• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bottom Line - A Trump Win Will Be The End Of Our Country

Either way, we are on the road to destruction. At least under Biden, the riots may end. Under Trump they will triple and so far, he has been totally incompetent to solve.
Your side is rioting, looting, arson .... threatening to impeach the Presiden for exercising his Constitutional duty and you predict it's the President that will destroy the country? OK

Hmmm. Perhaps I'm missing something, but is has been the left that has been expressing their anger by protesting, rioting, looting, arson ... for the past four months.
BLM has been protesting, that part of your comment is a fact. Another fact is that outside agitators such as Antifa, Proud Boys and other anti-government instigators have seized upon the opportunity to step in and create chaos, loot and burn.

Bottom line. A Trump win in November and a second term will mean the end of our country.

There is nothing that will stop Trump from taking over the country if he wins a second term. He will do everything to destroy the Constitution as he will want to have a third and a fourth term. Health care for those with pre-existing conditions will vanish..........and by the way, everyone that catches the virus will have a pre-existing and will not be able to get health insurance under the Trump administration if he gets rid of Obamacare, which he will do if he wins.

By the way, he has promised a new health care plan for months now and nothing has been announced. In the first week of August, he stated a new health care plan would be unveiled in the next 2 weeks and it has now been 6 weeks and nothing has come out

I agree, it will absolutely be the end of the country if Trump steals the election. Once I retire, I will be leaving the country if Trump is still president passed January 2021.

I agree, it will absolutely be the end of the country if Trump steals the election. Once I retire, I will be leaving the country if Trump is still president passed January 2021.
My son left the country in 2015 when it looked as though Russia was helping Trump to win. My husband will never leave the country, but if by unfortunate circumstance he dies before I do, I will be leaving to live in British Colombia.

Did you expect us all to vaporize? No, that's not how that works. I'll tell you how our country is losing our democracy. Trump has exposed a lot of issues within the States. An anti-intellectual segment of the population that has a huge amount of anger, and that feels disenfranchised, even when their own guy is in the Oval Office. The right feels that the United States is under attack from people who want to change it - not recognizing that change and growth are built into the very foundations of this country. The United States isn’t a conservative, regressive nation, it is, and always has been a liberal one. Obtaining independence and establishing a democratic nation on constitutional foundations was a liberal act. Ending slavery was a liberal act. The Civil Rights movement, a liberal act. Voting rights for women and people of color, a liberal act.

Unfortunately, what we’re seeing now is that the Civil War never really ended, it just moved from the battlefield and into politics, on an ideological front. The whole “One Nation Under God” is really two nations: one, liberal and progressive, the other, conservative and regressive, one that prefers a ‘Golden Age’ of America that never really existed, but they believe it did and that it would again if it weren't for liberal, immigrants, non-Christians, foreigners and a whole list of other people.

We’re seeing that split more clearly now than we did during the Civil War. We see one group desiring an authoritarian state, one strong individual in control, a Christian nation where abortion and LGBTQ are limited or outlawed, where the strength of the nation is built upon her military might and her ability to limit who may and may not be called American. It’s evident enough that they think this country should be one of white privilege and supremacy, and there’s clearly some desire to see black Americans relegated to the same status as immigrants and other foreigners, useful, but not really Americans.
Our country lost our democracy when the Obama deep state formed an insurance policy against Trump in case Hillary lost and executed it, up to and including impeaching Trump with no evidence. We will further lose our democracy if Trump appoints a justice confirmed by the Senate (all within their legal and constitutional rights) and then Biden wins and flips the Senate and then they vote to increase the number of seats on the Supreme Court to give them the edge. That's losing our democracy.

Bottom line. A Trump win in November and a second term will mean the end of our country.

There is nothing that will stop Trump from taking over the country if he wins a second term. He will do everything to destroy the Constitution as he will want to have a third and a fourth term. Health care for those with pre-existing conditions will vanish..........and by the way, everyone that catches the virus will have a pre-existing and will not be able to get health insurance under the Trump administration if he gets rid of Obamacare, which he will do if he wins.

By the way, he has promised a new health care plan for months now and nothing has been announced. In the first week of August, he stated a new health care plan would be unveiled in the next 2 weeks and it has now been 6 weeks and nothing has come out

I agree that we've NEVER faced, as a Nation, a more serious threat than Donald J. Trump. But, we surived a Civil and Wars 1 & 2, Water-Gate, Iran-Contra and the Federal Reserve (for over 100 years). Then again, we've never been this divided, as a nation, before.

I have no delusions that Joe Biden can fix ALL that divides us but I FIRMLY believe he can bring about the healing, overcome the division and reestablish normal relations with our allies and those that want to destroy U.S.

Donald Trump will, without doubt further divide U.S., continue to destroy our alliances and try to complete the plutocrat goal of complete controll or our Nation by installing himself as permanent president and undermining OUR Constitutions divison of powers and limits on those divisons.

I hate to say it, Lucky but I think you're right. We've never had a President as self-aggrandizing, selfish, narcissistic, and pure criminal as Trump. The funny thing is the joke will be on his supporters when it comes time for them to get insured and find they cannot get any healthcare because of pre-existing conditions, or Social Security when Trump shuts it down, or a job when the economy crashes and Trump hops his jet and absconds to Argentina with his ill-gotten loot leaving the USA in a lurch to dig out of all the rubble he has left behind.

Our country lost our democracy when the Obama deep state formed an insurance policy against Trump in case Hillary lost and executed it, up to and including impeaching Trump with no evidence. We will further lose our democracy if Trump appoints a justice confirmed by the Senate (all within their legal and constitutional rights) and then Biden wins and flips the Senate and then they vote to increase the number of seats on the Supreme Court to give them the edge. That's losing our democracy.
You're delusional. Nothing of the sort ever happened.

Its the Democrats who are saying that if they don't get what they want they will end the filibuster, pack the courts, admit states, maybe even abolish the electoral college.
All the Republicans are saying is that they will nominate somebody to fill a vacancy on the court and that Trump should be re-elected.
By any objective standard it would seem its the Democrats are seeking to "take over the country"-- and refashion the system so they don't loose again.
QAon on your side is promising mass shootings if Trump, their leader, loses. Trumpers are going to start a civil war. There are a handful of normal republicans out there but 1/2 of them are voting for Biden. I mean, I think both sides are up to going nuts in election week. I think I'll load up on food and lock my doors. lol

On the upside, I only have 25 years to live, maybe 30, tops. Hell, at my age, there's even a good chance that I won't make it more than ten.

I'm luckier than you. I have only maybe 5-10 years left, and enough money in the bank to get me though in comfort. Once I kick the bucket I'm done with this miscreant President and the stench he leaves behind everywhere he goes.

That, frankly, SHOULD concern the Democrats. If their platform is really "Vote Biden or we'll burn down the ****ing country!" that's a problem.
It is no more problem than Trump calling the Democrats enemies of the people. Trump has turned the split between parties and it is now a war. What did he (an you) expect the Democrats to do, bend over? If you start a war, you better be ready to fight.

Your side is rioting, looting, arson .... threatening to impeach the Presiden for exercising his Constitutional duty and you predict it's the President that will destroy the country? OK
Our side is rioting and looting "because" Trump is not defending justice as he vowed to do. What did you expect? the people to bend over and take it. If you start a war, don't complain about the people dying.

How come all the leftists haven’t moved to Canada or elsewhere yet? Lmfao

Are you kidding?????? Canada doesn't want Americans within 25 miles of their border, and who can blame them? They haven't had a COVID death in 9 days. We have roughly 1200 every day. You really think they want no-good Americans dirtying up their neighborhoods? lmfao

I hate to say it, Lucky but I think you're right. We've never had a President as self-aggrandizing, selfish, narcissistic, and pure criminal as Trump. The funny thing is the joke will be on his supporters when it comes time for them to get insured and find they cannot get any healthcare because of pre-existing conditions, or Social Security when Trump shuts it down, or a job when the economy crashes and Trump hops his jet and absconds to Argentina with his ill-gotten loot leaving the USA in a lurch to dig out of all the rubble he has left behind.
In the long run, every single Republican will regret it if Trump wins. Trump is only interested in Trump and they will wake up and realize it when they all have lost control of the country when they want to make changes and Trump says, only if it is done my way and only if it is done for my benefit.

Why should you be forced to pick up his tab? And why only for health insurance? Why not car insurance for his car and the one the rest of his family uses?
And everyone needs a break once in a while so why not for a couple of weeks at their favorite family getaway spot.

Thank God I'm on Medicare. It will take Trump longer to obliterate Medicare than Obamacare. By the time he does get around to it I'll be dead.

Our side is rioting and looting "because" Trump is not defending justice as he vowed to do. What did you expect? the people to bend over and take it. If you start a war, don't complain about the people dying.
Absolutely no idea what you mean by "defending justice." If you mean blacks getting shot by cops, the numbers are half of what they were under Obama. It's not like the President has any control over local cops. But you guys take it on yourselves to riot and loot and burn. Makes no sense to the rest of us. If you didn't do it when Obama was president, why are you doing it now, that the numbers have improved 100%

Absolutely no idea what you mean by "defending justice." If you mean blacks getting shot by cops, the numbers are half of what they were under Obama. It's not like the President has any control over local cops. But you guys take it on yourselves to riot and loot and burn. Makes no sense to the rest of us. If you didn't do it when Obama was president, why are you doing it now, that the numbers have improved 100%

This is not so much about control but about standing up for what is right.

Trump does not stand up and defend justice in the way he can.............vocally. He actually supports injustice. He is supposed to be the hero that stands for right against wrong and yet he is the one that is applauding power and strength and not defending those that cannot defend themselves, such as Floyd.

He should be the symbol for what the United States stands for and yet he is a symbol for what garbage means. He does not support the best in us, but the worst in us.

The left and the Democrats are in for a hard landing 3-Nov. They are going to be rejected harshly
In what world are you referring to? I see just the opposite happening. You all are in for the hard landing.

This is not so much about control but about standing up for what is right.

Trump does not stand up and defend justice in the way he can.............vocally. He actually supports injustice. He is supposed to be the hero that stands for right against wrong and yet he is the one that is applauding power and strength and not defending those that cannot defend themselves, such as Floyd.

He should be the symbol for what the United States stands for and yet he is a symbol for what garbage means. He does not support the best in us, but the worst in us.
Got it. So you think his push for and passage of the First Step Act was horrible garbage? I think there are lot of folks getting of prison that would disagree with you. How about his Executive order incentivizing police reform? Garbage?

Huh? I thought it was because Police forces in cities run by Democrats for decades were shooting Black people.

It's because of Trump? Seriously, you need to get your messaging a little more coherent, because all I hear about is this police killing Black people thing.

I don't believe it will be the end of our country. We've persevered through worse. He's a shitty person and a shitty president. He's inspired the worst in Americans to come out. But......over time America will show it's better than this. And in time Trump and his bootlickers will be relegated to the dumpster fire of history. If anything this is marking the beginning of the end of the Republican Party. Which is absolutely the best thing that could happen to America.
I don’t think it will be the end of the country or of the GOP. Trump will cause damage to the environment and make things tougher for working people, immigrants, etc. But there will be push back as people use the streets and courts to fight the worst of what he tries. The GOP recovered from Nixon. It can recover from Trump.

I don’t think it will be the end of the country or of the GOP. Trump will cause damage to the environment and make things tougher for working people, immigrants, etc. But there will be push back as people use the streets and courts to fight the worst of what he tries. The GOP recovered from Nixon. It can recover from Trump.
We will be just one more failed democracy and slide into autocracy. If anyone believes that could possibly be a good thing, they're sadly mistaken.

He put kids in cages!!!!111

Yeah, sure the pictures of kids in cages we got riled up about are from the Obama administration, but I'm pretty sure Trump was literally Hitler when he did it!@@@
It was more than simply putting kids in cages and you know it.

Back
Top Bottom