• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING : Ukraine receives fighter planes, parts to bolster air force: Pentagon

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
BREAKING : Ukraine receives fighter planes, parts to bolster air force: Pentagon

Finally!! the takeaway here should be, stop worrying about what pOOtin thinks, start making pOOtin worry about what WE think.
SO OUR strategy IS: USA sent in artillery and anti tanks while other nations provided anti air and also jets… now that’s done… the golden horde literally can’t fly around in helicopters without being shot out of the sky and artillery will be safe to fire on troops and tanks… the golden horde is now facing a foe 100 times stronger then in the beginning… some might say its a brand new war
with other words : Moscow , this what WAITS for YOU !

Russia1918.png

I would go a step further and secretly fly unmarked A-10s, to destroy Russian armor. Unmarked, you know, like what Putin did when he invaded Crimea.

1650486284614.png

MILITARY AIRCRAFT vs DRONES

1) military aircraft require a major investment in trained personal, maintenance, spare parts, fuel storage, etc to keep them operational

2) aircraft require airports - the Russians have already proven they're more than capable of targeting any and all parts of Ukraine

3) these are outdated MIGs, more susceptible to ground to air systems

5) military drones represent a far better options -

- cheaper - a bigger bang for the buck

- unmanned - expendable

- portable - ease of transport

- reconnaissance - more flexible, maneuverable, cost effective, replaceable

- no major commitments of trained personnel

- no stockpiles of equipment, fuel depots, etc

- difficult to defend against - small, mobile, evade detection, no advance warnings

- little training, maintenance required

- versatile - dozens of different military models for a multitude of purposes

- more difficult to be detected by radar - small, flying close to ground

- no fixed assets (airports) providing a target for missile attacks

- not perceived as a major escalation in the war

Last edited:
All Putin has left to play now is threatening all out nuclear war. His land army is a joke and his navy has lost two major ships to a country with no navy. How incompetent do you have to be to be sacked in Russia?

This is not new. This is just the first we've heard about. Lots of equipment moving in that isn't being advertised.

All Putin has to play now is threatening all out nuclear war. His land army is a joke and his navy has lost two major ships to a country with no navy. How incompetent do you have to be to be sacked in Russia?
His land army has been performing at less than expectations but they are not a joke. Underestimate your enemy at your peril. Conversely even though the Ukrainians have been performing above expectations we aren't getting the body counts and kit losses. I'm guessing they are paying a heavy toll. And keep in mind the Russian military is twice the size of Ukraines.

Putin will just keep sending in more and more troops and equipment and firing artillery, missiles, etc. incessantly. He could care less about his losses until he gets the job done.

His land army has been performing at less than expectations but they are not a joke. Underestimate your enemy at your peril. Conversely even though the Ukrainians have been performing above expectations we aren't getting the body counts and kit losses. I'm guessing they are paying a heavy toll. And keep in mind the Russian military is twice the size of Ukraines.

Putin will just keep sending in more and more troops and equipment and firing artillery, missiles, etc. incessantly. He could care less about his losses until he gets the job done.

I guessing Putin's tank factories are running at full capacity now and turning them out as fast as the Ukrainians can destroy them. How much longer do you think Putin can play this game? And do you think he'd really use nukes or is he just kidding us?

The Ukraine has exposed how spending money on surface combatants is a waste of money.

Run silent and run deep. Drones and missiles can take care of the rest.

Reactions: PoS
Ukraine has received spare parts for their fighter jets to bolster its air force, but not entire planes, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said on Wednesday, correcting his statement the day before , according to AFP.

"I understand that an offer from another country in the region to supply entire planes to Ukraine ... has been implemented. This is not the case," the Pentagon spokesman said. "I regret this mistake," he said.

and my recommendation to Litwin is to do what this man did so he can show us he lives by what he preaches daily.

All Putin has left to play now is threatening all out nuclear war.
yes, its a clear indication that Moscow LOST THIS WAR ALREADY .... and pootler knows it.

Run silent and run deep. Drones and missiles can take care of the rest.
your POST is 10 out of 10, this what moscow has asked many times, they call it "po-ponyatiyam"

I guessing Putin's tank factories are running at full capacity now and turning them out as fast as the Ukrainians can destroy them. How much longer do you think Putin can play this game? And do you think he'd really use nukes or is he just kidding us?
You're guessing as we all are, as we are not privy to real intelligence.

I have no idea if he would use real nukes. I do think it's not out of the realm of possibility he might use tactical nukes on the battlefield if he gets desperate. OTOH that seems to be a red line issued by NATO so hopefully that won't happen. I really don't think he wants to go full NATO unless he truly is crazy or terminally ill and feels he has nothing to lose.

SO OUR strategy IS: USA sent in artillery and anti tanks while other nations provided anti air and also jets… now that’s done… the golden horde literally can’t fly around in helicopters without being shot out of the sky and artillery will be safe to fire on troops and tanks… the golden horde is now facing a foe 100 times stronger then in the beginning… some might say its a brand new war
How does Ukraine's supply of fuel today compare to the supplies it possessed last February?
maxresdefault.jpg

"The Russians are grinding down the Ukrainians and they are doing it with flipped math. 200,000 guys are grinding down 600,000 guys.

"It’s one of the most amazing things.

"When this story is finally told, people are going to be stunned.

"All these people now are saying, 'Oh, the Russians, they are doing so poorly, the Russians this…'.

"Maybe they are.

"Maybe I’m getting this all wrong. But you know, I’ve studied military history,

"I think I know how to read a map, I think I know how to look at the balance of forces, I think I know how to study logistics and stuff, and I think I’m reading this right….This war is closer to being over than many people think."

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/202...on-russia-military-strategy-and-progress.html

You're guessing as we all are, as we are not privy to real intelligence.

I have no idea if he would use real nukes. I do think it's not out of the realm of possibility he might use tactical nukes on the battlefield if he gets desperate. OTOH that seems to be a red line issued by NATO so hopefully that won't happen. I really don't think he wants to go full NATO unless he truly is crazy or terminally ill and feels he has nothing to lose.

My mother always said crazy is as crazy does. Putin might be just crazy enough to do anything. He's painted himself into the proverbial corner has he not?

Donbas is lost along with the coastal region.
no, check out the maps. by the way "Run silent and run deep." is exactly what Biden does , i know you hate it , so what ? just get over it ...

My mother always said crazy is as crazy does. Putin might be just crazy enough to do anything. He's painted himself into the proverbial corner has he not?

Look I'm all for Ukraine and hope they kick Russia's ass back to Russia but I'm also aware we may be seeing an overly optimistic picture from the side of the Ukraines. I feel I'm getting a very biased view from the news. Don't you think it's odd we are only seeing Russian casualties and mostly equipment damage to Russians? When I look at the maps I don't feel as optimistic.

How does Ukraine's supply of fuel today compare to the supplies it possessed last February?
maxresdefault.jpg

"The Russians are grinding down the Ukrainians and they are doing it with flipped math. 200,000 guys are grinding down 600,000 guys.

"It’s one of the most amazing things.

"When this story is finally told, people are going to be stunned.

"All these people now are saying, 'Oh, the Russians, they are doing so poorly, the Russians this…'.

"Maybe they are.

"Maybe I’m getting this all wrong. But you know, I’ve studied military history,

"I think I know how to read a map, I think I know how to look at the balance of forces, I think I know how to study logistics and stuff, and I think I’m reading this right….This war is closer to being over than many people think."

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/202...on-russia-military-strategy-and-progress.html

you just posted a long useless text from a NOBODY , how is about the N1 military strategist Edward Luttwak?

Look I'm all for Ukraine and hope they kick Russia's ass back to Russia but I'm also aware we may be seeing an overly optimistic picture from the side of the Ukraines. I feel I'm getting a very biased view from the news. Don't you think it's odd we are only seeing Russian casualties and mostly equipment damage to Russians? When I look at the maps I don't feel as optimistic.

Russia was the one who invaded another country. Unless you take Putin's view that Ukraine was always part of Russia so he's validated in pounding them into rubble.

What are you talking about? There's tons of talk of the mass murder Russian soldiers are engaging in.

just more pressure on the logistic lines , Moscow still dont occupy any big city in Ukraine

Russia was the one who invaded another country. Unless you take Putin's view that Ukraine was always part of Russia.
How in the world did you get that from my post?
Of course Russia unjustly invaded a sovereign country.
And no I don't believe Putin has any legitimate claim on Ukraine.

What are you talking about? There's tons of talk of the mass murder Russian soldiers are engaging in.
I'm talking about the Ukrainian troops casualties numbers. Not being reported.

Back
Top Bottom