• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

army vet denied right to own gun due to ...

Doesn't matter. You think they didn't have mental cases in the 1700s?

What? when you read a post, read the post the poster was responding to and then figure out if the poster is being serious, sarcastic, making light, ... never mind, I shouldn't have to be teaching you how to participate on these threads ... you figure it out on your own (it's just that you cons always expect others to do things for you and people on the left are always helping others, so we get pulled in by you kids ...) ....

I wouldn't be. We now allow guys with tattoos up the side of their necks. That use to be a huge no no. We take anyone for the enlisted ranks.

Wow, I couldnt get in because of a bad driving record from when I was a teenager. I tried going in at 22. 1984.

Clearly you do not understand how debate/discussion works. It is your job, and your job alone, to prove what you have put out is true. It is not the job of others to disprove you. That sort of false logic is part of the reason there is so little actual debate/discussion in this world.

Prove it!

Wow, I couldnt get in because of a bad driving record from when I was a teenager. I tried going in at 22. 1984.

It is crazy. When I got in, they were getting rid of a ton of guys, standards were really high. Then when we didn't have enough troops in 2003, they started taking anyone.

SA_tattoo_022412_3m.jpg

What? when you read a post, read the post the poster was responding to and then figure out if the poster is being serious, sarcastic, making light, ... never mind, I shouldn't have to be teaching you how to participate on these threads ... you figure it out on your own (it's just that you cons always expect others to do things for you and people on the left are always helping others, so we get pulled in by you kids ...) ....

What in the world are you spewing about? It was a response to my post, and I read it the way I did, not sure what your point is.

This thread goes to show the retardation we treat the protectors of the nation with. You are 18, you can vote, you can carry a rifle into combat, handle classified information, but you can't get a beer in your hometown while on leave.

Oh, you can also protect this country with a rifle or handgun, but you aren't like the rest of the citizens. You got caught doing something stupid when you were young, and now you can't own a personal weapon. But you can have this military grade one and go fight!

This thread goes to show the retardation we treat the protectors of the nation with. You are 18, you can vote, you can carry a rifle into combat, handle classified information, but you can't get a beer in your hometown while on leave.

Oh, you can also protect this country with a rifle or handgun, but you aren't like the rest of the citizens. You got caught doing something stupid when you were young, and now you can't own a personal weapon. But you can have this military grade one and go fight!
First of all, all he has to do is write the state agency that handles those things for his state.
He can get that taken care of if his record since is good.

What in the world are you spewing about? It was a response to my post, and I read it the way I did, not sure what your point is.

it's worse than I thought ... sorry, can't help ... got work to do ... have a good day ...

There is a solution to that issue too and some European countries have found it. It's pretty simple - Create a parole board that isn't subject to public scrutiny. Allow indefinite extensions to violent inmates. The proof is in the recidivism rate.
The Norwegian prison where inmates are treated like people | Society | The Guardian

Housing all prisoners under the same roof has been proven to be a colossal failure. However, we are employing the tough on crime mentality and companies have an interest in making prisons into criminal factories. So it won't change.
Works for me. Serioulsly, anything that is proven to have better results than what we are dealing with currently is worth a shot.

Norway? Isn't that were a guy killed 77 people and barely got any time for it?

he'll never see the outside world again... it's just that Norway doesn't give long sentences, they just keep extending short ones for the heinous ones.

There is a solution to that issue too and some European countries have found it. It's pretty simple - Create a parole board that isn't subject to public scrutiny. Allow indefinite extensions to violent inmates. The proof is in the recidivism rate.
The Norwegian prison where inmates are treated like people | Society | The Guardian

Housing all prisoners under the same roof has been proven to be a colossal failure. However, we are employing the tough on crime mentality and companies have an interest in making prisons into criminal factories. So it won't change.

Unfortunately, once we have a system in place it takes decades to change it, even if it's atrociously ineffective. The fact that you can do the same time for destroying a mail box as a person convicted for felony assault in some states is telling that our "corrections" system makes no sense. I'm all for prison being more of an education center that teaches people how to function in the real world. It will probably make society a better place.

Norway? Isn't that were a guy killed 77 people and barely got any time for it?

Hey, you sound exactly like somebody who knows nothing about what they're talking about. Tell us, how does the Norwegian system work? Do you think he'll get out once his sentence is over? Please tell me you do. So I can expose your Einsteinian level of infinite ignorance.

Can you give the world a 100 percent guarantee that this fine human being won't go Postal next month?

I didn't think so.

I think that maybe you see my point.

Hey, you sound exactly like somebody who knows nothing about what they're talking about. Tell us, how does the Norwegian system work? Do you think he'll get out once his sentence is over? Please tell me you do. So I can expose your Einsteinian level of infinite ignorance.

I don't live there, and I don't care to degrade this country with more euro bs... I know that for how many people he killed, the sentence was a JOKE. Deal with it. And you inform everyone he will get great schooling and all sorts of goodies while in jail.. nice reward for being a mass murderer, eh? Screw that, people like that can no be rehabilitated, and are of no value to society. KILL THEM.

I don't live there,

That doesn't explain why you don't have the first clue as to what it is you're so adamantly preaching against. I don't live in Norway either and yet, I understand how their system works. I guess that's only a privilege of us edumacated libruls.

Now, to address the infinite ignorance you have displayed in that 1 post:

1. His "sentence" is not dictated by the number of years he actually got.
2. He's not going to get all the other benefits average inmates get.
3. Even with psychological rehabilitation, he will not be released.

My response about general prison conditions was in response to LMR's questions about fixing the system in general. Which if Norway is anything to go by, works better than our own by a margin of 3. The average inmate is not a killer. He's not a rapist. Most are in for relatively petty crimes. Norway has figured out a way to rehabilitate those inmates and make them part of society. At the very least it has managed to make sure they don't reoffend. That is what is in question here. How to not get inmates to reoffend. Now, if you wanna go on a diatribe about the 1 guy who will NEVER get released, by all means. Nobody with more than a half brain is listening to you.

However, please, please, PLEASE - keep talking. I want to destroy more of your weak sauce arguments.

Last edited:
I want to destroy more of your weak sauce arguments.

Keep dreaming.

Good job in derailing yet another thread. Why do you hate service members so much?

Keep dreaming.

Good job in derailing yet another thread. Why do you hate service members so much?

Awww, somebody doesn't like having their arguments destroyed. :)

Hey look, making up crap again. Same old...

You made an uninformed statement about a correctional system you yourself acknowledged you didn't know anything about. Who's making up crap again? :)

Who's making up crap again? :)

Uh, you are. But thanks for asking for clarification. Really, this is beyond boring at this point. But I have no doubt you will attempt another lame response with some sort of lame spin.

Uh, you are. But thanks for asking for clarification. Really, this is beyond boring at this point. But I have no doubt you will attempt another lame response with some sort of lame spin.

5 posts and you still can't admit you pulled out your conceptions about Norway out from where the sun don't shine. :shrug:

5 posts and you still can't admit you pulled out your conceptions about Norway out from where the sun don't shine. :shrug:

As predicted, you continue on with the yawn fest.

Have you ever, btw, actually commented on the subject of the thread?

Back
Top Bottom