• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least 100 killed in suspected Islamist attacks in Niger

Yawn. As I said before, the religious leaders of Christianity ……..

As compared to the religious texts of Islam. With Christianity the power mad Popes, "leaders of Christianity" and their made up doctrine is gone. Violent crusades and inquisitions are no longer a problem and Christian Churches have become the loudest anti war/pro peace advocates. Like Jesus of the bible calls for.
With Islam we still have the text of the Koran and Haddiths, unchanged from their creation and the corresponding, worldwide campaign of Islamic terrorism following the commands of the koran to "fight", "kill", "slay" and "smite the necks" of the unbelievers "until … religion should only be for Allah."

In other words, you are upset that people are exposing the pretense about Islam. Don’t worry bud, while you continue squealing on your couch Muslims will keep doing the fighting( and dying) to stop the extremists.

Protestant Church fought against the Catholic Church, but that doesn't absolve the Catholic church of their inquisitions or bloody wars.
Im thrilled that most Muslims don't follow a strict literal interpretation of Islamic texts. Im not going to avoid criticizing their text to avoid offending them.

If that were true Muslims would have stopped ISIS, not Donald Trump.

Donald Trump didn’t stop ISIS..... and it was the Iraqi and Kurdish Muslims who did the bulk of the fighting on the ground to push them back in the first place.

As compared to the religious texts of Islam. With Christianity the power mad Popes, "leaders of Christianity" and their made up doctrine is gone. Violent crusades and inquisitions are no longer a problem and Christian Churches have become the loudest anti war/pro peace advocates. Like Jesus of the bible calls for.
With Islam we still have the text of the Koran and Haddiths, unchanged from their creation and the corresponding, worldwide campaign of Islamic terrorism following the commands of the koran to "fight", "kill", "slay" and "smite the necks" of the unbelievers "until … religion should only be for Allah."

Lol unless you think every single Pope and other religious leader in Christianity was “power mad” for well over a thousand years, your premise still doesn’t hold water.

One of the first attempts at a machine gun came with “square bullets” in an effort to “convince Muslims of the benefit of Christian civilization”.

Christians in Africa, India and elsewhere continue routinely conducting acts of terrorism and mass murder, and no amount of squealing about Muslims can change that fact.

Protestant Church fought against the Catholic Church, but that doesn't absolve the Catholic church of their inquisitions or bloody wars.
Im thrilled that most Muslims don't follow a strict literal interpretation of Islamic texts. Im not going to avoid criticizing their text to avoid offending them.

The British Empire was Protestant and driven by religious fervor as a major motivator. Their history alone is more blood soaked than anything you could squeal about Muslims. That’s not even getting into shit like the Thirty Years War or the Deluge, which effectively depopulated large chunks of Germany and Poland respectively.

You’ve made it quite clear that you aren’t going to let facts get in the way of your bigotry.

Can you share them with us?

Oh, did you need me to go and be your Google assistant and type out three pages for you because you're pretending you have no idea what I am talking about? How cute!

giphy.gif

Lol unless you think every single Pope and other religious leader in Christianity was “power mad” for well over a thousand years, your premise still doesn’t hold water.

300-1300? Yeah, most all of them.

One of the first attempts at a machine gun came with “square bullets” in an effort to “convince Muslims of the benefit of Christian civilization”.

You wont find that in the bible either

Christians in Africa, India and elsewhere continue routinely conducting acts of terrorism and mass murder, and no amount of squealing about Muslims can change that fact.

And they can be shown the illegitimacy of their actions contradicting the text of the bible. Such crazy ideas remain local and do not spread. In contrast to the Islamic fundamentalist waging jihad who can use the text of the Koran and hadiths to demonstrate the legitimacy of their actions and the illegitimacy of anyone who opposes them. And the resulting issues we have today in this world.

“Terrorists” have killed around 100 people in two villages in western Niger, the latest in a string of civilian massacres that have rocked the jihadist-plagued Tillaberi region, a local mayor has said.

Ho hum, another day - another Islamist massacre. No matter how many people Islamists kill, the Western world seems determined to never wonder aloud how much 'Islam' there is in 'Islamist'. Many on this forum simply refuse to accept the possibility of a connection, regardless of how easy it is to prove that connection.

Qur'an 9:111 - Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed.

Let the whataboutism begin.

What would the West gain by tying every one of the world's 1.8 billion Muslims to radical Islam? What do you think that would solve?

Oh, did you need me to go and be your Google assistant and type out three pages for you because you're pretending you have no idea what I am talking about? How cute!

giphy.gif

How does someone search for something "similar" to the quoted verses? Out of I assume millions of posts? I have no idea what you are talking about and I don't think you do either.

“Terrorists” have killed around 100 people in two villages in western Niger, the latest in a string of civilian massacres that have rocked the jihadist-plagued Tillaberi region, a local mayor has said.

Ho hum, another day - another Islamist massacre. No matter how many people Islamists kill, the Western world seems determined to never wonder aloud how much 'Islam' there is in 'Islamist'. Many on this forum simply refuse to accept the possibility of a connection, regardless of how easy it is to prove that connection.

Qur'an 9:111 - Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed.

Let the whataboutism begin.

And so....what do you want to happen?

300-1300? Yeah, most all of them.

You wont find that in the bible either

And they can be shown the illegitimacy of their actions contradicting the text of the bible. Such crazy ideas remain local and do not spread. In contrast to the Islamic fundamentalist waging jihad who can use the text of the Koran and hadiths to demonstrate the legitimacy of their actions and the illegitimacy of anyone who opposes them. And the resulting issues we have today in this world.

Oh, Christianity’s religious leaders endorsing mass murder went on long after 1300 bud.

Doesn’t change the fact that Christianity’s religious leaders promoted that sort of fanatical hatred.

You can cling to the delusion that thousands of years of Popes and other religious leaders just didn’t know what was in the Bible, but that’s a laughably thin straw. They knew full well what was in their religious texts.... and used it as a justification for mass murder.

And no, it did not “stay local”; Christian justification for mass murder led to genocide on at least three continents.

But hey, way to prove what I stated about your claims.... again.

The British Empire was Protestant and driven by religious fervor as a major motivator. .

Yeah, the episcopal church wasn't much better than the Catholic in the day. Pretty much took on the authority that had previously been exercised by the Catholic Church in England and made it their own. The divine authority of any church or any monarch ordained by that authority is an invention of those churches that has no support in the bible. Any theocratic government has no support in the bible. In contrast to the Koran and the Hadiths that dictate Islamic governance applying Islamic doctrine as law. As the Islamic Caliphates as they existed from 632 until the 1920s. AND more specifically among the Sunnis believing the first 4 "rightly guided" Caliphates that must be emulated. The Caliphates that within 80 years of Muhammads death was waging violent jihad in Spain to the west and Afghanistan to the east to establish the rule of Islamic governance.

Yeah, the episcopal church wasn't much better than the Catholic in the day. Pretty much took on the authority that had previously been exercised by the Catholic Church in England and made it their own. The divine authority of any church or any monarch ordained by that authority is an invention of those churches that has no support in the bible. Any theocratic government has no support in the bible. In contrast to the Koran and the Hadiths that dictate Islamic governance applying Islamic doctrine as law. As the Islamic Caliphates as they existed from 632 until the 1920s. AND more specifically among the Sunnis believing the first 4 "rightly guided" Caliphates that must be emulated. The Caliphates that within 80 years of Muhammads death was waging violent jihad in Spain to the west and Afghanistan to the east to establish the rule of Islamic governance.

Christians began expanding their own influence and persecuting other religions from the minute they reached power in the Roman Empire. That continued for thousands of years. The Church happily turned a blind eye to— and even actively supported— fascist regimes in the name of “fighting communism”. Christians happily went to war whether it was the reconquest(and ethnic cleansing) of Spain, the state sponsored piracy in the Mediterranean and Atlantic, or the butchery of ”heretics”.

Christian leaders, not Christian text. Islamic texts endorse mass murder today.

Christian leaders.....who followed their texts. Unless, again, you want to contend that several thousandyears of Church leaders didn’t know what was in their own writings.

Read the post I was replying to.

Not as much as even a single use of the word Muslim let alone anything "tying every one of the world's 1.8 billion Muslims to radical Islam".
Like the others, you simply view ANY criticism of Islamic doctrine as an attack on all muslims.

Christian leaders.....who followed their texts. Unless, again, you want to contend that several thousandyears of Church leaders didn’t know what was in their own writings.

Again with the stupid assumption that anything done by a Pope is in accordance with the bible. QUOTE the text they are following. Your silly theory of the biblical authority of the Pope was ONE verse that gave Authority to one person. Peter. No mention of a pope, successor or Catholic Church

Not as much as even a single use of the word Muslim let alone anything "tying every one of the world's 1.8 billion Muslims to radical Islam".
Like the others, you simply view ANY criticism of Islamic doctrine as an attack on all muslims.

I am an atheist, I think almost all religions are stupid.

The OP had the following statement:

" the Western world seems determined to never wonder aloud how much 'Islam' there is in 'Islamist'."

What he is saying there is that Islamism is simply a fundamentalist version of Islam. Which of course is perfectly true, but it's not helpful. For example, if I pointed out that all versions of Christianity, from the most moderate Methodists to the most fundamentalist Pentecostals, are utterly absurd, then I am making a statement that is perfectly true, but it's also not going to win any of them over.

Christian leaders, not Christian text. Islamic texts endorse mass murder today.

There are plenty of endorsements of mass murder and genocide in the Bible, Christians just by and large choose to ignore them. Look at the Revenge on the Midianites for example. The difference in Muslims and Christians is not the violence condoned in their holy books, but rather that since the enlightenment, Christians are much more likely to ignore the justifications for violence in their holy book.

I am an atheist, I think almost all religions are stupid.

The OP had the following statement:

" the Western world seems determined to never wonder aloud how much 'Islam' there is in 'Islamist'."

What he is saying there is that Islamism is simply a fundamentalist version of Islam. Which of course is perfectly true, but it's not helpful. For example, if I pointed out that all versions of Christianity, from the most moderate Methodists to the most fundamentalist Pentecostals, are utterly absurd, then I am making a statement that is perfectly true, but it's also not going to win any of them over.

Like the others, you simply view ANY even valid criticism of Islamic doctrine as an attack on all muslims.

There are plenty of endorsements of mass murder and genocide in the Bible, Christians just by and large choose to ignore them.

Nonsense. And its the calls for murder into the future that cause the problems with Islam

Back
Top Bottom