• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING : Ukraine receives fighter planes, parts to bolster air force: Pentagon

I would go a step further and secretly fly unmarked A-10s, to destroy Russian armor. Unmarked, you know, like what Putin did when he invaded Crimea.
The US is the sole user of A 10's in the world; so unmarked or not, it would be pretty clear was responsible for chewing up Russian armor.

You're wrong. Soviet forces defeated Nazi Germany in Russia, and the defeat of the German 6th Army under Field Marshal Paulus at Stalingrad was a major turning point in the Second World War. You may not like it, but those are historical facts.

I believe it was the Russian winter that defeated the Germans just like napoleon

Last i heard, Russia's tank factories were at near-stand still due to lack of necessary parts because of sanctions.

Putin's not being able to get spare military parts from China is his Achilles heal. The Chinese are having difficulties of their own with that little virus they carelessly unleashed on the world.

The US is the sole user of A 10's in the world; so unmarked or not, it would be pretty clear was responsible for chewing up Russian armor.
So, what are they going to do about it — complain to the United Nations?
Putin likes to threaten nuclear war but he knows the actual thing is a losing strategy.

It is about time we call his bluff.

Putin's not being able to get spare military parts from China is his Achilles heal.
Then of course there is Russian weapons plants blowing up. That'll gum up the resupplying efforts.

So, what are they going to do about it — complain to the United Nations?
Putin likes to threaten nuclear war but he knows the actual thing is a losing strategy.

It is about time we call his bluff.
Damn straight!

Call it an "accident".

"We were holding war games and we accidently dropped real live ammo on your stuff. Oops!"

Then of course there is Russian weapons plants blowing up. That'll gum up the resupplying efforts.

Things blow up it's a fact of life. Look at all those nuclear sites that keep going tits up in Iran.

The fact that they committed nearly 2/3 of their battalion groups to the initial push and got mauled, suggest that it may be much tougher going than Ritter thinks it’s going to be.
Ritter's claimed that Russia used fewer missiles and artillery shells in the first four weeks of this conflict than the US used in the first 24 hours of shock and awe. He's claiming the assault of Kiev was a feint designed to hold Ukrainian forces in position long enough to knock out their fuel and arms depots. At this point the propaganda from all sides makes knowing what's happening virtually impossible; however, the fate of Mariupol appears sealed at least for the moment?

Call it an "accident".

"We were holding war games and we accidently dropped real live ammo on your stuff. Oops!"
I think we accidentally did that to the French Embassy in 1986.....:unsure:

I believe it was the Russian winter that defeated the Germans just like napoleon
Yes, it didn't help, but neither did Hitler demanding that Paulus stay put and not attempt a breakout from the rapidly encircling Soviets. Over 100,000 Germans were captured after Stalingrad. 6000 survived. We can blame everything from the weather, over-extended supply lines and Hitler's failed attempt at micro-management for Paulus' defeat. From that point onward the Nazis were in trouble and their eventual defeat was inevitable.

I would go a step further and secretly fly unmarked A-10s, to destroy Russian armor. Unmarked, you know, like what Putin did when he invaded Crimea.
more great news,

Putin´s empire has nothing to do with Marxist usst, why dont you want to talk about Moscow - Japan war ? which is much closer to our war ?

Because I'm not really interested in a war from over a century ago, nor why you think it's relevant in 2022.

Because I'm not really interested in a war from over a century ago, nor why you think it's relevant in 2022.
lol, you think that Nazi - commie (both empires have gone many years ago) battle is more relevant ?

1650749901362.png
Look I'm all for Ukraine and hope they kick Russia's ass back to Russia but I'm also aware we may be seeing an overly optimistic picture from the side of the Ukraines. I feel I'm getting a very biased view from the news. Don't you think it's odd we are only seeing Russian casualties and mostly equipment damage to Russians? When I look at the maps I don't feel as optimistic.

1) Apparently Ukraine is currently turning away volunteers without combat experience or skills - that nation's own civilian population, however, could actually "tip the balance" given the availability of weapons like the highly effective, ant-tank "Javelin" which don't require advanced training to "load" and "aim!"

2) An additional benefit would be to "free-up" the Ukrainian military to focus on those roles that do require more extensive training - operating "heavy equipment (artillery, tanks) that NATO is now providing, assembling-deploying military drones!

3) If the Russians had read their own history, they would have known that the German destruction of Stalingrad was counterproductive - destroying cities actually provides defenders with many added advantages:
- mobile sniper fire from all sides, targeting officers, demoralizing troops
- entrenched ambush positions
- close-quarter combat neutralizing an enemy's technological superiority
- streets filled with debris limiting tank mobility
- offensive responsibilities shifting to the infantry by default, dramatically increasing casualty rates

Back
Top Bottom