• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush is a war criminal...

Should George W. Bush be impeached?

• Yes

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 59 58.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SKILMATIC:
So becasue one person gives u a quote like this is all the reason in the world for you to not help people? And that comment was directed to the nations who couldve halped but didnt casue they want to see us fail. The iraqi people dont even know anything about america excpet from what sadaam tells them. So they are obviously excluded from that remark. But I wouldnt expect you to understand simple concepts like these casue after all you beleive sadaam was a great man and you beleive he should still be in power.
There is nothing you can say at this point to prove to me you (and others like you) care about Iraq. You showed your whole card. The leopard finally showed its spots. Stop the smoke screen. Cut the foreplay, and man-up to your own words!

And no, I'm not pro-Saddam. By any stretch of your clearly creative imagination.

First of all the USA does not recognize the world court..............Second I have been posting here for a couple of months and this is the most ridiculous thread I have seen.............I am really surprised one of the Mods does not move this to the basement..........

Let me see... Lying to the American Public.... Well first of all, that's not a war crime...

Ok, I see you think lying is a quality we should overlook in a leader. What he did was in fact worse. He manipulated a shocked and grieving nation into supporting a totally unwinnable war. No one has ever declared "war on terrorism", for the simple fact that the it's an impossible notion.

Second, that's debatable that he lied and there's no evidence (unless you have some) that he did.

GW told us this is a "war on terrorism". He did not say this is a quest to set up puppet governments in the Middle East, which is exactly what is happening. This constitutes a lie.

Okay.... Failing to capture Bin Laden... So you're saying it's a war crime to not accomplish the mission objective the first day?

What year is this? I hate to be the one that has to tell you, but it's been a shy bit longer than a day.

If the United Nations would have acted earlier on this, and gave Saddam the Consequences they had promised, who knows how many U.S. lives would've been saved.

The US was not obligated to send their blood and coin anywhere. They are there on GW's orders and his corporate interests.

I feel that it will stabalize the region and aid us tremendously in the war against terror. It should send a message to other countries that if you violate international law, you will face the consequences.

This is the attitude that give americans a bad name.

Okay... Now where's that War Crime? Really, show me an example of something that really is a War Crime, by definition.

Apparently, you didn't read Billo_Really's first post.

Last edited:
Let me see... Lying to the American Public.... Well first of all, that's not a war crime...

His lie was what? :confused:

Now if you want to talk about lying to the American Public I can still see "Slick Willie" Clinton on national TV saying "I did not have sex with that woman Ms Lewinsky." And before you say its only about sex he perjured himself in front of a Judge in sworn testimony..........

Navy Pride said:
First of all the USA does not recognize the world court..............Second I have been posting here for a couple of months and this is the most ridiculous thread I have seen.............I am really surprised one of the Mods does not move this to the basement..........His lie was what?

Now if you want to talk about lying to the American Public I can still see "Slick Willie" Clinton on national TV saying "I did not have sex with that woman Ms Lewinsky." And before you say its only about sex he perjured himself in front of a Judge in sworn testimony..........

Ridiculous? Because you can't fathom the truth? You said the same thing in my other post. I hate to be the one to reveal the truth to you. But, no one gives a **** what you think.

"GW told us this is a "war on terrorism". He did not say this is a quest to set up puppet governments in the Middle East, which is exactly what is happening. This constitutes a lie."

Terrorism is a product of Middle East oppression. A "puppet" government where the people have a say on how they are lead, is fighting terrorism. An ideal does not change, because of an attack. It will come after years of bettering themselves, which is a chance they would not have gotten otherwise. The spread of this "puppet" government is an extreme goal, but worthy of the attempt.

As far as Bin Laden....shut up. Put a uniform on and comb the Afghani and Pakistani mountains for one man yourself if it's that easy. Bin Laden will be caught eventually, but he is not the problem. He is a tool. Rounding up the rogues of fundamental Islam will not stop terrorism. This is a war on a religious ideal that millions of Muslims have subscribed to. The perversion of Islam in the Middle East has encouraged it's "martyrs" - and the spread of hate and scapegoating is a narcotic for which the angered youth digests. The fact is, their governments are at the root of their oppressions because of the strangle hold their version of Islam has on it's people.

Being angry and butt hurt about President Bush's bold moves against these zealots that wish you dead and have wished you dead for decades is simple and tired. Stopping short at the President's door step will not get you to where your anger should be. This problem existed long before the Bush clan. If one was to look for a President where our involvement became extreme, one should start with President Carter. Every President there after looked the other way. President Bush has been the first to point the finger where the American military has been pointing all along....the Middle Eastern oppression. I await the first President that will take it further and blame the House of Saud and it's perversions. Of course, that's a huge world economical issue too, so don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
ban.the.electoral.college said:
Ridiculous? Because you can't fathom the truth? You said the same thing in my other post. I hate to be the one to reveal the truth to you. But, no one gives a **** what you think.

Struck a nerve huh?:smile:

As my old buddy Jack nicholson once said in a movie and I paraphrase....Aw Never mind.........

What's the sense in crying about it?

No one's crying. This is the debate politics website. This is debate.

The world does not decide what Americans do with their government and until the rest of the world steps up and starts do something to help their fellow man as much as America has for two centuries.....

You're right. We can choose to impeach GW. He needs to be held responsible for 1800 unecessary american deaths.

I point out Rwanda, Somalia, and the Sudan. The U.N. has pointed out all three as being destructive to humanity. The U.N. half assed ... As far I see it, nobody lifts a finger to do anything except America and other countries that follow America's lead.

Comparing the UN to the USA is like comparing the MOAS to Japan. You're logic does not work. NGO's have little to no millitary or monetary resources compared to a country. And what makes you think we should be out there piddeling around in rinky dink affairs, when we haven't even got things straight here stateside?

Sound ludicrous? So does the rantings of Americans that align themselves with the most selfish of our European "Allies".

What is ludicrous is that most of America is brainwashed by Murdoch's soon to be monopoly. Most citizens are depoliticized, and out of touch with reality. How else, can you explain a ****-up like Bush in the whitehouse?

No one's crying. This is the debate politics website. This is debate.

But, no one gives a **** what you think.

You're dumb.

And this is just in the last half-hour....

Terrorism is a product of Middle East oppression. A "puppet" government where the people have a say on how they are lead, is fighting terrorism. An ideal does not change, because of an attack. It will come after years of bettering themselves, which is a chance they would not have gotten otherwise. The spread of this "puppet" government is an extreme goal, but worthy of the attempt.

Terrorism is not a product of the Middle East. Terrorism happens all over the world. But you don't see us chasing terrorists in other parts of the world. So, don't you see there is something peculiar here? This looks a good 'ole case of "I'm gonna do whatever the hell I want, because I am Bush and I'm a "WAR PRESIDENT"!! And I'm gonna finish what my daddy didn't, so he will quit telling Jeb I'm a ****-up.

As far as Bin Laden....shut up. Put a uniform on and comb the Afghani and Pakistani mountains for one man yourself if it's that easy. Bin Laden will be caught eventually, but he is not the problem. He is a tool. Rounding up the rogues of fundamental Islam will not stop terrorism. This is a war on a religious ideal that millions of Muslims have subscribed to. The perversion of Islam in the Middle East has encouraged it's "martyrs" - and the spread of hate and scapegoating is a narcotic for which the angered youth digests. The fact is, their governments are at the root of their oppressions because of the strangle hold their version of Islam has on it's people.

How about the perversion of Christianity? GWB, is a prime example. Bin Laden eludes the so called most powerful man on the earth? It looks like God favors another...

Being angry and butt hurt about President Bush's bold moves against these zealots that wish you dead and have wished you dead for decades is simple and tired. Stopping short at the President's door step will not get you to where your anger should be. This problem existed long before the Bush clan. If one was to look for a President where our involvement became extreme, one should start with President Carter. Every President there after looked the other way. President Bush has been the first to point the finger where the American military has been pointing all along....the Middle Eastern oppression. I await the first President that will take it further and blame the House of Saud and it's perversions. Of course, that's a huge world economical issue too, so don't hold your breath.

The reason they want us dead, is because of stupid Foreign Policy decisions. If we didn't allow people like Bush in the Whitehouse, we would be safe and sound.

cnredd said:

You're another lame wheel-spinner, I'm adding to my ignore list. And when people stop posting childish reply's that will be the day I stop replying to such banter

The UN represents the world's nations. The world's nations have militaries and economy. They are very much at fault for ignoring the world's attrocities.

There's no brainwashing. It's a matter of fact. The Middle East's problems are a product of their own doing and doing nothing for over fifty years has encouraged terror attacks all the way up to 9/11. This was not the sole act of some rogues and their leader, Bin Laden. This is a movement that is growing and until we attacked Al-Queda, was organized. Iraq's former Regime needed to go and so do some others. The people of the Middle East need to rise anove their narcotic of blame.

1800 American deaths were unfortunate, but not unnecessary. Your decision to dishonor their sacrifices by not identifying the growing fundamental Islamic movement is irresponsible. They died to make this world safer for all people. The Islamic zealots have moved out of the Middle East and have made it as far as Africa and Indonesia. They have now taken there "martyrdom" to England, where they murder, because America will not allow them to murder as the please. Secretly, I would wager that the leadership of the fundamental Islamic movement wishes that Bin Laden never attacked New York. He went too far.

You're dumb.:lol:

Typical liberal response when they have lost the debate..insults....

what else is new?

You're another lame wheel-spinner, I'm adding to my ignore list. And when people stop posting childish reply's that will be the day I stop replying to such banter

My "ignore list" is empty...always has been...It inhibits debate...

cnredd said:

There ought to be away to enforce keeping young kids out of here..........

Can you please ignore me too........thanks.............

ban.the.electoral.college - "Terrorism is not a product of the Middle East. Terrorism happens all over the world."

1) 1972 Olympics hostage taking of 13 Isreali athletes
2) 1974 attack on an Israeli high school leaving 26 dead
3) 1974 TWA flight bombing killing 88.
4) 1975 Air France plane skyjacked. Israeli special forces rescue all but 3 hostages.
5) 1979 Tehran American Embassy attacked and 66 American hostages held.
6) 1979 Mosque in Mecca seized and 100s of hostages taken. Saudi and French military retake Mosque at a high price.
7) 1979 skyjacking and kidnapping of 66 Americans
8) 1980 Train Station bombing in Italy leaves 80 dead.
9) 1983 Embassy bombing in Beirut kills 63
10) 1983 Gulf Air Flight bombed killing 117.
11) 1983 Beirut Marine Bombing killed 241 Marines and a similar attack on a French barracks killing 58.
12) 1985 TWA Flight skyjacked and 153 civillians held hostage. One U.S. Sailor murdered.
13) 1985 Soviet Diplomats kidnapped and one is killed by Sunni Terrorists.
15) 1985 Egypt Air Flight skyjacked. 60 dead in rescue attempt.
16) 1985 Air India bombed killing 329.
17) 1985 Air Canada Aircraft bombed on the ground killing two in Japan.
18) 1985 Two seperate attacks in two seperate airports in Italy kills 16 total.
19) 1986 TWA bombing by Palestinians blow a hole in the cabin and 4 Americans are sucked out during the flight including one infant.
20) 1986 German Discotheque in Berlin bombed killing 3 U.S. servicemen and 230 others. America bombs Qadhafi in response.
21) 1986 Pan Am Flight hijacked. Terrorist open fire and kill 22 passengers.
22) 1987 North Korean Operatives plant a bomb on Korean Air Flight killing 115.
23) 1987 Barcelona Bar bombed killing 1 service man.
24) 1987 USO in Naples bombed killing 1 service man.
25) 1988 Pan Am Flight bombed killing 259 over Scotland.
26) 1989 UTA Flight bombed killing 170.
27) 1992 Israeli Embassy bombed killing 29.
28) 1993 World Trade Center in New York bombed killing 6 and wounding more than a thousand.
29) 1993 U.S. Army ambushed by Al-Qaeda during Peace Keeping Mission in Somalia.
30) 1994 Jewish Center bombed killing 86.
31) Saudi Arabia military compound bombed killing 40.
32) 1997 Palastinian gunman open fires at the Empire State Building killing one American.
33) 1997 Four U.S. business men are killed in Pakistan.
34) 1998 Two American Embassy bombings by Al-Queda kill 301.
35) 2001 World Trade Center destroyed and Pentagon attacked by three seperate air planes killing almost 3,000 on American soil.
36) 2005 Egyptian representative to Iraq kidnapped.
37) 2005 Bahrain envoy to Iraq attacked

ban.the.electoral.college - "The reason they want us dead, is because of stupid Foreign Policy decisions. If we didn't allow people like Bush in the Whitehouse, we would be safe and sound."

I guess some people don't learn from history. Blaming President Bush makes it all easier to understand for some. I don't recall a grand Christian, Hindu, or Satanistic movement to cause such destruction in the last few hundred years. Even in the Muslim world there is not a grand sceme to destroy "infidels." These acts all come from the Middle East and the far reaches where the Arab perversion has reached. They are the product of the hate spewed from bigots. It is still reaching, but, by all means, continue to look the other way......"It's all Bush's fault."

Last edited:
PhotonicLaceration]Also, as far as the WMD, U.S. soldiers have found a couple facilities that contain all the ingredients to produce a mustarding agent and a nerve agent, but apparently the people running the facility didn't know how to make deadly agents from them.

So GWB was wrong, Iraq was not a threat. And therefore he should be held accountable for the 1800+ american soldiers who gave thier lives.

Additionally, we knew that they had chemical weapons at one time, because not only did WE give them some in limited numbers, but they also used them against the Kurdish populations in their own state.

Way to go, USA. No wonder people hate us. We give chemical weapons to dictators, who then go and kill their own people.

Saddam himself thought he had a weapons program, and you can easily see why he might. (Saddam himself as well as paper trails indicate that they thought they had weapons) He was a cruel dictator, and the people responsible for his weapons programs would probably told him they had been developed to save their own skins.

The USA has nuclear weapon's and we throw our weight around all of the time. How do you people think you would feel if the roles were reversed? I can garuntee that everyone would be up in arms! Yet, somehow (and I blame this on the media) americans are desensitized. We allow war to be waged because you can't fathom what is like. If you could, you would not condone such behavior.

I guess some people don't learn from history. Blaming President Bush makes it all easier to understand for some. I don't recall a grand Christian, Hindu, or Satanistic movement to cause such destruction in the last few hundred years. Even in the Muslim world there is not a grand sceme to destroy "infidels." These acts all come from the Middle East and the far reaches where the Arab perversion has reached. It is still reaching, but continue to look the other way......"It's all Bush's fault."[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of the Crusades? Murder in the name of Christ. Ultra conservative christians are notorious for being war-mongers. GWB: case and point. They are no better than radical Muslims.

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
There ought to be away to enforce keeping young kids out of here..........

Nah...Just throw down some smack...

You should know...You've been in my "crosshairs" before....:twisted:

This place SHOULD be open to everyone...

Some people...and I definitely include you in this...have points of view that may be relevant, but have no etiquette or the proper manner to getting that point across. Whether or not you're right or wrong on a point, you DO flame in the way you present it.

As I've said only a gazillion times already...If you show respect, you should get respect returned....If you show hostility, then you should get hostility returned....

"Garbage in; garbage out"...

cnredd said:
My "ignore list" is empty...always has been...It inhibits debate...

Navy Pride is now on my ignore list. I've never heard him say one thing that was remotely relevant, or that even bore the slightest hint of intelligence. I am amazed that his organs still function.

"The USA has nuclear weapon's and we throw our weight around all of the time. How do you people think you would feel if the roles were reversed? I can garuntee that everyone would be up in arms! Yet, somehow (and I blame this on the media) americans are desensitized. We allow war to be waged because you can't fathom what is like. If you could, you would not condone such behavior."

This is extremely unelightening. You have got to be just a kid. First of all, if the roles were reversed, the Islamic Middle East would have destroyed Israel by now, and would have bombed themselves into oblivion, along with the many "infidels" around the globe. Our complete nuclear arsenol and our refusal to use them since ending the WW proves our well intentions. We could have dropped bombs every where we have sent American troops to defend weaker people, but instead, we take our deaths, Why? Because we are moral and wish to harm the least amount of civilians as possible. We witness the Muslim zealots purposefully target civilians. I think the nukes are fine where they are at.

Be careful who you speak to about witnessing war, son. Perhaps it is you that needs a lesson in world affairs and what has kept the monsters at bay.

Ever heard of the Crusades? Murder in the name of Christ. Ultra conservative christians are notorious for being war-mongers. They are no better than radical Muslims.

"The last few hundreds years" was GySgt's quote...When were the Crusades?

And figure this out...Do you believe the Crusades were wrong? I do.

And I equally think the Islamic fundamentals are wrong. They are going through their "Crusading" period....

Whereas the rest of the world leapt into the 21st century, these happy campers are still of the 12th century mindset.

Navy Pride is now on my ignore list. I've never heard him say one thing that was remotely relevant, or that even bore the slightest hint of intelligence. I am amazed that his organs still function.

I know you have one that doesn't function...

And if I asked around, I'm sure I'd find out you have another one that doesn't function either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom