• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

AOC nominates Bernie Sanders, snubs Joe Biden in DNC address

kaisch is a butt hurt rino that is mad he lost the primary last go round.

No, I think he is a loyal Republican "butt hurt" because his party has been taken hostage by tyrants and idiots.

Republicans who leave Trump should be made welcome. Even if not everyone exactly wants to hear from Kaisch, we need a big tent to contest with Trump's shrinking one. Besides, we'll have to get used to compromising with people we don't agree with again if we're ever going to break out of the current tribal politics.

In politics, gestures matter. I think it was a good idea to make this gesture.

I don't mind letting Kasich talk myself, but giving him so much time vs AOC in clear defiance of the base, who, besides Sanders, is the avatar of American progressivism/FDR democrats, is definitely a knowing needle in the eye to progs.

I can't believe you are that ignorant. Multiple threads were started before and during the convention about John Kasich doing it. Last night, Colin Powell, who was appointed by George Bush for a high-ranked job in Washington (and kept it all eight years), spoke. There was also a segment on the first night showing Republican politicians telling viewers to vote for Joe Biden, including governors, state legislators, people who work with Kamala Harris.

First, you have to make me believe Kasich and Powell are currently republicans. Both left the ship long ago. As for governors, state legislators, and people that worked with Horizontal Harris? You have to be kidding.

First, you have to make me believe Kasich and Powell are currently republicans. Both left the ship long ago. As for governors, state legislators, and people that worked with Horizontal Harris? You have to be kidding.

There is no reason NOT to believe they are Republicans. I will not make you believe it because you you already know they are. Saying they are not is nothing but a blatant lie.

When was it ever a great political party?
In the 1950s. I disagreed with many of their policies (in retrospect; I wasn’t even born yet) but they weren’t a crazy party, like today. Just Google “1953 Republican platform.” It was quite reasonable and liberal.

They haven’t left the Republican Party. The Republican Party left them. George F. Will explains:

[video]https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/conservative-columnist-george-will-says-he-will-vote-for-biden-in-november-88102469522[/video]

That AOC is dumber than a bag of broken hammers. Her vapid comments are only matched by the vacant deer in the headlight look in the eyes of her stupid head. Who in the hell votes into office someone like this moron? .... oh wait, New York's 14th district-- a district full of the dumbest malcontent people you could imagine. People generally too lazy to steal, and if they ever had any money of their own that they worked to earn---- they keep it safe by hiding it under the soap.

How does this fool get so much attention from anyone, especially the DNC?

screen-shot-2018-06-26-at-10-19-28-pm.png

Those Republicans came together with Democrats because they are patriots, as opposed to Trump sycophants like the rest of the GOP, and are disturbed at the extent to which Trump has debauched the presidency, our system of norms and democracy.

Yesterday, the Republican controlled Senate revealed that the president lied to the Special Counsel and his 2016 campaign was working with the Russians for his re-election. In a previous time, that would have been Earth-shattering news forcing a president to resign. Now, it's a shrug because the public has become so sensitized to wrongdoing at the Trump White House.

--Yes, country over party!
Sure, of course conservatives and liberals are bound to argue over the issues.

I do not have a problem with that!
And I suspect a lot of Americans don't have a problem with that either, it's "how the sausage is made".
At the end of the day, in order to govern a country properly, the two sides have to settle on what is best for the largest number of people, settle on what is good for the country as a whole. No one gets everything that they want but both sides get SOME of what they NEED.

What has me fed up is the campaign that Newt Gingrich gave birth to, and which has now metastasized over the last twenty five years into a full blown cause celebre for CIVIL WAR if a goddamn candidate doesn't win an election.
He's bamboozled millions of people into believing that everyone who doesn't like him is THE ENEMY, and that if he doesn't win, it means this ENEMY is composed of people who hate America.

It really doesn't matter how many guns these idiots own, and here's why...

No matter how many firearms they own and no matter how many militia groups they think they can form, if this finally does become a civil war, they are going to run out of money almost immediately because the reality is, the overwhelming majority will NOT be on their side.
So whatever money they raise to conduct this war will be from their pockets, which are NOT nearly deep enough for more than about two weeks worth of nonsense.

There will be a response, and BECAUSE these tinpot toy soldiers will have committed war crimes and terrorism against fellow Americans, that response will be much more harsh than any of them have ever dreamed of. Ordinary people who never once thought of rising up in anger will become a force of Nature. What supposedly starts out as a "war" will quickly turn into a bloodbath on the streets, and the body count will quickly turn against them, their families, their loved ones, their businesses. Even street gang members will turn into snipers, and that is a faction they never took into account, a very heavily armed faction.
Anyone wearing camo or sporting a Trump sticker will have a bullseye on their asses.
No, not in Kroger, not at Starbucks, not at a Trump rally...how about just sitting at a traffic light?

Fourth, while some rank and file soldiers may be impassioned, it is clear now that the officer class is already thoroughly disgusted with the idea.
These people do NOT have the support from the military that they think they have.
Guess who they will find themselves up against in short order?
Yeah, like that. The so called Trump Patriots will find themselves face to face with the US military.
And if Trump attempts to force the military to side with the bikers and militia, he will find himself face to face with the military as well.

This has gone far enough.
So go ahead...if you want to see tens of thousands of Americans shot, the rest rounded up and taken prisoner, tried and convicted of domestic terrorism and war crimes and executed at Leavenworth, go ahead and try starting that civil war.

Class act, that lady. :roll:

Should've read slightly down page one instead of also stepping in it and looking foolish too. :lol:

That AOC is dumber than a bag of broken hammers. Her vapid comments are only matched by the vacant deer in the headlight look in the eyes of her stupid head. Who in the hell votes into office someone like this moron? .... oh wait, New York's 14th district-- a district full of the dumbest malcontent people you could imagine. People generally too lazy to steal, and if they ever had any money of their own that they worked to earn---- they keep it safe by hiding it under the soap.

How does this fool get so much attention from anyone, especially the DNC?

screen-shot-2018-06-26-at-10-19-28-pm.png

I assure you, AOC is smarter than you.
She was an honor student that won the Intel Science Fair award.
Your disparaging remarks to the million or so people in her district in Queens and the Bronx, says more about you than her constituents.

Face it, Repubs, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is way smarter than you guys

AOC nominates Bernie Sanders and snubs Joe Biden in DNC address

Ouch. So much for Dem unity. I predict that party will fracture even if Joe wins.

If Trump wins they will implode. :mrgreen:

Dem unity? It never existed. The Democratic Party is just too varied to ever be unified. The Republicans march in lock-step unison but the Democrats are all over the map, as many ideologies as there are members.
But this time every one of them will vote. That's why Trumps going down.

Back
Top Bottom