?
Seems like you would be perfectly suite to be a dictator.
Excellent question, jfuh. Notice that alpha did not respond. :lol:

It's amazing to me how cons and/or repubs want to blame everything on the liberal media. :roll:
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
KCConservative said:
Yeah, gotta love how you, only now, decide to take the high and mighty road. Looks as if the long list of your flames was too much to stomach., right hypocrit? Come take a look. You'll see how "intelligent" your debating has been. :lol:
I am begging you to take all your postings to jfuh and show them to your kids. If you were my father, I would lose some, and perhaps all, respect for him (but my father would NEVER stoop to this level). What is the matter with you? And don't tell me that because you feel jfuh has done that to you that somehow you're justified in doing what you're doing. Grow the hell up. Do you call yourself an adult? You clearly have stalker-like qualities.
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
aps said:
I am begging you to take all your postings to jfuh and show them to your kids. If you were my father, I would lose some, and perhaps all, respect for him (but my father would NEVER stoop to this level). What is the matter with you? And don't tell me that because you feel jfuh has done that to you that somehow you're justified in doing what you're doing. Grow the hell up. Do you call yourself an adult? You clearly have stalker-like qualities.
Why bother aps?
As Confucious teaches "A wall made of $hit, can not be soiled".
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
aps said:
Excellent question, jfuh. Notice that alpha did not respond. :lol:

It's amazing to me how cons and/or repubs want to blame everything on the liberal media. :roll:
Makes it more difficult to take bribes or "gifts", go to war, lie to the public, oust a CIA opperative, not commit to saving a city from hurricane, ect ect ect, when you have a free media watching your actions
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
jfuh said:
Why bother aps?
As Confucious teaches "A wall made of $hit, can not be soiled".
Because I am utterly disappointed to see this kind of behavior from him....utterly disappointed. :(
 

aquapub

DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,317
Reaction score
344
Location
America (A.K.A., a red state)
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
American said:
Read here. The old bag finally got what was coming to her. :rofl

:rofl


I just love watching these hysterical, conspiracy theory-spewing ignoramouses like her get b*tch slapped with the facts. Substance is to liberals as a cross is to a vampire.

You ever feel like the older brother with your hand on the younger brother's forehead while he swings at you wildly when debating with these people? :lol:

Alright, I've had my laugh for the day. I'm outta here.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
aps said:
Because I am utterly disappointed to see this kind of behavior from him....utterly disappointed. :(
How about his flaming behavior the last few weeks? Are you just conveniently discounting that? Now that he's confronted with the truth in black and white, he's too afraid to face it.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
aps said:
And don't tell me that because you feel jfuh has done that to you that somehow you're justified in doing what you're doing. Grow the hell up.
Don't worry, I'm about finished. He now knows the hypocracy of his ways. Perhaps now he'll rise to the level of debating he demands of everyone else.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Anyone taking bets on when the President will next allow Helen Thomas to ask a question? I say never. Then again, after getting her spanking, she probably won;t dare ask again.
 
Top Bottom