• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

• Total voters
Why? I don't understand the logic here.

Okay................................................... not sure how to explain it in any simpler terms for you.

Okay................................................... not sure how to explain it in any simpler terms for you.
I understand your position, I don't understand why it's okay to abort an innocent baby who's the product of rape but it's not okay to abort a baby who's the result of consensual sex. The babies are equally innocent.

I understand your position, I don't understand why it's okay to abort an innocent baby who's the product of rape but it's not okay to abort a baby who's the result of consensual sex. The babies are equally innocent.

I just explained it to you. It's not just about the baby -- there are two humans involved.

Pro choice.

I prefer people choose life, but understand why it’s not always possible…

Simple question

...and why?

Remember... Pro-Life means no exceptions. If you have any exceptions at all, you are Pro-Choice.

Easy decision Pro-choice because I support womans equal, legal, civil and human rights.

Im good with RvW and limiting things with some rare exceptions until 24 weeks which is 50% viability
I would not oppose any move to make RvW 20/21 weeks to coincide with the earliest possible viability of 21 weeks and keeping all the exceptions, But like I have pointed out many times since only around 1% of abortions happen <20 weeks and they happen for the exceptions this change would be pretty meaningless. It would only be on paper and cosmetic and wouldn't do anything.

Honest, educated and objective people right left and center both pro-choice and pro-life admit to the fact there's no such thing as equal rights on this subject and that each side simply picks and choose when and why they pick one life over the other and see the other as a lesser. Theres no way around that fact and honest discussion cant be had with anybody that denies that fact. Thats the reality, both sides are basically the same but they have different points on which life they value more. The abortion topic isn't like any other topic because its two lives but ONE is INDIES the other. Based on that dynamic along equal rights is impossible but I strive for something in the middle the best we can and IMO RvW does that pretty good.

In the vast majority of case, I side with the already KNOWN viable mother who has rights and freedoms ve an unknown entity they may not even make it on its one and could be naturally aborted.
For me I cant justified violating a woman's equal, civil, legal and human rights, treating her as a lesser, forcing her to risk her life and health against her will for an unknown entity that isn't even viable.
After viability things change I would support elective abortion and again the reality is those arent legally happening anyway.

and when I use elective and "forcing the mother to risk her life" I'm talking HONEST, GENERAL facts . . . . not insane claims 3+ specific doctors of my licking saying the mother is 90% going to die lol
Its between her and her doctors and her family if she wants it to be and that's it.

Other people are free to value the unknown over the mother, not care about her rights and life and treat her as a second class citizens but I wouldn't never support the law doing so

This whole comment. You start with a view and you end with the law. Makes zero sense.

Huh? I'm repeating what you said back to you, and explaining the consequences of your "view."

Makes perfect sense (unlike your view).

Simple question

...and why?

Remember... Pro-Life means no exceptions. If you have any exceptions at all, you are Pro-Choice.
Pro-life because abortion is slaughtering innocent life.

Simple question

...and why?

Can't vote. I am pro life in that I want life to go on if it can. (Except in the case of death penalty in which they forfeit life)

I am pro choice because I don't want the government controlling the reproductive system.

I don't understand the rape exception made by pro-lifers. If a women has sex, she has no right to an abortion because life begans at conception. But if she's raped she does have a right to an abortion although the baby is equally innocent in both cases. If abortion after consensual sex is murder, abortion after rape is equally murder. It is the father who is the criminal here, not the fetus.

I just don't understand that exception.
It's based on the reasoning that abortions allow a woman to face "no consequences for her actions" (of having sex). But in the case of rape, the sex is forced on her, so she shouldn't be held responsible for the result of that time because she was forced to have sex.

For many, prolife is not really mainly about the life of the offspring, but about punishing the woman. And that isn't hyperbole. It really is the main reasoning. Other reasons can join with that one, but if the person is for a rape exception, then their main reason to be against women having a choice about aborting is punishment, holding someone accountable rather than life of the potential child.

My position -- we should allow for abortions in the cases where the physical OR mental/emotional harm to the mother is severe. That would include rape, incest or any physical reason why it would be detrimental to her life. Those are rare circumstances when it comes to abortions, but they should be allowed under law before viability.
But why do you get to decide what is "severe"? Why should anyone but the woman and the person performing the abortion get to decide that? It isn't what we use to decide on whether someone has to donate organs or blood or other parts of their body to others.

Agreed. Your options weren't sufficient, and they got even more limiting with your added "Remember".
Logically... they are perfectly sufficient. If you are feeling bad then maybe you should reflect on why...

I know of no one who such
A few in another thread who have stated that a Woman who can't afford to support a child on her own, should have an abortion if the man doesn't want to take any responsibility for a child, left me with that feeling.

Yes it most certainly is. The pro-illegal abortion laws that are being passed have no exceptions/

So? Pro-life doesn't mean "no exceptions".

Simple question

...and why?

So? Pro-life doesn't mean "no exceptions".
Yes it does... if you make an exception then you are allowing a choice...

Back
Top Bottom