• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING : Ukraine receives fighter planes, parts to bolster air force: Pentagon

I'm talking about the Ukrainian troops casualties numbers. Not being reported.
why ´d they give this card to Moscow RT propagandacondoms ? still are aware of the fact that Ukraine has more troops than Moscow and than they have at the begging of this war ?

you just posted a long useless text from a NOBODY , how is about the N1 military strategist Edward Luttwak?
You mean this old war-whore?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Luttwak#Career

"In 1968, when he was 26 and working in London as a consultant for the oil industry, he published the book Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook, a pastiche of a military manual.

"The book explains in detail how to overthrow the government of a state, looking in particular at coups d'état on the African continent and in the Middle East.

"The spy fiction author John le Carré praised the book and compared Luttwak to Machiavelli. Luttwak graduated from the London School of Economics in 1969."

why ´d they give this card to Moscow RT propagandacondoms ? still are aware of the fact that Ukraine has more troops than Moscow and than they have at the begging of this war ?
I agree this is not something to broadcast but my point is not knowing while reporting Russia casualties gives a one sided image of the war. OTOH Deuce says it's being "Literally reported daily."
No idea what you mean by:
still are aware of the fact that Ukraine has more troops than Moscow and than they have at the begging of this war ?

Was always under the impression Russia's standing army is twice the size of Urkraine's.

I hear random ass references to Ukraine troop casualty estimates on like CNN pretty regularly. Of course, they're just estimates and sources differ, but that's also true of Russian casualty estimates.

Sounds like Mariupol is pretty darn close.
yes, a middle size " city " (98% of which destroyed ) Mariupol is holding occupiers for 50 + days , it has played its role , whats next goal for Moscow ?

I hear random ass references to Ukraine troop casualty estimates on like CNN pretty regularly. Of course, they're just estimates and sources differ, but that's also true of Russian casualty estimates.
I stand corrected then. I guess I need to watch CNN.

I stand corrected then. I guess I need to watch CNN.
Or just any news segment on "UKRAINE WAR UPDATE!!" I guess?

Although there's less of that these days, it seems. Our national attention span is reaaal short.

Was always under the impression Russia's standing army is twice the size of Urkraine's.
you are wrong, Ukrainian army is outgunned (heavy weapons) but it has more solders

Or just any news segment on "UKRAINE WAR UPDATE!!" I guess?

Although there's less of that these days, it seems. Our national attention span is reaaal short.
I guess I have just been watching the wrong stuff!

A little concerned about Germany and their vulnerability to Russian influence. It's very clear Germany doesn't want Ukraine to have heavy weapons, and it's probably not because they're afraid of a hot war with Russia. It's because they're afraid that Russia will end the war with Ukraine on its own terms and send their oil away from Europe, which leaves German center-left politicians a lot less wealthy than they were expecting to be -- no more Mediterranean coastal villas, I guess. I suspect that they secretly want the war to end so they can revive that Gazprom/Nord Stream 2 deal. Germany is going to be a problem post-Ukraine conflict as long as the NATO-skeptic SPD pansies are in command.

1650493484570.png

All Putin has left to play now is threatening all out nuclear war. His land army is a joke and his navy has lost two major ships to a country with no navy. How incompetent do you have to be to be sacked in Russia?

1) in 1939-40, without any formal declaration, the USSR, in its infinite wisdom, decided to invade Finland in what become known as "The Winter War" (1st Soviet-Finnish War)

2) Finland vs USSR, The Winter War (1939-40) - duration: 3 months, 1 week, 6 days
****************************************************************************************
- population - 3.5 million vs 170.5 million

- combatants - 300,000 vs 750,000

- tanks - 32 vs 2,514 to 6,541

- aircraft - 114 vs 3,880

- casualties - 70,000 vs 400,000 (former Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev estimated losses over a million)

- tanks lost - 20 to 30 vs 1,200 to 3,543

- aircraft lost - 62 vs 261 to 515

3) in 1939-40, Finland represented far less of an adversary than Ukraine (2022), despite making territorial concessions in the Moscow Peace Treaty (1940), the Finns retained their independence and humiliated the "vaunted" Soviet military on the world stage

4) the "unintended consequence" of the Soviet military "debacle" was that 15 months later Hitler unleashed "Operation Barbarossa" - based largely on the assumption that if the USSR's armed forces couldn't "steamroller" over Finland, they certainly were no match against what was arguably the most powerful military in the world

5) fast forward to 2022, Putin has failed to learn from Stalin's example in "the Winter War" that in the "high-stakes" world of geo-politics, a "SELF-INFLICTED" wound can trigger far greater "unintended consequences" - just as in 1939, Russia's neighbors are intently watching its supposed world-class armed forces "embarrassed" by Ukraine, a military "lightweight"

6) other nations, behind closed doors, are already calculating as how to use Putin's "unforced error" to their advantage

Last edited:
no, check out the maps. by the way "Run silent and run deep." is exactly what Biden does , i know you hate it , so what ? just get over it ...

Your maps don't mean squat..........................get over it. Putin is going to own the Donbas region.

View attachment 67386546

1) in 1939-40, without any formal declaration, the USSR, in its infinite wisdom, decided to invade Finland in what become known as "The Winter War" (1st Soviet-Finnish War)

2) Finland vs USSR, The Winter War (1939-40) - duration: 3 months, 1 week, 6 days
****************************************************************************************
- population - 3.5 million vs 170.5 million

- combatants - 300,000 vs 750,000

- tanks - 32 vs 2,514 to 6,541

- aircraft - 114 vs 3,880

- casualties - 70,000 vs 400,000 (former Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev estimated losses over a million)

- tanks lost - 20 to 30 vs 1,200 to 3,543

- aircraft lost - 62 vs 261 to 515

3) in 1939-40, Finland represented far less of an adversary than Ukraine (2022), despite making territorial concessions in the Moscow Peace Treaty (1940), the Finns retained their independence and humiliated the "vaunted" Soviet military on the world stage

4) the "unintended consequence" of the Soviet military "debacle" was that 15 months later Hitler unleashed "Operation Barbarossa" - based largely on the assumption that if the USSR's armed forces couldn't "steamroller" over Finland, they certainly were no match against what was arguably the most powerful military in the world

5) fast forward to 2022, Putin has failed to learn from Stalin's example in "the Winter War" that in the "high-stakes" world of geo-politics, a "SELF-INFLICTED" wound can trigger far greater "unintended consequences" - just as in 1939, Russia's neighbors are intently watching its supposed world-class armed forces "embarrassed" by Ukraine, a military "lightweight"

6) other nations, behind closed doors, are already calculating as how to use Putin's "unforced error" to their advantage

I hope you are right but there are some substantial differences between Finland and Ukraine.

1. Treacherous topography which gave the Fins an advantage.
2. The Russians had less sophisticated equipment than they do now.
3. Bitter cold vs. this time of year in Ukraine.

A little concerned about Germany and their vulnerability to Russian influence. It's very clear Germany doesn't want Ukraine to have heavy weapons, and it's probably not because they're afraid of a hot war with Russia. It's because they're afraid that Russia will end the war with Ukraine on its own terms and send their oil away from Europe, which leaves German center-left politicians a lot less wealthy than they were expecting to be -- no more Mediterranean coastal villas, I guess. I suspect that they secretly want the war to end so they can revive that Gazprom/Nord Stream 2 deal. Germany is going to be a problem post-Ukraine conflict as long as the NATO-skeptic SPD pansies are in command.

We'll just have to do a little shaming if it gets to that point. ;)

I guessing Putin's tank factories are running at full capacity now and turning them out as fast as the Ukrainians can destroy them.
Last i heard, Russia's tank factories were at near-stand still due to lack of necessary parts because of sanctions.

I'm talking about the Ukrainian troops casualties numbers. Not being reported.
I posted this yesterday:

This is not new. This is just the first we've heard about. Lots of equipment moving in that isn't being advertised.
I don’t know for sure, I’m just speculating, but I wouldn’t be surprised if U.S. Special Forces are in Ukraine. Killing Russian generals is exactly what they’d do. I think the count is 6, so far.

I posted this yesterday:

Unfortunately, probably tens of thousands of Ukrainian civilians have been killed and millions driven out of the country. Who's winning and who's losing depends on what scorecard you're using.

In Vietnam, we killed many more of the VC's than we lost but in the end, they broke our will to fight. It's obviously different in Ukraine because it's Ukraine that's defending its land, its people, and its future as an independent sovereign culture. It's fighting for everything, but Russia is also fighting for every scrap of Ukraine's land they can take and every nanometer of face they can save.

I don’t know for sure, I’m just speculating, but I wouldn’t be surprised if U.S. Special Forces are in Ukraine. Killing Russian generals is exactly what they’d do. I think the count is 6, so far.
Not sure I agree that killing Russian generals is their speciality. My dad as a Green Beret helped overthrow governments and kidnap high value officials, but never heard him talk about assassinating anyone. Ukraine has their own snipers. That said, you can bet they are there acting as advisors and have been for some time. I saw one article that said they have been there since 2015.

I take that back. There was a VC that was harassing villagers and collecting taxes. My dad waited for him, took him out and I ended up with his Chicom rifle.

Back
Top Bottom