• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bryan Adams Cancels Mississippi Show Over State's 'Religious Freedom' Law

Actually, this is entirely the fault of LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ whack jobs suing to force people to serve them against their will, and contrary to freedom of religion. Not, "Mississippi foolishness". :roll:

So you say, the rest of us see state sanctioned discrimination. And the economic response tells us what Mississippi did to themselves.

I wonder if we can use this to get rid of liberals. Just keep passing laws that they hate and before long none of them will be around us. :D Maybe they will even figure out they belong in Europe along the way.

hey, why are you making me :lol:, did you know i needed it...thank you!

No I just thought...to paraphrase Jack Nicholson...this whole thread needed and enima.

It is one thing to argue about economic boycotts but Bryan Adams...wow.

well i believe in state powers, and the rights of people..association, commerce, and property

adams is trying to act an a collective, and i hate collectives who work to create or change law.

You have a reasonable point, problem is the history of state sponsored discrimination is well documented. I am not happy that we need these protections, but not shocked we have them.

I don't want to bake you a cake.

Ok, I'll sue.

Court rules in the favor of the customer.

Hmmm...

Again if you don't want to bake cakes for the public then make your bakery the McKinney/Henderson club for cakes. Write up some bylaws and keep a membership roll. Then you can tell those dirty effin gays to go to h****

i don't see the legislature crying, but regular people though sales and enjoying the concert mad.

all 14 of them.

nobody is going to cry over not seeing Bryan Adams...... and Bryan Adams canceling this show after going through with a show in Egypt screams hypocrisy, to me....and everyone else.

I think these cancellations are folly.. but jeez, the very least these guys can do is not be total hypocrites...

all 14 of them.

nobody is going to cry over not seeing Bryan Adams...... and Bryan Adams canceling this show after going through with a show in Egypt screams hypocrisy, to me....and everyone else.

I think these cancellations are folly.. but jeez, the very least these guys can do is not be total hypocrites...

Knowingly or not, you just equated Mississippi to Egypt.

You have a reasonable point, problem is the history of state sponsored discrimination is well documented. I am not happy that we need these protections, but not shocked we have them.

my point is individual citizens/ business have rights no matter if they are in business because they have a right to commerce, no one should ever be forced to serve another person by the power of government because they just don't like how he exercises his rights to commerce, property, or assocation

my point is individual citizens/ business have rights no matter if they are in business because they have a right to commerce, no one should ever be forces to serve another person by the power of government because they just don't like how he exercise his rights to commerce, property, or assocation

We seem to have some Constitutional question then. That does not match our current conditions.

all 14 of them.

collectives involved in law, GOD!, i cant stand them!

We seem to have some Constitutional question then. That does not match our current conditions.

it seems we live in an age, where people are always trying to force other people to accept what they want, and i don't believe in force, its repugnant to me,.

Knowingly or not, you just equated Mississippi to Egypt.

sorta kinda.

Bryan Adams boycotts Mississippi of anti-LGBT legalization... but performs in a country that is actually anti-lgbt...

Mississippi is a ultra liberal utopia compared to Egypt...

i will not being listening to him, but the reason is different then you think,

adams is using his fame and concert, to act as a collective power to change law, this would be the same if he used the same power to get a law made.

our federal government is bought and paid for because collectives lobby our government to get laws made in their interest, and this is no different

collectivism in law is an evil thing.

He's expressing his economic freedom and his freedom of speech.

What, do you want him to be more politically correct for you? Make sure he doesn't do anything to hurt your feelings?

Again if you don't want to bake cakes for the public then make your bakery the McKinney/Henderson club for cakes. Write up some bylaws and keep a membership roll. Then you can tell those dirty effin gays to go to h****

Why do I need to open a private club? What is the deal with liberals thinking they can force people to agree to a business license if they want to use their property as a business and then force them to pick between a club with a membership roll or a normal everyday business? Did you ever figure that perhaps people just have the right to pick who they wish to trade their property with?

I wonder how many liberals would be protesting if the US repealed anti-discrimination laws all together.

But we want to force people to serve us!

Yanno interestingly enough that is all to often how fans feel about their favorite celebrity.

What, do you want him to be more politically correct for you? Make sure he doesn't do anything to hurt your feelings?

I'd be cool if he just wasn't a hypocrite about the whole thing.

thats true, however he is using his name and the concert as a tool, to try to change law, the same as if he was trying to get a law made.

he acting as a self collective power on MISS law making, and collective law making is evil.

Why do I need to open a private club? What is this deal with liberals thinking they can force people to agree to a business license if they want to use their property as a business and then force them to pick between a club with a membership roll or a normal everyday business? Did you ever figure that perhaps people just have the right to pick who they wish to trade their property with?

Because you are opening your doors to the general public. What don't you get about that?

Because you are opening your doors to the general public. What don't you get about that?

What does allowing people to come into my store have to do with an obligation to trade with them?

my point is individual citizens/ business have rights no matter if they are in business because they have a right to commerce, no one should ever be forced to serve another person by the power of government because they just don't like how he exercises his rights to commerce, property, or assocation

But if Bryan Adams exercises the same right, he's acting as a collective?

But if Bryan Adams exercises the same right, he's acting as a collective?

i said this before, but i will repeat it.

adams using his fame and concert as collective to repeal a law, the same as trying to get a law created.

business are not being collective in law making by refusing someone a service.

Back
Top Bottom