• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING: All Senate Gun Control Proposals FAIL

When did I say that a person should get a longer sentence for that with a gun then a rapist? Do you just make **** up in general or are you confused?

That is what happens, so you get to defend your beloved regulations.

This is wild-wonder how the Obama regime will explain this

(from the OP article)

What’s interesting to note is that for a number of the amendments, which would have given the Democrats exactly what they were asking (blocking those on the “no fly” list from buying firearms) the vote was split along party lines with nearly every Republican voting in the affirmative, but the Democrats themselves blocked it from passing.

That's because the Cornyn amendment, for example, actually required some level of due process and the Dems just don't want to have to mess with all that Constitutional stuff.

Both of them were cucks and did not attack the media.

that sort of attitude is why we have Obama and two far left anti gun extremists on the supreme court-

Elizabeth Warren
@SenWarren
.@ChrisMurphyCT said it right: The @SenateGOP have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.

Sure sounds like she's gearing up for a VP position!!

that sort of attitude is why we have Obama and two far left anti gun extremists on the supreme court-

What did "being nice" get Mclame or Mittens? Not a damn thing.

Elizabeth Warren
@SenWarren
.@ChrisMurphyCT said it right: The @SenateGOP have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.

The Fake Indian spouting stupidity.

That's because the Cornyn amendment, for example, actually required some level of due process and the Dems just don't want to have to mess with all that Constitutional stuff.

true, the NRA supported a restriction as long as there was due process. Look-I note that if you are INDICTED that only means there is probable cause to believe you committed a crime-not proof that you are guilty. and that is sufficient to prevent you from owning a gun or buying one. One of the things that the Bannerrhoid politicians never explain is say you own ten guns legally. You are then put on the no-fly list. Can they charge you with a felony since you own guns? (like they can if you are convicted of a felony, or a DV misdemeanor) I doubt they can. But they want to be able to prevent you from buying a gun as long as you are on that list even though there is no disqualifying feature under the 68 GCA?

What did "being nice" get Mclame or Mittens? Not a damn thing.

we aren't talking about those two not bashing the liberal press. we are talking about assholes in their own party who wouldn't vote for them because of Romney's religion or McCain not being conservative enough. The fact was-he was far better a conservative than the empty suit who won the election because of conservative idiots who wouldn't vote

6973268.jpg

Old benny.

we aren't talking about those two not bashing the liberal press. we are talking about assholes in their own party who wouldn't vote for them because of Romney's religion or McCain not being conservative enough. The fact was-he was far better a conservative than the empty suit who won the election because of conservative idiots who wouldn't vote

It had nothing to do with them being weak, or being a RINO? They would have been better then Obama? Sure, but tried of weaklings who do not rule when they have power

Trump will win as he is better on the main issues, immigration/border, trade, National Security, etc.Moreover the is attack the media, killed the culture of P.C

Remember how that worked out for the GOP taking the Senate in the Presidential year of 2012?

Remember Senators Mourdock and Akin?

McConnell took care of the fringe right in the 2014 primaries.

Please continue to cannibalize the Cantors in your GOP.

What state are you from--I'm from RINO Kirk's state .

I'll say this, the two seats lost by the GOP in 2010 with far right candidates like Angle and Christine O'Donnell along with Mourdock and Aiken in 2012 are 4 seats the Republicans should have now. With any decent candidates the GOP would be holding a 58-42 majority going into November instead of 54-46.

Perhaps enough to avoid the Democrats taking control which in November I feel they are sure to do. The minority party in the senate has no power outside of the filibuster. I can't for the life of me understand how a person can feel proud to get rid of a senator who votes with you 90% for one who votes against you 90% of the time. It makes me wonder where political common sense has gone.

Either that or those folks wish is for the Republican Party to become a permanent minority party with no power whatsoever. Much like under FDR when the Democrats had a 333-89 majority in the house and a 75-19 major in the senate along with the White House.

Just dropped by on my thirdary site.

The Neo Con/Establishment is dying and they can not justify 50 years of failure.

Good thing you've got 24 of those GOP Senators you call Neo Con/Establishment to get rid of this Presidential term in your 'purity' test, compared to only ten DEMs .

I'll say this, the two seats lost by the GOP in 2010 with far right candidates like Angle and Christine O'Donnell along with Mourdock and Aiken in 2012 are 4 seats the Republicans should have now. With any decent candidates the GOP would be holding a 58-42 majority going into November instead of 54-46.

Perhaps enough to avoid the Democrats taking control which in November I feel they are sure to do. The minority party in the senate has no power outside of the filibuster. I can't for the life of me understand how a person can feel proud to get rid of a senator who votes with you 90% for one who votes against you 90% of the time. It makes me wonder where political common sense has gone.

Either that or those folks wish is for the Republican Party to become a permanent minority party with no power whatsoever. Much like under FDR when the Democrats had a 333-89 majority in the house and a 75-19 major in the senate along with the White House.

Angle won't be winning this time against Heck.

Just wondering how much trouble McCain could be in this time around in his PRIMARY .

That is what happens, so you get to defend your beloved regulations.

You have now delved into the incomprehensible... honestly, can you attempt to make some sense or is this what I can expect from you?

Good thing you've got 24 of those GOP Senators you call Neo Con/Establishment to get rid of this Presidential term in your 'purity' test, compared to only ten DEMs .

It will be David Brat all over again, we will win in the GE as well.

They should have picked up 6 those years, don't forget Colorado and Alaska.

So 4 pieces of legislation that would do nothing, were destined to fail, and whose own supporters had no belief in their actual passage failed. Where is the win OR lose in that?

Anti-gun leftists were desperate to pass SOMETHING. ANYTHING. And they are on camera admitting they would not have stopped ANY of the recent shootings. [video]http://www.mrctv.org/videos/abc-gets-senator-murphy-admit-gun-control-proposal-would-not-work[/video]

Nothing about this vote surprises me and it was completely expected to go just this very way. All reasonable people can hope for is a new Senate in January with a different result should reasonable gun bills come before them ....... which they will.

Why do you think Sen. Ayotte voted for Sen. Feinstein's amendment ?

Two reasons.

One, pressure from anti-gunners. She is dropping in the polls up here.
Two, to pave the way for Susan Collins' bipartisan proposal.

Like they did after Newtown? No, this is a solid win for the right as it proves the left never stops its blame of the 2nd Amendment and hates Due Process, the same for Neo Cons.

You give the uninformed populace too much credit. Which message is easier to push? Innocents died and Republicans did nothing? Or, Dems are playing politics?

The Dems can use it in their campaign ads all they want. They'll only convince the low info idiots. The rest of us know the truth behind this latest attempted gun grab.

Those low info idiots are 90% of the country.

Someone doesn't remember 1994.

That was pre mass shootings of children and domestic islamic terorrists. Its much easier now to illustrate to people why their rights should be taken away. And democrats are much more willing to lie to get it.

So 4 pieces of legislation that would do nothing, were destined to fail, and whose own supporters had no belief in their actual passage failed. Where is the win OR lose in that?

Anti-gun leftists were desperate to pass SOMETHING. ANYTHING. And they are on camera admitting they would not have stopped ANY of the recent shootings. [video]http://www.mrctv.org/videos/abc-gets-senator-murphy-admit-gun-control-proposal-would-not-work[/video]

Its a win for Dems because elections are about optics, not substance. Look at how the 'shutdown' was spun.

Back
Top Bottom