• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 6 people were killed in a shooting at a Walmart in Virginia, officials say. The shooter is also dead

That's not what I asked. What are the "other uses"?
Target shooting, competitive shooting, plinking, etc, and these uses occur thousands of times more than shooting animals or people. I'm hoping out tomorrow to shoot hundreds of rounds, and not a single one at people or animals.

Target shooting, competitive shooting, plinking, etc, and these uses occur thousands of times more than shooting animals or people. I'm hoping out tomorrow to shoot hundreds of rounds, and not a single one at people or animals.
Well, I hope you have the greatest "ShootsGiving" ever, my friend :)

I assumed so, that's why I was asking the question.

Well, you'll be pleased to know that most soldiers cannot access their issued weapon on their own.

Nor can they drive their assigned vehicle anytime they please.

Nor rifle through the refrigerator at the mess hall to grab a midnight snack.

Nor get fresh sheets for their bunk until the supply sergeant issues them.

You may have thought you had a really thunderous point with the idea, "Even trained soldiers aren't allowed free access to their firearms!"

Except they're really not generally allowed free access to government property at all.

Is that your rationale for getting rid of guns? Eliminate everything that keeps people from dying?

LOL Context of my comment can help you.

But I will add here, I don't have any rationale on getting rid of guns because it will never happen in my lifetime. I'll say with the same confidence that there will be another event like this one and the one in colorado before the New Year hits. They've become so common that what used to make at least a days headline news, now pops up for a bit and then....off to the weather or some football scores.

But I will add here, I don't have any rationale on getting rid of guns because it will never happen in my lifetime. I'll say with the same confidence that there will be another event like this one and the one in colorado before the New Year hits. They've become so common that what used to make at least a days headline news, now pops up for a bit and then....off to the weather or some football scores.

What was the context (other than sarcasm) of: I think we should eliminate everything out there that keeps people from dying.

Maybe if the news doesn't cover them they will eventually be reduced because the shooters won't become "infamous"

I'll go as far to say that there will be several this weekend and on through the end of the year. I hope I am wrong.

What was the context (other than sarcasm) of: I think we should eliminate everything out there that keeps people from dying.

You're right, it was sarcasm to the idea that even if people aren't killed by a mass shooting, a drunk driver will make up the difference.

I don't see your point. It's only gotten harder to buy guns legally in this country since the 1980s. If you're suggesting that making it more difficult to buy guns legally has contributed to the increase in mass shootings, I guess I can't cite any data to contradict you.
What are these people using to air out their issues?

Guns...ta da....I see I had to draw you a map

What are these people using to air out their issues?

Guns...ta da....I see I had to draw you a map
So we're blaming the guns and not the people with issues who can't control themselves?

Why wouldn't you law abiding good guys with guns not want to do that?
Because we don't want to be defenseless against the common criminals who won't abide with those types of restrictions. They will continue to carry around their banned higher than .22 handguns. A .22 caliber handgun is pretty useless against an armed attacker and you can't conceal carry a shotgun.

I'll go as far to say that there will be several this weekend and on through the end of the year. I hope I am wrong.

The worrisome thing about it is, unless we don't go out in public through Jan 1 it could be any one of us here. I'll be doing Thanksgiving with some friends at a local venue and for all I know there is some disgruntled ex employee (or customer) just waiting to storm in and take the place down. Thankfully I don't live my life with that kind of paranoia so other than maybe a spilled glass of water I'll survive.

Happy Thanksgiving! 🍻

That’s why it’s super important to ignore the majority of “gun crime” and to concentrate on (a carefully selected subset of?) “mass shootings” instead. The OP incident was a “mass shooting” by a violent, suicidal moron using a handgun. As far as I know, the shooter’s politics, race, sex or age played no major part in their decision to “go postal”.
Because most of the shooters are younger black males and they are part of the democrats "big tent". So they would rather chance the narrative and make up their own truth as usual.

The worrisome thing about it is, unless we don't go out in public through Jan 1 it could be any one of us here. I'll be doing Thanksgiving with some friends at a local venue and for all I know there is some disgruntled ex employee (or customer) just waiting to storm in and take the place down. Thankfully I don't live my life with that kind of paranoia so other than maybe a spilled glass of water I'll survive.

Happy Thanksgiving! 🍻
And to you as well, @SkyFox76.

How many more?

Innocent people minding there own ****ing business...

To the gun nuts: how many more before you look at us in Europe or Japan and somwhat do what they do?

Only in america this insanity happens.

Your fellow americans DIE at record rates...

For the love of ****...

ACT...

This is intolerable
In France alone since 2000 there have been 408 terrorist attacks, compared to the mass shootings this country has experienced since 1982, where there have been 137 mass shootings. In one year alone...2007...there were 590 terror attacks. The number of dead in Europe in a 20 year span due to terror related incidents dwarfs the total number of dead in mass shooting incidents in the US in 40 years.

Your poutrage is noted...but your hysteria is misguided.

Because most of the shooters are younger black males and they are part of the democrats "big tent". So they would rather chance the narrative and make up their own truth as usual.
In the last 20 years, even the number of mass shooters has been equally racially divided.

Every time one of these incidents occurs, anti-gun leftists ask the same question...How many of these must happen before you will give up your gun rights?
They dont ask that when some scumbag drives a car through a Christmas parade, or following mass stabbings...and the also dont ask WHY this is happening.

Because they arent interested in why...they are only interested in using the instances as a prop to achieve their goal of banning guns.

They say "600 school shootings a year!" they dont say...598 of them involved gang activity and adults not at all related to a school. Because THAT would require that they identify the problem and deal with the problem.

The problem is not firearms...and certainly not firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens.

In France alone since 2000 there have been 408 terrorist attacks, compared to the mass shootings this country has experienced since 1982, where there have been 137 mass shootings. In one year alone...2007...there were 590 terror attacks. The number of dead in Europe in a 20 year span due to terror related incidents dwarfs the total number of dead in mass shooting incidents in the US in 40 years.

Your poutrage is noted...but your hysteria is misguided.

What do terror attacks in Europe have to do with anything?
Oh...its just YOU Vance.....LOL! never mind!
Kerry on!! :LOL:(y)

Every time one of these incidents occurs, anti-gun leftists ask the same question...How many of these must happen before you will give up your gun rights?
They dont ask that when some scumbag drives a car through a Christmas parade, or following mass stabbings...and the also dont ask WHY this is happening.

Because they arent interested in why...they are only interested in using the instances as a prop to achieve their goal of banning guns.

They say "600 school shootings a year!" they dont say...598 of them involved gang activity and adults not at all related to a school. Because THAT would require that they identify the problem and deal with the problem.

The problem is not firearms...and certainly not firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens.
Wellll......THAT was a lot of horseshit Vance. But I think on some level you probably already knew that.;)

Because we don't want to be defenseless against the common criminals who won't abide with those types of restrictions. They will continue to carry around their banned higher than .22 handguns. A .22 caliber handgun is pretty useless against an armed attacker and you can't conceal carry a shotgun.
So registering your firearms will do that?

And many of these shootings were committed by heretofore law abiding citizens. They only became criminals when they pulled the trigger. Every person who has no criminal record and holds a gun is not a criminal until they use the gun in a criminal manner. So the problem is firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens whose future behavior cannot be accurately predicted.

Back
Top Bottom