• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blue Jackets assistant coach fired for refusing vaccination.

I will explain to you why I think you are full of it.

You said your friend has a compromised immune system: so does my wife. She has MS (multiple sclerosis).

Her doctor and her doctors specializing in MS have all said the same thing: get the vaccine, it is safe to do so.

Here's the best part: you don't have to confirm anything about my wife having MS....you just need to look it up yourself about folks with MS being encouraged to get the shot. In fact, studies are suggesting that folks with such conditions should get TWO shots. The only thing barring such folks are being allergic to elements of the vaccine.

And here's the other thing...we live in a time when we can verify elements of your story to see if it is true; we came to the conclusion that you, or at least your friend, is lying because we can see if a person with a compromised immune system should get a shot or not. Your general claim can be verified or debunked....and it was debunked.

The stupid part of your post is making the assumption that everyone would just...take your word for it and not fact check. Of course, we are going to fact check!!

This was a stupid lie to tell!
Thanks for your post. I said it up above and I say it again. Those that have a compromised immune system should be the very first people in line to get vaccinated. Anyone that doesn't is a blooming idiot.

Well, how about the truth then? Why not try that?
That's some pretty pretentious and snotty hubris there, calling me a liar over a situation you have absolutely zero knowledge.

Kids will be kids I guess.

This woman on twitter tried to claim she had several friends who were vaccinated and died or dying. Given how highly improbable such a scenario is, either she is highly unlucky to have as a friend during a pandemic or lying.
Twitter is full of bullshit artists.
This woman is a lying sack of shit trying to get likes and re-tweets.

It's not just president Biden who is sick of this anti vax nonsense. This guy just threw away one cushy job., **** him.
yep, not caring...I want to see them cry when they get foreclosed on and lose their car...then they will see how screwed up their decision making process is.

A very close friend of some 40+ years just lost their job for refusing to get vaccinated.

They have a compromised immune system that won't tolerate the vaccine. They have a letter from their doctor stating the same.

...didn't matter to their brown-shirted moronic boss.
um, can you point out where it says that the vaccine isn't recommended for compromised immune systems? I have the vaccine, Pfizer, and I have a compromised immune system. I have an autoimmune disorder and I had cancer in 2017. That is a flat lie that the vaccine is not recommended for us...it is, in fact, we should be getting a booster, because people with a compromised immune system have a higher chance of getting Covid still with just 2 shots....we need 3.

If your friend has a compromised immune system, then he should be the first in line to get the vaccine. Sounds to me your friend is an idiot.
yeah, I am not believing him on that letter from the doctor either....because his personal doctor would know that it is absolutely recommended for those with weak immune systems.

Generally immune compromised people get vaccinated but it’s not as effective with them. The ones that often cannot be vaccinated are those with autoimmune disorders.
that is also wrong. I have RA...I am vaccinated...and it was recommended strongly by my doctor that I get vaccinated. I have RA...it appeared after my bout with Covid turned into long Covid.

You said your friend has a compromised immune system: so does my wife. She has MS (multiple sclerosis).

Her doctor and her doctors specializing in MS have all said the same thing: get the vaccine, it is safe to do so.

Here's the best part: you don't have to confirm anything about my wife having MS....you just need to look it up yourself about folks with MS being encouraged to get the shot. In fact, studies are suggesting that folks with such conditions should get TWO shots. The only thing barring such folks are being allergic to elements of the vaccine.

And here's the other thing...we live in a time when we can verify elements of your story to see if it is true; we came to the conclusion that you, or at least your friend, is lying because we can see if a person with a compromised immune system should get a shot or not. Your general claim can be verified or debunked....and it was debunked.

The stupid part of your post is making the assumption that everyone would just...take your word for it and not fact check. Of course, we are going to fact check!!

Tell me something, Mr.-fact-checker-who-thinks-he-knows-it-all, what "facts" did you feed your supposed "fact check" software?

Did you tell it, the name of our friend, or the name of their doctor?
Did you tell it, the reasons for their compromised immune system (or did you merely assume it was MS?)

What, specifically, did you feed your BS "fact checker?"

And tell me specifically, since you claim such all-knowing capabilities, what "elements of my story" are wrong?
- How long we've known this friend? Was that a lie?
- That they lost their job for refusing to get vaccinated? Was that a lie?
- That their doctor gave them a letter, to wit their immune system was compromised and therefore should not get the vaccine? Was that a lie?
- That their immune system IS compromised? Was that a lie.

And how would you presume to know any of that information in the first place? You don't have their name, you don't have the name of their company or the name of their boss, and you don't have the name of their doctor. Heck, you don't even have my name. So, mr-know-it-all, how do you know ANYTHING AT ALL about our friend?

And who is this "we" to which you're referring? Some cabal of presumptuous grade school know-it-alls?

And for the record, maybe their doctor was wrong? I don't know, but did that possibility occur to you - you, O possessor of all the facts?

Frankly, if anyone's post here lacks credibility, it's yours. And if you don't see how asinine your post was, I don't even think your fact-checker can rescue you from that.

Tell me something, Mr.-fact-checker-who-thinks-he-knows-it-all, what "facts" did you feed your supposed "fact check" software?

Did you tell it, the reasons for their compromised immune system (or did you merely assume it was MS?)

And tell me specifically, since you claim such all-knowing capabilities, what "elements of my story" are wrong?
- That their doctor gave them a letter, to wit their immune system was compromised and therefore should not get the vaccine? Was that a lie?

And how would you presume to know any of that information in the first place? You don't have their name, you don't have the name of their company or the name of their boss, and you don't have the name of their doctor. Heck, you don't even have my name. So, mr-know-it-all, how do you know ANYTHING AT ALL about our friend?

And who is this "we" to which you're referring? Some cabal of presumptuous grade school know-it-alls?

Frankly, if anyone's post here lacks credibility, it's yours. And if you don't see how asinine your post was, I don't even think your fact-checker can rescue you from that.
Your friend is a liar....it is likely they got their 'letter' from some online doctor, not from their GP. Yeah, I am saying it with great certainty...because I also have an autoimmune disorder...and experts recommend strongly that we get the vaccine.

And for the record, maybe their doctor was wrong? I don't know, but did that possibility occur to you - you, O possessor of all the facts?

As we thought, you're full of shit.

Your friend is a liar....it is likely they got their 'letter' from some online doctor, not from their GP. Yeah, I am saying it with great certainty...because I also have an autoimmune disorder...and experts recommend strongly that we get the vaccine.
I'm learning a lot about liberals here. A lot. And none of it remotely praiseworthy.

Makes me think of this though:

It's not just president Biden who is sick of this anti vax nonsense. This guy just threw away one cushy job., **** him.
It's part of Franklin County Health Department rules again. But honestly the vaccine isn't a vaccine (like Flu or Smallpox). It's really just an booster to defend cause you can still get it.

The WSU coach here is really pissed, he originally said he wouldnt due to personal reasons, but then the college said employees (and students) couldnt use that reason. So in interviews, he said he would but barely spoke. He's the highest paid state employee apparently...screw him...he can take break and be self-employed....be a landscaper or something...until covid's over. He was setting a shitty example for players and students.
What a joke making the WSU football coach the highest paid state employee. When was the last time WSU beat UW in the Apple Cup? lol

So WSU said ok but you have to wear a mask and keep 6 feet apart from players. BS. He is on the sidelines pulling his mask down yelling at his players. And forget keeping that 6 foot distance.

Last year $3 million got us a coach whose team played 4 games and lost 3 of them. Money well spent.

A very close friend of some 40+ years just lost their job for refusing to get vaccinated.

They have a compromised immune system that won't tolerate the vaccine. They have a letter from their doctor stating the same.

Sure.......

I'm learning a lot about liberals here. A lot. And none of it remotely praiseworthy.

Makes me think of this though:

everybody has a friend that they know, it seems, on twitter, facebook, and clearly in here...that so called online friend of yours isn't proof.

BS

lol

The problem is we can all check some basics. The only information you've given us is he has a 'compromised immune system.' So do many of us, me included, and our doctors strongly recommend vaccines, and the COVID vaccine. Perhaps because if we get COVID (not the vaccine - the disease) we are at much higher risk of serious cases and death. Here's the CDC:

People with moderately to severely compromised immune systems should receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine after the initial 2 doses.

And this story is coming from "a friend" whose experience just happens to advance a right wing agenda, and that should peg anyone's BS meter, and it's completely devoid of any facts that might lend support to this story. He or she is working so not seriously ill, so what kind of 'compromised immune system' do they have that allows them to work but not get a vaccine? In what type of job in what industry? Is a vaccine necessary to protect other vulnerable people? If this person works in a nursing home, getting a vaccine might be more important than if they work at a desk or outside among other healthy people. Etc......

And then you punctuate it with 'brown shirts' garbage, which is the cherry on top of the "I have a friend who....." story.

I agree. And the bottom line is someone not vaccinated puts the rest of the team at risk, and costs the employer money if players get infected and cannot play. Plus, he's a leader who needs to lead by example, and is making it all about HIM, and not the team. That's fine - he had a choice and made it, will have to suffer the downside of that choice, and that's the way life goes sometimes. Maybe he'll start a GoFundMe campaign as a martyr or something. Seems about right for these selfish people.

Amen.

It's part of Franklin County Health Department rules again. But honestly the vaccine isn't a vaccine (like Flu or Smallpox). It's really just an booster to defend cause you can still get it.
Yes, that's how vaccines work. When you get infected..... a vaccine trains your body to attack the pathogen and kill it off before it does any damage. That's how they all work. None can prevent infection. The problem is the COVID vaccine doesn't work until it gets into your bloodstream, and COVID can live and reproduce on the surface of your nose and throat for days before that happens.

Remember when it was in fashion to take a stand on an issue and risk loosing it all?

There are some issues worth standing up for. Others are the opposite.

Anti-vax CT woo woos are going to have to learn that the rest of us are not enthusiastic about taking their stupid risk with them at work. Many of us are vaccinated, but our kids can't get the vaccine, and every one of these people puts them at risk. **** that. Get the vaccine or make your living doing something away from people.

Back
Top Bottom