• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blue Jackets assistant coach fired for refusing vaccination.

I will explain to you why I think you are full of it.

You said your friend has a compromised immune system: so does my wife. She has MS (multiple sclerosis).

Her doctor and her doctors specializing in MS have all said the same thing: get the vaccine, it is safe to do so.

Here's the best part: you don't have to confirm anything about my wife having MS....you just need to look it up yourself about folks with MS being encouraged to get the shot. In fact, studies are suggesting that folks with such conditions should get TWO shots. The only thing barring such folks are being allergic to elements of the vaccine.

And here's the other thing...we live in a time when we can verify elements of your story to see if it is true; we came to the conclusion that you, or at least your friend, is lying because we can see if a person with a compromised immune system should get a shot or not. Your general claim can be verified or debunked....and it was debunked.

The stupid part of your post is making the assumption that everyone would just...take your word for it and not fact check. Of course, we are going to fact check!!

This was a stupid lie to tell!
Very few immune compromised cannot take the vaccine at a specific time due to treatments, cancers and such

Studies showed those with a low immune system, the 1st 2 shots did not result in an antibody level compared to one who have no immunity issue.
What they did find was a 3rd shot gave them substantial protection from C19.
And as time passes more data will be available

As we are seeing from the data, antibody levels drop, and a booster will be needed

Israel is the one country to watch as they have authorized a booster for persons 30 & older

Surprising to me was that 1/3 of Israels population is under age 12

That said, very few cannot take the vaccine during a specific time
Fewer still who cannot take the vaccine due to the chemicals etc used

And yes I am in favor of mandatory vaccination
I fully support vaccine passports
I and many others, the vast majority do not want to enter a public venue attended by those who are not vaccinated

As someone stated, and quite elegant at that, @Luce , no way in hell do I want to be around plague rats

Tell me something, Mr.-fact-checker-who-thinks-he-knows-it-all, what "facts" did you feed your supposed "fact check" software?

Did you tell it, the name of our friend, or the name of their doctor?
Did you tell it, the reasons for their compromised immune system (or did you merely assume it was MS?)

What, specifically, did you feed your BS "fact checker?"

And tell me specifically, since you claim such all-knowing capabilities, what "elements of my story" are wrong?
- How long we've known this friend? Was that a lie?
- That they lost their job for refusing to get vaccinated? Was that a lie?
- That their doctor gave them a letter, to wit their immune system was compromised and therefore should not get the vaccine? Was that a lie?
- That their immune system IS compromised? Was that a lie.

And how would you presume to know any of that information in the first place? You don't have their name, you don't have the name of their company or the name of their boss, and you don't have the name of their doctor. Heck, you don't even have my name. So, mr-know-it-all, how do you know ANYTHING AT ALL about our friend?

And who is this "we" to which you're referring? Some cabal of presumptuous grade school know-it-alls?

And for the record, maybe their doctor was wrong? I don't know, but did that possibility occur to you - you, O possessor of all the facts?

Frankly, if anyone's post here lacks credibility, it's yours. And if you don't see how asinine your post was, I don't even think your fact-checker can rescue you from that.
I'll just add that you did a very nice job of explaining why no one should actually take the claims of an anonymous internet person, telling a story about an anonymous "friend," who just happened to have something bad happen to him, unjustly of course, because his "brown shirt" boss required a vaccine.

We know nothing, you gave us no facts, nothing you said can be verified, starting with the existence of this "friend" or that he got fired for any reason, and what fact you did give - "compromised immune system" - in at least the vast majority of cases contradicts your story, which we KNOW from personal experience. And frankly the rest makes no sense. If he was a good employee, why would the boss not accept a doctor's note? Under no 'mandate' is he required to fire someone acting on doctor's orders, so this is an employer-only decision that seems stupid unless it's an excuse to fire someone they wanted to get rid of anyway, or there are facts you aren't sharing, such as this person's job requires regular contact with very vulnerable people, such as the old or cancer patients, etc. in which case a vaccine might be necessary to DO the job safely, and the employer is prioritizing patient or customer safety, which is a rational decision, not about being a "brown shirt."

Yes, that's how vaccines work. When you get infected..... a vaccine trains your body to attack the pathogen and kill it off before it does any damage. That's how they all work. None can prevent infection. The problem is the COVID vaccine doesn't work until it gets into your bloodstream, and COVID can live and reproduce on the surface of your nose and throat for days before that happens.
A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease. If there is no immunity, its not a vaccine, i.e all those shots we got as kids actually did provide immunity. Covid vaccines do not prevent immunity. Thus just a booster to the immune system hoping you don't have D or MU right now.

my county government just suspended 598 staff without pay for being unvaccinated and then failing to transmit their current covid test results confirming tney remain asymptomatic
that's almost 15% of the county's workforce
also disturbing was that the two organizations with substantial contact with children were the same two organizations with the greatest number of suspended employees: park & rec and social services
this is a rare statement for me to make, but kudos to local government management for making the right call

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease. If there is no immunity, its not a vaccine, i.e all those shots we got as kids actually did provide immunity. Covid vaccines do not prevent immunity. Thus just a booster to the immune system hoping you don't have D or MU right now.
You don't know what you're talking about. All vaccines work as "boosters to the immune system." The COVID vaccine trains your immune system to identify then attack a specific pathogen, which is how all vaccines work. It does not boost your immune system in general, but in response to THAT pathogen that is contained in the vaccine, or part of that pathogen.

I don't know what the point is with this dumb right wing talking point. If it's not a vaccine, then it is more properly called what? And what difference does it make what word you use to call this not-vaccine that works just like a vaccine?

You can bet if a story told at DP starts with "my friend told me about stuff" and everything else is about validating the views that person has had since they joined the forum, you can bet it is bullshit.

No really. I mean that.

It's part of Franklin County Health Department rules again. But honestly the vaccine isn't a vaccine (like Flu or Smallpox). It's really just an booster to defend cause you can still get it.
This has a certain amount of misinformation in it. You can still get the flu after the flu vaccine. It's still a vaccine.

A very close friend of some 40+ years just lost their job for refusing to get vaccinated.

They have a compromised immune system that won't tolerate the vaccine. They have a letter from their doctor stating the same.

...didn't matter to their brown-shirted moronic boss.
comrade, friend should to not listen to local oaf when CDC recommends to not only get vaccine but booster also.

People with moderately to severely compromised immune systems should receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine after the initial 2 doses.

everybody has a friend that they know, it seems, on twitter, facebook, and clearly in here...that so called online friend of yours isn't proof.
"Proof" of what? It was a comment, an anecdote from my personal experience.

I was being conversational. I didn't put it forth as some sort of debatable topic anticipating or even expecting all manner of confrontation and worse.

I don't care if you believe what they told us, or what I told you. That's your choice. Dismiss it.

Instead, a number of you chose to impugn both my character and theirs, calling us both liars.

And that's is 100% on you, irrespective of anything I posted. It was uncalled for and unwarranted; it's also despicable - and clearly exposes your characters.

I was being conversational. I didn't put it forth as some sort of debatable topic anticipating or even expecting all manner of confrontation and worse.

I don't care if you believe what they told us, or what I told you. That's your choice. Dismiss it.

Instead, a number of you chose to impugn both my character and theirs, calling us both liars.

And that's is 100% on you, irrespective of anything I posted. It was uncalled for and unwarranted; it's also despicable - and clearly exposes your characters.
[emphasis added by bubba]

ok. you are dismissed

This has a certain amount of misinformation in it. You can still get the flu after the flu vaccine. It's still a vaccine.
for that matter, you can still get polio after the polio vaccine, but it is still a vaccine...however, since the vast majority have the vaccine for polio...we reached herd immunity, stamping it out.

my county government just suspended 598 staff without pay for being unvaccinated and then failing to transmit their current covid test results confirming tney remain asymptomatic
that's almost 15% of the county's workforce
also disturbing was that the two organizations with substantial contact with children were the same two organizations with the greatest number of suspended employees: park & rec and social services
this is a rare statement for me to make, but kudos to local government management for making the right call
looks like folks that have wanted to have the opportunity at the beanies that you get with a government job are about to get their chance...maybe it is time to fix up my resume...

It was a lie, that you made up....one that you didn't realize was absolutely false and provably so...stop listening to your friends on Facebook...they are not doctors and having a compromised immune system is not something that keeps you from getting the shot...in fact, it puts you at the front of the line for that shot....because you are more vulnerable than others to getting Covid and dying from it.

That's some pretty pretentious and snotty hubris there, calling me a liar over a situation you have absolutely zero knowledge.

Kids will be kids I guess.
Because your story is all bullshit. Yes kids make up shit all the time.

No...it speaks volumes to your character to come here and vomit a bullshit story straight from the Trump playbook. Just really sick and tired of all the anti vaxxer crap...and so are most Americans.

It's not just president Biden who is sick of this anti vax nonsense. This guy just threw away one cushy job., **** him.
“Now that I look back, I realize that a life predicated
on being obedient and taking orders is
a very comfortable life indeed. Living in such a way
reduces to a minimum one's need to think.”
― Adolf Eichmann

“Now that I look back, I realize that a life predicated
on being obedient and taking orders is
a very comfortable life indeed. Living in such a way
reduces to a minimum one's need to think.”
― Adolf Eichmann
How ironic is it that you use a quote by a high ranking Nazi in order to make a political point and at the same time you and yours voted for a guy revered by tens of thousands of Neo Nazis.

Try thinking before you post.

Many people who got the first two shots of the vaccine experienced similar symptoms. Typically, they experienced little or no symptoms with the first shot. Following the second shot, they experienced moderate to severe symptoms, including muscle aches, fever, malaise, etc., which typically last only 12-24 hours. The folks who experienced these symptoms tended to skew younger (<45 years old).

This phenomenon was explained to me like this: At the first injection, the immune system does not quite know what to make of it. It has to "figure out" how to deal with the newcomer, hence very mild to no symptoms. At the second injection (3 weeks later) the immune system has it figured out and immediately goes into full combat mode. The different response where the younger people experience more severe symptoms has to do with the fact that younger people typically have more vigorous immune symptoms.

Remember, a fever is your immune system turning up the thermostat to inhibit the virus replicating at normal body temperature. Body aches are a result of the immune system throwing off the cellular chemistry, again to confound the virus. All the while, other components of the immune system (macrophages, white blood cells, antibodies, collagenase, tissue necrosis factor, etc.) are hunting down and killing virus cells everywhere.

A very close friend of some 40+ years just lost their job for refusing to get vaccinated.

They have a compromised immune system that won't tolerate the vaccine. They have a letter from their doctor stating the same.

...didn't matter to their brown-shirted moronic boss.
LOL.

People with compromised immune systems tolerate vaccines better than anyone, snd are precisely the people who NEED vaccines.

Your friend is either lying or his doctor is stupid as hell.

You don't know what you're talking about. All vaccines work as "boosters to the immune system." The COVID vaccine trains your immune system to identify then attack a specific pathogen, which is how all vaccines work. It does not boost your immune system in general, but in response to THAT pathogen that is contained in the vaccine, or part of that pathogen.

I don't know what the point is with this dumb right wing talking point. If it's not a vaccine, then it is more properly called what? And what difference does it make what word you use to call this not-vaccine that works just like a vaccine?
Only what the version of the vaccine is. It was not created for Delta or MU or a new version of Covid-19. Hence why now they want to do Boosters but still really won't protect you. Viruses evolve. We were late to the show, so a single speck of the old virus can be bypassed by mutation. Hence Delta and MU forms. So it's all BS.

Why do they give you a mix of A and B for your flu shot? It's a guess, and people still die from it.

Only what the version of the vaccine is. It was not created for Delta or MU or a new version of Covid-19. Hence why now they want to do Boosters but still really won't protect you. Viruses evolve. We were late to the show, so a single speck of the old virus can be bypassed by mutation. Hence Delta and MU forms. So it's all BS.

Why do they give you a mix of A and B for your flu shot? It's a guess, and people still die from it.
Nearly everyone in the hospitals dying as we speak has the Delta variant. Almost all of them are....not vaccinated. So tell me again how the current vaccine doesn't work. All the data show the current vaccines are highly effective at preventing serious cases, and still very effective against any case. You're just desperately finding some way to crap on vaccines. The people who believed what you're peddling are the guys on ventilators as we speak. I hope you're proud of pushing this line of BS.

Nearly everyone in the hospitals dying as we speak has the Delta variant. Almost all of them are....not vaccinated. So tell me again how the current vaccine doesn't work. All the data show the current vaccines are highly effective at preventing serious cases, and still very effective against any case. You're just desperately finding some way to crap on vaccines. The people who believed what you're peddling are the guys on ventilators as we speak. I hope you're proud of pushing this line of BS.
I am vaccinated, Fool.. Not true, this is media BS. FDA and CDC wouldn't have approved Booster shots. How about you go and hangout with a Delta or MU patient. Tell me how it goes.

End of the day it mutated and it knows how to work around it. Hence "Breakthrough cases..

I am vaccinated, Fool.. Not true, this is media BS. FDA and CDC wouldn't have approved Booster shots. How about you go and hangout with a Delta or MU patient. Tell me how it goes.

End of the day it mutated and it knows how to work around it. Hence "Breakthrough cases..
What, exactly is ‘media BS’?

The fact that 90+% of ICU admissions and deaths are unvaccinated?

yes, the media, hospitals, doctors, state governments, city and county governments - THEY ARE ALL IN ON THE SCAM!!!!

Goodness, you guys are impossible to parody. If I was going to try to parody you, I wouldn't have dreamt up something that dumb.

Back
Top Bottom