• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden’s Net Approval Rating Is Underwater in 40 States

You misinterpreted my response - read in something that wasn't there. I agree - not about Trump. I didn't say it was.

What I said (again) is that Biden's done a terrible job. He promised to save the country from Trump - fix all the things that were going wrong. A year + in and hasn't done that. We're in worse shape than when he started. People are disappointed because he failed to deliver - and the polls reflect that.

He did save the country from Trump.

We have record low unemployment. We are finally out of Afghanistan 20 years later. We have an infrastructure bill. Those are three things he gets credit for. You are free to ignore them.

Not surprising.

Biden promised to wave a magic wand and save us from the 'incompetent' Trump - and people are seeing us as being in worse shape than before.

Absurd.

Biden was elected to not be Trump and he's not Trump. Everyone except progressives is satisfied. Progressives are all, "he should do more" but the rest of us, the majority of Biden voters, are satisfied and will remain so.

Pretending that anyone except the far left had any expectations of Biden is nonsense. Biden won because Trump is horrible. Biden won. That's it. We're good. He never needs to do anything else. 4 years down the toilet is fine.

Not surprising.

Biden promised to wave a magic wand and save us from the 'incompetent' Trump - and people are seeing us as being in worse shape than before.
“Seeing” being the problematic word. A predictable, repeatable percentage of any demographic can be convinced to “see” anything anybody wants to pay enough for.

I see. So you are arguing about the definition of "plummeting"? OK. I'll concede that it's steadily worked it's way down over the past year.
Thank you.

Is his numbers good? Nope. Should he be doing more? Yep.
People are not happy with high gas and food prices.

Thank you.

Is his numbers good? Nope. Should he be doing more? Yep.
People are not happy with high gas and food prices.

And there are millions of morons who think the POTUS controls gas and food prices.

I wonder what plan the Republicans have for when they retake control of Congress. I mean, according to them, it's all the Democrats' fault they are high. Let's see how they will fix them.

He did save the country from Trump.

We have record low unemployment. We are finally out of Afghanistan 20 years later. We have an infrastructure bill. Those are three things he gets credit for. You are free to ignore them.
lol. Not ignoring those. I actually mentioned Afghanistan.

unemployment = recovery from Covid. Happened in spite of Biden - certainly not as a result of his actions
Afganistan = Trump made that decision, and Biden turned what should have been an orderly exit out the door and turn off the lights into an unmitigated disaster
Infrastructure = It was democrats that held this up, refusing to give any perceived victory to Trump, and in the end, doubling the price tag with non-infrastructure spending.

So, no, he doesn't get any credit for these.

lol. Not ignoring those. I actually mentioned Afghanistan.

unemployment = recovery from Covid. Happened in spite of Biden - certainly not as a result of his actions
Afganistan = Trump made that decision, and Biden turned what should have been an orderly exit out the door and turn off the lights into an unmitigated disaster
Infrastructure = It was democrats that held this up, refusing to give any perceived victory to Trump, and in the end, doubling the price tag with non-infrastructure spending.

So, no, he doesn't get any credit for these.

Trump had 4 years to withdraw from Afghanistan. He didn't do it. Biden did. Biden gets the historic credit for that. Not Trump. That is a fact.

Biden got the infrastructure bill passed. That is in his win column. That is a fact.

Here is what you claimed. And the poll didn't ask them "are we in worse shape than before" (with your reference to Trump):

I voted for Biden. I would rate him a C. And say that we are better off with him as POTUS.
Based on what? Note that I personally loathe Trump.

And there are millions of morons who think the POTUS controls gas and food prices.

I wonder what plan the Republicans have for when they retake control of Congress. I mean, according to them, it's all the Democrats' fault they are high. Let's see how they will fix them.
Republicans' plans when they retake Congress?

Investigate Joe Biden
Investigate Hunter Biden
Investigate Hillary Clinton
Investigate Anthony Fauci
Draw up articles of impeachment for Joe Biden
Draw up articles of impeachment for Kamala Harris
Ban books and gays and trans-gender

That's it.

Trump had 4 years to withdraw from Afghanistan. He didn't do it. Biden did. Biden gets the historic credit for that. Not Trump. That is a fact.

Biden got the infrastructure bill passed. That is in his win column. That is a fact.
Trump made the decision and started the process. He expected to be president when complete. All Biden had to do was pull out the remaining forces and he burned the country down in the exit. You may give him 'historic credit' for being president when it happened, but it wasn't his decision, and he blew the execution.

Similar with infrastructure. He had nothing to do with it, other than removing democrat obstruction.

Form over any substance, these occurred on his watch. Doesn't offset the many failures his administration has overseen.

Republicans' plans when they retake Congress?

Investigate Joe Biden
Investigate Hunter Biden
Investigate Hillary Clinton
Investigate Anthony Fauci
Draw up articles of impeachment for Joe Biden
Draw up articles of impeachment for Kamala Harris
Ban books and gays and trans-gender

That's it.

Exactly.

Trump made the decision and started the process. He expected to be president when complete. All Biden had to do was pull out the remaining forces and he burned the country down in the exit. You may give him 'historic credit' for being president when it happened, but it wasn't his decision, and he blew the execution.

He didn't get out out of Afghanistan. Biden did. That is what will be in the history books. Just like George W. Bush will make the history books as the person who got us in there.

The riot / civil disturbance that occurred on January 6, which could arguably fall under the category of an insurrection, wasn't planned. The document you are referring to wasn't a plan for an insurrection. And the two aren't connected.

The fact that you jump to ad hominem in your response demonstrates that you can't support your position on the facts. You just threw something out there and thought it would be accepted.

Any comments on Biden's plummeting approval ratings?

It most certainly was. We have a growing mountain of evidence of that.

And dispite your false assertion, the Eastman Memo was a plan for an insurrection, one that was apparantly widely shared around the GOP leadership.

Your insistance that this memo is not the outline of an insurrection plot is patently and obviously false on its face.

Don’t bother with it anymore. You’re making a fool of yourself by trying to pretend that it wasn’t.

Trump and his henchmen began plotting even before Biden was named winner in November. We have written evidence of that.

And, of course, your fuhrer is staging a losing rear guard action to keep his communications on the day of his riot secret.

The two were very obviously connected, since the insurrection that Trump wanted proceeded according to Eastman’s plan. With one exception.

Pence wouldn’t play ball. That concern was clearly telegraphed to the rioters.

Since they “spontaneously“ showed up with a gallows with Pence’s name on it.

Your attempts to deny the obvious are pathetic, disloyal, and un American.

Own your disgrace.

Absurd.

Biden was elected to not be Trump and he's not Trump. Everyone except progressives is satisfied. Progressives are all, "he should do more" but the rest of us, the majority of Biden voters, are satisfied and will remain so.

Pretending that anyone except the far left had any expectations of Biden is nonsense. Biden won because Trump is horrible. Biden won. That's it. We're good. He never needs to do anything else. 4 years down the toilet is fine.

No, but building that notion up is something taht trump media does all the time.

They want their audience to actually believe that people will run back to the clown prince, his corruption, incompetence and stupid antics.

Not going to happen.

It most certainly was. We have a growing mountain of evidence of that.

And dispite your false assertion, the Eastman Memo was a plan for an insurrection, one that was apparantly widely shared around the GOP leadership.

Your insistance that this memo is not the outline of an insurrection plot is patently and obviously false on its face.

[ad hominem removed]

Trump and his henchmen began plotting even before Biden was named winner in November. We have written evidence of that.

[Nazi reference removed]

The two were very obviously connected, since the insurrection that Trump wanted proceeded according to Eastman’s plan. With one exception.

Pence wouldn’t play ball. That concern was clearly telegraphed to the rioters.

Since they “spontaneously“ showed up with a gallows with Pence’s name on it.

[ad hominem removed]
Again - you are conflating issues. The 'riot' and attempts at procedural maneuvers. The "Eastman Memo" was a proposal for using procedural maneuvers. That's not an insurrection. And as you even noted, it didn't happen.

This whole response - characterizing political maneuvering as an insurrection, and conflating it with the riot on Jan 6 is really silly. It's also irrelevant to Biden's polling issues as noted in the OP. Between the Nazi references and ad hominem attacks, it's clearly an attempt to derail the thread and distract from the topic. I'm not going to continue down the rabbit hole with you. Take care.

Again - you are conflating issues. The 'riot' and attempts at procedural maneuvers. The "Eastman Memo" was a proposal for using procedural maneuvers. That's not an insurrection. And as you even noted, it didn't happen.

This whole response - characterizing political maneuvering as an insurrection, and conflating it with the riot on Jan 6 is really silly. It's also irrelevant to Biden's polling issues as noted in the OP. Between the Nazi references and ad hominem attacks, it's clearly an attempt to derail the thread and distract from the topic. I'm not going to continue down the rabbit hole with you. Take care.

Insurrections are nothing but political maneuvering.

Stop trying to pretend that a plot to nullify and election in order to install the loser is not an insurrection plot.

You’re just a liar if you’re going to keep on doing that.

This was an insurrection plot.

I don’t need to conflate it with trump’s riot.

The plot didn’t need the riot. But trump and his more radical henchmen didn’t feel secure without it. Which is why they prompted the big lie and has all the Q crowd chanting “Hang Mike Pence”.

Own your disgrace.

You’re making weak, openly dishonest and very pathetic excuses for your failed wannabe fuhrer.

MSM think it's a scandal that Jared Kushner pals around with a likely murderer of a US reporter, but fail to see anything wrong when Hunter Biden pals around with a Chinese dictator who has over a million people in concentration camps. I suspect some regular people think MSM has its head up its ass with these priorities.
Well, there is a big difference. Jared got 2 billion dollars for that... and it's partly because he was workign IN the white house when things happened.

Insurrections are nothing but political maneuvering.
That's completely incorrect.

insurrection, an organized and usually violent act of revolt or rebellion against an established government or governing authority of a nation-state or other political entity by a group of its citizens or subjects; also, any act of engaging in such a revolt.

That's completely incorrect.

insurrection, an organized and usually violent act of revolt or rebellion against an established government or governing authority of a nation-state or other political entity by a group of its citizens or subjects; also, any act of engaging in such a revolt.

I won’t play your stupid little game.

We all saw what happened.

We all have watched as one by one, the trump regime and more and more of the GOP leadership are identified as conspirators or fellow travelers.

You don’t have a leg to stand on and you know it.

But if playing these little parsing games make you happy, so be it.

You aren’t fooling anyone.

BTW, since the definition you quoted says “usually” not “alway” or “necessarily”, you don’t have a leg to stand on there either.

Of course, you’re continuing to indulge in the convenient fiction that the riot was a separate “spontaneous” event (complete with gallows).

The skinheads who stood around Trump that day, and whose forces were the spearheads of the riots say differently.

It’s very clear that it is only a matter of time before the direct connection between these people and the trump inner circle is documented.

But you can pretend otherwise until that moment. Which shouldn’t be too much longer now.

My apologies for mislabeling you, but how am I supposed to know that?

I have no way of knowing your level of support other than what you post here. Based on the fact you said you voted for Biden, are strongly advocating for him here, and are lashing out at me for saying he's done a terrible job, I assumed you were a supporter. You certainly aren't taking an objective viewpoint. But again, if I mislabeled you, my apologies.

Sure, my opinion is my opinion. (Noting that you said I lied). What I said was that Biden has done a terrible job, and in many ways the country is in a worse position than we were when he took office. And that's absolutely true. The collapse and evacuation of Afghanistan was a disaster. The border policy is in shambles - and the situation there has become a political and humanitarian disaster. The Russia / Ukraine mess has us on the brink of war, and China is rattling it's sword in the pacific. Energy policy is in the toilet, with fuel prices through the roof. The budget continues to be a disaster, and the economy is struggling, with inflation spiking. The 'bright spot' is that Covid is getting better - an area where Biden largely continued the vaccination plan started under Trump, and got some help from a very contagious and mild omicron variant.

Looping back to the OP, most of the country agrees that Biden is doing a bad job - his approval rating is underwater in 40 states.
you said:
  • The collapse and evacuation of Afghanistan was a disaster.
  • (Biden is not the cause of the the irregularities that led to the Taliban take over, you know it and try and ignore the fact it was Trump, who met with the Taliban and ignored Afghan government and its military while Trump made a deal with the Taliban... because he thought he was King dictator of something, without understanding, the Taliban did not care what he said, they never stopped fighting to try and dominate Afghanistan,
    • Trump's actions caused grave damage to the Afghan government and its military, and then Trump removed U.S. Troops, that further cased chaos and embolden the Taliban. ( if you try to deny it, I could post links that back up what I say, but you can do your own research, IF the truth means anything to you.

• The border policy is in shambles -
    • LBJ created a Immigration plan in 1965, If Republican has not been fighting it since them, we'd not be having the type of issues,
      • and if we had respected Mexico and Central America before we shipped industry to China, and helped Mexico and Central America Build, up, North America, Mexico and Central America would have the strongest and more robust Industrial, Economic and Productive Continent on the planet.
  • The Russia / Ukraine mess has us on the brink of war, and
    • "This is not a U.S. created issue...
  • China is rattling it's sword in the pacific. -
    • We don't own or control China
  • Energy policy is in the toilet, with fuel prices through the roof. -
    • No President controls Private Operated Oil Companies and Refineries
  • The budget continues to be a disaster, and
    • The Budget was blown out of the water during Bush #2's Term that led to 20 yrs of war that escalated the debt.
  • the economy is struggling, with inflation spiking.
    • The Pandemic came and it is still raging in some parts of the world...

When it comes to "President"

Yet, for a society that claims itself to be "intelligent"... IF that were true, its "people" as citizens; should work hard to uphold and advance that claim of "intellect". (It requires ongoing learning!!!!)

• Yet in reality what we have is a society, that lives based on emotions built upon folklore and its assumptions wrapped in bias and bigotry, rather than learned principles, facts, process and procedures of how a Representative Democracy is designed to function.

"Our Problem in America, is rooted in "Civic Illiteracy of Representative Democracy" among the citizen population, which because abused by Political Tribes, Cults and Gangs we call Party. So, emotion voids out "intellect" and "stupidity rages to amplify emotionalism, and what ensues is "ignorance".

In a Representative Democracy, where people get to "vote"... and Legislation and Presidential Agenda work in conjunction or (is supposed to be designed to work in conjunction), it is more important to know what the Agenda is, and how legislation works, and support the principle of "legislated elected people" to negotiate the details to work to meet the administrative agenda.
That means, people "must" evolved to be "intelligent" to use that intellect to know what are the Bills, Measures, Policies and Outcomes that are functional to meet the Administrative Agenda.

• (That's Representative Democracy").... and that is also, why, our Constitution does not mention anything about "Political Parties", because Political Parties are based on "Divisiveness", NOT "Cohesiveness", as a "United People" working for a Common Good, based on Majority Consensus.
end quote

-------------
Too Many People don't seem to understand what a President is: A President, who respects the Office of The Presidency, knows the jobs is based within working by and with the Presidential Cabinet and Departments and Divisions, for Information and Means to address civic and civil issues and concerns. And a President knows its important to work to promote positive outcomes by working with the Legislature. A President, Respects, the independence of the Judiciary System.

We don't have a "Tyrant", we are not designed for a "Dictator" and we don't have a "Monarch".... therefore we DO NOT have a Presidential Office Holder who can Preside by "decree"...

end quote

Why are people "full of expect, before they learn what to respect"?
It's always interesting how people gloss over principle based factors... in their rush to get back to play the " backwards spin and drama spinning games)

No, but building that notion up is something taht trump media does all the time.

They want their audience to actually believe that people will run back to the clown prince, his corruption, incompetence and stupid antics.

Not going to happen.

It's insulting when partisan trash pretends the average guy is stupid enough to still support Trump. Only disgusting morons, racists and other scum support Trump today. Are they a danger? Sure. They committed violent insurrection. But they are not the majority.

you said:
  • The collapse and evacuation of Afghanistan was a disaster.
  • (Biden is not the cause of the the irregularities that led to the Taliban take over, you know it and try and ignore the fact it was Trump, who met with the Taliban and ignored Afghan government and its military while Trump made a deal with the Taliban... because he thought he was King dictator of something, without understanding, the Taliban did not care what he said, they never stopped fighting to try and dominate Afghanistan,
    • Trump's actions caused grave damage to the Afghan government and its military, and then Trump removed U.S. Troops, that further cased chaos and embolden the Taliban. ( if you try to deny it, I could post links that back up what I say, but you can do your own research, IF the truth means anything to you.

• The border policy is in shambles -
    • LBJ created a Immigration plan in 1965, If Republican has not been fighting it since them, we'd not be having the type of issues,
      • and if we had respected Mexico and Central America before we shipped industry to China, and helped Mexico and Central America Build, up, North America, Mexico and Central America would have the strongest and more robust Industrial, Economic and Productive Continent on the planet.
  • The Russia / Ukraine mess has us on the brink of war, and
    • "This is not a U.S. created issue...
  • China is rattling it's sword in the pacific. -
    • We don't own or control China
  • Energy policy is in the toilet, with fuel prices through the roof. -
    • No President controls Private Operated Oil Companies and Refineries
  • The budget continues to be a disaster, and
    • The Budget was blown out of the water during Bush #2's Term that led to 20 yrs of war that escalated the debt.
  • the economy is struggling, with inflation spiking.
    • The Pandemic came and it is still raging in some parts of the world...
Not everything is within a President's control. However--- a lot of things are within their control, and they policies they set have consequences. There's a wide range between being all-powerful and being ineffectual. Biden is firmly on the right hand side of that spectrum.

Afghanistan is a great example. No, Biden didn't make the decision to leave Afghanistan or start the process. He didn't start the drawdown of troops. But he didn't react to the unravelling of the country or plan an orderly withdrawal. We left the country with it collapsing around us, If not for the Taliban - who had better control over the situation than we did - it could have been much, much, worse.

Back
Top Bottom