• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Appeals Court rules for transgender teen in Virginia bathroom case

You go into a washroom to excrete waste products, and maybe look in the mirror. Look at what this has become.

The terrible confusion about this just shows how lost America is, and how silly gender binary bathrooms are in the first place.

Oh no, what if men become peeping toms in the women's washrooms by claiming they're women!? Guess what, if a man wants to assault women in a bathroom or creep them, he's going to do it, because he's a perv. He needs no excuse.

You wouldn't let a MTF use a female restroom because, let's face it, the underlying belief is that they can never be a real woman. Yet you won't want them in a men's washroom either because you hate trans people, and they'll be subject to assaults there.

Sucks to be a trans person in NC, it's lose lose. At least Virginia has some sense, unbelievably.

Leftists ruling by judicial fiat?Nevet heard of that happening before.

There's quite a bit I don't like about Dennis Prager, but he is right that leftists are on a crusade to erase the legal differences between the sexes, even if they can't erase the physical ones. I suspect part of their motivation for this is that a lot of them are degenerates themselves. Most feminists I've ever met, for example, lusted after other women more than they ever did men. This crap has even found its way into TV advertising. I forget the company, but several times I've seen an ad that features a male transvestite who is portrayed in a positive light.

Oh my god, THE HORROR!:roll:

You go into a washroom to excrete waste products, and maybe look in the mirror. Look at what this has become.

The terrible confusion about this just shows how lost America is, and how silly gender binary bathrooms are in the first place.

Oh no, what if men become peeping toms in the women's washrooms by claiming they're women!? Guess what, if a man wants to assault women in a bathroom or creep them, he's going to do it, because he's a perv. He needs no excuse.

You wouldn't let a MTF use a female restroom because, let's face it, the underlying belief is that they can never be a real woman. Yet you won't want them in a men's washroom either because you hate trans people, and they'll be subject to assaults there.

Sucks to be a trans person in NC, it's lose lose. At least Virginia has some sense, unbelievably.

What has a Trans person in NC lost exactly?

A special law that not every City has forcing private business to cater to them? And anyone claiming to be like them?

You DO realize HB2 just nullified the Charlotte law, but didn't mandate that private businesses enforce any sort of bathroom rules that the state requires them to do..... RIGHT???

I don't mind that at all......

I don't want a law making either mandatory and subject to fines for private businesses open to the public like Charlotte did.

Alot of people seem to think HB2 did this in reverse of Charlotte. They didn't. They simply applied specific regulations for bathrooms for the NC Public Education system and wiped Charlotte's law off the map.

Businesses in NC are still free to allow transgender people to use whatever bathroom they so choose to, nobody is stopping them.

It didn't just deal with public restrooms within the education system though (the Charlotte law didnt even touch the school bathrooms leaving that to the individual school systems), but rather made all government run restrooms within the state subject to this enforcement, including restrooms in state parks, rest stops, government buildings and more subject to it.

And people shouldn't be allowed to harass others about their potential sex/gender while using a restroom, even in private business. Private businesses shouldn't get to know someone's genitalia or birth certificate sex when entering a restroom.

It didn't just deal with public restrooms within the education system though (the Charlotte law didnt even touch the school bathrooms leaving that to the individual school systems), but rather made all government run restrooms within the state subject to this enforcement, including restrooms in state parks, rest stops, government buildings and more subject to it.

And people shouldn't be allowed to harass others about their potential sex/gender while using a restroom, even in private business. Private businesses shouldn't get to know someone's genitalia or birth certificate sex when entering a restroom.

Generally, a 5 o'clock shadow is a dead give away.

Generally, a 5 o'clock shadow is a dead give away.

You think women can't have beards or other facial hair? I have a woman who works in my store who has some pretty widespread black facial hair. She is most definitely female.

Its called hirsutism if it is excessive. Willing to bet a lot of women who have it shave or use some form of hair removal. And many men shave and don't develop 5 oclock shadow.

hard to say what the fall out would be. I figure if someone is planning a sexual assault-its sort of like thinking a sign saying a school is a gun free zone is going to stop someone like a Klebold or Harris who have premeditated a shooting spree. If you plan on raping someone its not because you can use the ladies' restroom due to some law that basically says you can
Would you say that making schools gun free zones makes it EASIER, or HARDER to pull off a mas school shooting?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Would you say that making schools gun free zones makes it EASIER, or HARDER to pull off a mas school shooting?

gun free zones are safe workplace rules for mass killers

gun free zones are safe workplace rules for mass killers

Hm. But couldn't they shoot people even if those zones weren't gun free?

Or is it that, by guaranteeing predators access to defenseless victims, we enable them.

Hm. But couldn't they shoot people even if those zones weren't gun free?

Or is it that, by guaranteeing predators access to defenseless victims, we enable them.

GFZ means the victims are far less likely to be armed

GFZ means the victims are far less likely to be armed
So... Yes. By guaranteeing predators access to defenseless victims, we DO enable them.

So... Yes. By guaranteeing predators access to defenseless victims, we DO enable them.

I'll take the rare chance that some crazy comes into my workplace than allowing all of my coworkers to keep guns on their hip. The very thought of some of my coworkers possessing guns let alone having them near me is terrifying.

I'll take the rare chance that some crazy comes into my workplace than allowing all of my coworkers to keep guns on their hip. The very thought of some of my coworkers possessing guns let alone having them near me is terrifying.
That's odd - either you work somewhere very interesting, or you have a very low tolerance for others.

Pretty much all of my co-workers have guns - the vast majority have semi-auto rifles, and most have pistols. I have an AR15 under the bed, along with a shotgun, and a 9mm in the drawer.

well this is why if up to the haters in NC, transgender wouldn't be allowed to exist. They're just doing what they think they can get away with, same as any other zealot

I think you protect a lot more children with folks using the restroom referenced between their legs. We could probably encourage businesses to add a single use unisex restroom, but demanding the nation change for such a small minority is just holding everyone else hostage. Next thing we will need another restroom for transgenders who discover they are now gay.

I think you protect a lot more children with folks using the restroom referenced between their legs. We could probably encourage businesses to add a single use unisex restroom, but demanding the nation change for such a small minority is just holding everyone else hostage. Next thing we will need another restroom for transgenders who discover they are now gay.

Again, no one can legitimately show how someone using a restroom of a "different" gender than what's "between their legs" actually puts any children in danger, at all.

Oh, and being transgender has nothing to do with sexuality. Many MTF are attracted to women (basically lesbians trapped in a man's body), some even remained married to their wives after transitioning.

Many MTF are attracted to women (basically lesbians trapped in a man's body), some even remained married to their wives after transitioning.

Great. So, the left's solution to this is to allow MTF kids that like looking at naked girls... in showers and changing rooms so they can look at naked girls.. Perfectly reasonable :roll:

Great. So, the left's solution to this is to allow MTF kids that like looking at naked girls... in showers and changing rooms so they can look at naked girls.. Perfectly reasonable :roll:

We allow homosexual girls and boys into the restrooms/locker rooms/changing rooms with those that they might like looking at. Despite some popular beliefs, the world doesn't revolve around sex and looking at naked people, even for young teenage boys who might think about it much more often.

Despite some popular beliefs, the world doesn't revolve around sex and looking at naked people, even for young teenage boys who might think about it much more often.

You must never have been a teenage boy.

Again, no one can legitimately show how someone using a restroom of a "different" gender than what's "between their legs" actually puts any children in danger, at all.

Oh, and being transgender has nothing to do with sexuality. Many MTF are attracted to women (basically lesbians trapped in a man's body), some even remained married to their wives after transitioning.

The point of keeping all the same genitals in the same restroom has more to do with men taking advantage of the law, not the transgendered. Transgendered could be helping protect kids by complying, instead they put themselves ahead of child welfare.

The point of keeping all the same genitals in the same restroom has more to do with men taking advantage of the law, not the transgendered. Transgendered could be helping protect kids by complying, instead they put themselves ahead of child welfare.

I'm well aware. It is an irrational fear though because you are basically saying that they wouldn't break one rule law (going into the restroom/locker room of a different sex) but would break another, more serious law (rape, assault). The logic there is extremely flawed.

Again, very few men would rape or sexually assault anyone. Most rapes or sexual assaults are perpetrated by someone the victim knows, within a private residence. Less than 10% of sexual assaults of minors are perpetrated by a stranger and an even way smaller percentage of those are against actual children in public (we're talking minuscule). There are many factors involved in rape and sexual assaults as well. Most rapist would not attack someone in a public place, even a public restroom, no matter their ability to enter that space because anyone can enter that space at any time and catch them. If that's not the case, then there would be no reason for them to obey a law that said a person of a certain gender shouldn't be in that restroom or even locker rooms.

Now school is a bit different, at least for locker rooms and I'm fine with providing a separate space for them. But I still absolutely believe that most high school boys are capable of controlling themselves most of the time, despite popular mentality.

I'm well aware. It is an irrational fear though because you are basically saying that they wouldn't break one rule law (going into the restroom/locker room of a different sex) but would break another, more serious law (rape, assault). The logic there is extremely flawed.

Again, very few men would rape or sexually assault anyone. Most rapes or sexual assaults are perpetrated by someone the victim knows, within a private residence. Less than 10% of sexual assaults of minors are perpetrated by a stranger and an even way smaller percentage of those are against actual children in public (we're talking minuscule). There are many factors involved in rape and sexual assaults as well. Most rapist would not attack someone in a public place, even a public restroom, no matter their ability to enter that space because anyone can enter that space at any time and catch them. If that's not the case, then there would be no reason for them to obey a law that said a person of a certain gender shouldn't be in that restroom or even locker rooms.

Now school is a bit different, at least for locker rooms and I'm fine with providing a separate space for them. But I still absolutely believe that most high school boys are capable of controlling themselves most of the time, despite popular mentality.

Interesting how you take historical data and apply it to the future was if easier access to the ladies room has not been given.

Interesting how you take historical data and apply it to the future was if easier access to the ladies room has not been given.

Access to public restrooms has existed for a long time. Very few laws actually criminalize such things. And this is especially true if the person presents as the gender they are using the restroom of.

Back
Top Bottom