• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says he was expressing 'moral outrage' with off-script Putin remarks

of we see people like yourself sit on your couches and complain as the West crushes Russia for all the murders. that's uber manly.
I've not suggested anyone is uber-manly, including myself. I've accurately stated what Biden said, and I've accurately quoted and cited to world leaders who were deeply concerned about the gaffe. You, without a shred of evidence, think it's not a gaffe, and must be some really cool 3-D chess move where he's really got Putin going....

I've not suggested anyone is uber-manly, including myself. I've accurately stated what Biden said, and I've accurately quoted and cited to world leaders who were deeply concerned about the gaffe. You, without a shred of evidence, think it's not a gaffe, and must be some really cool 3-D chess move where he's really got Putin going....
actually, the West is playing 3D chess while Putin is stuck in Candy Land.

that you can't see that is very interesting.

The President of the United States can't always 'just say what he's thinking'. He has to be able to talk to Putin and conduct diplomatic relations.

Biden just made it that much harder for our diplomats and NATO to do their jobs.
So no diffetent than the previous 4 years. Got it!

Whattaboutism. You folks said the "adults are in the room" now. So, shouldn't things be different than the last four years?

By the way, the big complaint from Democrats about Trump foreign policy was that he actually talked to the antagonistic nations and met with them, rather than bombastically insulting them. The Democrats were pissed Trump didn't kiss Merkel, Macron, and Trudeau's asses, but were also pissed that he met Kim Jong Un with a modicum of respect in order to try to work something out.

The Democrats were pissed that Trump knocked out ISIS and then drew down troops in Iraq and Syria. Democrats were pissed Trump didn't want anything to do with Libya, and that he wanted to bring troops home.

The Democrats don't care that they fomented a coup in Ukraine of the duly elected government, and said "**** Europe," as they helped install a new leader in Ukraine, while supporting a "quiet" proxy war in the Donbas for 8 years.... now they say we are "all ukrainians now!"

Evidence?
so you also haven't been paying attention to what the West is doing (economically) to crush Putin's Russia?

do you really want to admit that? do you really want to be embarrassed as i start posting links of all the sanctions?

of we see people like yourself sit on your couches and complain as the West crushes Russia for all the murders. that's uber manly.

Except, of course, for the fact that the West is actively helping Saudi Arabia slaughter far more in Yemen, which makes your fantasies about us “crushing Russia” over such behavior seem both pompous and depressingly hypocritical.

If there is one group you can definitely believe, it's US intelligence.

CIA lied to Congress about torture and secret prisons - https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ress-on-torture-according-to-congress/453450/

CIA director john Brennan lied to Congress and the American people - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/31/cia-director-john-brennan-lied-senate

CIA drug trafficking.

Iran-Contra

Gulf of Tonkin

Searching Senate computers

Secret covert programs

Illegal wars

Deposing foreign leaders...

.....but sure, they'd never lie now that Biden is President.

So you'd believe a foreign murderous "dictator" over the US?

Says a lot about you.

So you'd believe a foreign murderous "dictator" over the US?

Says a lot about you.

Doesn't it depend on the assertion? The general proposition of believing one person over another is childish and stupid. I evaluate a claim or assertion on its merits and based on the evidence.

With some claims, the evidence might show that the murderous dictator is correct. That has happened in the past, where the US was wrong, and a dictator was correct, hasn't it? Can't you think of one right off the top of your head? I bet you can.

With other claims, the evidence might show the murderous dictator is full of shit. That happens too.

With still other claims, we may not be able to readily discern what the truth is.

But, we've been lied to directly, straight to our faces, plenty of times by our vaunted "intelligence community," and it's not just small things - it's about surveillance of American citizens without warrants, surveillanec of political candidates, searches of Senators' computers, false flag operations which have started wars (one, the Gulf of Tonkin lie, resulted in 55,000 American soldiers dying in Vietnam), etc. They've lied about overthrowing the Mossadegh in Iran. They've lied about Iran-Contra affiar. They lied about Panama. They lied about Grenada. They lied about the Gulf War. They lied about the Iraq War. They lied about Afghanistan. They lied about torture and Gitmo and secret prisons, and secret operations. They've lied about using soldiers as guinea pigs.

So, yeah, forgive me if I decide to believe things based on evidence, and not whether an "intelligence official" says he has "moderate confidence" that X, Y or Z is the kind of thing that Russians or Ukrainians or anyone else does.

Except, of course, for the fact that the West is actively helping Saudi Arabia slaughter far more in Yemen, which makes your fantasies about us “crushing Russia” over such behavior seem both pompous and depressingly hypocritical.
Not to mention an illegal war in Libya, which turned that country into a slaughterhouse.

so you also haven't been paying attention to what the West is doing (economically) to crush Putin's Russia?

do you really want to admit that? do you really want to be embarrassed as i start posting links of all the sanctions?
Of course I have. You think some sanctions is "3-D chess"? LOL.

You have a very low bar for what you consider fantastic foreign policy.

Of course I have. You think some sanctions is "3-D chess"? LOL.

You have a very low bar for what you consider fantastic foreign policy.
if you need to call it something else to make yourself feel better it's no skin off my ass.

Not to mention an illegal war in Libya, which turned that country into a slaughterhouse.

Gaddafi was a serial rapist and mass murderer who sponsored terrorism across the globe for decades. The problem wasn’t keeping him from slaughtering his way into staying power; it’s that everyone decided to ignore Libya afterwards.

Ah! Whataboutism!

No, it wasn't helpful when the previous president did this either. Perhaps we should get someone in that office that knows that diplomacy is part of the job.

Whattaboutism. You folks said the "adults are in the room" now. So, shouldn't things be different than the last four years?

By the way, the big complaint from Democrats about Trump foreign policy was that he actually talked to the antagonistic nations and met with them, rather than bombastically insulting them. The Democrats were pissed Trump didn't kiss Merkel, Macron, and Trudeau's asses, but were also pissed that he met Kim Jong Un with a modicum of respect in order to try to work something out.

The Democrats were pissed that Trump knocked out ISIS and then drew down troops in Iraq and Syria. Democrats were pissed Trump didn't want anything to do with Libya, and that he wanted to bring troops home.

The Democrats don't care that they fomented a coup in Ukraine of the duly elected government, and said "**** Europe," as they helped install a new leader in Ukraine, while supporting a "quiet" proxy war in the Donbas for 8 years.... now they say we are "all ukrainians now!"
The Democrats where not pissed to see America succeed. Unlike most Republicans, they put country before party.

Back
Top Bottom