• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING: All Senate Gun Control Proposals FAIL

I didn't know it was a competition. The only ones who lost are the American people for thinking that those in DC are to represent all of us instead of playing games.

Yes you did. Why do you think we keep score? How many votes everyone gets, who has more seats. Life is competition. Politics is just one more game.

At home and abroad, one of the things America truly excels at is arming terrorists.

what you meant to say is since 57% of americans support a murder rifle ban republicans just pounded another nail in their coffin.

Murder rifle. Hahahaha.

Angle won't be winning this time against Heck.

Just wondering how much trouble McCain could be in this time around in his PRIMARY .

Word out of Arizona is around 300,000 new Hispanics have registered to vote since January. Most of them I suspect registered to vote against Trump, not necessarily McCain. In a June PPP poll Kirkpatrick has a two point lead on McCain.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/315391863/MoveOn-AZ-Survey-Results

If the Democrats had nominated any other candidate than Clinton I would give Arizona to the Democratic presidential candidate and Kirkpatrick the senate seat. As it is Arizona is a toss up between Clinton and Trump and McCain is a slight favorite to retain his seat.

They should have picked up 6 those years, don't forget Colorado and Alaska.

I agree. The Republicans have a habit of nominating bum candidates, the Democrats have learned a long time ago to nominate the best candidate that can win even if that candidates votes against their agenda 10-20% of the time. That senator counts in helping get a majority.

The Democrats have political common sense in spades, the Republicans are still searching to it.

Why did Democrats vote NO to the Republican proposals? I thought we had to do SOMETHING.

I agree. The Republicans have a habit of nominating bum candidates, the Democrats have learned a long time ago to nominate the best candidate that can win even if that candidates votes against their agenda 10-20% of the time. That senator counts in helping get a majority.

The Democrats have political common sense in spades, the Republicans are still searching to it.

DEMs Berkley and Carmona were flawed candidates in 2012.

With Flake crossing once yesterday and being so anti-trump, he could see a primary challenge in 2018 .

Word out of Arizona is around 300,000 new Hispanics have registered to vote since January. Most of them I suspect registered to vote against Trump, not necessarily McCain. In a June PPP poll Kirkpatrick has a two point lead on McCain.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/315391863/MoveOn-AZ-Survey-Results

If the Democrats had nominated any other candidate than Clinton I would give Arizona to the Democratic presidential candidate and Kirkpatrick the senate seat. As it is Arizona is a toss up between Clinton and Trump and McCain is a slight favorite to retain his seat.

As you're looking at the coat-tail effect of the Presidential on down-ballot races, I'm looking at the reverse coat-tail effect of so many GOP Senators up for reelection in crucial Purple POTUS states .

DEMs Berkley and Carmona were flawed candidates in 2012.

With Flake crossing once yesterday and being so anti-trump, he could see a primary challenge in 2018 .

Depends on how Trump does in Arizona in the general.

As you're looking at the coat-tail effect of the Presidential on down-ballot races, I'm looking at the reverse coat-tail effect of so many GOP Senators up for reelection in crucial Purple POTUS states .

You read my senate predictions. I think with Trump at the head of the ticket losing the senate is gonna happen. The question is will the Democrats pick up five, six, seven, eight seats. The GOP was behind the eight ball this election cycle with 24 seats up to just 10 for the Democrats even before they screwed up and nominated Trump.

You read my senate predictions. I think with Trump at the head of the ticket losing the senate is gonna happen. The question is will the Democrats pick up five, six, seven, eight seats. The GOP was behind the eight ball this election cycle with 24 seats up to just 10 for the Democrats even before they screwed up and nominated Trump.

By reverse coat-tail, I'm thinking the Senate races may actually affect the POTUS election in these crucial Purple states. That would seem to be the only GOP hope to me. Though we may see a lot of ticket-splitting and 3rd/4th party votes.

We'll see if McConnell's long game of denying Garland a hearing hurts GOP Senators. It appears he didn't want his caucus on record voting against Garland and was not confident of turning this election into a referendum on the 2A .

Greetings, Pero. :2wave:

To be fair, what choice do they have - he received the most votes! Do they go against the voters' choice - when we've all heard during our school years that "anyone can grow up to be President!" I think Hillary and Jeb were supposed to be our choices this year, and Bernie threw a monkey wrench into the Dem race, but I ADMIRE HIS GRIT for fighting for every vote he could get in spite of the deck stacked against him in the form of the super-delegates who were going to go for Hillary before the damn race even started! Is this America? As Alabama Paul used to say in disgust..."HARRUMPH! :mrgreen:

By reverse coat-tail, I'm thinking the Senate races may actually affect the POTUS election in these crucial Purple states. That would seem to be the only GOP hope to me. Though we may see a lot of ticket-splitting and 3rd/4th party votes.

We'll see if McConnell's long game of denying Garland a hearing hurts GOP Senators. It appears he didn't want his caucus on record voting against Garland and was not confident of turning this election into a referendum on the 2A .

Possible. There are some Republicans here in Georgia that plan on working hard and voting for Senator Johnny Isakson that don't give a hoot about Trump. They'll vote third party, their only interested in Isakson winning. If I remember right, when President Obama nominated Garland, Trump wasn't a sure thing. McConnell put all his eggs in one basket, winning the White House. I think they should have a vote at least. With 54 senators the GOP can easily vote him down. I told you about McConnell, him and Reid are cut from the same cloth.

What's happening today really isn't a second amendment fight. The Democrats want the president, his administration, his DOJ if you will to be able to put anyone on the no fly list without notification, without recourse, without a hearing, where you can't challenge being put on because the government won't let anyone know who is on the list. The Republicans want a hearing within 3 days giving those who are on the list a chance to appeal it. If this is included, then banning those on the no fly list from buying guns is no problem. But give the president total dictatorial power over who is or who isn't with no recourse at all for those who are is more of a 4th,5th and 6th Amendment challenge than a 2nd.

Greetings, Pero. :2wave:

To be fair, what choice do they have - he received the most votes! Do they go against the voters' choice - when we've all heard during our school years that "anyone can grow up to be President!" I think Hillary and Jeb were supposed to be our choices this year, and Bernie threw a monkey wrench into the Dem race, but I ADMIRE HIS GRIT for fighting for every vote he could get in spite of the deck stacked against him in the form of the super-delegates who were going to go for Hillary before the damn race even started! Is this America? As Alabama Paul used to say in disgust..."HARRUMPH! :mrgreen:

It is what it is. Trump won with 40% of the Republican primary vote which means 60% of Republicans wanted someone else. There is no denying Trump received the most votes and has the required delegates. Trump is the GOP nominee for good or bad. The Republican Party should leave it as that. Sink or swim with Trump. He will not get my vote, neither will Hillary. But is 40% the voters choice or is the 60% who voted against him the voters choice? Semantics for sure.

Trump is a plurality choice of the GOP, not a majority choice. Does it make a difference. Not really. But my pet peeve is when Trump supporters use the phrase, "Will of the People." Here the 40 and 60% comes into play. Is 40% the will of the people of is 60% the will of the people? But in the end, outside of being a pet peeve, it is all irrelevant.

What's happening today really isn't a second amendment fight. The Democrats want the president, his administration, his DOJ if you will to be able to put anyone on the no fly list without notification, without recourse, without a hearing, where you can't challenge being put on because the government won't let anyone know who is on the list. The Republicans want a hearing within 3 days giving those who are on the list a chance to appeal it. If this is included, then banning those on the no fly list from buying guns is no problem.

They are talking about depriving citizens of their 2nd amendment right without due process or the right to face their accuser? Who ever said liberals are fascists?

Why stop there can't we throw them into Guantanamo Bay while we are at it?

I was pretty clear. 90% of the country is clueless and votes based on what color or gender or party someone is.

Are you going on about that long-ago DEBUNKED gun control poll?

Back
Top Bottom