• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush is a war criminal...

Should George W. Bush be impeached?

• Yes

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 59 58.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
There is an international movement to have George W. Bush impeached and placed on trial for:

1. Manipulating the American public into thinking Iraq was connected to 9/11

2. "Outsourcing" torture

3. Blatantly breaking international law, and ignoring the international community in the name of self-serving corporate opportunity.

reference: http://www.worldtribunal.org/main/?b=7

Last edited:
I'd just love to see a George Bush mug shot.

bushsuspect1ow.jpg

Other countries are moving to impeach a U.S. President? Missed that in the U.S. Constitution.

They are probobaly trying to charge him with war crimes. You probobaly got miexed up by way author of post presented material. And yes 95% of the world probobaly hates his ass.

For sucha Moral Leader with GOD on his side he sure does have a lot of enemys.

They can't - the UN passed the resolutions. lol

I beleive I said this before in another thread.

Let me know when Bush gets his willie wistled in the oval office by someone other than his wife, :lol:

And while doing that commits acts of treason by selling secrets to other nations. Hey wait a min isnt treason considered a act that defines a war criminal?

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
They are probobaly trying to charge him with war crimes. You probobaly got miexed up by way author of post presented material. And yes 95% of the world probobaly hates his ass.

For sucha Moral Leader with GOD on his side he sure does have a lot of enemys.

I'm sorry to confuse you. Yes, the world would like to see him tried as a war criminal. So would I.

But, the vote is on wether or not you think he should be impeached for dragging our good names through the mud. I mean if the world hated us before, now where do you think we stand?

Do you think this is a just war? How do you justify 1800+ troops dead? Who is accountable for those deaths? What have we gained from all of this? The 9/11 terrorist were mostly from Saudi Arabia. We don't have Bin Laden. We're spending a shitload of $$$, and killing a ****-load of people. GW never found WMD's... why are we in Iraq? What does Iraq have to do with 9/11??

Batman said:
Other countries are moving to impeach a U.S. President? Missed that in the U.S. Constitution.

Other countries want to see him tried as a war criminal.

He can still be impeached by congress. Surely, you did pick that up in Con-law.

Last edited:

Other countries can't move to impeach a president, but we can fund violent revolutionaries, try to assassinate or just plain declare war on leaders the US doesn't like?

ban.the.electoral.college said:
I'm sorry to confuse you. Yes, the world would like to see him tried as a war criminal. So would I.

But, the vote is on wether or not you think he should be impeached for dragging our good names through the mud. I mean if the world hated us before, now where do you think we stand?

Do you think this is a just war? How do you justify 1800+ troops dead? Who is accountable for those deaths? What have we gained from all of this? The 9/11 terrorist were mostly from Saudi Arabia. We don't have Bin Laden. We're spending a shitload of $$$, and killing a ****-load of people. GW never found WMD's... why are we in Iraq? What does Iraq have to do with 9/11??

Hmm... According to the United Nations, the Iraq war should've happened 17 times by now... Can you imagine if there was a murder on the loose, and every time he committed murder they just told him "don't do it again or we'll arrest you" and let him get away with it 17 times? And then to top it off, they have to wait for a foreigner to arrest him and when the foreigner finally does, they whine OH!!! IT WAS UNJUST CAUSE!!! AN ILLEGAL ARREST!

Oh yeah, and how the heck is Bush a war criminal? Please give an example of where he is committing genocide or other offenses that can be considered war crimes.

Who is responsible for the 1800+ troops dead? Well, quite technically it's the U.N.

Oh yeah, your example of a war crime must have some sort of proof. Hunches don't count.

Yes, the world would like to see him tried as a war criminal. So would I.
mean if the world hated us before, now where do you think we stand?

Yeah well that sounds alot like peer pressure from abunch of senseless high school kids who want you to take a hit. To tell you plainly I could care less what the whole wide world thinks of the US. They can shuv it up there puckered little buttholes for all I care aside from there non helping asses. Let me hone you in on a little secret. The world has never liked us and never will. As long as we remain on top of things the world will envy us. Thats a simple fact kinda like 2+2=4. Very preschool-like concepts. So trying to appease a world who would like to see us fail miserably in every aspect of life is like president bush wanting to have tea with Osama bin laden(I dont quite think thats feasable). Do you?

PhotonicLaceration said:
Hmm... According to the United Nations, the Iraq war should've happened 17 times by now... Can you imagine if there was a murder on the loose, and every time he committed murder they just told him "don't do it again or we'll arrest you" and let him get away with it 17 times? And then to top it off, they have to wait for a foreigner to arrest him and when the foreigner finally does, they whine OH!!! IT WAS UNJUST CAUSE!!! AN ILLEGAL ARREST!

Oh yeah, and how the heck is Bush a war criminal? Please give an example of where he is committing genocide or other offenses that can be considered war crimes.

Who is responsible for the 1800+ troops dead? Well, quite technically it's the U.N.

:lol: The U.N. is responsible? Get real. GWB deployed the troops. He lied to the American people to trick us into supporting his corporate interests. He failed to produce Bin Laden. He failed to produce WMD in Iraq. For 1800+ dead and counting, what do we have to show for all this carnage? GWB is a war criminal plain and simple. He lied, 1800 died, and GWB is responsible.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Vauge:
They can't - the UN passed the resolutions
With all due respect, they might have passed Resolutions, but they didn't apply to an armed attack at the time of the US invasion. See Kofi quote below:
The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

Mr. Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service broadcast last night, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish."

He then added unequivocally: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal."

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/091704D.shtml
That was when we attacked with ground troops. But the war started much earlier. Long before Congress gave authorization to Bush. And THAT, is IMPEACHABLE! See quote below. Thank you DSM.
On the eve of the official invasion, on March 8, 2003, Bush said in his national radio address: "We are doing everything we can to avoid war in Iraq. But if Saddam Hussein does not disarm peacefully, he will be disarmed by force." Bush said this after nearly a year of systematic, aggressive bombings of Iraq, during which Iraq was already being disarmed by force, in preparation for the invasion to come. By the Pentagon's own admission, it carried out seventy-eight individual, offensive airstrikes against Iraq in 2002 alone.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/printer_060305Y.shtml
However, since Congress doesn't have the balls to Impeach, and most Americans don't have the moral courage that it would take to demand Impeachment, we are TSOL.

SKILMATIC said:
... To tell you plainly I could care less what the whole wide world thinks of the US. They can shuv it up there puckered little buttholes for all I care aside from there non helping asses...

Well, I hope you don't plan on travelling over seas anytime soon. Or have any ambition to see the world. Because if you do, you better be on tour with the military. Otherwise, you'll likely find yourself eating those words.

Thats why when I was in the navy I traveled with some of the most revered and frightening battle groups such as the Enterprise and the John c Stennis. Now that I am n the Nat gaurd I travel with armoured convoys with several different artillery and a2a and a2g ordinance.

Also when i traveled the ocean blue every country I went to the people seemed to love me. Want to know why? Its amazing what a buck does to the political values of people, it seems to suppress them, :lol:

Now in the middle east its different casue they dont care about tangiable things on earth. They only care about there radical religion.

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
... To tell you plainly I could care less what the whole wide world thinks of the US. They can shuv it up there puckered little buttholes for all I care aside from there non helping asses...
This quote, as a microcosm of America's attitude towards Iraq, is the exact reason I do not believe we are there for Iraqi freedom. Because, as this quote clearly shows, we don't give a damn about Iraqi's. We just care about ourselves. Our own, narcissistic selves.

Almost all of the pro-war chumps harbor this feeling towards other nations. So it is more than a joke when they try to convince us that they are there to bring democracy to a people they don't give a flying fuuck about.

This quote, as a microcosm of America's attitude towards Iraq, is the exact reason I do not believe we are there for Iraqi freedom. Because, as this quote clearly shows, we don't give a damn about Iraqi's. We just care about ourselves. Our own, narcissistic selves.

Almost all of the pro-war chumps harbor this feeling towards other nations. So it is more than a joke when they try to convince us that they are there to bring democracy to a people they don't give a flying fuuck about.
:spin:

So becasue one person gives u a quote like this is all the reason in the world for you to not help people? And that comment was directed to the nations who couldve halped but didnt casue they want to see us fail. The iraqi people dont even know anything about america excpet from what sadaam tells them. So they are obviously excluded from that remark. But I wouldnt expect you to understand simple concepts like these casue after all you beleive sadaam was a great man and you beleive he should still be in power.

Billo_Really said:
With all due respect, they might have passed Resolutions, but they didn't apply to an armed attack at the time of the US invasion. See Kofi quote below:That was when we attacked with ground troops. But the war started much earlier. Long before Congress gave authorization to Bush. And THAT, is IMPEACHABLE! See quote below. Thank you DSM.However, since Congress doesn't have the balls to Impeach, and most Americans don't have the moral courage that it would take to demand Impeachment, we are TSOL.

That is a very good argument. There is a protest on Sept. 24th in front of the whitehouse.

source: http://www.votetoimpeach.org/

:lol: The U.N. is responsible? Get real. GWB deployed the troops. He lied to the American people to trick us into supporting his corporate interests. He failed to produce Bin Laden. He failed to produce WMD in Iraq. For 1800+ dead and counting, what do we have to show for all this carnage? GWB is a war criminal plain and simple. He lied, 1800 died, and GWB is responsible.

Let me see... Lying to the American Public.... Well first of all, that's not a war crime... (We are still releasing classified information from World War II you know.) Second, that's debatable that he lied and there's no evidence (unless you have some) that he did. Even Saddam Hussein thought he had Weapons of Mass Destruction if that tells you anything. Remember, Kerry said "I was for the war before I was against it" In otherwords according to him Hindsight is 20/20, and he's against it.

Okay.... Failing to capture Bin Laden... So you're saying it's a war crime to not accomplish the mission objective the first day? World War II lasted from '39 to '45 in Europe and from '36 to '45 in the Pacific. Does that make the Churchill a war criminal? In fact, I think the U.N. has failed many objectives.

Hmm... For casualties in an armed conflict? So, then the presidents during the Civil War, World War II, Spanish American War, Mexican American War, Korean War, and Vietnam War were all war criminals?

If the United Nations would have acted earlier on this, and gave Saddam the Consequences they had promised, who knows how many U.S. lives would've been saved. Heck, even if we just did it in 1991 we'd probably have saved lives. Yes, I'm saying that U.N. is primarily responsible. They showed the rest of the world that there is no consequences to violating international law.

So, taking out the terrorist supporting (By allowing terrorists in his backyard and not taking action or allowing others to take action, yes he supported terrorists) murderous dictatorship in Iraq, I feel that it will stabalize the region and aid us tremendously in the war against terror. It should send a message to other countries that if you violate international law, you will face the consequences.

Okay... Now where's that War Crime? Really, show me an example of something that really is a War Crime, by definition.

" ... casue they want to see us fail."

They want us to fail? What conspiracy theory sites have you been visiting?

"The iraqi people dont even know anything about america excpet from what sadaam tells them."

Sadaam is in prison. The iraqis know a ****-load about carnage and terror inflicted on them by the US military.

"But I wouldnt expect you to understand simple concepts like these casue after all you beleive sadaam was a great man and you beleive he should still be in power"

You are manufacturing idiocy. No one is saying anything about Sadaams character. It has everything to do with our national integrity. I do not want our citizens or anyone's citizens to die. Death is unecessary. There is nothing for our nation to gain in Iraq. In fact, we have everything to loose.

Also, as far as the WMD, U.S. soldiers have found a couple facilities that contain all the ingredients to produce a mustarding agent and a nerve agent, but apparently the people running the facility didn't know how to make deadly agents from them.

Of course the Associated Press will be the first to point out that there is no "official evidence" that Saddam endorsed these facilities IN his country. Do you think such a facility could exist in the United States or other country in the free world for very long without being endorsed by the government?

Additionally, we knew that they had chemical weapons at one time, because not only did WE give them some in limited numbers, but they also used them against the Kurdish populations in their own state.

Saddam himself thought he had a weapons program, and you can easily see why he might. (Saddam himself as well as paper trails indicate that they thought they had weapons) He was a cruel dictator, and the people responsible for his weapons programs would probably told him they had been developed to save their own skins.

The iraqis know a ****-load about carnage and terror inflicted on them by the US military.[/B]

Well, if you look at the polls conducted of the people in Iraq, their approval ratings for the insurgents is virtually nothing. They don't support their own people being beheaded and suicide bombed left and right. (And I doubt you would either) The main targets of the Insurgency have been Iraqi civilians and the newly formed Iraqi government and military.

The general consensus in Iraq, is that they want to set up their own system, and then have us leave when they don't need us anymore. (As soon as possible, but it seems it isn't possible yet)

And the Iraqis themselves have been pulling themselves up just as much as we have been helping them, and they have sacrificed more for their own country than we have.

And reguarding the original quote, I'll have you know that the number of civilian casualties inflicted by U.S. troops as well as insurgents since the invasion ended isn't much more than what Saddam murdered on a regular basis.

What's the sense in crying about it? The world does not decide what Americans do with their government and until the rest of the world steps up and starts do something to help their fellow man as much as America has for two centuries.....they don't rate to say anything. These countries are quick to ask and accept aid from America, but are equally quick to point fingers.

I point out Rwanda, Somalia, and the Sudan. The U.N. has pointed out all three as being destructive to humanity. The U.N. half assed their support to the Somalia mission and left America to being the last to prematurely pull out. The U.N. has yet to do a thing in the other two, but the bare minimum, yet they condemn America for not acting? America has Marines in the Horn of Africa right now. I say, America charges the UN and all of the "high and mighty" nations it represents with neglect and the furthering of said people's sufferings. As far I see it, nobody lifts a finger to do anything except America and other countries that follow America's lead.

Sound ludicrous? So does the rantings of Americans that align themselves with the most selfish of our European "Allies".

By the way...the following statement is BS. "The iraqis know a ****-load about carnage and terror inflicted on them by the US military" Here is a quote from Zarqawi......."Killing Muslims who are serving as human shields (for the Americans) is allowed by the sharia," he said, backing his arguments with statements from several Muslim clergymen. - This was in regard to the car bombings of civilians. This is not merely fighting for a religion. This is the statement of a phsycotic and it is a great representation of what we have been ignoring for decades. The Iraqi people are under no illusion of where the "carnage" is coming from. Learn the truths instead of voicing the enemies propaganda.

Last edited:
PhotonicLaceration said:
If the United Nations would have acted earlier on this, and gave Saddam the Consequences they had promised, who knows how many U.S. lives would've been saved. Heck, even if we just did it in 1991 we'd probably have saved lives. Yes, I'm saying that U.N. is primarily responsible. They showed the rest of the world that there is no consequences to violating international law.

Bingo!.......From an earlier post of mine...

Bush41 was told BY THE UNITED NATIONS to kick Saddam out of Kuwait, but NOT to enter Iraq and remove him....That is exactly what was done....

And people accuse him of not doing enough...Doing more would have gone against the United Nation's wishes.

Now Bush43 is told BY THE UNITED NATIONS to wait for the completion of inspections and NOT to enter Iraq and remove him....The exact OPPOSITE was done...

And people accuse him of doing too much...He is already going against the United Nation's wishes.

Let me get this straight....

The right thing to do for Bush41 was to NOT listen to the UN and invade Iraq.

The right thing to do for Bush43 was to listen to the UN and NOT invade Iraq.

There is only one logical reasoning for this, and it is plainly obvious....

The United Nations suck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom