• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING : Ukraine receives fighter planes, parts to bolster air force: Pentagon

I would go a step further and secretly fly unmarked A-10s, to destroy Russian armor. Unmarked, you know, like what Putin did when he invaded Crimea.
Makes a great S-400 target

All Putin has left to play now is threatening all out nuclear war. His land army is a joke and his navy has lost two major ships to a country with no navy. How incompetent do you have to be to be sacked in Russia?
There's concern there, though. Putin painted himself into a corner, and he's quite willing to go off the cliff.

A. It's really a defeatist attitude to assume that if aircraft enter Ukrainian airspace it would result in destruction of the aircraft. The U.S. has done it before without such results. I am sorry that you have such little faith in the American military.
B. Russia has already declared overt war and hasn't backed off after weighing the consequences. They invaded Crimea with soldiers without Russian markings and nobody said boo.
C. The U.S. can always deny that they were behind it. Putin isn't going to start WWIII and have his daughters die over such a matter.
D. Putin is betting that the West will always backdown from his threats. It's always worked before. The problem is the same as Chamberlin learned at the start of WWII, that appeasing an invader only encourages further invasion. Allowing Putin to annex countries will only lead to future annexations. At some point, he must be engaged. I am suggesting that the sooner the better. Destroy his invading force and sink his remaining ships in the Black Sea will result in Putin's overthrow.

It's clear from previous posts of yours that you are on the side of Russia and everything you wrote here reinforces that belief.

A) An A-10 is not designed to fight alone in contested airspace. It is slow, limited electronic warfare capacity, limited range, and incredibly visible. When we operated them in Iraq and Afghanistan it was while there were active SEAD and EWC operations, or those ops were already complete.
B) They are not at war with the United States.
C) It isn't going to be particularly deniable when there are pictures of A-10's flying around Ukraine, again which are only operated by the US. It makes it even harder when they start getting shot down with American pilots captured etc. Are you suggesting that the US should retaliate against a nation's leaders by killing their children?
D) The West already has. Lightweight sanctions. So, you just basically want to start WW3?

Like I said, this is exceptionally poorly thought out.

what Moscow kleptocracy has to do with Marxist ussr world empire ?
edit for you "Your last sentence describes exactly what the czar did during the Crimean war. His troops have been poorly trained, but there were millions of them , still the military might of the technically advanced Europeans eventually comprehensively WON

Crimea 1853 is a poor example; Russia was fighting an alliance of the Ottoman Empire, United Kingdom, France and Piedmont-Sardinia.

Crimea 1853 is a poor example; Russia was fighting an alliance of the Ottoman Empire, United Kingdom, France and Piedmont-Sardinia.

its a great example , I can recommend you a book . today the entire liberal order fight Moscow horde ! 0 chance for Moscow barabariens

whats about WW1 ? map from 1918​

Russia1918.png

its a great example , I can recommend you a book . today the entire liberal order fight Moscow horde ! 0 chance for Moscow barabariens

whats about WW1 ? map from 1918​

View attachment 67386625
What about it? Russia was militarily weak, poorly armed, industrially backward and unprepared for war.

I think we need to step back and acknowledge that Russia is not only a larger military, but that they are also ruthless. All they need to do is stand back and pour in the artillery. At any time, I think Russia could just say "To heck with it" and start to poor long range artillery into any city they want.

I think the largest positive that the Ukraine has is that our economic sanctions are tanking the Russian economy. If they can hold out long enough, that might get Putin to the bargaining table.

Underestimate your enemy at your own risk. I don't think that Russia has really gotten serious yet. When they do, the body bags are going to start piling up...

wrong, the Romanov (real surname Kobyla) empire has DIED IN 1917 , the Bolshevik gang =/= not "russia"

1) Moscow lost ww1 do you agree ?
No, Moscow withdrew from the war and immediately signed the Brest-Litovsk treaty with Germany.

you promote RT narrative (pobedobesie) , in reality Moscow empire has lost all wars from the middle of 19c. even WW2

View attachment 67386647
View attachment 67386648
View attachment 67386650

победобесие - Wiktionary

https://en.wiktionary.org › wiki › по...

· Translate this page

pobedobesie: the tragicomic attribute of Putinism, which consists in the inadequate scope and form of celebrating the Victory Day.
You're wrong. Soviet forces defeated Nazi Germany in Russia, and the defeat of the German 6th Army under Field Marshal Paulus at Stalingrad was a major turning point in the Second World War. You may not like it, but those are historical facts.

do you agree that pootin uses vlasov´s flag ? and represents Moscow empire more than marxist - ussr ?

Honestly I don't care what flag Putin uses. He illegally invaded and is waging a war of aggression against a sovereign nation; that's what matters, not a stupid piece of coloured cloth.

WHAT WE LEARNED FROM THE FIRST DAY OF moscow'S BIG DONBAS OFFENSIVE​

How does Ukraine's supply of fuel today compare to the supplies it possessed last February?
maxresdefault.jpg

"The Russians are grinding down the Ukrainians and they are doing it with flipped math. 200,000 guys are grinding down 600,000 guys.

"It’s one of the most amazing things.

"When this story is finally told, people are going to be stunned.

"All these people now are saying, 'Oh, the Russians, they are doing so poorly, the Russians this…'.

"Maybe they are.

"Maybe I’m getting this all wrong. But you know, I’ve studied military history,

"I think I know how to read a map, I think I know how to look at the balance of forces, I think I know how to study logistics and stuff, and I think I’m reading this right….This war is closer to being over than many people think."

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/202...on-russia-military-strategy-and-progress.html

I have difficulty believing that the Russians are grinding down Ukraine with 200,000 men vs 600,000.

Certainly the war so far does not support that notion.

However, the Russians are all in in Dombass in a desperate attempt to salvage anything they may be able to point to as a victory.

The fact that they committed nearly 2/3 of their battalion groups to the initial push and got mauled, suggest that it may be much tougher going than Ritter thinks it’s going to be.

This time, the Russians push is run by a butcher commanding a slapped together hoarde.

The Russians have done more with a lot less. But usually when their backs are against the wall.

Things have gone down hill quite a way since Trump named Rex Tillerson to be Secretary of State, and Flynn was telling Kislyak that Trump was going to do away with the Obama sanctions over Crimea!

What the golden horde 's Losses In Ukraine Could Mean For Putin And the golden horde​

Back
Top Bottom