• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden targets Trump's legacy with first-day executive actions

First, moving forward means justice over a national traitor.

Second, acknowledge that blind support for that national traitor led to January 6th.

Third, acknowledge that actually putting America first means undoing and repairing what that national traitor did for four years.

But, you can't figure out how to reconcile your bizarre beliefs with what should come first, so this post was meant for others. "Paradoxical" how one can think he is a patriot while supporting a national traitor.
Gotcha!!

You bet! I will unite with anyone who already sees the sane, rational and politically informed way, as I and millions and millions of others do and I will unite with anyone who previously did not see but do now so wish to be thus enlightened. I can tolerate and welcome the Trump Stupid's who stubbornly wish to stick to their political ignorance and political insanities as long as they remain harmless and cause no trouble.
De-programming camps for those who don't believe as you and HuffPo do?

Gotcha!

The economy is not destroyed. In fact, the stock market is doing better now than pre-covid. Everything that was lost, has been recuperated, and then some. The economy is fine.

The stock market is not the economy. and we are still down more than 4.7 million jobs from the day Trump took office, and far more than that from the time that COVID hit. We have 40 million people that will lose their place to live once the eviction ban is lifted not to mention the owners and landlords that have to deal with a years worth of lost revenue

Symbolism the art or practice of using symbols especially by investing things with a symbolic meaning or by expressing the invisible or intangible ...

There wasn't a federal building in the country that you could enter without a mask prior to his executive order without security kicking your ass out.

Touchy feely Paris accord? OMG...we are saved! :ROFLMAO:

So, "Slow Joe" is going to tell the states how to run their vaccine distribution?

I'm starting to feel tingles down my legs.

That might be a stroke from all of the stupidity.

I lean executive power!

It's just nice to be able to say that again and not appear completely insane.

Reactions: jpn
The economy is not destroyed. In fact, the stock market is doing better now than pre-covid. Everything that was lost, has been recuperated, and then some. The economy is fine.
I agree. The underlying economy is fine. Certain segments are temporarily disrupted by the pandemic. Once the pandemic is brought under control, the economy should be pretty strong, with significant pent-up demand.

That's why the spending bill is not a "stimulus." It's temporary relief for workers and business owners imperiled by the pandemic.

Biden was critical of Trump speeding up the process and questioned the safety of the vaccine because he had. But its possible Biden was just talkin shit and would have done the same as Trump. BUT, it was Trump cutting government regulations and restrictions that speed up the process. Democrats love government regulations and restrictions so its doubtful he would of done the same.
Not true.
Biden had no trouble with speeding up the process. But it wasn;t Trump that did that by the way.. emergency use authorizations.. and fast tracking of drugs
Fast tracking of drugs was introduced in 1997 in the FDA modernization ACT.

What Biden objected to.. was Trump trying to meddle with the science, and influence those around the FDA to approve a drug when it was not scientifically shown to be safe to meet his ignorant promises.

You don't run away from your biggest markets and leave people with out job,s if you do you are reducing the number of people who can afford to buy your product. and if people can afford to buy your product you go out of business
One reasons Ford motor co is as large as it is today
H. Ford paid his people a living wage , more then any other auto maker, and it gave his workers money so they could buy his product.
and as I said You must think it is OK for these large Corps making millions and Billions in US profits not to pay even ONE CENT in FIT and people who have worked 50. 60 years living on a small pension IF they have one , or in a few cases living on their SS and a min wage job to pay more in FIT then these corps do.
Have a nice night

Yeah... you need to read my post again... You went off half cocked.
You can apologize at your leisure.

The vaccine was approved about a month ago. How would deploying the Guard et. al., setting up FEMA ect months ago have done anything?
Well. they would be ready to start vaccination day one. Rather than weeks after the vaccines arrived.
And the capacity to deliver the vaccines would have been greater than supply.. so that vaccines would not have gotten stopped up by the lack of infrastructure.

Is that the talking points they've given you? Rather lame.

The moment you provide any evidence that shows that Mr. Trump caused any American government money to be directed to either the German or UK developers of the vaccines FOR THE PURPOSE OF DEVELOPING THE VACCINES, I will reconsider.

Until that happens (or hell freezes over [which ever comes first]) the statement

Mr. Trump did absolutely nothing whatsoever to fund either the Germans or the Brits who developed the vaccine, nor did any action of his administration make that development any quicker. The only action of Mr. Trump's administration that had any effect on getting the vaccine into the arms of Americans was his ordering the CDC to approve the use of the vaccine WITHOUT the usual safety standards.​

remains REGARDLESS of how little you like to hear it (simply because it happens to be true).

Well. they would be ready to start vaccination day one. Rather than weeks after the vaccines arrived.
And the capacity to deliver the vaccines would have been greater than supply.. so that vaccines would not have gotten stopped up by the lack of infrastructure.

Yeah, <SARC>and it's all Biden's fault that that wasn't done</SARC>!

"The absence of evidence does not mean that the accused is not guilty and that there was no crime!" - a new principle in world jurisprudence was introduced by the american democrats, having tested it first on Russia, and now on their own former president.
There's nowhere else to go.
Dead End.

Would you please provide the source for your quoted

"The absence of evidence does not mean that the accused is not guilty and that there was no crime!"​

since I am unable to locate its source and would like to look into it further.

Mind you, I believe that you are confusing that statement with "presumption of innocence" as it is used political discourse in the United States of America today, which is
(as applied to someone who might be a member/supporter of "Their Guys") is that
"At the very first moment that it is first rumoured that there might conceivably be something that resembles an accusation of something that could possibly be considered to be faintly similar to an act that theoretically amounts to a breach of the law, then that person is **G*U*I*L*T*Y** and any court finding otherwise is a perversion of justice."​
and
(as applied to someone who might be a member/supporter of "Our Guys") is that
"Until such time as the person has been indicted, has been tried, has been convicted, has exhausted all appeals (regardless of how frivolous) without overturning the unjustly and illegally obtained verdict AND it has been 100% conclusively proved that there is a 0.00% chance that that unjust and illegally obtained verdict was NOT the result of a huge, vast, enormous, hidden, secret, covert, conspiracy to destroy America by making same-sex/inter-racial marriages mandatory, forcing women to have abortions, compelling fluoridation and vaccination, imposing Sherry Law, and making all the Cheerleaders wear Burke Hats, then the person is ***I*N*N*O*C*E*N*T***, which means that the so-called "alleged" act never happened, which thus means that no investigation should ever be done because it is an abuse of process AND a VIOLATION OF THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to investigate an ***I*N*N*O*C*E*N*T*** person.".​

--Imposed a national mandate requiring masks and physical distancing in all federal buildings, on all federal lands and by all federal employees
--Terminated Mr. Trump’s efforts to leave the World Health Organization.

There isn't much else to do one day one, since Trump cut Biden's transition team out of all meetings and coordination with Trump's pandemic team.

But Biden did so this:

You might find "Biden team fears rocky transition may have revealed only ‘tip of the iceberg’" interesting.

It appears that Mr. Trump's parting gift to the nation was a legacy of officials who have absolutely no intention of cooperating with the legally elected government.

Very good point, and that's the problem. Because we get no legislation from Congress, Presidents have resorted to Executive Orders.

Executive Orders were not routine in history and relatively very few from Administration to Administration before Teddy Roosevelt. Though, it is true that Presidential power has swelled over the twentieth century, driven by war and depression, Presidents have shown considerable restraint and respected Constitutional norms.

But the absence of the Cold War denied a unified Democrat/Republican front. Before this, Newt Gingrich had already began pushing his extremist politics as opposition to Democrats. Partisan intolerance grew. And when the first black man to be elected entered the White House, the idea of cooperation had become completely eroded. The "Young Guns" decided to create the GOP into the "Party of No." Between 2007 and 2012, there were 385 filibusters. That is equal to the total of filibusters in the 70 years between WWI and the end of Reagan's Presidency. Obama responded by issuing 276 Executive Orders, less than the 291 signed by George W. Bush.

But here is the grind. One might think that a Republican President who promises $1 trillion in American infrastructure would get support from a GOP-led House and Senate. But Trump did not receive this. I will defend Trump on this. After the Democrats took the House in 2018, they passed legislation to the Senate for American infrastructure. The GOP-led Senate shot all of it down because they have created an irrational agenda to simply oppose anything Democrats put up. In other words, Democrats actually tried to help Trump keep a promise about infrastructure and the Republicans refused. Why?! It comes down to simply opposing or the notion that an American project would interfere with their agenda to hand our tax dollars to the rich. But, back to no legislation and the "Party of No" I brought up, right? So when people say, "Oh, it is both sides," clearly one side is driving this ****ing corrupt and treacherous bus. And this is why we are currently in an Executive Order flip-flop war from Obama to Trump to Biden.

*** By the way, George Washington issued 8 Executive Orders.
I would submit that the reason the GOP senate shot down the infrastructure legislation because there was no clear and concise leadership from Trump.
Republicans got burned multiple times by Trump over the four years. In the government shutdown.. republicans had passed in bipartisan fashion a budget that funded the government.. a typical budget that had passed before.
But trump.. was listening to hannity.. and heard hannity complain about how the spending bill did not have a line item for building the wall.
Suddenly trump came out against the budget bill that Congress thought was a no brainer... suddenly republicans that had supported it were being called rinos for not demanding line items wall spending.
Then we had the shutdown.
After that Mcconnel basically would not let the GOP senate get involved in legislation unless he had a clear directive from Trump so that they wouldn't get blindsided again.
Its why so little was passed in the two years in which the GOP had the white house, the senate and the house.

The fear of crossing trump is extremely powerful and what will be "crossing trump",, is difficult to know because he is so unpredictable.

Do I detect a desperate desire to see Biden fail? Kinda like this guy?
View attachment 67314586

Actually the US is NOT "vaccinating a million people a day" - the US came close on ONE day (the last day of Mr. Trump's regime) in a futile effort to make it look like Mr. Trump had actually accomplished a goal. To come that close, Mr. Trump's regime stripped the cupboard bare of vaccine doses - so don't be surprised if the rate dips for a while until Mr. Biden's administration can get its hands on some more vaccine.

21-01-21 H4 - COVID Vaccinations DAILY RATE TOTAL.JPG
(More charts and graphs at Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19)​

The distribution plan that you deny exists is already vaccinating over a million people per day.

Nice repetition of false statements there.

Bidens GOAL is 100 million in the first 100 days. He would need to slow down the Trump plan to hit exactly 100 million.

Actually that isn't true, since the US is NOT vaccinating 1,000,000 people per day.

Mind you, it IS going to be difficult for Mr. Biden to meet that target due to the fact that Mr. Trump's regime used up all of the available vaccine and then lied about there being a "reserve".

Damn, ain't wasting no time trying to undo Trump's damage.
Calling Trump's accomplishments as damage is idiotic and partisan hackery. I guess you've decided you ain't much of a unity guy, so we know where you stand.

Calling Trump's accomplishments as damage is idiotic and partisan hackery. I guess you've decided you ain't much of a unity guy, so we know where you stand.
Well "accomplishments" is pretty generous and counter to reality given the damage Trump did do. So I guess you've decided you ain't much of a unity guy, so we know where you stand.

The moment you provide any evidence that shows that Mr. Trump caused any American government money to be directed to either the German or UK developers of the vaccines FOR THE PURPOSE OF DEVELOPING THE VACCINES, I will reconsider.

Until that happens (or hell freezes over [which ever comes first]) the statement
Mr. Trump did absolutely nothing whatsoever to fund either the Germans or the Brits who developed the vaccine, nor did any action of his administration make that development any quicker. The only action of Mr. Trump's administration that had any effect on getting the vaccine into the arms of Americans was his ordering the CDC to approve the use of the vaccine WITHOUT the usual safety standards.​

remains REGARDLESS of how little you like to hear it (simply because it happens to be true).
Sure. He gave them 1.2 billion dollars which they gladly accepted (Oh no Rawley, that was for manufacturing - yeah right - it freed up 1.2 biullion they could use for development) Trump also gave their direct competitors BILLIONS to develop competing drugs, which put their development on steroids to the be the first to market. And yes, tearing down all the regulatory red tape in the United states which allowed them to perform their clinica trials in unheard of times.

No, it's more of a fact.

No, it's more of a fact.
Ikari doesn't need your help, he's quite capable; especially compared to you. You wouldn't know a fact if it fell on you like a ton of bricks.

Ikari doesn't need your help, he's quite capable; especially compared to you. You wouldn't know a fact if it fell on you like a ton of bricks.

I'll respond when I feel like responding. If you don't like that, you have an ignore button.

LOL, who the hell do you think you are?

Back
Top Bottom