• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple Dumps GOP

Apple is a private company in the sense it is a separate corporate entity not owned by the government.

a private company is one held by an individual or group of individuals. a public company is one that is traded publicly like apple.

A private company refuses to serve a customer because of their beliefs? I thought we were all supposed to find that abhorrent....

A company is opting out of giving money to a political organization. You should be glad since it is anti-establishment.

You were the one claiming to be libertarian/anarchist, right?

Here is the last sentence in the second paragraph of the Politico report:"Apple cites Trump’s controversial stances on women, minorities, and immigrants as the reason for pulling out support." https://www.inverse.com/article/171...p-and-the-gop-convention-facebook-google-will In other words, Apple doesn't like Trump's alleged hate crimes pointed out by Apple.

Let's look at that sentence again: Apple cites Trump’s controversial stances on women, minorities, and immigrants as the reason for pulling out support

Not the lack of mentioning hate, or crimes.

A company is opting out of giving money to a political organization. You should be glad since it is anti-establishment.

You were the one claiming to be libertarian/anarchist, right?

Apparently you missed the sarcasm.

And libertarian and anarchist aren't synonyms.

Why do you believe Apple is obligated to donate to the RNC?
That is a strawman argument. You could've at least asked IF I THINK APPLE IS OBLIGATED TO DONATE TO THE GOP. I don't think Apple is obligated to donate to the GOP, thanks for asking... I also think this is Apple's informal prosecution of, in their opinions, Trump's hate crimes.

That is a strawman argument. You could've at least asked IF I THINK APPLE IS OBLIGATED TO DONATE TO THE GOP. I don't think Apple is obligated to donate to the GOP, thanks for asking... I also think this is Apple's informal prosecution of, in their opinions, Trump's hate crimes.

You keep calling it punishment and prosecution to fail to donate. This implies an obligation to donate.

Have you donated to the DNC? If not, have you prosecuted them informally? Punished them?

Apparently you missed the sarcasm.

And libertarian and anarchist aren't synonyms.

One's on the right, and the other is on the left, but they are equally nihilistic.

You keep calling it punishment and prosecution to fail to donate. This implies an obligation to donate.

Have you donated to the DNC? If not, have you prosecuted them informally? Punished them?
Read this article, why don't you? Just read the first two paragraphs. https://www.inverse.com/article/171...p-and-the-gop-convention-facebook-google-willApple's withdrawal of donations to the GOP is a punishment to the GOP for Trump's stances.

Since, according to the last paragraph of the second sentence of the Politico article reads, "Apple cites Trump’s controversial stances on women, minorities, and immigrants as the reason for pulling out support. Since all those items mentioned are possible hate crimes, I'm stating Apple is withdrawing donations to the GOP for Trump's hate crimes alleged by Apple.

Last edited:
Here is the last sentence in the second paragraph of the Politico report:"Apple cites Trump’s controversial stances on women, minorities, and immigrants as the reason for pulling out support." https://www.inverse.com/article/171...p-and-the-gop-convention-facebook-google-will In other words, Apple doesn't like Trump's alleged hate crimes pointed out by Apple.

Apple also does not like Trump's ideas on taxing them more for using foreign labor and parts. See post #48 for more links. A company's PR statements may or may not be just the facts. ;)

Should Apple’s iPhones Be Made in the USA?

Apple also does not like Trump's ideas on taxing them more for using foreign labor and parts. See post #48 for links. A company's PR statements may or may not be just the facts. ;)

Apple made no statement. This came from other sources. Trump, even if he won the election, would be unlikely to get those tax ideas implemented. Much more likely is that Apple likes to avoid controversy, and Trump is all controversy, all the time.

True libertarians would disavow Trump and support Apple, but only a true ones. Sadly, they're barely more common than unicorns.

Please do not play the "no true libertarian" game...

Please do not play the "no true libertarian" game...

Why not?

I think it's fun, but if you can give me a good reason, I will definitely consider it.

Hate crimes? What hate crimes?

Did Trump write ethnic slurs on mosques and i just missed that headline? Geez....i stay off Facebook for one day, and i miss a major news item!

Why not?

I think it's fun, but if you can give me a good reason, I will definitely consider it.

Because it is silly. Libertarians come in many different flavors. I am not going to guess what flavor Josie is.

Because it is silly. Libertarians come in many different flavors. I am not going to guess what flavor Josie is.

Plus it's a fallacy.

Thanks.

Strawberry!

No, grape!

Back
Top Bottom