• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING: All Senate Gun Control Proposals FAIL

Ayotte is from NH.

It looks like Kirk from IL, Flake from AZ also caved on one or more of the votes.

Traitors to themselves and their phony causes.

No, gun nuts as you call us are not an issue at all. We do not punish innocent people for the crimes of others.

I didn't call you a gun nut. If you admit to being one that is your deal.

Gun nuts refuse to see that guns do need regulation... that it is important.

John McCainVerified account
‏@SenJohnMcCain
Disappointed Senate Dems blocked critical amdts to prevent terrorists from buying guns while upholding Constitution

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/745025311507648512

The Cornyn amendment at least addressed due process.

Looking at these votes it's really disturbing that amendments which outright violate basic principles of liberty have become party line issues.

I didn't call you a gun nut. If you admit to being one that is your deal.

Because they do not. We tried that and it only ends with more and more regulation.

You want to reduce crime? Reduce immigration and end the war on drugs and stop punishing people for moronic, fear based laws.

You have to make the point on way a person should get more time in prison then a rapist for a having a rifle or shotgun that is a few inches to short, for making a firearm quite, or for owning a machine gun that was made 30 days ago while owning the same damn machine gun that was made 30 years ago is perfectly legal.

You have to make that case on top of why law abiding people have to have their ability to defend themselves reduced based on the actions of the guilty and lawless.

The Cornyn amendment at least addressed due process.

Looking at these votes it's really disturbing that amendments which outright violate basic principles of liberty have become party line issues.

"We have to protect your rights by banning them...For your protecting".

I know who is running. I asked you who was going to win the primary since you predicted it.

Paul Ryan has nothing to do with Kelly Ayotte.

If they message it properly (attack gun rights and due process rather then limiting immigration, selling out rights for the lie of "security", etc) anyone but her. She is also a Establishment remember so that is two strikes off the bad.

I know, I just hate him with a passion.

Not a surprise but good to know. I understand that Ayotte voted with Democrats on at least one of the proposals but the roll call hasn't been posted yet.

No she didn't. the Republicans that voted with the democrats on Senate Amendment 4751 to amend Senate Amendment 4750 which is to amend House Bill 2758 are
Gardner - Colorado, Kirk - Illinois

This only the most recent action though. there were several other previous amendments to the Bill though. The bill itself is the Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016.

If they message it properly (attack gun rights and due process rather then limiting immigration, selling out rights for the lie of "security", etc) anyone but her. She is also a Establishment remember so that is two strikes off the bad.

I know, I just hate him with a passion.

So you're predicting her loss in the primary, based on "message" and "establishment".

60% of the Republicans who voted in the NH primary DIDN'T vote for Trump. 60% of the Republicans aren't losing their marbles over "establishment". 60% don't want any more Democrats in DC than the Trump supporters and the "anti-establishment" people are hell bent on sending there.

There is zero chance of Kelly Ayotte losing the primary, and sadly, every chance of her losing to the Democrat in the General Election. Guess how Maggie Hassan would vote on these bills?

So you're predicting her loss in the primary, based on "message" and "establishment".

60% of the Republicans who voted in the NH primary DIDN'T vote for Trump. 60% of the Republicans aren't losing their marbles over "establishment". 60% don't want any more Democrats in DC than the Trump supporters and the "anti-establishment" people are hell bent on sending there.

There is zero chance of Kelly Ayotte losing the primary, and sadly, every chance of her losing to the Democrat in the General Election. Guess how Maggie Hassan would vote on these bills?

But they are not the most likely voters which primaries always bring out. Not saying anything this far out.

Ayotte is from NH.

It looks like Kirk from IL, Flake from AZ also caved on one or more of the votes.

Just as you would find some DEM posters saying that four of their Senators caved on one or more of their votes--all from RED states--Manchin, Tester, Heitkamp, and Donnelly.

Ayotte and Kirk are doing wind-sprints away from trump's idiocy on guns and alcohol, as trump was slapped down by two NRA officials, including LaPierre, for being too pro-gun.

And for those lying about supporting Sanders but now trump, Sanders voted with his DEMs on all four amendments .

And now all the politicians can use this in their campaign ads. Dems win again.

The Dems can use it in their campaign ads all they want. They'll only convince the low info idiots. The rest of us know the truth behind this latest attempted gun grab.

Someone doesn't remember 1994.

A mid-term election in which a bill actually passed--neither of those is the case now.

Did you notice that GOP Senator Gardner also broke away from the herd ?

A mid-term election in which a bill actually passed--neither of those is the case now.

Did you notice that GOP Senator Gardner also broke away from the herd ?

And we will get him.

Way to down play the raping your side got.

There are plenty of laws regarding guns...except there is one i support:
I am in favor of a ban on guns fpr those on terrorist watch lists. However, the TWLs in their current form are flawed and need serious fixing (such as better due process & more reforming of the method on how an individual get's put on a TWL) before i'd support such a ban.

And we will get him.

Way to down play the raping your side got.

GOPs are good at cannibalizing themselves--congrats.

Keep thinking it's a mid-term election. Have you signed up for team trump yet?

Nice use of the 'rape' word. Did you support Akin and Mourdock in the last Presidential Senate elections ?

Back
Top Bottom