• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Republicans

Are Blacks that are not Democrats traitors to the Black people?

• Total voters
I understand 100% what the point of your post was... but when comparing stupid to the genocidal freaks of Nazi's one either has to make it clear they are exaggerating or the poster has to be laughed at. Can you do more so that you do not fall into the latter category?
??? no one was comparing that, as explained

??? no one was comparing that, as explained
You were comparing a black voting for Republicans to a Jew voting for Nazi's.

You were certainly trying to make a point about how they would not vote for their oppressors. Whereas the Nazi's slaughtered the Jews the Republicans are not doing that so when I ask you for the similar policies it would be obvious that you need to clarify which policies are similar between the two parties. Instead you are whining and trying to get out of such a stupid statement. What will it be? Whining? Manning up and admitting you made a stupid comment? Comparing Republican genocidal policies to those of the ****ing ... Nazi's.

Strange enough, Black people have their own thoughts. Why do white non-religious women vote for men that favor anti-abortion laws?
Damn if I know.

Because their beliefs about abortion have nothing to do with religion.

Instead of answering the OP, what I will do is try to address those of you out there who have problems with President Biden making it clear that race and gender was a factor in nominating Judge Jackson for the Supreme Court. As you probably know, the vast majority of Supreme Court Justices are chosen from the Circuit Court of Appeals... and in appointing African American Judges to the Circuit Courts, Republican Presidents (excepting President George W. Bush) have a woeful record. If Republican African Americans are barred from the Circuit Courts, then the odds are that much less that they will actually be appointed to the Supreme Court under a Republican President.

Here are the numbers of African Americans vs. the Total number of Circuit Court Judges appointed by each President:

Carter - 9/56 (16%)
Reagan - 1/83 (1%)
Bush, Sr. - 2/42 (5%)
Clinton - 9/66 (14%)*
Bush, Jr. - 6/62 (10%)*
Obama - 9/55 (16%)
Trump - 0/54 (0%)

* Judge Roger Gregory (4th Cir.) was originally nominated by President Clinton, but his nomination wasn't acted on before the 2000 election. He was given a recess appointment by President Clinton and subsequently re-nominated and confirmed under President Bush, so he is counted for both Presidents.

How is this significant? Well, when Justice Marshall stepped down in 1991, President Bush was pressured to name an African American to replace him. Because of the sparsity of Republican nominees, his choice was essentially between the 67 year-old Senior Judge Pierce (2d Cir.) and 43 year-old Clarence Thomas (DC Cir.). Not exactly a deep pool to choose from. If Reagan had chosen more than a single African American Circuit Court Judge, there would have been a much deeper and experienced talent pool for Bush to choose from.

And what about the next Republican President? Since President Trump didn't appoint a single African American Circuit Court Judge, what do you figure the odds are he or she will find a suitable African American to appoint to the Supreme Court?

Last edited:
That question would have to read, are white people that are not Democrats traitors to the white people?
shrug...you can ask it your way. It's still racially divisive.

View attachment 67382380

What is their problem? 1 out of ten black people vote Republican.

Today it's 10% ... and what we are seeing is black and Latino individuals are shifting towards the right. Is that a problem? The left has gone so rogue on their policies and have turned off black and latino votes?

So, you value race over equality.

OK...

Seems racist to me.
I was talking about representative democracy based off of race.... how does equality factor in if not for the reason I just outlined? There are surely plenty of quality judges from every race and sex... why a black person when there are no Asians or Latinos... in ****ing fact, I am actually promoting equality and equal representation so your post is ****ing dogshit. Take racism and coddle it before inserting it...

Today it's 10% ... and what we are seeing is black and Latino individuals are shifting towards the right. Is that a problem? The left has gone so rogue on their policies and have turned off black and latino votes?
I asked a question... you chose to answer it.

It would be intertesting to see numbers by government subsidies. I know plenty of well off blacks, and the are anything but democrat.

It would be intertesting to see numbers by government subsidies. I know plenty of well off blacks, and the are anything but democrat.
You do? Personally know them? What minimum net worth do you consider, "well off"?

Updated 02-10-2022

KEY FINDINGS:​

• Eight of the 10 states most dependent on the federal government were Republican-voting, with the average red state receiving $1.35 per dollar spent.
  • Nine states sent more to the federal government than they received — seven of these were Democrat-voting and had higher per capita GDPs than many of the red states that received the most.
  • New Mexico had the highest return on federal spending of any state ($4.33), and Delaware had the lowest ($0.63).
  • The eight states receiving the highest child tax credit per capita were all Republican-voting.

Instead of answering the OP, what I will do is try to address those of you out there who have problems with President Biden making it clear that race and gender was a factor in nominating Judge Jackson for the Supreme Court. As you probably know, the vast majority of Supreme Court Justices are chosen from the Circuit Court of Appeals... and in appointing African American Judges to the Circuit Courts, Republican Presidents (excepting President George W. Bush) have a woeful record. If Republican African Americans are barred from the Circuit Courts, then the odds are that much less that they will actually be appointed to the Supreme Court under a Republican President.

Here are the numbers of African Americans vs. the Total number of Circuit Court Judges appointed by each President:

Carter - 9/56 (16%)
Reagan - 1/83 (1%)
Bush, Sr. - 2/42 (5%)
Clinton - 9/66 (14%)*
Bush, Jr. - 6/62 (10%)*
Obama - 9/55 (16%)
Trump - 0/54 (0%)

* Judge Roger Gregory (4th Cir.) was originally nominated by President Clinton, but his nomination wasn't acted on before the 2000 election. He was given a recess appointment by President Clinton and subsequently re-nominated and confirmed under President Bush, so he is counted for both Presidents.

How is this significant? Well, when Justice Marshall stepped down in 1991, President Bush was pressured to name an African American to replace him. Because of the sparsity of Republican nominees, his choice was essentially between the 67 year-old Senior Judge Pierce (2d Cir.) and 43 year-old Clarence Thomas (DC Cir.). Not exactly a deep pool to choose from. If Reagan had chosen more than a single African American Circuit Court Judge, there would have been a much deeper and experienced talent pool for Bush to choose from.

And what about the next Republican President? Since President Trump didn't appoint a single African American Circuit Court Judge, what do you figure the odds are he or she will find a suitable African American to appoint to the Supreme Court?
So Democrat Presidents appointing OVER the demographic is fine but Republicans appointing UNDER the demographic is bad?

You realize that the Democrats, by appointing OVER, are denying other races an opportunity... right?

I'd love to know. The black members of my family that are Trump fans, well one, was in the military and likes owning guns. Sometimes it's the religious aspect.

Otherwise, doesn't make much sense to me since the party is white enough to give no clout to black people. When a party doesn't need your vote, it's difficult to address primarily black issues but, I'm guessing those issues aren't important to a few, and that's very few black Republicans.

The majority of black people are Democrat tho for the reasons I mention. There's enough black Democrats that they can happily feel like it's their party, and needs their vote so their shit gets done.

As much as conservatives want to say problems in this country are ALL of our problems, there are some that are black specific. That's just the truth, and the Republicans don't need their vote, so getting them addressed is difficult.

They address white problems and problems with people disliking minorities, and loving the ten commandments. If you're conservative, you most likely are religious, own a gun, hate BLM, love law enforcement unless they work for the capital and hate refugees.

I know plenty of well off blacks, and the are anything but democrat.
As do I.

Nobody cares about the tens of millions of poor white people in the Ozarks or Mississippi or the Blue Ridge Mts.

But inner city black people?

Point out the well off black people, of which there are obviously many... just look at all the mayors, police chiefs, etc and if they are not translating that wealth down to their black friends and people nobody accepts that and at the end of the day, how is that white people's fault.?

Republicans definitely have a racism problem, but here's the thing: Democrats do too. ESPECIALLY the white progressives who read Ibram Kendi and Robin DeAngelo and think they are going to be "anti-racists." People like that are the ones pushing weird agendas (e.g. defunding the police) that white progressives think black people want, rather than actually asking black people.

I think one reason that people of color have historically voted Democrat is because Democrats have been the party of robust government services to protect the marginalized. When Democrats start talking about taking money away from the police who protect impoverished, high-crime, mostly-minority communities, people of color are going to react very negatively. When Democrats start talking about closing schools for months or even years and act like it's no big deal, people of color are going to react very negatively. And Dems then cede the issue to Republicans, who then get to claim the mantle of robust government services to protect the marginalized.

So Democrat Presidents appointing OVER the demographic is fine but Republicans appointing UNDER the demographic is bad?

You realize that the Democrats, by appointing OVER, are denying other races an opportunity... right?
Bush and Trump nominated five white Roman Catholics to the SCOTUS consecutively, all five at the "suggestion" of,

Pruitt landed wife a job at dark money group backing political ...

https://www.opensecrets.org › news › 2018/06 › wife-j...
Jun 15, 2018 — Leonard Leo, the Federalist Society's executive vice president, is a friend of Pruitt's who helped connect his wife with the JCN, according to ...

Leonard Leo then shepherded all five through the Senate confirmation process.

Senate Dems. Request Docs. Related To Leonard Leo's Work ...

https://www.whitehouse.senate.gov › news › release › s...
Mar 5, 2020 — Related To Leonard Leo's Work Leading Trump Admin. ... now pervades the process for selecting federal judicial nominees, confirming them, ...

Gavel in Hand, Whitehouse Presses OPM for Leonard Leo ...

https://www.whitehouse.senate.gov › news › release › g...
May 5, 2021 — (Sen. Sheldon) Whitehouse assumed leadership in the Senate Judiciary Courts Subcommittee this year. In the 2020 request, the senators noted Leo's work driving ...

Amy Coney Barrett served as a 'handmaid' in Christian group ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2020/10/06
Meanwhile, her future husband, Jesse Barrett — whose family also had long ties to People of Praise,
...Oct 6, 2020

Cached link to this article,
https://webcache.googleusercontent....group/+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera

October 7, 2020
"...
While several other former members assert there is no disparity in the treatment of men and women, a 1997 academic analysis by Notre Dame philosophy professor Adrian Reimers, one of People of Praise’s earliest members, identified the group’s fundamental principle as the Biblical writing that the husband is the “head” and the wife must “submit in all things.”
It was common for People of Praise members to live together..according to reports and member testimony, while The Guardian on Tuesday reported that Barrett herself lived in a communal house with one of the group’s founders, Kevin Ranaghan, while she attended law school. .."

Contrast Bush's and Trump's consecutive nominations of four white male Roman Catholics followed by a white Roman Catholic extremist religious cultist female SCOTUS nominee with,

... Sotomayor is the first woman of color, first Hispanic, and first Latina member of the Court.

Last edited:

Or maybe they're just compensating for the shortfall in Republican appointments?

As do I.

Nobody cares about the tens of millions of poor white people in the Ozarks or Mississippi or the Blue Ridge Mts.

But inner city black people?

Point out the well off black people, of which there are obviously many... just look at all the mayors, police chiefs, etc and if they are not translating that wealth down to their black friends and people nobody accepts that and at the end of the day, how is that white people's fault.?
Why don't Republicans care about tens of millions of poor white people. That's the Republican base. I'd think they'd want their vote, and to get it they'd care about their issues. Do you think there are enough rich white people to win an election?

We all know why they don't care about black people's issues, that's a duh. But, I'm curious to hear from you why they don't care about poor white people as well. That's suicide.

1648343365426-png.67382380

🧐

Republicans definitely have a racism problem, but here's the thing: Democrats do too. ESPECIALLY the white progressives who read Ibram Kendi and Robin DeAngelo and think they are going to be "anti-racists." People like that are the ones pushing weird agendas (e.g. defunding the police) that white progressives think black people want, rather than actually asking black people.

I think one reason that people of color have historically voted Democrat is because Democrats have been the party of robust government services to protect the marginalized. When Democrats start talking about taking money away from the police who protect impoverished, high-crime, mostly-minority communities, people of color are going to react very negatively. When Democrats start talking about closing schools for months or even years and act like it's no big deal, people of color are going to react very negatively. And Dems then cede the issue to Republicans, who then get to claim the mantle of robust government services to protect the marginalized.
I'm sorry but this is a crock of shit. The majority of black people are Democrats, they don't need to get white Dems to do anything for them, they can do it for themselves in this party. The Dems actually need their votes. That's the big difference. Now, conservatives don't. So black conservatives just find what they like about it, and join but they aren't going to introduce any "black" issues. Not enough black people in the party to get it done and they know this.

Bush and Trump nominated five white Roman Catholics to the SCOTUS consecutively, all five at the "suggestion" of,

Pruitt landed wife a job at dark money group backing political ...

https://www.opensecrets.org › news › 2018/06 › wife-j...
Jun 15, 2018 — Leonard Leo, the Federalist Society's executive vice president, is a friend of Pruitt's who helped connect his wife with the JCN, according to ...

Leonard Leo then shepherded all five through the Senate confirmation process.

Senate Dems. Request Docs. Related To Leonard Leo's Work ...

https://www.whitehouse.senate.gov › news › release › s...
Mar 5, 2020 — Related To Leonard Leo's Work Leading Trump Admin. ... now pervades the process for selecting federal judicial nominees, confirming them, ...

Gavel in Hand, Whitehouse Presses OPM for Leonard Leo ...

https://www.whitehouse.senate.gov › news › release › g...
May 5, 2021 — (Sen. Sheldon) Whitehouse assumed leadership in the Senate Judiciary Courts Subcommittee this year. In the 2020 request, the senators noted Leo's work driving ...

Amy Coney Barrett served as a 'handmaid' in Christian group ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2020/10/06
Meanwhile, her future husband, Jesse Barrett — whose family also had long ties to People of Praise,
...Oct 6, 2020

Cached link to this article,
https://webcache.googleusercontent....group/+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera

October 7, 2020
"...
While several other former members assert there is no disparity in the treatment of men and women, a 1997 academic analysis by Notre Dame philosophy professor Adrian Reimers, one of People of Praise’s earliest members, identified the group’s fundamental principle as the Biblical writing that the husband is the “head” and the wife must “submit in all things.”
It was common for People of Praise members to live together..according to reports and member testimony, while The Guardian on Tuesday reported that Barrett herself lived in a communal house with one of the group’s founders, Kevin Ranaghan, while she attended law school. .."

Contrast Bush's and Trump's consecutive nominations of four white male Roman Catholics followed by a white Roman Catholic extremist religious cultist female SCOTUS nominee with,

... Sotomayor is the first woman of color, first Hispanic, and first Latina member of the Court.
I am talking about demographic representative equality and you are ripping on white people... very telling.

Or maybe they're just compensating for the shortfall in Republican appointments?
Perfect example. Black Democrats in great numbers asked Biden to appoint more representation of them to government positions because the representation falls short. He needs their vote, and got it, and now he's doing just that.

Why don't Republicans care about tens of millions of poor white people. That's the Republican base. I'd think they'd want their vote, and to get it they'd care about their issues. Do you think there are enough rich white people to win an election?

We all know why they don't care about black people's issues, that's a duh. But, I'm curious to hear from you why they don't care about poor white people as well. That's suicide.
Great Red Herring... except when it is obvious it really wasn't that great to begin with... wanna try again?

I am talking about demographic representative equality and you are ripping on white people... very telling.
Having a government that represents ALL of America isn't ripping white people. But having a government that didn't play fair over the last hundred years by giving that opportunity to ALL Americans is ripping the rest of us.

Time to make up for lost time.

Back
Top Bottom