• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says he was expressing 'moral outrage' with off-script Putin remarks

He's out saying he's not walking anything back while his spokesmen are trying like hell to walk it back. You can't make this stuff up. When did words stop meaning what they mean?
When the radical, regressive Left went Humpty Dumpty.

Part of me wants to flippantly respond "When Trump won the presidency in 2016".

But that wouldn't be accurate.

Words have always had malleable meanings, and politicians are some of the worst benders of words.

Edit: To put it another way, words mean whatever people are willing to accept them as meaning.

That's why you have white supremacists using code words to "dog whistle" messages to those who think like them while sounding mostly normal to someone who isn't "in the know".

And any number of other similar things.

The difference being though that unlike most of today's politicians Trump actually believes what he's spouting when he spouts it.

The difference being though that unlike most of todays politicians Trump actually believes what he's spouting when he spouts it.
Well maybe some of it.

But plenty of what he spouts is utter bullshit that he settled on because it pleased the crowd.

If he believes that then he has some issues.

He no doubt speaks LIKE you, so I reckon it makes sense he speaks FOR you....

China Joe was lying his ass off when he tried to cover up. His puppet masters quickly walked back his Putin rant but they know, we know, Russia knows China Joe knew exactly what he was saying when he said it.
If fo some reason he said it off the cuff, then he needs to step down or Piglosi needs to quickly 25 his useless ass.
that was like three or four stupid things he said in the last week. All had to be covered by the handlers.

36EE08D3-77FE-4415-9B97-20233DA527A0.jpeg

Yes, he was.

Yes, the aides screwed the pooch by claiming it was somehow about exercising power over neighbors.

Yes, it was true.

No, it still wasn't a good idea. Putin might see it as an accidental omission of real strategy. More likely, Putin will use it to be a pain in the ass in negotiations, or at least more than he would've been.

🤷

Again, that 'real strategy' is no secret to anyone, including Putin and it's embraced by pretty much everyone including many of the oligarchs at this point. But it is a firm message of solidarity for the Russian people, NATO, and the rest of the nations sanctioning Russia. Message: "If you're working on removing Putin, we're with you."

Was it antagonistic? 🤷

Curious, how did you know he was expressing a personal opinion and not US policy?

Because he said so :rolleyes:

What evidence do you have otherwise?

China Joe was lying his ass off when he tried to cover up. His puppet masters quickly walked back his Putin rant but they know, we know, Russia knows China Joe knew exactly what he was saying when he said it.
If fo some reason he said it off the cuff, then he needs to step down or Piglosi needs to quickly 25 his useless ass.
that was like three or four stupid things he said in the last week. All had to be covered by the handlers.

View attachment 67382718

Imagine being dumb enough to believe......literally any of that 😂

Joe didn't misspeak, he accidentally blurted out what's being talked about in closed-door meetings.

He wasn't supposed to say it out loud on purpose. It's a secret still.

Joe didn't misspeak, he accidentally blurted out what's being talked about in closed-door meetings.

How is it a secret? Millions of people and hundreds of leaders are thinking the same thing.

"President Biden defended his controversial remarks in which he appeared to call for regime change in Russia over the weekend – off-script comments that were quickly walked back by his administration.

"I am not walking anything back," he told reporters Monday after making remarks Monday about the release of his budget. "I was expressing the moral outrage that I feel, and I make no apologies for it."

On Saturday, Biden, capping his trip to NATO, said: "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

His administration quickly downplayed it, telling reporters that the president's comments did not signal a policy change."

Link

Well put, Mr. President. I dare say we all share in your moral outrage. You speak for all of us. A great leader.
This is not an election game that can be fixed by twitter/ facebook .
This is one of the world's nuclear powers proposing that he will take out another nuclear power's already paranoid/ cornered / insane leader.
That is why we now have caregivers walking back his dangerous statements, only to have Biden come out and walk back his caregiver's walk backs .
One of the few things I ever agreed with Obama on , " Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fudge things up " ( Obama )
Only he didn't say fudge !

This will be a really good thread to see which posters, who probably also think there needs to be a regime change in Russia, pounds on our president while giving Putin a pass.

Keep an eye out.

This will be a really good thread to see which posters, who probably also think there needs to be a regime change in Russia, pounds on our president while giving Putin a pass.

Keep an eye out.
So if " regime change " is the reason for sending U.S. troops into Ukraine was it wise for Biden to then tell Putin our plans to take him out ahead of time?
Only an idiot would think this was smart military move.
A little to late for Biden's caregivers to try and deny our plans to take Putin out after the horse is out of the barn don't you think ?

White House is forced to make correction after Biden suggested US troops WOULD be sent into Ukraine and had already been there in speech slip up to paratroopers in Poland​

So if " regime change " is the reason for sending U.S. troops into Ukraine was it wise for Biden to then tell Putin our plans to take him out ahead of time?
Only an idiot would think this was smart military move.
A little to late for Biden's caregivers to try and deny our plans to take Putin out after the horse is out of the barn don't you think ?

White House is forced to make correction after Biden suggested US troops WOULD be sent into Ukraine and had already been there in speech slip up to paratroopers in Poland​

I'm kind of embarrassed for a bunch of you guys. It's like you've never played poker. You don't know when to show some cards and you don't know when to have some hidden.

I'm kind of embarrassed for a bunch of you guys. It's like you've never played poker. You don't know when to show some cards and you don't know when to have some hidden.
So it was smart to tell Putin our troops are coming to take him out in your opinion ?
Don't be afraid to answer I'm sure your wife can walk back your answers as well if you need her to correct you .

The difference being though that unlike most of today's politicians Trump actually believes what he's spouting when he spouts it.

Even when its unbelievable.

Its one reason why they like Trump. No struggling with nuance.

So it was smart to tell Putin our troops are coming to take him out in your opinion ?
Don't be afraid to answer I'm sure your wife can walk back your answers as well if you need her correct you .

See there's the embarrassing part. I get on the Internet and I watch people, who have no experience with International politics, pick out one thing or 1 event or 1 move and try to prove that they know what they're talking about. When it's obvious they can't even play a game of poker.

This is a big game played by superpowers. And it's a long game.

If you really want to prove that you know what you're talking about go ahead and tell us what your strategy would be 2 months from now 6 months from now a year from now and 5 years from now. I'll wait.

An inventive narrative.

See there's the embarrassing part. I get on the Internet and I watch people, who have no experience with International politics, pick out one thing or 1 event or 1 move and try to prove that they know what they're talking about. When it's obvious they can't even play a game of poker.

This is a big game played by superpowers. And it's a long game.

If you really want to prove that you know what you're talking about go ahead and tell us what your strategy would be 2 months from now 6 months from now a year from now and 5 years from now. I'll wait.
The strategy TODAY would be for this doddering cognitively diminished old fool who can only focus on what flavor ice cream his caregivers will be giving him today,to give Ukraine everything that he has been asking for everyday for the last month at least and quit dragging his stumbling . bumbling feet .

Back
Top Bottom