• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boys Who Like Pink Have Their Own Camp

Kids will tease and bully the boy if he shows up to school dressed like a girl and there is no doubt about this. It's effectively cutting off his chances of being socially accepted by his peers and is a guaranteed way to make his life a living hell.

Unless of course he finds other kids who share his interests. That's pretty much the formula for social acceptance.

If they want to have a camp for cross dressing boys, that's fine. BOYS. Not toddlers. Frankly, 2 and 3 year olds are gonna wear what ever osh kosh or baby gap crap you buy them, boy or girl.

If you are having your 3 year old pick out their clothes at the store, there isn't something wrong with them...there's something wrong with YOU.

th

Unless of course he finds other kids who share his interests. That's pretty much the formula for social acceptance.

So he gets to hang out with the rejects just like him. How nice. We couldn't just say "let's set you up for success, could we? Nah..lets make sure he is teased and perhaps even bullied, and hey, if he is lucky he will get to hang out with other rejects just like him. I bet when he gets older he will find so many girls that want to date a dude that dresses like a chick. I don't imagine this will add any sort of problem in that area, nope.

I know grown 40 year old men who play Dungeons and Dragons. Just because there are more than one of them doesn't mean it's "social acceptance".

That's like saying NAMBLA is "socially acceptable" because men find others who "share their interests".

I know grown 40 year old men who play Dungeons and Dragons. Just because there are more than one of them doesn't mean it's "social acceptance".

That's like saying NAMBLA is "socially acceptable" because men find others who "share their interests".

Great, so now we're comparing child molesters to kids in dresses. Awesome.

So he gets to hang out with the rejects just like him. How nice. We couldn't just say "let's set you up for success, could we? Nah..lets make sure he is teased and perhaps even bullied, and hey, if he is lucky he will get to hang out with other rejects just like him. I bet when he gets older he will find so many girls that want to date a dude that dresses like a chick. I don't imagine this will add any sort of problem in that area, nope.

I don't know how it works where you live, but where I'm from who you hang out with as a kid has as much to do with your adult successes as being called a tomboy is an insult. You're supposed to explore and learn and push the limits when you're young, that's what young people do. They've got the rest of their lives to conform and baa and be somebody they aren't, why not let them experiment when they're young enough that it won't have an impact on their adult professional lives?

I really wish I had a time machine. It would be hilariously to watch a bunch of pudgy white guys who debate politics on the internet telling an ancient Egyptian warrior who wears nothing but a skirt, eyeliner and blood of his enemies how he looks like a woman.

I don't know how it works where you live, but where I'm from who you hang out with as a kid has as much to do with your adult successes as being called a tomboy is an insult. You're supposed to explore and learn and push the limits when you're young, that's what young people do. They've got the rest of their lives to conform and baa and be somebody they aren't, why not let them experiment when they're young enough that it won't have an impact on their adult professional lives?

Yeah, that sounds wonderful, don't it? Here's the problem, when you spend younger years getting teased, bullied and probably beaten up for dressing like a girl it could very well have an effect on you as you grow older and could shape how you interact with the world around you. We aren't going to eliminate bullying or teasing in the human condition and regardless of what you think about experimenting and being your own person it comes with a cost and if you're going to look different or act differently you better damn well know what that cost is before you go in and pay it.

Yeah, that sounds wonderful, don't it? Here's the problem, when you spend younger years getting teased, bullied and probably beaten up for dressing like a girl it could very well have an effect on you as you grow older and could shape how you interact with the world around you. We aren't going to eliminate bullying or teasing in the human condition and regardless of what you think about experimenting and being your own person it comes with a cost and if you're going to look different or act differently you better damn well know what that cost is before you go in and pay it.

I spent my younger years getting teased, bullied and beaten up because my head was wired differently than everybody else's. Most of how I learned how to behave was from not doing things other people did, because most of the kids I grew up with were assholes to people who were different from them. Why would I want to be friends with them, do the things they did, go the places they went?

My job, the loves of my life, my outlook on the rest of the world, and many of the life experiences I've had were a direct product of two things: having a family that supported me even though they didn't understand me and not doing the things I was "supposed" to do.

You're looking at the "cost" of not fitting in, but I've lived the benefits. How about the cost of not being who you are, just so that a bunch of other people who are not being who they are will accept you?

First, who gives a crap what clothes someone wears? Seriously, how is that a problem for anyone?

Second, that the OP considers femininity degrading says pretty much everything you need to know.

When did men in this country become such chickens that they have to be so afraid of women?

Second, that the OP considers femininity degrading says pretty much everything you need to know.

Femininity in men is seen as a negative and has been for centuries in country after country. Promoting certain traits in the sexes to strengthen the species has been practiced since the beginning.

First, who gives a crap what clothes someone wears? Seriously, how is that a problem for anyone?

When did men in this country become such chickens that they have to be so afraid of women?

Aw heck, that's been going on for a long time. Just look at the earlier days of monotheism. :)

Why should people not be afraid when people are allowed to pervert children?

The people doing this should be flogged.

I agree and think this is sad and does represent the state of the United States today.

Dont confuse disgust for fear.

You mean the comment that male kids dressing in primarily-girl's clothing is destroying America; that it was a form of genocide is merely disgust?

Excuse me while I laugh.

You mean the comment that male kids dressing in primarily-girl's clothing is destroying America; that it was a form of genocide is merely disgust?

Excuse me while I laugh.
Laugh all you want, I am probably older than you. So you can live through Americas downfall, not me.

Laugh all you want, I am probably older than you. So you can live through Americas downfall, not me.

I may not be that old, but I can still laugh at an older man who doesn't know his United States history very well.

Femininity in men is seen as a negative and has been for centuries in country after country. Promoting certain traits in the sexes to strengthen the species has been practiced since the beginning.

So has burning living children as a sacrifice to angry gods. Tradition doesn't mean good idea.

What history are we talking there sonny.

That the downfall of America, in part, rests upon whether or not gender-bending remains a series of isolated incidents. For one thing, gender norms shifted throughout our history. In another, a number of Indian societies had the berdache.

That the downfall of America, in part, rests upon whether or not gender-bending remains a series of isolated incidents. For one thing, gender norms shifted throughout our history. In another, a number of Indian societies had the berdache.

Whoopdie friggen do.

Whoopdie friggen do.

That's exactly my thought. I thought, "Oh, well, good for those kids....and how is this going to be the downfall of the U.S.?" But no, you and the OP warned that the end was neigh and that this was just wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom