• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says he was expressing 'moral outrage' with off-script Putin remarks

Isn't everything he says his opinion? Every policy decision he makes as the POTUS is based on his opinions of issues.
Oh, so any POTUS can say anything because it's his opinion?
He could launch nukes whenever also. What's the point?

See, “The Big Lie Defense.”

This rather demolishes the idea that he's a puppet.

LOL......

His administration is working overtime
"President Biden defended his controversial remarks in which he appeared to call for regime change in Russia over the weekend – off-script comments that were quickly walked back by his administration.

"I am not walking anything back," he told reporters Monday after making remarks Monday about the release of his budget. "I was expressing the moral outrage that I feel, and I make no apologies for it."

On Saturday, Biden, capping his trip to NATO, said: "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

His administration quickly downplayed it, telling reporters that the president's comments did not signal a policy change."

Link

Well put, Mr. President. I dare say we all share in your moral outrage. You speak for all of us. A great leader.

Clean up in aisle 6........hurry!

Biden pooped his pants again.

That’s not what I meant. All policy positions are based on the opinions of the POTUS. That’s why they should be more careful about what they say publicly. Some might think it’s an official position which his staff might turn into reality. In this case his staff knowingly walked it back.

That’s not what I meant. All policy positions are based on the opinions of the POTUS. That’s why they should be more careful about what they say publicly. Some might think it’s an official position which his staff might turn into reality. In this case his staff knowingly walked it back.
Of course, they need to contain themselves from saying what they really mean or want. It's just that Biden's mental impairments cause him to not realize that what the heck he is saying, is something he should not be saying.

Of course, they need to contain themselves from saying what they really mean or want. It's just that Biden's mental impairments cause him to not realize that what the heck he is saying, is something he should not be saying.
Thus the need for his staff to walk his “opinions” back. For a man who has been in government for fifty years you’d think he would know better, but senility can cause people to say and do odd things that normal people wouldn’t.

LOL......

His administration is working overtime

Clean up in aisle 6........hurry!

Biden pooped his pants again.
I see you are promoting Putin again. Sad.

By default, when POTUS speaks, especially about leadership in other countries, like saying they shouldn't be in power, that is U.S. policy.

Who says? Source? "Should" isnt policy.

To say it was just his opinion, the next day, is just an embarrassment (yet another under Joe) for the nation, and shows that he doesn't know what he is saying and that he doesn't realize what he is doing. Fortunately, Russia has already said that they know he is a forgetful old fool and don't take him seriously.

Previously posted:

Again, that 'real strategy' is no secret to anyone, including Putin and it's embraced by pretty much everyone including many of the oligarchs at this point. But it is a firm message of solidarity for the Russian people, NATO, and the rest of the nations sanctioning Russia. Message: "If you're working on removing Putin, we're with you."​
Was it antagonistic? 🤷

He's out saying he's not walking anything back while his spokesmen are trying like hell to walk it back. You can't make this stuff up. When did words stop meaning what they mean?
When Trump supporters told us to ignore his ramblings and watch his actions 2016-2020

The fake outrage from the Right is comical after 4 years of hand waving away Trump's moronic statements.

"President Biden defended his controversial remarks in which he appeared to call for regime change in Russia over the weekend – off-script comments that were quickly walked back by his administration.

"I am not walking anything back," he told reporters Monday after making remarks Monday about the release of his budget. "I was expressing the moral outrage that I feel, and I make no apologies for it."

On Saturday, Biden, capping his trip to NATO, said: "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

His administration quickly downplayed it, telling reporters that the president's comments did not signal a policy change."

Link

Well put, Mr. President. I dare say we all share in your moral outrage. You speak for all of us. A great leader.
This is just another example of how bad Biden is. Then he read a script to try to walk back his stupid comment. What a joke.

Not complicated. Biden expressed his personal feeling as a moral human being, to the policy of the United States. Kind of like Lincoln's attitude toward slavery.
That's right. He can't always remember that his job is job includes controlling what he says.

When Trump supporters told us to ignore his ramblings and watch his actions 2016-2020

The fake outrage from the Right is comical after 4 years of hand waving away Trump's moronic statements.
There were many who supported Trump's policies that wished he would shut up and let others take care of twitter. But hey, let's do whataboutism.

There were many who supported Trump's policies that wished he would shut up and let others take care of twitter. But hey, let's do whataboutism.
Biden just said what many of us are thinking

Perhaps the Right would not like see there buddy Putin removed.

Who says? Source? "Should" isnt policy.

Previously posted:

Again, that 'real strategy' is no secret to anyone, including Putin and it's embraced by pretty much everyone including many of the oligarchs at this point. But it is a firm message of solidarity for the Russian people, NATO, and the rest of the nations sanctioning Russia. Message: "If you're working on removing Putin, we're with you."​
Was it antagonistic? 🤷
That's kind of like arguing that 2+2 doesn't equal 4 because, who says so? Get back to me when you understand the fundamentals.

That's kind of like arguing that 2+2 doesn't equal 4 because, who says so? Get back to me when you understand the fundamentals.

What's wrong with what I wrote? Quote it, be specific. Do you deny what I wrote? Show your work...what do you deny is accurate.

Biden just said what many of us are thinking

Perhaps the Right would not like see there buddy Putin removed.
The President of the United States can't always 'just say what he's thinking'. He has to be able to talk to Putin and conduct diplomatic relations.

Biden just made it that much harder for our diplomats and NATO to do their jobs.

Link

His statement was ridiculous. To say "I'm not walking anything back," means that US foreign policy as expressed by the President is that Vladimir Putin should be removed from office.

If Trump had said that, the Democrats would be saying the same thing. It's Biden, though, so the media and Democrats (but I repeat myself) scramble to cover up his gaffe.

Having "moral outrage" does not require a statement that Putin cannot remain in power. And saying he "cannot remain in power" is not the same thing as saying Putin shouldn't be exerting influence over his neighbors and the other "damage control" that the State Department and White House staff tried to sell us.

Biden "feeling moral outrage" doesn't give him license to spew nonsense and not be criticized for it. The Democrats need to stop being so blinkered and get their heads out of their asses. Who gives a shit about Biden's "apologies" or "making no apologies."

Even the BBC, which wrote a milquetoast article about the issue, had to acknowledge the danger Biden's comments caused: "The speed with which the US issued its "clarification" - later echoed by Mr Blinken - suggests the US understands the danger inherent in Mr Biden's words."

"There's a line between condemning a nation's leader - the sometimes overheated rhetoric of diplomacy - and calling for his removal. It was a line both the Americans and the Soviets respected even at the height of the Cold War. And it is a line that Mr Biden had apparently crossed."

"By Sunday, even some US allies were attempting to distance themselves from Mr Biden's remarks.
French President Emmanuel Macron warned that the US president was putting ceasefire negotiations between Russia and Ukraine in jeopardy.
"We want to stop the war that Russia has launched in Ukraine without escalation," he said. "If this is what we want to do, we should not escalate things - neither with words or actions."
In Washington, congressional leaders were also expressing concern. Idaho Republican Jim Risch, the senior Republican on the Senate foreign relations committee, called Mr Biden's remarks a "horrendous gaffe".

"My gosh, I wish they would keep him on script," he said. "Any time you say or even, as he did, suggest that the policy was regime change, it's going to cause a huge problem. This administration has done everything they can to stop escalating. There's not a whole lot more you can do to escalate than to call for regime change." https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60895392

Even the Atlantic published a story about this "own goal." https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/03/biden-putin-regime-change-russia/629397/

Biden is losing it.

See there's the embarrassing part. I get on the Internet and I watch people, who have no experience with International politics, pick out one thing or 1 event or 1 move and try to prove that they know what they're talking about. When it's obvious they can't even play a game of poker.

This is a big game played by superpowers. And it's a long game.

If you really want to prove that you know what you're talking about go ahead and tell us what your strategy would be 2 months from now 6 months from now a year from now and 5 years from now. I'll wait.
Rigghht...Biden is playing 3-D chess and is thinking 7 moves ahead..... gotcha.

I'm kind of embarrassed for a bunch of you guys. It's like you've never played poker. You don't know when to show some cards and you don't know when to have some hidden.
...or you don't know when a guy doesn't know how to play poker... and he's raising on the River with nothing but 3-card busted straight, and high of 9.

How can anyone respect a leader when he has to re-clarify everything he says?
He re-clarifies, says he didn't mean what he actually said, but then says he's not walking anything back.

Reactions: PoS

Link

A president doesn't have the luxury of waxing poetic. Everything he says is policy.

Reactions: PoS
Rigghht...Biden is playing 3-D chess and is thinking 7 moves ahead..... gotcha.
actually, Biden and the west came together, created a plan that will crush Russia without having a hot war with Russia and are continuing to implement it as we speak. Putin played a really bad hand and all he will have to show for it in the long run is a bunch of murders and maybe some stolen land.

now, TFG is still begging Putin for some stuff. so maybe they both can try to change the subject enough so the Russian people and the American people forget that Russia is getting their ass handed to them economically.

plus, in 100 years Europe will be off Russian energy (after this event scared them) so Putin crushed his own country long term as well.

so, yeah. chess.

...or you don't know when a guy doesn't know how to play poker... and he's raising on the River with nothing but 3-card busted straight, and high of 9.
of we see people like yourself sit on your couches and complain as the West crushes Russia for all the murders. that's uber manly.

If Biden said he believed Putin over US intelligence, Republicans would cheer.
If there is one group you can definitely believe, it's US intelligence.

CIA lied to Congress about torture and secret prisons - https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ress-on-torture-according-to-congress/453450/

CIA director john Brennan lied to Congress and the American people - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/31/cia-director-john-brennan-lied-senate

CIA drug trafficking.

Iran-Contra

Gulf of Tonkin

Searching Senate computers

Secret covert programs

Illegal wars

Deposing foreign leaders...

.....but sure, they'd never lie now that Biden is President.

Back
Top Bottom