• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush spanks Helen Thomas during WH press brief

aps said:
You are absolutely correct. I was like, "How could people think he spanked Helen?" I spoke to some friends of mine, who are all dems and they all agreed with me. That is interesting.

I agree. I hate it when people interrupt others when they speak. Chris Matthews does that on his show, and it drives me nuts. Shut up and let the person talk.

Now, I will say that when he was answering the question, I thought to myself, "He's not answering her question." If I asked you if you wanted to have dinner with me and you started talking about going to the movies, I would interrupt you. So I see why she was interrupting him. I am sick and tired of Bush implying that 9-11 and the invasion in Iraq are interrelated.

Agree or disagree, which I'm sure we'll disagree, so I'll just go ahead and stipulate that, I respect your opinion regardless.

I think he actually WAS answering her question in a stream of consciousness thing. In HIS mind, he believes that Iraq and the GWOT are inter-related. He spelled out his reasoning in his emerging immenint(sp?) threat theory.

Anyways, I thought her question was in a format of, like someone else mentioned before me, do you still beat your wife?

easyt65 said:
Not the nation - THE DEMOCRATS!

If I am so wrong for saying Thomas and the Dems have an agenda, explain to me why Thomas deliverately phrased her question as Deegan said, to insinuate that Bush wanted war from the start? Why has Murtha and Dean been trying to convince the American people we can't win, and why have Dems like Durbin and Kerry been attacking our troops by calling them Nazis and Terrorists during a time of war, attacing this nation's resolve and our troops' morale?!

You think this is a conspiracy? It's called democracy.

If I am so wrong for saying Thomas and the Dems have an agenda, explain to me why Thomas deliverately phrased her question as Deegan said, to insinuate that Bush wanted war from the start?

There are rumors that Bush wanted to go to war and provided evidence that mostly supported our invading Iraq. It's appropriate to go to the horse's mouth to find out if that is true. It is a valid question.

Why has Murtha and Dean been trying to convince the American people we can't win

Umm, because they believe we can't win. Is that so hard to comprehend? Are you going to pretend that things are going great in Iraq? More people DON'T support this war than support it. The majority of Americans think we can't win. Do you think that the majority of Americans who believe this have been brainwashed by Murtha and Dean? I highly doubt it.

why have Dems like Durbin and Kerry been attacking our troops by calling them Nazis and Terrorists during a time of war, attacing this nation's resolve and our troops' morale?

There have been multiple convictions related to treatment of detainees since our troops stepped over the line. Fellow people in the military are the ones convicting these people. It is appalling to think that Americans would behave that way.

When was the last time Kerry or Durbin called our soldiers Nazis and Terrorists? Please provide me with objective evidence. Thank you.

I guess Bush calling our soldiers "kids" is real morale-boosting--aint it?

Captain America said:
1. Most people are convinced that he had Iraqi warplans pre-9/11 and the attack only helped serve that purpose. But in all fairness to the pres, I would like to that evidence before convicting him of it.

2. Maybe not, but most of America, as well as most of the rest of the world think he planned it as well. Some clarity on this would ease a lot of peoples minds. The president said boldly "I did not want to go war. No president wants to go to war." Fair enough. Now it's up to the other side to present evidence disputing that. And if they do, it's curtains for the president and public opinion.

3. That too is on a lot of people's minds. Folks are very concerned in the neo-con agenda to force our ways on the rest of the world to cater to our nation' agenda. The "might makes right" attitude and the notion that because we are America we have an inherent right, nay, destiny, to dominate the globe though force if necessary has many Americans concerned and even more non- Americans. I am not saying Bush is a war monger but if I may borrow an old quote, :If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...."

Some folks do believe that, I just don't think it's responsible journalism to ask such questions, it underminds our president in a time of war. If there is evidence of this, then by all means, please show us all. This was all paraded out for us before, the DSM didn't stick, it was debunked, and that has all been rehashed ad nauseam. What are these people going to ask next, "sir, is it not true that you knew of 9/11 before hand?" I mean, come now, we have to be more restrained in our media then this, it's just getting out of control.

reaganburch said:
Agree or disagree, which I'm sure we'll disagree, so I'll just go ahead and stipulate that, I respect your opinion regardless.

I think he actually WAS answering her question in a stream of consciousness thing. In HIS mind, he believes that Iraq and the GWOT are inter-related. He spelled out his reasoning in his emerging immenint(sp?) threat theory.

Anyways, I thought her question was in a format of, like someone else mentioned before me, do you still beat your wife?

I like you. :) We can agree to disagree. I do see how you can come to your conclusion (no matter how wrong it is ;)).

Deegan said:
Some folks do believe that, I just don't think it's responsible journalism to ask such questions, it underminds our president in a time of war. If there is evidence of this, then by all means, please show us all. This was all paraded out for us before, the DSM didn't stick, it was debunked, and that has all been rehashed ad nauseam. What are these people going to ask next, "sir, is it not true that you knew of 9/11 before hand?" I mean, come now, we have to be more restrained in our media then this, it's just getting out of control.

I can see the validity of your opinion and agree to some degree. Whoever said "The truth shall set you free" obviously didn't know their *** from a hole in the ground did they?

aps said:
You think this is a conspiracy? It's called democracy.

There are rumors that Bush wanted to go to war and provided evidence that mostly supported our invading Iraq. It's appropriate to go to the horse's mouth to find out if that is true. It is a valid question.

Umm, because they believe we can't win. Is that so hard to comprehend? Are you going to pretend that things are going great in Iraq? More people DON'T support this war than support it. The majority of Americans think we can't win. Do you think that the majority of Americans who believe this have been brainwashed by Murtha and Dean? I highly doubt it.

There have been multiple convictions related to treatment of detainees since our troops stepped over the line. Fellow people in the military are the ones convicting these people. It is appalling to think that Americans would behave that way.

When was the last time Kerry or Durbin called our soldiers Nazis and Terrorists? Please provide me with objective evidence. Thank you.

I guess Bush calling our soldiers "kids" is real morale-boosting--aint it?

Wow, ain't you the Democratic Party-apologist?! :roll:

As far as Durbin and Kerry's comments - why don't you ask some of your Lib buddies on the board for the link/evidence, as they are well aware of those comments and my posting of previous links to demonstrate the 'treasonous' behavior. (Like that is something new for Dems!)

easyt65 said:
Wow, ain't you the Democratic Party-apologist?! :roll:

As far as Durbin and Kerry's comments - why don't you ask some of your Lib buddies on the board for the link/evidence, as they are well aware of those comments and my posting of previous links to demonstrate the 'treasonous' behavior. (Like that is something new for Dems!)

LOL Okay, I see you just want to make claims without discussing what they really mean.

aps said:
I like you. :) We can agree to disagree. I do see how you can come to your conclusion (no matter how wrong it is ;)).

Aw shucks... <kicking the ground>.... Thanx...

As soon as you demonize a person's point of view, you start demonizing the person and then you start demonizing a part of the population and then... well, that's how we got into this mess of hate in the first place...

Again, just my opinion...

aps said:
LOL Okay, I see you just want to make claims without discussing what they really mean.

Aps, we have already gone this route. I have provided a mountain of links, like those above that have gone IGNORED. I know from experience that arguing with you is like banging my head on a wall. I have accepted long ago your desire to keep your eyes closed tight and your mouth wide open. Nothing I have said or posted has ever made a difference to you and never will. You are definitely welcome to your own opinion and bias. That being said, I am not wasting my time anymore. Go back to your ducking my links, Clinton/DNC-apologizing, and making your claims!

easyt65 said:
Aps, we have already gone this route. I have provided a mountain of links, like those above that have gone IGNORED. I know from experience that arguing with you is like banging my head on a wall. I have accepted long ago your desire to keep your eyes closed tight and your mouth wide open. Nothing I have said or posted has ever made a difference to you and never will. You are definitely welcome to your own opinion and bias. That being said, I am not wasting my time anymore. Go back to your ducking my links, Clinton/DNC-apologizing, and making your claims!

Okay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, how many posts in this thread commented on the president's intelligence?

Apparently he is 'chimp' and a 'moron.'

I have many disagreements with this president but the last thing I am going to stoop to is calling him an idiot. He's the god damn president of the US! Do you really think an idiot could be a president.

What college did he go to again? Oh that's right, daddy bought his grades :roll:

I also like that fact that people are trying to pin ALL OF 9/11 on this administration all the while ignoring the previous administration. Clinton an CO sure did a bang up job in their 8 years preventing terrorism eh?

9/11 was a bipartisan failure. Once again partisan bigotry is shining through.

SixStringHero said:

I have many disagreements with this president but the last thing I am going to stoop to is calling him an idiot. He's the god damn president of the US! Do you really think an idiot could be a president.

What college did he go to again? Oh that's right, daddy bought his grades :roll:

I also like that fact that people are trying to pin ALL OF 9/11 on this administration all the while ignoring the previous administration. Clinton an CO sure did a bang up job in their 8 years preventing terrorism eh?

9/11 was a bipartisan failure. Once again partisan bigotry is shining through.

If I have called him an idiot--it has nothing to do with his level of intelligence. Idiot also means "fool." Just FYI.

aps said:
If I have called him an idiot--it has nothing to do with his level of intelligence. Idiot also means "fool." Just FYI.

I guess words are a motha****a
they can be great
or they can degrate, or even worse they can teach hate

Eminem...

aps said:

It was also thrown out to insult and disrespect the President in light of a lack of evidence to support your argument.

aps said:

I really think many people truly believe he is an idiot. Whether this is just wishful thinking on their part or if they are having delusions of grandeur in which they think they are actually smarter I have no idea.

As an American though, I find the notion insulting that an idiot could be president. This is one of my biggest pet peeves.

And from what I have seen from your posts, you aren't among the self deluded like so many others.

easyt65 said:
It was also thrown out to insult and disrespect the President in light of a lack of evidence to support your argument.

I thought you were ignoring me from now on, easy. :lol:

Seriously, I apologize if you inferred that I had not paid attention to your posts. Okay, okay, I must confess, when you post long posts and you have multiple links, I normally do not read them. For that, I am sorry. I just can't help it. Maybe I have Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.

SixStringHero said:
I really think many people truly believe he is an idiot. Whether this is just wishful thinking on their part or if they are having delusions of grandeur in which they think they are actually smarter I have no idea.

As an American though, I find the notion insulting that an idiot could be president. This is one of my biggest pet peeves.

And from what I have seen from your posts, you aren't among the self deluded like so many others.

Thank you! While I get angry with him and call him names, I know he is an intelligent man. Unfortunately, he is not very articulate (which is not necessarily indicative of an intelligent person), and he can come off kinda dumb. I mentioned this yesterday--I saw Fahrenheit 9-11 and was disappointed that Moore made fun of Bush throughout the movie. It took away from his message. I think making the president look like a fool is the sign of a jerk.

easy65, as for responding to your previous comments of and I quote:

"Not the nation, the DEMOCRATS"..... um.... how can I put this.... er..... 50% OF THE NATION ARE DEMOCRAT!!! I can't believe you came back at me with that comment. I don't even have words to.... in all my years... how in the heck could you possibly... nevermind. Its like talking to a wall.

Sorry for the hostillity in this post. But really easy65. Grow up.

SixStringHero said:

so what do you think of Clinton? So what if they're the president, free country, I can call him any damn thing I want. For the record, Bush is an idiot.

SixStringHero said:
Daddy bought the admission, he got those C's himself.

SixStringHero said:
Happened on his watch, not Clintons. Where was Bush when the intel about emminent attack came to him? On vacation on his ranch.

SixStringHero said:
9/11 was a bipartisan failure.
Some truth, yes it was a bi-partisan failure.

SixStringHero said:
Once again partisan bigotry is shining through.
Once again, Bush's Watch.

mnpollock said:
easy65, as for responding to your previous comments of and I quote:

"Not the nation, the DEMOCRATS"..... um.... how can I put this.... er..... 50% OF THE NATION ARE DEMOCRAT!!! I can't believe you came back at me with that comment. I don't even have words to.... in all my years... how in the heck could you possibly... nevermind. Its like talking to a wall.

Sorry for the hostillity in this post. But really easy65. Grow up.

I would say nice attempt at a comeback, but I would be lying. THAT was LAME! That was almost like saying, "Ok, ya got me - I'm speechless!" :rofl

aps said:
Thank you! While I get angry with him and call him names, I know he is an intelligent man. Unfortunately, he is not very articulate (which is not necessarily indicative of an intelligent person), and he can come off kinda dumb. I mentioned this yesterday--I saw Fahrenheit 9-11 and was disappointed that Moore made fun of Bush throughout the movie. It took away from his message. I think making the president look like a fool is the sign of a jerk.
Yeah, that guy is a jerk.
As for making fun of bush though, there's just to much to make fun of lol.

jfuh said:
Where was Bush when the intel about emminent attack came to him? .

OK. I am calling you out :

1. Give me proof, a link to the fact that Bush was briefed that Al Qaeda was going to fly airliners into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the White House in the near future before it happened! I want to see the links you have to support this or else it will prove you are lying! Don't give me any opinion, insults, or refusal - put your money where your mouth is.

2. Don't try to weasel out by saying what you really meant was 'where was Bush while it was going on' - he wasn't at his ranch, you moron, he was reading a book to a bunch of school kids!

Enough of the liberal lies and BS :spin: !

Last edited:
easyt65 said:
OK. I am calling you out :

1. Give me proof, a link to the fact that Bush was briefed that Al Qaeda was going to fly airliners into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the White House in the near future before it happened! I want to see the links you have to support this or else it will prove you are lying! Don't give me any opinion, insults, or refusal - put your money where your mouth is.

2. don't try to weasel out by saying what youreally meant was 'where was Bush while it was going on' - he wasn't at his ranch, you moron, he was reading a book to a bunch of school kids!

Enough of the liberal lies and BS :spin: !
Ooooo you're calling me out :duel
I thought you'd never ask Source
Now the question is how would you respond to this? "More libearl lies and bs :spin:" perhaps?

jfuh said:
Ooooo you're calling me out :duel
I thought you'd never ask Source
Now the question is how would you respond to this? "More libearl lies and bs :spin:" perhaps?
I would answer if it opened up! I can see it is something form the baltimore sun but will not open.

From your source:

Baltimore Sun said:
But the authors of the congressional report, released last week, stated the briefing given to the president a month before the suicide hijackings included recent intelligence that al-Qaida was planning to send operatives to the United States to carry out an attack using high explosives.
[...]
Bush's daily briefing on Aug. 6, 2001, contained "information acquired in May 2001 that indicated a group of [Osama] bin Laden supporters was planning attacks in the United States with explosives," the report said.
[...]
But the congressional report states that "from at least 1994, and continuing into the summer of 2001, the Intelligence Community received information indicating that terrorists were contemplating, among other means of attack, the use of aircraft as weapons."

"attack with explosives"??

"use aircraft as weapons"??

Thats pretty specific. Not.

Back
Top Bottom