• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden’s Net Approval Rating Is Underwater in 40 States

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Biden’s Net Approval Rating Is Underwater in 40 States​

The president has made up no ground in states that’ll be key to Democrats’ chances in 2022 and 2024​

BY ELI YOKLEY
April 26, 2022 at 5:00 am ET
  • In most states, the pace of Biden’s decline slowed between the last quarter of 2021 and the first quarter of 2022, but he’s still deep in the red.
  • Biden’s net approval rating fell by 38 points among independents in Michigan, along with 33-point declines with the group in Georgia and Minnesota.
  • More than half of Democratic voters “strongly” approve of Biden’s performance in just one state — Wyoming — compared to 47 states in the first quarter of 2021.
Perceptions of President Joe Biden’s job performance worsened across most of the country in the first quarter of this year, deepening the challenges for his party in key states ahead of this year’s midterm elections that largely overlap with the 2024 presidential map.

According to Morning Consult Political Intelligence quarterly tracking in all 50 states, more voters now disapprove than approve of Biden’s job performance in 40 states, following double-digit declines in his net approval rating — the share of voters who approve minus the share who disapprove — since he took office in January 2021.

Tracking Biden’s Popularity Among Voters in All 50 States​

All-Voters-Biden-Approval-220422.png

Terrible numbers, especially in states that will decide Senate & House control in November.

Pathetic cheerleading bs.

Not surprising.

Biden promised to wave a magic wand and save us from the 'incompetent' Trump - and people are seeing us as being in worse shape than before.

Biden’s Net Approval Rating Is Underwater in 40 States​

The president has made up no ground in states that’ll be key to Democrats’ chances in 2022 and 2024​

BY ELI YOKLEY
April 26, 2022 at 5:00 am ET
  • In most states, the pace of Biden’s decline slowed between the last quarter of 2021 and the first quarter of 2022, but he’s still deep in the red.
  • Biden’s net approval rating fell by 38 points among independents in Michigan, along with 33-point declines with the group in Georgia and Minnesota.
  • More than half of Democratic voters “strongly” approve of Biden’s performance in just one state — Wyoming — compared to 47 states in the first quarter of 2021.
Perceptions of President Joe Biden’s job performance worsened across most of the country in the first quarter of this year, deepening the challenges for his party in key states ahead of this year’s midterm elections that largely overlap with the 2024 presidential map.

According to Morning Consult Political Intelligence quarterly tracking in all 50 states, more voters now disapprove than approve of Biden’s job performance in 40 states, following double-digit declines in his net approval rating — the share of voters who approve minus the share who disapprove — since he took office in January 2021.

Tracking Biden’s Popularity Among Voters in All 50 States​

All-Voters-Biden-Approval-220422.png

Terrible numbers, especially in states that will decide Senate & House control in November.
So no election tomorrow right?

Not surprising.

Biden promised to wave a magic wand and save us from the 'incompetent' Trump - and people are seeing us as being in worse shape than before.
Perhaps the upcoming show trial (performance) by the democrat-led Jan 6th committee will help their chances in the November election.

I wonder how they will try to time it for maximum impact. Will they wait until after Labor Day?

The Titanic.

Not surprising.

"People" are seeing us that way? What people? With links, please.

Perhaps the upcoming show trial (performance) by the democrat-led Jan 6th committee will help their chances in the November election.

I wonder how they will try to time it for maximum impact. Will they wait until after Labor Day?
Nah, they'll have actual court cases by then.

What is there to like? Not a whole lot.

I'll still be voting against whoever the Republicans run. It will probably be captain coup or an asshole governor.

Wanna bet?

They are going to produce a "made for TV" non-binding event. Book it.
That makes me happy.

I was referring to actual court cases, not from the 1.6 committee. Absolutely I'd bet you.

I don't see the answer in the OP. The OP showed some poll numbers. I wouldn't rate Biden high. I also would never say we were better under Trump. We weren't.
Yes, poll numbers that show people across 40 states that think Biden's doing a terrible job.

Yes, poll numbers that show people across 40 states that think Biden's doing a terrible job.

Here is what you claimed. And the poll didn't ask them "are we in worse shape than before" (with your reference to Trump):

Not surprising.

I voted for Biden. I would rate him a C. And say that we are better off with him as POTUS.

Here is what you claimed. And the poll didn't ask them "are we in worse shape than before" (with your reference to Trump):

I voted for Biden. I would rate him a C. And say that we are better off with him as POTUS.
Hum. I would give him a B-, because there are certain things he did that exceeded my expectations of him. That being said, I won't vote for him in the primary. I want someone who is under 70. If the Republicans put Trump up, I definitely would vote for him again.

Wanna bet?

They are going to produce a "made for TV" non-binding event. Book it.

They’re about to implicate much of the GOP Congressional and Senate leadership in Trump’s insurrection plot.

The entire party will have a lot of explaining to do. It was obvious that the plot was widely known amongst Republicans on Capitol Hill. Although Trump may not have let them in on the riot part. He figured them to be disposable anyway.

Hearings start next month, with witnesses. And I suspect they’ll start enforcing subpoenas, too.

There is almost no doubt that there will be criminal referrals. So many to choose from!

Hum. I would give him a B-, because there are certain things he did that exceeded my expectations of him. That being said, I won't vote for him in the primary. I want someone who is under 70. If the Republicans put Trump up, I definitely would vote for him again.

You know you just flatly contraducted……..yourself.

One the one hand, you want someone under 70. On the other, you’re perfectly willing to vote for the guy who tried to overthrow the government in order to install himself as king.

I will, like you, vote for him if he is the nominee and if my other option is Trump.

In the primaries I'm also looking for a younger, newer model. I like Michael Bennet (CO). I also like Pete Buttigieg but not sure if he's ready. There are also others I like.

Republicans can change the potus vote at the final state level if they lose in states they control. Like Georgia, Florida, Texas, and Arizona for starters.

I will, like you, vote for him if he is the nominee and if my other option is Trump.

In the primaries I'm also looking for a younger, newer model. I like Michael Bennet (CO). I also like Pete Buttigieg but not sure if he's ready. There are also others I like.
Is Bennet a natural citizen? He was born in India. Were his parents american?

I give Biden higher marks than most.

He’s exactly the President I expected him to be.

He took on the thankless job of ending the Afghan war, which would have been a losing effort no matter who did it. It takes a lot of political courage to kill the elephant in the room. Trump wasn’t up to it, and neither was Obama. Bush certainly wasn’t going to do it, since he made the mess to begin with.

I am especially pleased that Biden has acted forcefully and in measured steps to oppose Putin’s brinksmanship in Ukraine. The thought of Trump cheering Putin on is even more disgraceful than what we already suffered through.

And Biden unified and strengthened the Western Alliance. In so doing, he foiled Putin’s long running ambition to undermine America’s faith in itself and get everyone feuding.

And Biden has restored the world’s faith in American leadership, something which had been dealt a serious blow during the trump regieme (and during Bush’s time as well).

He got the infrastructure bill passed. Why Republicans have to be brought kicking and screaming to the table to do the obvious (especially when the obvious contsins goodies for every member’s district) is beyond me. Before Newt Gingrich started promoting hyper partisanship, it didn’t used to be that way.

Is Bennet a natural citizen? He was born in India. Were his parents american?

That came up when he ran in 2020. His father was born in NJ. His mother emigrated to the US when she was 12 and was a citizen when he was born. Michael was born in India because his father was the then-aide to the US Ambassador.

Back
Top Bottom