• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boys Who Like Pink Have Their Own Camp

I know its old fashioned, but you raise boys to be men and girls to be women.

The sad thing is when these people raise their boys to be girls they are shocked when he is bullied in school. Surprise?

The sad thing is when these people raise their boys to be girls they are shocked when he is bullied in school. Surprise?
Yea right, and "how dare you judge my son" for wearing a dress. hahahaha

I think that sending them to a camp for this type of activity is like brainwashing. There's no problem with playing "dress up" every so often, but people need to know the difference between fantasy and reality.

Yea right, and "how dare you judge my son" for wearing a dress. hahahaha

I love how my generation wants to change everything about how people behave and shows absolutely no understanding of how it developed to this point over time. Could it be that there is a reason that there is common trend throughout the world when it comes to how people behave? Nah, couldn't be. It's probably just sexism or something, yeah, that is it. What a bunch of ****ing idiots.

I know its old fashioned, but you raise boys to be men and girls to be women.

It's only the idea of boys cross dressing that bothers people. Nobody bats an eye when a girl dresses like a boy. They just shrug and call her a tomboy. It's a bit of a double standard in society and it's unfair to boys.

It's only the idea of boys cross dressing that bothers people. Nobody bats an eye when a girl dresses like a boy. They just shrug and call her a tomboy. It's a bit of a double standard in society and it's unfair to boys.

Tomboy is an insult. Just sayin'.

I think that sending them to a camp for this type of activity is like brainwashing. There's no problem with playing "dress up" every so often, but people need to know the difference between fantasy and reality.

It's only for 4 days every summer. How bad can it be? It's no worse than sending them to Jesus camp.

Women being the fairer sex we tend to give them alittle more leeway.

I wear pink all the time. And I'm manly as hell.

I wear pink all the time. And I'm manly as hell.

I wear pink too. And it looks good on me. The ladies compliment how well it looks with my basic skin color. This however has nothing to do with cross dressing, lol.

This is so wrong and incredibly damaging. I'm shocked at how perverted and sick society is becoming.

Bullies look for any excuse they can find to bully. It isn't about the target, it's about the bullies -- what they come home to and how they see themselves.

This is so wrong and incredibly damaging. I'm shocked at how perverted and sick society is becoming.

You use much stronger language than me. I do however agree it is just so stupid it is beyond me.

Even if these camps are actively encouraging kids to dress in a way that they wouldn't have, how is this any different from religious education (especially the summertime, day-program variety), "Jesus camp," or the Boy Scouts?

Bullies look for any excuse they can find to bully. It isn't about the target, it's about the bullies -- what they come home to and how they see themselves.

Kids will tease and bully the boy if he shows up to school dressed like a girl and there is no doubt about this. It's effectively cutting off his chances of being socially accepted by his peers and is a guaranteed way to make his life a living hell.

Women being the fairer sex we tend to give them alittle more leeway.

I don't think it's that so much as what society has decided is acceptable attire for each gender. Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, there was a time when both genders wore skirts. In some parts of the world, they still do. Then men started wearing pants and women fought for their right to do the same. It's just clothes. They don't make the man. Or woman.

Back
Top Bottom