• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden ends GOP infrastructure talks, starts new negotiations

you mean like the way biden is taking credit for a vaccine that he had nothing to do with?

He is rightly taking credit for speeding up production and getting it into people's arms.

So the Republicans lowered the corporate tax rate by, like 18% - on their own, totally partisan. Biden asks for a bi-partisan compromise, raise it half of what it was. The Republicans say no. They don't compromise. The Democrats do.

And really, why should they? Running a civilization doesn't appeal to them. Lots of nations have crumbling infrastructure and government institutions, and the oligarchy does fine. Bring on the "elections!"
Was the Schummer shutdown an example of the Democrats compromising?

Which of the House bills that died in the Senate are you talking about? They died because of Mitch not the Democrats.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...lative-priorities-being-held-up-in-the-senate
Your exact words in the post right before this one

and I Quote
Which of the House bills that died in the Senate are you talking about? They died because of Mitch not the Democrats.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...lative-priorities-being-held-up-in-the-senate
This is funny after you said the following in your post previous to this one.

"And you just outlined why we are in so much trouble now. We are woefully unprepared for the 21st century and you want to blame the States. This is not about blaming. That never fixed anything. This partisan BS has got to stop one way or another."

you seem completely comfortable pointing the blame at people. Why object when others do it too...

Why do you hate federal infrastructure?
Define it for me and I will let you know what I like and dislike from the Biden plan? Think the infrastructure plan will provide roads and sewers for Tent cities and the homeless?

Your comment has no place in this discussion. It's just an ad hom lacking creativity.
So you believe tent cities and homelessness are the product of capitalism? It was capitalism that made this country the greatest on the face of the earth but it was your ideology that destroyed incentive, created dependence and no consequences for poor personal choices made. Liberal results are ignored as you only choose what you believe are the good ones ignoring the reality that we now have the laws on the books for protecting individual rights including racial, minimum wage, worker's rights.

As I have pointed out and you ignored, liberalism is on display in every blue state and city in this country, high state and local taxes, high cost of living, poor quality of life. Biden's infrastructure bill is full of career creating programs of pork that put people in charge to keep people dependent. When liberalism results reconcile with the rhetoric then you will have something to tout but until then you have just those liberal results that you run from. Tent cities weren't created because of capitalism they were created by an ideology that wants people dependent, keeps them dependent, and creates the unemployable.

In addition infrastructure isn't only federal responsibility, it is also state and local responsibility. You continue to show that you have no idea what taxes you pay or their purpose. Giving the gov't more money for liberal programs may make you feel better but when they use SS, Medicare, Excise taxes for purposes other than their intent that creates the shortfall that has to be replenished which you now want to do with FIT and CIT. The Unified Budget is a liberal's dream, just give the gov't money, SS, Medicare, and Excise, let them spend it where they want, Vietnam War, War on poverty, war on drugs, then when the bills come due ask for a FIT and CIT hike getting support from you and the liberal ideologues who buy the liberal bs

One sticking point - Rich folks refuse to raise taxes on rich folks.
Let's see, California has raised taxes on the rich folks, has among the highest cost of living in the country, hasn't had a GOP legislature since the 60's, leads the nation in poverty, homeless, illegals, has among the poorest quality of life, most polluted cities, highest minimum wages, and the 6th largest economy in the world. Those results don't reconcile with your rhetoric and the opinion of others on the left who buy rhetoric and ignore reality.

Then you will have no objections when it is passed without GOP votes, right?

Going to be fun for the GOP to attack jobs and needed infrastructure in 2022. What are they running on again? Being angry at minorites?
“Needed infrastructure.” There wouldn’t be much contention if that’s all this proposal was. It’s going to be fun for the DNC to explain why people deserve to die on failed bridges because they insist on a bill with 2/3rds of the funding having absolutely nothing to do with infrastructure.

Your comment has no place in this discussion. It's just an ad hom lacking creativity.
There is nothing to be creative about with you as you buy the liberal rhetoric, never focus on context, believe that liberalism is the answer never addressing the liberal results. You going to tell us what exactly the line items in the Biden Infrastructure Bill that are truly infrastructure? Why is it you buy liberal rhetoric but never focus on liberal results?

So you believe tent cities and homelessness are the product of capitalism? It was capitalism that made this country the greatest on the face of the earth but it was your ideology that destroyed incentive, created dependence and no consequences for poor personal choices made. Liberal results are ignored as you only choose what you believe are the good ones ignoring the reality that we now have the laws on the books for protecting individual rights including racial, minimum wage, worker's rights.

As I have pointed out and you ignored, liberalism is on display in every blue state and city in this country, high state and local taxes, high cost of living, poor quality of life. Biden's infrastructure bill is full of career creating programs of pork that put people in charge to keep people dependent. When liberalism results reconcile with the rhetoric then you will have something to tout but until then you have just those liberal results that you run from. Tent cities weren't created because of capitalism they were created by an ideology that wants people dependent, keeps them dependent, and creates the unemployable.

In addition infrastructure isn't only federal responsibility, it is also state and local responsibility. You continue to show that you have no idea what taxes you pay or their purpose. Giving the gov't more money for liberal programs may make you feel better but when they use SS, Medicare, Excise taxes for purposes other than their intent that creates the shortfall that has to be replenished which you now want to do with FIT and CIT. The Unified Budget is a liberal's dream, just give the gov't money, SS, Medicare, and Excise, let them spend it where they want, Vietnam War, War on poverty, war on drugs, then when the bills come due ask for a FIT and CIT hike getting support from you and the liberal ideologues who buy the liberal bs

and

There is nothing to be creative about with you as you buy the liberal rhetoric, never focus on context, believe that liberalism is the answer never addressing the liberal results. You going to tell us what exactly the line items in the Biden Infrastructure Bill that are truly infrastructure? Why is it you buy liberal rhetoric but never focus on liberal results?

The topic of discussion isn't your obsession with owning libs. You aren't here to discuss the topic in good faith... as stated, all you do is whine about libs.

So no, there is no creativity in your posts. You don't have the ability to discuss topics on this board.

You are easily defeated, and I've become bored with you.

i'm not as excited about infrastructure in WV after someone announced that he will vote against HR1 and possibly doom the Democrats to permanent minority status in the process.
Yep. Without solving election problems, america will become a failed state.

and

The topic of discussion isn't your obsession with owning libs. You aren't here to discuss the topic in good faith... as stated, all you do is whine about libs.

So no, there is no creativity in your posts. You don't have the ability to discuss topics on this board.

You are easily defeated, and I've become bored with you.
My obsession is to get people like you to view results and not just buying the rhetoric. Wordsmithing my posts does nothing for your credibility as the liberal results trump your liberal rhetoric and opinions. Biden's infrastructure bill is filled with programs that have nothing to do with infrastructure and also ignores state and local responsibilities. You continue to show support for the unified budget rather than applying the taxes to the line items those taxes were created to fund. When money is borrowed from SS and Medicare never paid back that leaves a shortfall. Both those programs were funded by payroll taxes NOT FIT or CIT. Paying back the interest on those funds doesn't replenish the funds which you cannot seem to grasp.

“Needed infrastructure.” There wouldn’t be much contention if that’s all this proposal was. It’s going to be fun for the DNC to explain why people deserve to die on failed bridges because they insist on a bill with 2/3rds of the funding having absolutely nothing to do with infrastructure.

Why will they have to explain that? They will just pass the bill without the GOP. Problem solved.

Why will they have to explain that? They will just pass the bill without the GOP. Problem solved.
Right, problem solved as it always is with liberal spending, more dependence, no verifiable results.

Good luck getting it through the Senate after wasting reconciliation on unemployment bennies. :) Reality is that moderate Democrats and Republicans are going to take a chainsaw to this thing or it’s not going anywhere.

Show us how poorly informed you are by keep posting, how about those incredible liberal success stories in California, the bluest state in the country that hasn't had a GOP legislature since the 60's?

Congratulations on discovering that three of the biggest cities in America also have the most homeless, who tend to congregate.

What policies do you think created the homeless problem? I live here in San Diego and I love it. I see the homeless up close and it is largely people with mental issues. I don't think the dime I have to pay for a grocery bag is the cause of it.

Please, though, lecture me on my state of 40 years.

Congratulations on discovering that three of the biggest cities in America also have the most homeless, who tend to congregate.

What policies do you think created the homeless problem? I live here in San Diego and I love it. I see the homeless up close and it is largely people with mental issues. I don't think the dime I have to pay for a grocery bag is the cause of it.

Please, though, lecture me on my state of 40 years.
Liberal policies of no consequences for poor personal choices how can Liberalism have those issues

Don't you lecture anyone on liberalism as it is a fraud

My obsession is to get people like you to view results and not just buying the rhetoric. Wordsmithing my posts does nothing for your credibility as the liberal results trump your liberal rhetoric and opinions. Biden's infrastructure bill is filled with programs that have nothing to do with infrastructure and also ignores state and local responsibilities. You continue to show support for the unified budget rather than applying the taxes to the line items those taxes were created to fund. When money is borrowed from SS and Medicare never paid back that leaves a shortfall. Both those programs were funded by payroll taxes NOT FIT or CIT. Paying back the interest on those funds doesn't replenish the funds which you cannot seem to grasp.
tenor (2).gif

Liberal policies of no consequences for poor personal choices how can Liberalism have those issues

Name a policy.

It's conservative policies that have made poverty so bad in this country. Cutting mental health provisions, refusing to put together a public option, fighting against any type of welfare other than corporate, cutting / refusing to offer more funding towards education, fighting child care subsidies, etc....

The tent cities are a byproduct of your failed ideology, which is why the American people FIRED the QOP and put Democrats in charge.

It's conservative policies that have made poverty so bad in this country. Cutting mental health provisions, refusing to put together a public option, fighting against any type of welfare other than corporate, cutting / refusing to offer more funding towards education, fighting child care subsidies, etc....

The tent cities are a byproduct of your failed ideology, which is why the American people FIRED the QOP and put Democrats in charge.
No, the American people fired Trump and Republicans gained seats in the House out of pure hatred and liberal ignorance which I see here every day from radicals who claim to be independent. Tent cities are in liberal cities all over the country and there is no excuse for liberal leadership in those cities and states to allow that to happen. You keep diverting from city and state responsibility

Is there going to be ANY oversight in where the money goes? Or will the checks just get signed and someone says "Let's hope for the best!"?

We've seen COVID money go off the rails. From January:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — California may have paid out nearly $10 billion in phony coronavirus unemployment claims — more than double the previous estimate — with some of that money going to organized crime in Russia, China and other countries, according to a security firm hired to investigate the fraud.

Then there's this bit i saw today:

Blake Hall is CEO of ID.me, a company marketing itself to states to help cut down on this type of fraud. He made the provocative claim to Axios that as much as 50% of all unemployment claims -- more than $400 billion -- could be fraudulent.

Back
Top Bottom