• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you sure its the religion of Islam?

Apostle13 said:
Yep... God has the Final Word in my book... And His.

So according to God's book you must send your wife/mother/sister away from your home at her "unclean" time of the month. Surely you do that as well?

Gandhi>Bush said:
So according to God's book you must send your wife/mother/sister away from your home at her "unclean" time of the month. Surely you do that as well?

Gee I didnt even know that. Can you please submit a chapter and verse for this claim so that I may read it? I woudl really appreciate that.

Ohh, what a thought provoking response.

Why thank you.

SKILMATIC said:
Gee I didnt even know that. Can you please submit a chapter and verse for this claim so that I may read it? I woudl really appreciate that.

it rings a bell
Old testament though

DeeJayH said:
it rings a bell
Old testament though

Well I do know that. The reason being is because it talks about a womans uncleanliness in the book of Proverbs and I think Isaiah as well.

kal-el said:
Democracy? O, as in Kuwait? A country run by a single family where women are second-class citizens. Maybe as in Saudi Arabia? We're they don't even hold elections. George Bush never wanted to bring democracy to Iraq. Of course that means a shift in power from the Sunni minority to the Shiite majority, which actually, would strenghten our enemy Iran.

Not a democracy that we would like to see, but a democracy none the less. We cannot impose our will. We don't build colonies. If the people have a voice, then it is a democracy. It will not reflect ours. Don't confuse their culture with government. Just because they treat their women different than us doesn't mean that they are practicing the complete opposite of a democracy.

The Shi'ite leadership know that the Iranian theocracy in Iran has failed. The Mullahs of Iraq have a different vision than that of the Mullahs inside Iran. It is far less fundamental. They see Iran as being on borrowed time. It doesn't work and it is only a matter of time before it fails completely. Make no mistake, the Shi'ites of Iraq do not want the government that Khomeini instilled inside Iran. He brutalized Islam. The vast majority of people in Iran don't even want it. 70 percent of the population in Iran are disenchanted youth that are under thirty years old. If anything, Iraq will be a greater influence on Iran's future..not the other way around. Will there be a relationship? Of course. They share a border and they know that their region has been set aside from the rest of the world by their fundamental rulers and passed down tradtions. There will be trade and there will be mutual collaboration. We share borders with Mexico. We both still have our own identities.

Democracy is what military analyst have been calling for in the Middle East since the 80's as the cure to Islamist terrorism. This isn't a Bush invention. The Jordanian reaction to their recent bombings is proof that a more democratic region is the fix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom