• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border agents routinely used tear gas during Obama administration

Of course people cared. Thanks for trying. But you could hardly get more apples and oranges than comparing this to gassing five-year-old girls after closing the border to deny them their right to apply for asylum.

In Obama's second term as President tear gas was used 79 times on the border.....How many times have you heard anything about it? No one cared. This is nothing but another episode of orange man bad by the media.

Lol, Bush is labeled a war criminal for the 2 wars he started and yet Obama routinely bombed 7 different countries during his tenure as President. Acting as if there isn't a double standard in the coverage one receives is rather ridiculous.

You very well could be right, though I don't think the media has anything to do with it.

I think a lot of people will think again when the subject of busting through the border comes up in their camp. They won't want to get CS'd. They won't want to end up like the mother who impaled herself on some rebar while trying to climb the wall.

And then there's this...a small number, so far, are opting to stay in Mexico or take Mexico up on an offer for help in returning to their home countries.

Trump showed them he means what he says.
In my humble opinion I think the media is his unintentional accomplice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If Obama's border patrol never gassed children, then clearly they didn't gas them whenever the parents put them in harm's way.

So far, it's Trump 1 and Obama 0 on the evidence of gassing children at the border.
Just because you haven't found it yet doesn't mean it did not happen . That's ridiculous :lol:

There is a very easy way to stop the gassing of kids. There parents should keep them a 1/4 mile away from the border until their asylum application can be processed.

Just because you haven't found it yet doesn't mean it did not happen . That's ridiculous :lol:

It's ridiculous to make the allegation that Obama did it, when you have no evidence and you're just trying to make him sound as bad as Trump.

No matter how hard you try, you can't make Obama sound as bad as Trump. Obama has a soul, a brain and a heart. Trump gets mad when the courts attempt to stop him from torturing children.

It's ridiculous to make the allegation that Obama did it, when you have no evidence and you're just trying to make him sound as bad as Trump.

No matter how hard you try, you can't make Obama sound as bad as Trump. Obama has a soul, a brain and a heart. Trump gets mad when the courts attempt to stop him from torturing children.

If the media doesn't tell you something happened...did it happen or not?

I'd prefer the border hadn't been shut, and that we'd let them enter and process their asylum requests.

Then we wouldn't "need" teargas.

Yet, Clinton and Janet Reno murdered 77 children at Waco, Texas and no one batted an eye. Let's not forget the saga of Elian Gonzales in Florida when he was wrenched at gun point from his foster parents, relatives no less, and returned to communist Cuba. Note the following picture:

46751195_2542001815816399_925730563715760128_n.jpg
[/IMG]

How many times did Obama's border patrol gas children?

The funny thing is, we wouldn't have any idea. The media never felt the need to report about it while Obama was president for some reason I just can't figure out (sarcasm).

I would just about guarantee that if illegal immigrants were rushing the border and (apparently) throwing kids and mom's upfront, it would have been a lot.

The VAST majority are not asylum seekers. That is a ruse. They knew before they took one step on their journey that they did not qualify.

Avoiding the point of the post and pretending you have background info on all the people seeking asylum? May I ask how you have all thier histories?

Yet at any point in time, Obama could have stopped the use of tear gas, pepper spray and deadly force, ALL of which was used to combat individuals or groups throwing projectiles at border agents.
Yeah, people were shot for throwing rocks under Obama.

Still not answering the question.

Avoiding the point of the post and pretending you have background info on all the people seeking asylum? May I ask how you have all thier histories?

The vast majority do not qualify for asylum. You know this to be true so why even try to debate it?

You posters that have a problem with tear gas being used on a group of migrants that force their way into the country, would you rather live ammunition be used?

I don't understand your complaint here.

So the Obama administration reduced the use of tear gas year over year while the Trump administration has increased it, year over year.

Interesting.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Hey, what are you doing? That's not the narrative, quit using logic!

Hey, what are you doing? That's not the narrative, quit using logic!
Jack shows the Obama administration gradually reducing its use of chemicals in general at the border, and the Trump administration increasing it. He tries to draw a hypocrisy argument, and won't say whether using more chemicals at the border is a generally good thing.

How ironic that a right winger would endorse (if that's not what Jack is doing he can come say so himself) using more chemicals against perceived enemies of the state when our policy seems to have reduced it before.

I wonder where we have seen that before?

:)

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Evidence has been posted here many times here is just one more for you :

“The same tear-gas agent that the Trump administration is taking heat for deploying against a border mob this weekend is actually used fairly frequently — including more than once a month during the later years of President Barack Obama’s administration, according to Homeland Security data. U.S. Customs and Border Protection has used 2-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile, or CS, since 2010, and deployed it 26 times in fiscal 2012 and 27 times in 2013. The use dropped after that, but was still deployed three times in 2016, Mr. Obama’s final full year in office.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/26/obama-administration-used-tear-gas-border-once-mon/

Another stat is "Obama’s border patrol also regularly deployed pepper spray – 151 times in 2013 alone – compared to 43 occurrences under Trump in 2018."

It would stand to logic that then, as now, they had some children present. Also just as now I would assume that to be a minority of presence..

If you think Obama was so kind to migrants and children who crossed illegally I suggest you do some searching on that subject and after looking at Obama's caged children and other examples, tell us again how Obama had a soul, a brain and a heart dealing with border crossers. Plus he was labeled "deporter-in-chief" for a reason.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bo...as-during-obama-administration-dhs-data-shows

But wait! There's more...

It would appear that President Trump is on pace to shatter Obama's record of 79 tear gassings over a 5 year span but he has his work cut out for him if he wants to beat the pepper spray record. Obama averaged 88.2 pepper sprayings per year and right now Trump is only averaging 49.5.

It's still early but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Trump to shatter the tear gas record but Obama'a pepper spray record appears to be safe.

I simply don't have the time to go and look it up, but could you tell everyone what percentage of the time the tear gas was "deployed" OUTSIDE of the United States of America when Mr. Obama was the President?

Evidence has been posted here many times here is just one more for you :

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/26/obama-administration-used-tear-gas-border-once-mon/

Another stat is "Obama’s border patrol also regularly deployed pepper spray – 151 times in 2013 alone – compared to 43 occurrences under Trump in 2018."

It would stand to logic that then, as now, they had some children present. Also just as now I would assume that to be a minority of presence..

If you think Obama was so kind to migrants and children who crossed illegally I suggest you do some searching on that subject and after looking at Obama's caged children and other examples, tell us again how Obama had a soul, a brain and a heart dealing with border crossers. Plus he was labeled "deporter-in-chief" for a reason.

Gas use declined in Obama's last years. Trump is already at a level higher this year than Obama's highest year total.

And, no, it does not stand to reason that Obama's border patrol gassed children.

There's no reason to assume it without evidence. But keep on trying to minimize how Trump has turned cruelty into policy in an attempt to scare people away from attempting to get asylum.

Yet, Clinton and Janet Reno murdered 77 children at Waco, Texas and no one batted an eye. Let's not forget the saga of Elian Gonzales in Florida when he was wrenched at gun point from his foster parents, relatives no less, and returned to communist Cuba. Note the following picture:

46751195_2542001815816399_925730563715760128_n.jpg
[/IMG]
Stop whatabouting.

Who gives a **** what the democrats did or said, I'm not them and I don't always agree with them.

I simply don't have the time to go and look it up, but could you tell everyone what percentage of the time the tear gas was "deployed" OUTSIDE of the United States of America when Mr. Obama was the President?

I don't have the time, either.

If you want to dissect the data in such a way as to paint a more palatable view of one gasser-in-cheif verses the other, you're on your own.

Gas use declined in Obama's last years. Trump is already at a level higher this year than Obama's highest year total.

And, no, it does not stand to reason that Obama's border patrol gassed children.

There's no reason to assume it without evidence. But keep on trying to minimize how Trump has turned cruelty into policy in an attempt to scare people away from attempting to get asylum.

It's easy to gas children when adults push them out in front, all the while hiding behind them as they pelt the Border Patrol with rocks and bottles. Who's at fault there? Why the parents for having the audacity to put their children in harm's way all for that one big photo op and propaganda picture.

It's easy to gas children when adults push them out in front, all the while hiding behind them as they pelt the Border Patrol with rocks and bottles. Who's at fault there? Why the parents for having the audacity to put their children in harm's way all for that one big photo op and propaganda picture.

These parents have a legal right to bring their family to apply for asylum. Trump closed the border to interfere with their legal right. Then his border agents gassed them.

And Trump fans are making excuses for this horrendous behavior which is taking us down a very dark path as a nation.

Last edited:
These parents have a legal to bring their family to apply for asylum. Trump closed the border to interfere with their legal right. Then his border agents gassed them.

And Trump fans are making excuses for this horrendous behavior which is taking us down a very dark path as a nation.
No mam'...Economic reasons are NOT asylum claims

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

No mam'...Economic reasons are NOT asylum claims

They have a right to apply.

They might not prevail, but they have a right to apply.

They have a right to apply.

They might not prevail, but they have a right to apply.
If they follow the policies in force at the time of application.

Rushing the border and attacking BP agents of the US isn't the policy AFAIK...

If they follow the policies in force at the time of application.

Rushing the border and attacking BP agents of the US isn't the policy AFAIK...

Trump closed the border on them, blocking them from what they were legally entitled to do.

Back
Top Bottom