• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden ends GOP infrastructure talks, starts new negotiations

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

(y) (y) (y)

It's over, GQP. The adults are in charge and they're going to show America how infrastructure is done. With the GQP out of the way, we're going to get a much better deal.

Oh, and since these are going to be a series of project funding, they get to go through the reconciliation process. No need to override the filibuster. :)

No more Lucy and the football!

CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg

Unfortunately, I had a feeling it would come to this. Negotiations would stall and we would see this all become a 2022 campaign issue for the next Congress.

I don't ever remember the 2016-2020 obstructionists, aka the congressional Democrats negotiating with Trump on hardly anything...And the echo chamber was right on board.

Karma.

(y) (y) (y)

It's over, GQP. The adults are in charge and they're going to show America how infrastructure is done. With the GQP out of the way, we're going to get a much better deal.

Oh, and since these are going to be a series of project funding, they get to go through the reconciliation process. No need to override the filibuster. :)

And Republicans will take credit for any and all infrastructure improvements in their districts and states just like they did for the American Rescue when not one R voted for it .:sneaky:

I don't ever remember the 2016-2020 obstructionists, aka the congressional Democrats negotiating with Trump on hardly anything...And the echo chamber was right on board.

Karma.
Then you will have no objections when it is passed without GOP votes, right?

Going to be fun for the GOP to attack jobs and needed infrastructure in 2022. What are they running on again? Being angry at minorites?

Then you will have no objections when it is passed without GOP votes, right?

Going to be fun for the GOP to attack jobs and needed infrastructure in 2022. What are they running on again? Being angry at minorites?
Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato Head?

(y) (y) (y)

Whatever it takes to get their pork.

Unfortunately, I had a feeling it would come to this. Negotiations would stall and we would see this all become a 2022 campaign issue for the next Congress.

Trump and the Democrats agreed on a number of things, but McConnell kept him in check.

So the Republicans lowered the corporate tax rate by, like 18% - on their own, totally partisan. Biden asks for a bi-partisan compromise, raise it half of what it was. The Republicans say no. They don't compromise. The Democrats do.

And really, why should they? Running a civilization doesn't appeal to them. Lots of nations have crumbling infrastructure and government institutions, and the oligarchy does fine. Bring on the "elections!"

Yes, it sure will.

Karma.
Untrue, there were a number of examples of Trump and the Democrats achieving agreement. McConnell stepped in every time.

That said your final point is correct. McConnell obstructed everyone… Democrats… Trump… Obama. I think everyone is done with him. Karma indeed.

Karma.

There were no negotiations because the position of the Republican Party was "Skru-U".

Trump and the Democrats agreed on a number of things, but McConnell kept him in check.

No, not accurate in the slightest.

It is more that Republicans and Democrats have a very different concept of what is and is not infrastructure and neither side wants to budge much to even hint at middle ground. Then you add in the extremes of either party and matters get much worse.

It is rare, as in perhaps never, that McConnell has any control over Trump. If anything it is the other way around where Trump has control over way too many Republicans.

i'm not as excited about infrastructure in WV after someone announced that he will vote against HR1 and possibly doom the Democrats to permanent minority status in the process.

tell me , why do democrats always use these mega bills to get their crap through?

rhetorical question, I already know why...

piggy.jpg

Last edited:
Likely so but as an example of the Republicans refusing to really compromise on something hugely needed and widely supported by voters especially middle-class workers who would have benefited greatly.

The Republicans need to stop being petty. Bullshit like "karma" is only ensuring their demise.

(y) (y) (y)

Oh, my, are you really this poorly educated and informed. you do not seem to grasp the reality of the taxes you pay and what actually funds infrastructure. AS usual this is all about federal spending of taxpayer dollars and not states spending their own taxpayer dollars. Not sure where you liberals got your education but it wasn't in this country. Infrastructure is the responsibility of the federal, state, and local governments but as usual you ignore the state and local responsibilities as well as ignore the definition of infrastructure. Biden and liberals in general has never seen a dollar that they won't spend on something to promote dependence and their ideology

No, not accurate in the slightest.

It is more that Republicans and Democrats have a very different concept of what is and is not infrastructure and neither side wants to budge much to even hint at middle ground. Then you add in the extremes of either party and matters get much worse.

It is rare, as in perhaps never, that McConnell has any control over Trump. If anything it is the other way around where Trump has control over way too many Republicans.
I have been seeing the issue come down to spending. The GOP wants to reappropriate unspent covid-19 relief funds and the Dems are refusing because those funds are set to be spent at later dates in the year (and to a lesser degree into 2022).

The Biden Administration compromised down from $1.8 trillion to $1 trillion in new funding. GOP wanted $250 billion.

I have been seeing the issue come down to spending. The GOP wants to reappropriate unspent covid-19 relief funds and the Dems are refusing because those funds are set to be spent at later dates in the year (and to a lesser degree into 2022).

The Biden Administration compromised down from $1.8 trillion to $1 trillion in new funding. GOP wanted $250 billion.
Define where your state and local excise taxes go and what exactly was in the 1.8 trillion dollar proposal? You buy the word infrastructure but context as you have proven doesn't matter and never will

Define where your state and local excise taxes go and what exactly was in the 1.8 trillion dollar proposal?
You don't command anything from anyone. if you have a point... make it. But you have in no way addressed what you've quoted.
You buy the word infrastructure but context as you have proven doesn't matter and never will
Context 🤣🤣🤣

You don't command anything from anyone. if you have a point... make it. But you have in no way addressed what you've quoted.

Context 🤣🤣🤣
Couple points, first of all there is nothing independent in any of your posts as you are purely liberal, Second you have no idea what taxes you pay or their purpose, third anything coming out of Biden and the Democrats regarding spending is automatically accepted and promoted by you. You hear the word infrastructure and immediately think of highways and bridges yet haven't posted the Biden bill where actual infrastructure projects were defined. Do you have any idea what excise taxes fund and to whom, federal, state, local?

Back
Top Bottom