• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple Dumps GOP

Or an attempt to please their shareholders, their share price has been declining recently.

That might be on point. It is perceived that Apple's main customer base is creative and liberal. Whether that is actually true I'm not sure.

I would not be surprised to see MS follow suit on this. The pressure will mount, especially as Donald says more and more stupid stuff.

Business, is business. Given that Apple not only does business in countries where civil rights do not matter (like many Middle Eastern countries) as well as the fact that they manufacture in China (one of the worst human rights records in the entire world), and even though I cannot fathom why the GOP primary voter would have cast their vote for Trump, I find it hypocritical, and extremely comical, that Apple would try to protest anyone.

But I agree with your post above.

This is going to leave a mark.

Apple won't aid GOP convention over Trump - POLITICO
I would not be surprised to see more companies follow Apple's lead.
Apple is attempting to unilaterally prosecute Trump for (in Apple's opinion) his 'hate crimes'. Well, have some other computer company take up the business left by Apple and make a boat load of money.

Some groups and people seem to think they can unilaterally prosecute their versions of hate crimes. There now are numerous and unilateral vigilante hate crimes prosecutors. All with their own agendas. None with the full backing of the law.

Hate crimes legislation is an unconstitutional law.

Last edited:
Well they got problems in China, so they better hope Trump doesn't win. China copied the IPhone 6, and now sued apple for copyright infringement. And won.

And the have 1/2 trillion parked out of the reach of he tax man.

I suspect if Trump wins, they will be first in line to leave the USA. Maybe buy a country in Africa?

Apple is attempting to unilaterally prosecute Trump for (in Apple's opinion) his 'hate crimes'. Well, have some other computer company take up the business left by Apple and make a boat load of money.

Groups and people seem to think they can unilaterally prosecute their versions of hate crimes. There now are numerous vigilante hate crimes prosecutors. All with their own agendas. None with the full backing of the law.

You heard it here, folks. If you don't give people free money, you are persecuting them and it's a crime.

You heard it here, folks. If you don't give people free money, you are persecuting them and it's a crime.
No, being a vigilante is a crime.

Ahh, so if I don't donate to the GOP I am a vigilante. Got it.
No, let me quote my post to you again.

Some groups and people seem to think they can unilaterally prosecute their versions of hate crimes. There now are numerous and unilateral vigilante hate crimes prosecutors. All with their own agendas. None with the full backing of the law.

No, let me quote my post to you again.

Not business. Donations.

Apple isn't donating to the GOP, and you're screeching about hate crimes, persecution, and vigilantes. Why?

Apple is a ludicrously liberal company, free speech means nothing to them.

Wait, what? The RNC Convention is a private event. There will be little to no free speech there. Not donating to a group is not attacking their free speech. The First Amendment guarantee of free speech is from government action.

So not donating to a group is prosecuting them(did you mean persecute maybe?)? And for something that Apple has never claimed? And what the **** does hate crime legislation have to do with anything involving this story?

So not donating to a group is prosecuting them(did you mean persecute maybe?)? And for something that Apple has never claimed? And what the **** does hate crime legislation have to do with anything involving this story?
Apple has decided Trump's ideology doesn't jibe with Apple's ideology and Apple is punishing Trump for this indiscretion of ideology. Just as the protestor in San Jose punched the Trump supporter in the mouth for being a Trump supporter, Apple, in another vigilante action, is withdrawing support to Trump. It's all over Trump's perceived hate crimes. It's prosecuted indiscriminately and unofficially by vigilantes who are, in their opinions, 'hate crimes' prosecutors..

Apple has decided Trump's ideology doesn't jibe with Apple's ideology and Apple is punishing Trump for this indiscretion of ideology. Just as the protestor in San Jose punched the Trump supporter in the mouth for being a Trump supporter, Apple, in another vigilante action, is withdrawing support to Trump. It's all over Trump's perceived hate crimes. It's prosecuted indiscriminately and unofficially.

I do not think you understand what any of the words you just used mean.

Business, is business. Given that Apple not only does business in countries where civil rights do not matter (like many Middle Eastern countries) as well as the fact that they manufacture in China (one of the worst human rights records in the entire world), and even though I cannot fathom why the GOP primary voter would have cast their vote for Trump, I find it hypocritical, and extremely comical, that Apple would try to protest anyone.

But I agree with your post above.

Google, MS, Apple, etc are all in bed with totalitarian governments. But, for some reason that is good for business. They all know though that hooking up with American fascists is not.

Apple has decided Trump's ideology doesn't jibe with Apple's ideology and Apple is punishing Trump for this indiscretion of ideology.

That is an assumption, and one without any facts to back it up. Businesses like to avoid controversy, which is a much more likely explanation.

Just as the protestor in San Jose punched the Trump supporter in the mouth for being a Trump supporter, Apple, in another vigilante action, is withdrawing support to Trump.

Well, no. Words have meaning, and no meaning of the word "vigilante" is "not donating to them".

It's all over Trump's perceived hate crimes.

That is not what a hate crime is.
It's prosecuted indiscriminately and unofficially by vigilantes who are, in their opinions, 'hate crimes' prosecutors..

Well, no in every single detail. It is not indiscriminate, it is very discriminate. It has nothing to do with vigilantism. And they are not prosecuting anything.

Srsly dude, start looking up words in the dictionary before using them...

Why do you imply I don't understand what I'm typing?

This has literally nothing to do with hate crimes. Apple does not support what Trump is preaching so they have decided not to donate money to the Republicans. There is no crime involved. It is not a crime to disagree and refuse to support Trump.

I do not think you understand what any of the words you just used mean.

That was pretty much my impression. "vigilante", "prosecute", "hate crime", "indiscriminate". He got all those wrong.

Apple has decided Trump's ideology doesn't jibe with Apple's ideology and Apple is punishing Trump for this indiscretion of ideology. Just as the protestor in San Jose punched the Trump supporter in the mouth for being a Trump supporter, Apple, in another vigilante action, is withdrawing support to Trump. It's all over Trump's perceived hate crimes. It's prosecuted indiscriminately and unofficially by vigilantes who are, in their opinions, 'hate crimes' prosecutors..

Punishing.

That's right folks. If you don't give someone free money, you are punishing them.

I had no idea cabse5 was such a strong supporter of communism.

Why do you imply I don't understand what I'm typing?

Because Apple is merely choosing not to donate to a political party. And you have called it:

Persecution
Vigilantism
Punishment

And have ranted about hate crimes.

This has literally nothing to do with hate crimes. Apple does not support what Trump is preaching so they have decided not to donate money to the Republicans. There is no crime involved. It is not a crime to disagree and refuse to support Trump.
How did Apple report there stoppage of GOP donations? Here, let me show you via Politico.https://www.inverse.com/article/171...p-and-the-gop-convention-facebook-google-will Read the first two paragraphs of the link. Any more questions? Allegations on my part?

This is going to leave a mark.

Apple won't aid GOP convention over Trump - POLITICO

I would not be surprised to see more companies follow Apple's lead.

The real reason Apple dislikes Trump may be that they use lots of cheap (child?) foreign labor (and parts) and fear Trump's push to bring back jobs to America by taxing those US companies that rely heavily on foreign labor and imported parts.

Where are the iPhone, iPad and Mac designed, made and assembled? - Features - Macworld UK

The dark side of shiny Apple products - CBS News

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn

Last edited:
How did Apple report there stoppage of GOP donations? Here let me show you via Politico.https://www.inverse.com/article/171...p-and-the-gop-convention-facebook-google-will

Why are you persecuting the DNC? After all, you haven't given them money. Therefore you are punishing and persecuting them.

Interestingly enough, you are also persecuting me, because you aren't giving me free money. Why do you punish me so?

Also, if you'd bothered to follow through with your source:

Apple’s political stand against Trump, communicated privately to Republicans

Read more: Apple won't aid GOP convention over Trump - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

And
Apple declined to comment for this story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom