• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attorney General Merrick Garland expected to name special counsel in Trump criminal probe, report says

Not getting your post bmy post as it reates to mibe in response to yours about investigating "the big guy" not Trump

Garland mentioned that both Trump and Biden have stated intent to run for President in 2024. He cited that as a reason to name a special prosecutor. OK, but why on only one of the candidates? Biden's name has come up numerous times in regard to SAR's regarding the Biden family and with knowledge of his son's suspect activities with foreign nations. Once again the DOJ appears to be weaponized against republican Trump and to be protecting Biden.
Because the DOJ has no ongoing investigations involving Joe Biden. Nor do they have any probable cause to open one. The investigation into his Hunter remains active and ongoing. The DOJ isn’t playing any favorites here.

If Trump releases the information while there is an investigation going on, he'll be charged with obstruction of justice.

Of all the dumbshit posts I've read from you on this thread, this one is the dumbest. Releasing 'info' wouldn't be obstructing justice. He's free to release whatever unclassified information he wants. He can do interviews and write books about it (if he could express a single coherent thought). Obstruction would be the opposite of releasing information -- it would be attempting to delete or destroy information.

Dude, seriously, take a break.

I just stated...in so many words...that the DOJ is doing this for political purposes.
No, they are doing this because the DOJ suspects that the jackass committed multiple crimes.
This is going to be fun!

Here we go again. Trump announces and the investigations start up. They did this since 2015 and yet they have failed to prove criminal acts despite all their claims. Are democrats that afraid that Trump will not only run but will be the nominee and win the election. That's certainly what it looks like.
The jackass is going to be indicted and isn’t even going to come close to being the nominee. He is going to prison. Hopefully for a very long time.

Wrong.

Trump has all the evidence. He declassified it. It just needs to be released.
Ummmm….there is no proof he declassified the illegally obtained documents. And it doesn’t even matter if they were declassification. He has no legal right to possess them-classified or not.

Of course...

Got to keep Trump from releasing unclassified documents that prove DOJ/FBI corruption.
How does that prevent that? What an idiotic, bizarre post. You literally had nothing to say, but posted anyway.

The jackass is going to be indicted and isn’t even going to come close to being the nominee. He is going to prison. Hopefully for a very long time.
Hopefully. Or he will not be allowed to run and will be heavily fined.

??

You really think if Trump gets elected, he won't appoint an AG that removes the SC?
His plan is to pardon himself. He won’t come close to that however.
He’s going to prison.

Hopefully. Or he will not be allowed to run and will be heavily fined.
If he committed a crime or crimes he needs to be severely punished. Prison sounds good to me.

This is true, but not because he'll be indicted. It's because he cost Republicans three elections in a row and now doesn't have the help of Rupert Murdoch.

Ummmm….there is no proof he declassified the illegally obtained documents. And it doesn’t even matter if they were declassification. He has no legal right to possess them-classified or not.
Wrong on both counts.

When Garland announces an investigation into Biden's connections to the Family and foriegn business dealings, then I'll believe the DOJ and FBI are impartial. I don't expect to see that happen.

A special counsel republicans would approve of!
I don’t know about that, Jesus Christ could be named special counsel and there would be a ton of dirt on him before the dawn……

Breaking story. Stay tuned for updates.
That's probably the best way to go. this from an article about the appointment.

"According to Garland’s order, Smith will take over the entirety of the probe into the presence of numerous White House records and documents with classified markings at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida after he left office in January 2021. Smith will also take over the ongoing investigation into “efforts to interfere with the lawful transfer of power following the 2020 presidential election or the certification of the Electoral College vote held on or about January 6, 2021” as well as related matters.

However, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C., will retain control over investigations and prosecutions of people “physically present on the Capitol grounds” on Jan. 6, 2021, Garland’s order said. About 900 people at or near the Capitol that day have been charged criminally with offenses ranging from trespassing to seditious conspiracy against the U.S. government."

I think this was the right thing to do.

When Garland announces an investigation into Biden's connections to the Family and foriegn business dealings, then I'll believe the DOJ and FBI are impartial. I don't expect to see that happen.
Donald Trump is merely a victim of the biggest witch hunt ever…

That's probably the best way to go. this from an article about the appointment.

"According to Garland’s order, Smith will take over the entirety of the probe into the presence of numerous White House records and documents with classified markings at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida after he left office in January 2021. Smith will also take over the ongoing investigation into “efforts to interfere with the lawful transfer of power following the 2020 presidential election or the certification of the Electoral College vote held on or about January 6, 2021” as well as related matters.

However, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C., will retain control over investigations and prosecutions of people “physically present on the Capitol grounds” on Jan. 6, 2021, Garland’s order said. About 900 people at or near the Capitol that day have been charged criminally with offenses ranging from trespassing to seditious conspiracy against the U.S. government."

I think this was the right thing to do.
There's nothing there against Trump and Garland knows it, so he appoints someone else to spend the next two years "investigating" and leaking.

No surprise here.

Back
Top Bottom