• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 6 people were killed in a shooting at a Walmart in Virginia, officials say. The shooter is also dead

What do terror attacks in Europe have to do with anything?
Oh...its just YOU Vance.....LOL! never mind!
Kerry on!! :LOL:(y)
But can you dispute the statistics of his statement, or are you just slinging mud at the poster because you cannot dispute the numbers?

And many of these shootings were committed by heretofore law abiding citizens. They only became criminals when they pulled the trigger. Every person who has no criminal record and holds a gun is not a criminal until they use the gun in a criminal manner. So the problem is firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens whose future behavior cannot be accurately predicted.
That’s what I have been saying all along. No one is a criminal until they commit a crime

And many of these shootings were committed by heretofore law abiding citizens. They only became criminals when they pulled the trigger. Every person who has no criminal record and holds a gun is not a criminal until they use the gun in a criminal manner. So the problem is firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens whose future behavior cannot be accurately predicted.
That's a very small problem, and given Constitutional protections and a lack of Minority Report technology not an easy one to solve.

How do you want to address the 100s of mass shootings committed by prohibited persons each year?

That's a very small problem, and given Constitutional protections and a lack of Minority Report technology not an easy one to solve.

How do you want to address the 100s of mass shootings committed by prohibited persons each year?

Better guns laws and enforcement of them.

What do you suggest to fix that?

Even cops, with all their training and supposedly stellar mental histories and background checks, leave guns where their kids get them and kill themselves and others, go and kill their ex's right in front of their kids, off-duty shoot people, etc. (All examples from just this area).

The Republicans don’t control the House or the Senate so have no control over what bills make it to the floor.

I’m curious if there was some legitimate reason they voted against the bill. As we all know, the names that bills are given generally have more to do with marketing than actual content.
Have Republicans ever presented a bill relevant to mass shootings and the funding/expansion of mental health social services since, say, Columbine? I'm doubting it (but willing to be surprised).

What do terror attacks in Europe have to do with anything?
Oh...its just YOU Vance.....LOL! never mind!
Kerry on!! :LOL:(y)
You’re talking to people who support the cowardly police at Uvalde and MSD.

You’re talking to people who support the cowardly police at Uvalde and MSD.

Yeah arguing with the willfully stupid is something I limit these days, theres just no point.
(although, in some cases sadly I believe its not really 'willful' at all :oops::eek:)

Too bad all the employees weren't packing. When does this ****ing rw insanity ever end?

Too bad all the employees weren't packing. When does this ****ing rw insanity ever end?
When the government confiscates all guns and kills anyone who resists.

So we're blaming the guns and not the people with issues who can't control themselves?

When you were a child and you abused something did your parents allow you keep doing it?

According to you they did.

funny...I would think the problem is whatever led the individual to think that the act was acceptable in the first place, not the means in which they did it.

Gun violence. I'm sick of it. Thoughts and prayers mean jack. I hope D's ram something through in the lame duck but I won't hold my breath. Computerize the NICS database, pass and fund red flag laws, pass the 1994 assault weapon ban again. The vast majority of Americans are in favor of all these policies.

SCOTUS spent the last session making it easier for every dingleberry in America to bring these killing machines to public places. Time for an 18 year term and rotating SCOTUS justices out.

Hi, mrjurrs.

Thank you for reading my post and taking time to respond.

Our politicians, thus far, do not seem to be on the side of those who find the annual number of deaths from firearms excessive.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n un-shot.

Well, you'll be pleased to know that most soldiers cannot access their issued weapon on their own.

Nor can they drive their assigned vehicle anytime they please.

Nor rifle through the refrigerator at the mess hall to grab a midnight snack.

Nor get fresh sheets for their bunk until the supply sergeant issues them.

You may have thought you had a really thunderous point with the idea, "Even trained soldiers aren't allowed free access to their firearms!"

Except they're really not generally allowed free access to government property at all.
I really don't think I was "trying to make a thunderous point". I was just asking a question. It seems the only one "thundering" here is someone other than me.

The gun psychopathy in the US is just completely out of control.

Hi, Eurotrash.

Thank you for reading my post and taking time to post a response.

I'm not sure about the word completely. That the number of annual deaths is high is a given.

I meant Friday, so best Black Frishootski Day ever.
I mean, some families have flag football games while the bird's cooking. Families go to shooting ranges together. Do whatever "floats one's boat"!

Well, just enough time to offer condolences before I renew my subscription to the NRA.

Hi, noonereal.

Thank you for taking time to read my post and respond.

I do not think that, based upon past years, condolences do very much to stem the number of deaths from gunshot in the US.

How many more?

Innocent people minding there own ****ing business...

To the gun nuts: how many more before you look at us in Europe or Japan and somwhat do what they do?

Only in america this insanity happens.

Your fellow americans DIE at record rates...

For the love of ****...

ACT...

This is intolerable

Hi, george48.

Thank you for reading my post and responding to it.

It's unfortunate but true that the annual number of deaths by gunshot in the United States of America is tolerable to large numbers of our citizens.

Or mass shootings where the perp(s) are not identified.

Have Republicans ever presented a bill relevant to mass shootings and the funding/expansion of mental health social services since, say, Columbine? I'm doubting it (but willing to be surprised).

Crime, for the most part, is (and should remain) a state and local government matter (issue?). The ridiculous idea (mindset?) that any ‘important’ matter should (or must) become a new federal government power (and expense) should be rejected.

Back
Top Bottom