• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden ends GOP infrastructure talks, starts new negotiations

Why will they have to explain that? They will just pass the bill without the GOP. Problem solved.
And then if there is a major failure in it, the Democrats will own it 100%

And then if there is a major failure in it, the Democrats will own it 100%
Yep..it will be obamacare all over again..we Republicans will blast the infrastructure bill for years..while quietly benefitting from it..and when it comes time for Republicans to " repeal and replace " the terrible infrastructure bill?
They won't because their states need it.

I think the whole infrastructure negotiations have reached an interesting point. It seems the bipartisan Senate group could potentially get a (bipartisan) bill which could potentially pass. I think the newest version is 1.2 trillion. But, Bernie and others are now saying they'd vote against it because they think the part 2 social part via reconciliation may then never pass (fearing they'd lose all interest of Manchin, Sinema, and others for part 2). So, this group wants the Dems to go it alone, one big bill via reconciliation and the White House (today) expressed support of this one big bill plan.
But, this makes me wonder if the whole thing might now blow up. I think it's quite questionable whether Manchin and a few others will go for the big, single party bill.
IMO, the citizens will give the bipartisan 1.2 trillion "physical" infrastructure bill the highest approval - by a bunch. So, not only will the Dems going it alone make it questionable they'll even have the votes in their own party - but, if they succeed, voters may think it all way too expensive with far too many unrelated (to infrastructure) pieces. That will be interesting at a time of inflation and when many already think the most recent Dem COVID bill was too expensive and harmful to the recovery by paying people too much to not work.
This will be an interesting couple of months, watching this play out.

Back
Top Bottom