• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Republicans

Are Blacks that are not Democrats traitors to the Black people?

• Total voters
Or maybe they're just compensating for the shortfall in Republican appointments?
No. It is basic math. Wanna figure it out yourself or do you need me to show you that 13% of the population is represented by 23% in SCOTUS?

No.

If I voted for The Punch Hamish in the Mouth Party, I wouldn't be a traitor, just stupid.

Great Red Herring... except when it is obvious it really wasn't that great to begin with... wanna try again?
Well, that doesn't work for me. I'd say the do over is yours. If you can't answer the post, take the high road and skip it.

Having a government that represents ALL of America isn't ripping white people.
For ****s sake... read better. Nobody said that white people are getting ripped off. I said that @post was ripping on white people.
But having a government that didn't play fair over the last hundred years by giving that opportunity to ALL Americans is ripping the rest of us.

Time to make up for lost time.
That is by employing equality... not by stacking the decks in the other direction... for ****'s sake, I see this illogic every day and it drives me crazy.

It would be intertesting to see numbers by government subsidies. I know plenty of well off blacks, and the are anything but democrat.
Looking at the percentage that are conservative, you are a very lucky person to know so many. I mean 90% of black people voted Dem in the 2020 election.

Well, that doesn't work for me. I'd say the do over is yours.
You commit a logical fallacy and your retort to my pointing it out is that it doesn't work for you? LOL
If you can't answer the post, take the high road and skip it.
I answered the post. Your post was a RED HERRING.

Red

Herring

Look that shit up and look less stupid.

I'm sorry but this is a crock of shit. The majority of black people are Democrats, they don't need to get white Dems to do anything for them, they can do it for themselves in this party.
Right, but black Democrats, for the most part, aren't the ones out there agitating to defund the police and shut down the schools. That's the wealthy white progressive wing of the party.
The Dems actually need their votes. That's the big difference.
Right.
Now, conservatives don't. So black conservatives just find what they like about it, and join but they aren't going to introduce any "black" issues. Not enough black people in the party to get it done and they know this.
But that's exactly what I'm talking about. A lot of black voters don't care that much about so-called "black issues." They are concerned with the same things everyone else is...inflation, the economy, COVID, their kid's schools, etc.

For ****s sake... read better. Nobody said that white people are getting ripped off. I said that @post was ripping on white people.

That is by employing equality... not by stacking the decks in the other direction... for ****'s sake, I see this illogic every day and it drives me crazy.
Obviously.

What's the point of this stupid thread? Are you black? Or just a Republican?

Right, but black Democrats, for the most part, aren't the ones out there agitating to defund the police and shut down the schools. That's the wealthy white progressive wing of the party.

Right.

But that's exactly what I'm talking about. A lot of black voters don't care that much about so-called "black issues." They are concerned with the same things everyone else is...inflation, the economy, COVID, their kid's schools, etc.
Where did you get your information, that for the most part whites are out there demanding black issues with the police department? I'll need a link or two for that. Democrats support black, Hispanic, Latino's, women's, issues all the time. Because the Democrat party isn't 90% white.

A lot of black voters care about a lot of things, just like white voters but there are issues that white voters don't have to think about, but black voters do. There are black specific issues. It's not racist to white people to have race specific issues. It's not sexist to men to have women specific issues. It's just true.

Perfect example. Black Democrats in great numbers asked Biden to appoint more representation of them to government positions because the representation falls short. He needs their vote, and got it, and now he's doing just that.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that it's the right thing to do.

You know, out of the percentage numbers I put up earlier, I actually feel like Bush, Jr.'s numbers in appointing African American Circuit Court Judges are the most impressive... it may be a lower percentage than any of the Democrats, but think of how much smaller the pool of Black Republican legal experts he had to choose from was than fBlack Democratic legal experts. For Bush to hit that 10% figure, he had to make a conscious effort to reach out beyond his supporters. You see that with the case of Judge Gregory that I highlighted - a Clinton appointee who he could have easily let his appointment lapse and appoint someone else... but he didn't. Instead, he reached out and re-nominated him... because it was the right thing to do.

That was one of the ongoing themes I noticed about the Bush Administration... he was always trying to reach out to African Americans and Hispanics and Asians. His immigration reform proposals, for instance - it incorporated amnesty, guest workers, path to citizenship... but also beefed up border security. Tough but fair. To me, that was the most sensible approach to the problem that I've seen from any President on either side of the aisle.

Last edited:
You commit a logical fallacy and your retort to my pointing it out is that it doesn't work for you? LOL

I answered the post. Your post was a RED HERRING.

Red

Herring

Look that shit up and look less stupid.
So, you're a white person just curious about black people? Give me a ****ing break. If you want to know how black people feel, ask them, a bunch of white people won't be giving you the correct answers.

This thread is just negative hype for conservative whites. Wow, original.

So, you're a white person just curious about black people? Give me a ****ing break. If you want to know how black people feel, ask them, a bunch of white people won't be giving you the correct answers.
So you ask men about how they feel about abortion or custody? I doubt it based off of your directional dictation.
This thread is just negative hype for conservative whites. Wow, original.
C+ students would assume as much
Obviously.

What's the point of this stupid thread? Are you black? Or just a Republican?
Neither. It is a debate site... not a whine fest cry baby site. Sometimes people need to be objective. Try it out.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that it's the right thing to do.

You know, out of the percentage numbers I put up earlier, I actually feel like Bush, Jr.'s numbers in appointing African American Circuit Court Judges are the most impressive... it may be a lower percentage than any of the Democrats, but think of how much smaller the pool of Black Republicans legal experts he had to choose from was from Black Democratic legal experts. For Bush to hit that 10% figure, he had to make a conscious effort to reach out beyond his supporters. You see that with the case of Judge Gregory that I highlighted - a Clinton appointee who he could have easily let his appointment lapse and appoint someone else... but he didn't. Instead, he reached out and re-nominated him... because it was the right thing to do.

That was one of the ongoing themes I noticed about the Bush Administration... he was always trying to reach out to African Americans and Hispanics and Asians. His immigration reform proposals, for instance - it incorporated amnesty, guest workers, path to citizenship... but also beefed up border security. Tough but fair. To me, that was the most sensible approach to the problem that I've seen from any President on either side of the aisle.
I agree. He dealt with minority issues more than most.

II actually feel like Bush, Jr.'s numbers in appointing African American Circuit Court Judges are the most impressive... it may be a lower percentage than any of the Democrats,
Why is the percentage that Democrats choose the correct percentage?

So you ask men about how they feel about abortion or custody? I doubt it based off of your directional dictation.

C+ students would assume as much

Neither. It is a debate site... not a whine fest cry baby site. Sometimes people need to be objective. Try it out.
F - students could figure out as much. Shit, if this isn't fodder for white conservatives, than you aren't trolling for click bate.

F - students could figure out as much. Shit, if this isn't fodder for white conservatives, than you aren't trolling for click bate.
LOL I say C- students could and your response is that F- students could as well... my god, how over your head are you? That is rhetorical. You would not knw.

Where did you get your information, that for the most part whites are out there demanding black issues with the police department? I'll need a link or two for that.
So this isn't exactly what you asked for, but here's Pew's poll from a few months ago about how Americans feel about defunding the police. It's horrendously unpopular across the board, including among black voters. More black voters want to increase police funding than decrease it.

1648363298413.png

Democrats support black, Hispanic, Latino's, women's, issues all the time. Because the Democrat party isn't 90% white.
I think the fallacy is assuming that black/Latino/women's issues are things like defunding the police, immigration policy, and abortion respectively. Whereas most voters just care about the same handful of boring issues regardless of their identity group.
A lot of black voters care about a lot of things, just like white voters but there are issues that white voters don't have to think about, but black voters do.
Sure, but people wildly overestimate how much weight voters actually place on identity politics. If a politician of either party wants to win more black votes, they'll probably have a lot more success talking about what they'll do about inflation and COVID, than by talking about affirmative action and Confederate statues.
There are black specific issues. It's not racist to white people to have race specific issues. It's not sexist to men to have women specific issues. It's just true.
I don't know where you got the idea I thought it was racist/sexist.

For black people? Why do you think? Don't you have a black friend you can chat with?
LOL I say C- students could and your response is that F- students could as well... my god, how over your head are you? That is rhetorical. You would not knw.
You know, when a poster wakes up and thinks, hm....I'll ask a bunch of white people if they think black Republicans are traitors. Then I'll argue with them all day from my white perspective. We can all talk about black people and how they feel, like we know.

That's the thing about conservatives, they have NO IDEA and when they don't, they ask white people. LMAO. But, the writings on the wall for a poster with half a brain. There's a clear reason most black people are DEMOCRATS. Those numbers would be good enough for a first grader to figure out that the Democratic party is doing something black people prefer. Not all, but most.

I'm not saying that it is.... but I know it's got to be higher than the numbers Reagan, Bush (41), and especially Trump rang up. Let's face it... they were all going out of their way not to nominate Black Judges. Especially Reagan and Trump. 1/83? 0/54?? C'mon. That's going out of your way to offend African Americans.

Hell, in some alternate reality, George Wallace could have been elected President in '68 and I'd bet even he would have found fit to appoint a token African American Circuit Court Judge.

For black people? Why do you think? Don't you have a black friend you can chat with?

You know, when a poster wakes up and thinks, hm....I'll ask a bunch of white people if they think black Republicans are traitors. Then I'll argue with them all day from my white perspective. We can all talk about black people and how they feel, like we know.

That's the thing about conservatives, they have NO IDEA and when they don't, they ask white people. LMAO. But, the writings on the wall for a poster with half a brain. There's a clear reason most black people are DEMOCRATS. Those numbers would be good enough for a first grader to figure out that the Democratic party is doing something black people prefer. Not all, but most.
Like I said... your post was that of a C- student...

I'm not saying that it is.... but I know it's got to be higher than the numbers Reagan, Bush (41), and especially Trump rang up. Let's face it... they were all going out of their way not to nominate Black Judges. Especially Reagan and Trump. 1/83? 0/54?? C'mon. That's going out of your way to offend African Americans.

Hell, in some alternate reality, George Wallace could have been elected President in '68 and I'd bet even he would have found fit to appoint a token African American Circuit Court Judge.
Agreed...

So this isn't exactly what you asked for, but here's Pew's poll from a few months ago about how Americans feel about defunding the police. It's horrendously unpopular across the board, including among black voters. More black voters want to increase police funding than decrease it.

View attachment 67382403

I think the fallacy is assuming that black/Latino/women's issues are things like defunding the police, immigration policy, and abortion respectively. Whereas most voters just care about the same handful of boring issues regardless of their identity group.

Sure, but people wildly overestimate how much weight voters actually place on identity politics. If a politician of either party wants to win more black votes, they'll probably have a lot more success talking about what they'll do about inflation and COVID, than by talking about affirmative action and Confederate statues.

I don't know where you got the idea I thought it was racist/sexist.
BLM, isn't a white progressive organization, and that's who initiated de-funding the police. Regardless of white support. It's not about actually de-funding police anyway.

They aren't issues for ALL minority groups, but those who represent the majority in those groups present those issues. White people aren't making them up for minorities. Men aren't making them up for women. This kind of discussion is two sided. As a woman, I don't find it correct that liberal men are bringing up issues that I don't care about to gain votes for the left. They're not, they are just supporting them. There's a difference.

Candidates cover blanket issues, of course, but there are gender and race specific issues that the Democrats cover more than Republicans and that's just the truth, and it does make a difference in their support from these groups.
Republicans just don't need to worry about it, which is why they cover blanket issues, because they will catch a few votes for those who care about them from minority groups, but they won't get the majority of votes from them that way.

It's really just a numbers game. There's no argument to be had. Conservative simple don't have a foot in the game when it comes to minorities for the reasons I listed. As America get's less white, they'll have to change that.

Like I said... your post was that of a C- student...
Like I said, your thread get's an F from me. Even Steven and all that elementary jazz you seem to be into.

BLM, isn't a white progressive organization, and that's who initiated de-funding the police. Regardless of white support.
OK but there are activist groups for everything: political and media figures chose to elevate this and make this a priority.
If you need an entire webpage and 4-minute video to explain that a three-word slogan means something other than what it obviously sounds like, then the issue is already a lost cause. Don't call it defund the police if you don't actually want to defund the police.
They aren't issues for ALL minority groups, but those who represent the majority in those groups present those issues. White people aren't making them up for minorities. Men aren't making them up for women. This kind of discussion is two sided. As a woman, I don't find it correct that liberal men are bringing up issues that I don't care about to gain votes for the left. They're not, they are just supporting them. There's a difference.
I think if we could visually look at some voters in the 90th percentile for how much they care about defunding the police, Confederate statues, affirmative action, etc. We would find a lot more white faces than black faces.

Black Democrats tend to mostly vote for mainstream, establishment candidates like Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton. The people who supported more progressive alternatives (e.g. Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren) tend to be a much whiter group.
Candidates cover blanket issues, of course, but there are gender and race specific issues that the Democrats cover more than Republicans and that's just the truth, and it does make a difference in their support from these groups.
Maybe on the margins. I'm sure there are some black people who care about those things and vote accordingly. But the reason the black vote is so lopsided (usually about 90-10) is twofold in my view: 1) Republicans saying blatantly racist shit, 2) Democrats being seen as the party of funding good government services.

That's potentially bad news for Democrats, because if I'm right about that it means that Republicans can peel off a substantial number of black votes if they start nominating candidates who don't attend white supremacist conferences, and if they can outflank Democrats on the left by arguing that Democrats want to defund police and close the schools, and that they (Republicans) will protect these government services.

It's really just a numbers game. There's no argument to be had. Conservative simple don't have a foot in the game when it comes to minorities for the reasons I listed. As America get's less white, they'll have to change that.
They'll need to win more votes from people of color, that's true. But I'm pretty skeptical that the path to doing that is to talk more about identity politics.

Agreed...

I'll grade Bush (41) as probably neutral.... I don't think he purposely avoided appointing African Americans, but it's not like he went out of his way to appoint them, either.

And where did all the neglect lead? Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court. He had no business being there.... but he was pretty much the only pick Bush had.

It's not like Reagan didn't have solid picks to choose from... like Ann Claire Williams - she was a solid, tough as nails prosecutor in Chicago who he named to the District Court in '85. Reagan had two picks to the 7th Circuit during 1986-87 after she was made a Trial Judge.... and he named stuffed shirts to fill both of them. In both cases, Williams was younger and had a better resume, but both times she was passed over. If he had picked her instead, then she would have been right there on hand to fill Marshall's seat in lieu of Thomas. She was younger and more experienced than him as well.... and her law-and-order track record would have fit perfectly within the Bush Administration's anti-drug agenda.

Back
Top Bottom